Chat Forum
It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 10:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10902 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:35 am 

camroc1 wrote:
UK fishermen were included in the lockdown ?

Irish fishermen and fish processing plants were included in the list of critical industries, like farmers and food processing, that were allowed to continue working, taking whatever restrictions they could, on board (ha !).

Same here. The Nat loon is arguing with a man who runs a massive fish business in his home country.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:45 am 

No deal is literally just a waste of time = there has to be a deal eventually

It's just a diplomatic failure of government. Businesses / taxpayers will pick up the slack (as usual)

Anyone painting 'no deal' as some kind of pyrrhic victory is a f*cking idiot

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:51 am 

P in VG wrote:

It's just a diplomatic failure of government. Businesses / taxpayers will pick up the slack (as usual)

No one is saying it’s a “victory” though. And of course they’ll be a deal eventually.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:55 am 

bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Irish fishermen and fish processing plants were included in the list of critical industries, like farmers and food processing, that were allowed to continue working, taking whatever restrictions they could, on board (ha !).

Same here. The Nat loon is arguing with a man who runs a massive fish business in his home country.

You obviously missed, or chose to ignore, my last post to Camroc? No arguments here. Fake news?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:58 am 

dpedin wrote:
bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

You obviously missed, or chose to ignore, my last post to Camroc? No arguments here. Fake news?

Very very badly worded considering you also banged on about processing plants .....

But hey We believe you.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:18 am 

bimboman wrote:
P in VG wrote:

No one is saying it’s a “victory” though

Yeah ok :roll: - we believe you

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:26 am 

bimboman wrote:
dpedin wrote:
bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Very very badly worded considering you also banged on about processing plants .....

But hey We believe you.

Bimbo - I think you need to have a lie down, the pressure is getting to you.

I corrected my previous post which led to Camroc'c comments, it is hardly the 'very very badly worded' post you suggest. I have seen worse, a lot worse. I have to laugh at the attempt to create an 'issue' from thin air.

I haven't mentioned processing plants once in any of my posts, others did and I defer to the greater knowledge of others on this forum on that issue. Again I would suggest you are trying to have a fight in an empty bag.

Lets have a sensible debate, it should be fun, none of us will be right all the time but thats what its all about. Discussing different issues, taking different views, bringing in different and often competing data, learning from others, etc. You seem to have some sort of problem about all of this and in particular when challenged with data which suggests your views or statements have been proven wrong? This is a problematic personality trait, often associated with low self esteem, you might need help. However as the lock down continues and I am working from home you will be pleased to hear that I am here to help.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:27 am 

“Bimbo, you need a lie down”

“ shouty, blah blah blah” many times over.

Seems legit.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:32 am 

dpedin wrote:
bimboman wrote:
dpedin wrote:
bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

But hey We believe you.

Bimbo - I think you need to have a lie down, the pressure is getting to you.

I corrected my previous post which led to Camroc'c comments, it is hardly the 'very very badly worded' post you suggest. I have seen worse, a lot worse. I have to laugh at the attempt to create an 'issue' from thin air.

I haven't mentioned processing plants once in any of my posts, others did and I defer to the greater knowledge of others on this forum on that issue. Again I would suggest you are trying to have a fight in an empty bag.

Lets have a sensible debate, it should be fun, none of us will be right all the time but thats what its all about. Discussing different issues, taking different views, bringing in different and often competing data, learning from others, etc. You seem to have some sort of problem about all of this and in particular when challenged with data which suggests your views or statements have been proven wrong? This is a problematic personality trait, often associated with low self esteem, you might need help. However as the lock down continues and I am working from home you will be pleased to hear that I am here to help.

Too many big words.

There's no chance that Bimbo will understand it.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:30 pm 

bimboman wrote:
“Bimbo, you need a lie down”

“ shouty, blah blah blah” many times over.

Seems legit.

