Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313 ... 317  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 39237
Location: For Wales the Welsh and aproppriate pronouns
mdaclarke wrote:
Bimboc69 wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Quite an interesting debate going around about Rina Sawayama a Japanese artist (who I had previously never heard of) who is ineligible to be nominated for an award because she is not a British Citizen.

Cue the uproar from the Progressives/Remainers about how racist Britain is, when in fact the fault lies with the Japanese who will not allow dual citizenship. However there is barely a peep about Japan's part to play in the matter.

This is a tiny example of why progressives/Remainers keep losing. They are seen to hate Britain and always take any other countries side over Britain, yet they except the patriotic British people to vote for them.

This is why Remain keeps losing, they keep taking the EU's side against Britain whilst forgetting that they need British not European votes.


There is absolutely no connection of that story (from your telling of it) to the EU.


No, prehaps it should be on the Culture wars page.

It is more about a frame of mind which Remainers seem to have whereby British = bad Non British = Good

Homogenising remainers and brexiters is retarded and infantile tbh.
How do you come to such stereotypes?


it's what most people have been doing over the last 5 years. Both sides do it.

In your opinion, however I disagree. Post why you believe this and how you come to this conclusion.
It's trash.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:10 am
Posts: 1332
Bimboc69 wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Bimboc69 wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:

There is absolutely no connection of that story (from your telling of it) to the EU.


No, prehaps it should be on the Culture wars page.

It is more about a frame of mind which Remainers seem to have whereby British = bad Non British = Good

Homogenising remainers and brexiters is retarded and infantile tbh.
How do you come to such stereotypes?


it's what most people have been doing over the last 5 years. Both sides do it.

In your opinion, however I disagree. Post why you believe this and how you come to this conclusion.
It's trash.


FFS. This is the brexit thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17642
ChipSpike wrote:
Bimboc69 wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Bimboc69 wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
No, prehaps it should be on the Culture wars page.

It is more about a frame of mind which Remainers seem to have whereby British = bad Non British = Good

Homogenising remainers and brexiters is retarded and infantile tbh.
How do you come to such stereotypes?


it's what most people have been doing over the last 5 years. Both sides do it.

In your opinion, however I disagree. Post why you believe this and how you come to this conclusion.
It's trash.


FFS. This is the brexit thread.

That doesn't mean that there is no requirement for basic plausibility.

Or perhaps it does and those that proffer their opinions in good faith are the butt of some ludicrous joke perpetrated by Brexiters for the sole purpose of getting giggles.

That would certainly go some way to explaining the unrealistic expectations they have of life after Brexit culminates at the end of this year. Cake, anyone?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm
Posts: 2874
Just read the papers for the last 5 years (and this forum)
https://theconversation.com/british-peo ... xit-130634

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-in ... es-compare

https://www.economist.com/briefing/2019 ... nd-leavers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:10 am
Posts: 1332
Rinkals wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:

FFS. This is the brexit thread.

That doesn't mean that there is no requirement for basic plausibility.

Or perhaps it does and those that proffer their opinions in good faith are the butt of some ludicrous joke perpetrated by Brexiters for the sole purpose of getting giggles.

That would certainly go some way to explaining the unrealistic expectations they have of life after Brexit culminates at the end of this year. Cake, anyone?


Stereotyping is the topic Rinkals. Why do you bother.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21782
Bimboc69 wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Quite an interesting debate going around about Rina Sawayama a Japanese artist (who I had previously never heard of) who is ineligible to be nominated for an award because she is not a British Citizen.

Cue the uproar from the Progressives/Remainers about how racist Britain is, when in fact the fault lies with the Japanese who will not allow dual citizenship. However there is barely a peep about Japan's part to play in the matter.

This is a tiny example of why progressives/Remainers keep losing. They are seen to hate Britain and always take any other countries side over Britain, yet they except the patriotic British people to vote for them.

This is why Remain keeps losing, they keep taking the EU's side against Britain whilst forgetting that they need British not European votes.


There is absolutely no connection of that story (from your telling of it) to the EU.


No, prehaps it should be on the Culture wars page.

It is more about a frame of mind which Remainers seem to have whereby British = bad Non British = Good

Homogenising remainers and brexiters is retarded and infantile tbh.
How do you come to such stereotypes?


That applies to just about everyone who has posted on this thread, and it's predecessors.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21782
"Better no deal than a bad deal"

Probably fine when a foreigner uses this phrase

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... KKCN24U0TM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 8682
Better a good deal than no deal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17642
ChipSpike wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:

FFS. This is the brexit thread.

That doesn't mean that there is no requirement for basic plausibility.

Or perhaps it does and those that proffer their opinions in good faith are the butt of some ludicrous joke perpetrated by Brexiters for the sole purpose of getting giggles.

That would certainly go some way to explaining the unrealistic expectations they have of life after Brexit culminates at the end of this year. Cake, anyone?


Stereotyping is the topic Rinkals. Why do you bother.

Because I like to hear plausible points of view, even those opposed to my own.

I wish I could say the same for you: you seem intent on shouting down any rational argument that doesn't exactly coincide with your opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21782
Rinkals wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:

FFS. This is the brexit thread.

That doesn't mean that there is no requirement for basic plausibility.

Or perhaps it does and those that proffer their opinions in good faith are the butt of some ludicrous joke perpetrated by Brexiters for the sole purpose of getting giggles.

That would certainly go some way to explaining the unrealistic expectations they have of life after Brexit culminates at the end of this year. Cake, anyone?


Stereotyping is the topic Rinkals. Why do you bother.

Because I like to hear plausible points of view, even those opposed to my own.

I wish I could say the same for you: you seem intent on shouting down any rational argument that doesn't exactly coincide with your opinion.