Im here to help!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:01 pm 

dpedin wrote:

Its potentially the perfect storm for many guys who rely on the export of shellfish etc to Euro market. Covid19 lock down, need to redesign facilities, potential disruption at the borders, additional paperwork, etc. I fear for the guys having to deal with the current shit storm and collapse of their markets and then have to deal with possible no deal fall out from a self imposed Brexit just as they see light at the tunnel. It will be too much for many in the industry to deal with. Shame.

Not that big a shame, an awful lot of shysters and shite operators in the sector tbh. Should sort the wheat from the chaff and leave a stronger industry at the end of it.

A number of them should have been closed down years ago but the SG hasnt had the balls to tackle it properly and has turned a blind eye.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:09 pm 

dpedin wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Sorry - I meant the impact of the lock down on their markets i.e. restaurants, etc. Badly worded.

Pretty much. Although there was a lot of confusion at the start as the messaging on who was and was not critical was a bit of a mess with some kickining off that social distancing was impossible on the boats etc the government quickly rowed back.

There have been loads of complaints to HSE over social distancing for loads of organisations even Police Scotland got a complaint because of them continuing to breathalyse drivers

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:10 pm 

Those words are not big.

You are a fvcking elderly toddler, Rinkals

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:39 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Those words are not big.

They are to Bimbo.

Anyway, what's your relationship to him?

You seem to know a lot about him.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:41 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Those words are not big.

They are to Bimbo.

Anyway, what's your relationship to him?

You seem to know a lot about him.

Is that a serious question?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:46 pm 

Net non EU migration, you know the exchequer draining type, that is allegedly controlled by Government is now UP to a swamping 400,000.

EU migration, you know the Exchequer-boosting kind, controlled by market forces, is now DOWN to a niggardly 49,000.

I didn't vote Leave and Tory for this. FFS, get a grip Priti and stop spouting your level playing field crap :x :x :x

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:49 pm 

shereblue wrote:
Net non EU migration, you know the exchequer draining type, that is allegedly controlled by Government is now UP to a swamping 400,000.

EU migration, you know the Exchequer-boosting kind, controlled by market forces, is now DOWN to a niggardly 49,000.

I didn't vote Leave and Tory for this. FFS, get a grip Priti and stop spouting your level playing field crap :x :x :x

Don’t be racist.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:14 pm 

bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:

Don’t be racist.

I might be racist but, as Tory Brexitists well know, my vote and opinion is worth just the same as any non-racist's.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:18 pm 

shereblue wrote:
bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:

Don’t be racist.

I might be racist but, as Tory Brexitists well know, my vote and opinion is worth just the same as any non-racist's.

Tories don’t do racism, that’s the other bunch.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:48 pm 

I'd like to congratulate the PM for changing his mind on the application of the NHS surcharge to NHS nurses and porters and social care workers. Credit to Keir Starmer's forensic but "boring" questioning in PMQs yesterday. But respect especially to our PM for recognising that making the right decision is more important than avoiding a U turn.

I wonder if some of our posters will be big enough to recognise that only yesterday they were defending the wrong policy against criticism from me and others, or will they continue to ally themselves to Priti Patel's common-sense-defying intransigence on this issue?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:06 pm 

shereblue wrote:
I'd like to congratulate the PM for changing his mind on the application of the NHS surcharge to NHS nurses and porters and social care workers. Credit to Keir Starmer's forensic but "boring" questioning in PMQs yesterday. But respect especially to our PM for recognising that making the right decision is more important than avoiding a U turn.

I wonder if some of our posters will be big enough to recognise that only yesterday they were defending the wrong policy against criticism from me and others, or will they continue to ally themselves to Priti Patel's common-sense-defying intransigence on this issue?

Tax payer money spaffing the new normal.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:15 pm 

shereblue wrote:

You haven't realised yet that non EU migrants are more popular with the British.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:15 pm 

bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:

So are you agin' the PM or agin' the Home Secretary?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:18 pm 

shereblue wrote:
bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:

Neither, it was just another gutless decision. Expect many more.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:32 pm 

shereblue wrote:
bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:

I'm amused Patel is one of those tasked with bringing forth a policy she probably doesn't love. Though it's not wonderful to see cabinet being pushed aside as the PM lurches between policies

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:35 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:
shereblue wrote:

You haven't realised yet that non EU migrants are more popular with the British.

:thumbup: Selective rather than general xenophobia.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 pm 

dantedelew wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
shereblue wrote:

Still, you'd have to think if we surveyed the Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Indian, West Indian communities they'd confirm they've always been made to feel welcome and super popular

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:44 pm 

piquant wrote:
dantedelew wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
shereblue wrote:

Still, you'd have to think if we surveyed the Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Indian, West Indian communities they'd confirm they've always been made to feel welcome and super popular

Lots more from those countries arrive every year, so it seems so.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:30 pm 

piquant wrote:
dantedelew wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
shereblue wrote:

By and large, yes.

I doubt you know many.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:51 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
piquant wrote:
dantedelew wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
shereblue wrote:

By and large, yes.

I doubt you know many.

Regardless, they seem frenzedly unwelcome from the comments sections of the news items reporting net non- EU migration at over 400,000 pa.

With the occasional contrarians labelled leftys

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:53 pm 

“Comments section of the news”

Sher , you should definitely get on Twitter more.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:59 am 

piquant wrote:
dantedelew wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
shereblue wrote:

Absolutely !

No accusations of police & social services ignoring sexual exploitation of vulnerable girls; just because the offenders were from a minority; & the accusations definitely weren't about blaming an entire community, because of a very small minority.

No racism to see here.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:59 am 

As no deal now looks odds on (at least to my eyes), I'd be very interested right now as to people's views on the ownership of BA in this eventually and which set of rules it will need to follow

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:01 am 

Quote:
Absolutely !

No accusations of police & social services ignoring sexual exploitation of vulnerable girls; just because the offenders were from a minority; & the accusations definitely weren't about blaming an entire community, because of a very small minority.

No racism to see here.

“Shut your mouth for the sake of diversity “.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:33 pm 

Quote:
Absolutely !

No racism to see here.

How is that relevant to Indians, Bangladeshis, or West Indians?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:45 pm 

P in VG wrote:

What about no deal as a desired outcome for our negotiating team.

Quote:
Of course the US supports a no deal – it makes a minnow out of Britain

After Trump security adviser John Bolton’s visit it’s clear the price of US backing will be paid both in trade and foreign policy
Tue 13 Aug 2019 13.14 BSTLast modified on Mon 3 Feb 2020 11.49 GMT

If you thought it was bad enough when Donald Trump held a reluctant Theresa May’s hand, then look away now. For things are about to get sweatier.

The president’s clammy embrace of the British right continued this week with the arrival of his national security adviser John Bolton in London, to declare the most isolationist US regime in living memory would “enthusiastically” support a no-deal Brexit.

A weakened country, desperate for a trade deal and in no position to refuse Donald Trump’s demands not just to lower our stringent standards or hamstring our car industry but on foreign policy too? Step right this way, sir! No wonder Bolton talks of us being at the front of the queue for trade talks, a line every bit as clearly crafted to help Downing Street as President Obama’s suggestion during the 2016 referendum that Brexit would push us to the back of it. And if these presidents can’t both be right, then arguably neither can the two very different British Conservative administrations responsible for ghostwriting their respective lines.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ign-policy

TORIES ARE GOING TO LET THE YANKS RAPE THE NHS

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 2:02 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:

By and large, yes.

I doubt you know many.

Anyone but the Germans eh Mick?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 2:37 pm 

Zico wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

By and large, yes.

I doubt you know many.

Why do you have an obsession about Germany and me?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 2:55 pm 

Zico wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

By and large, yes.

I doubt you know many.

and Frogs...

Mick has a bit of an issue

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 2:58 pm 

Quote:
TORIES ARE GOING TO LET THE YANKS RAPE THE NHS

What an idiot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10902 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273  Next