Plausible :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:10 am
Posts: 1332
Rinkals wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:

FFS. This is the brexit thread.

That doesn't mean that there is no requirement for basic plausibility.

Or perhaps it does and those that proffer their opinions in good faith are the butt of some ludicrous joke perpetrated by Brexiters for the sole purpose of getting giggles.

That would certainly go some way to explaining the unrealistic expectations they have of life after Brexit culminates at the end of this year. Cake, anyone?


Stereotyping is the topic Rinkals. Why do you bother.

Because I like to hear plausible points of view, even those opposed to my own.

I wish I could say the same for you: you seem intent on shouting down any rational argument that doesn't exactly coincide with your opinion.


STFU Rinkals :lol:

I'm sorry, couldn't resist

edit: go on then, show where I've shouted an argument down


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21782
ChipSpike wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:

FFS. This is the brexit thread.

That doesn't mean that there is no requirement for basic plausibility.

Or perhaps it does and those that proffer their opinions in good faith are the butt of some ludicrous joke perpetrated by Brexiters for the sole purpose of getting giggles.

That would certainly go some way to explaining the unrealistic expectations they have of life after Brexit culminates at the end of this year. Cake, anyone?


Stereotyping is the topic Rinkals. Why do you bother.

Because I like to hear plausible points of view, even those opposed to my own.

I wish I could say the same for you: you seem intent on shouting down any rational argument that doesn't exactly coincide with your opinion.


STFU Rinkals :lol:

I'm sorry, couldn't resist

edit: go on then, show where I've shouted an argument down


You have been here for a couple of years, yet you ask Rinkals for evidence :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 187
Quote:
"Better no deal than a bad deal"

Probably fine when a foreigner uses this phrase

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... KKCN24U0TM


Easiest deal in History :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17642
Mick Mannock wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:

FFS. This is the brexit thread.

That doesn't mean that there is no requirement for basic plausibility.

Or perhaps it does and those that proffer their opinions in good faith are the butt of some ludicrous joke perpetrated by Brexiters for the sole purpose of getting giggles.

That would certainly go some way to explaining the unrealistic expectations they have of life after Brexit culminates at the end of this year. Cake, anyone?


Stereotyping is the topic Rinkals. Why do you bother.

Because I like to hear plausible points of view, even those opposed to my own.

I wish I could say the same for you: you seem intent on shouting down any rational argument that doesn't exactly coincide with your opinion.


Plausible :lol:

Well, obviously, I don't include yours or any of the Bimbo-posse in that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3951
Location: Still at the end of the world
mdaclarke wrote:
Quite an interesting debate going around about Rina Sawayama a Japanese artist (who I had previously never heard of) who is ineligible to be nominated for an award because she is not a British Citizen.

Cue the uproar from the Progressives/Remainers about how racist Britain is, when in fact the fault lies with the Japanese who will not allow dual citizenship. However there is barely a peep about Japan's part to play in the matter.

This is a tiny example of why progressives/Remainers keep losing. They are seen to hate Britain and always take any other countries side over Britain, yet they except the patriotic British people to vote for them.

This is why Remain keeps losing, they keep taking the EU's side against Britain whilst forgetting that they need British not European votes.


You don't half spout some crap.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3951
Location: Still at the end of the world
Mick Mannock wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:
[quote="Rinkals"
That doesn't mean that there is no requirement for basic plausibility.

Or perhaps it does and those that proffer their opinions in good faith are the butt of some ludicrous joke perpetrated by Brexiters for the sole purpose of getting giggles.

That would certainly go some way to explaining the unrealistic expectations they have of life after Brexit culminates at the end of this year. Cake, anyone?


Stereotyping is the topic Rinkals. Why do you bother.

Because I like to hear plausible points of view, even those opposed to my own.

I wish I could say the same for you: you seem intent on shouting down any rational argument that doesn't exactly coincide with your opinion.


STFU Rinkals :lol:

I'm sorry, couldn't resist

edit: go on then, show where I've shouted an argument down


You have been here for a couple of years, yet you ask Rinkals for evidence :lol:[/quote]

Well you have to admit, a brexiter asking for evidence is quite unusual. What would be even more unusual, was if they actually read and believed them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:10 am
Posts: 1332
easyray wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Quite an interesting debate going around about Rina Sawayama a Japanese artist (who I had previously never heard of) who is ineligible to be nominated for an award because she is not a British Citizen.

Cue the uproar from the Progressives/Remainers about how racist Britain is, when in fact the fault lies with the Japanese who will not allow dual citizenship. However there is barely a peep about Japan's part to play in the matter.

This is a tiny example of why progressives/Remainers keep losing. They are seen to hate Britain and always take any other countries side over Britain, yet they except the patriotic British people to vote for them.

This is why Remain keeps losing, they keep taking the EU's side against Britain whilst forgetting that they need British not European votes.


You don't half spout some crap.


Is this what you mean by "shouting down", Rinkals? A personal attack with no attempt at addressing the point? We call these ad hominems FYI.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12720
Location: Best country in the world.
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote:
Quote:
"Better no deal than a bad deal"

Probably fine when a foreigner uses this phrase

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... KKCN24U0TM


Easiest deal in History :lol:


This is what happens when you put amateurs into positions of great importance.
the smartest thing they can do is come up with a soundbite.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21782
The Sun God wrote:
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote:
Quote:
"Better no deal than a bad deal"

Probably fine when a foreigner uses this phrase

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... KKCN24U0TM


Easiest deal in History :lol:


This is what happens when you put amateurs into positions of great importance.
the smartest thing they can do is come up with a soundbite.


A future to look forward to


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17642
Mick Mannock wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote:
Quote:
"Better no deal than a bad deal"

Probably fine when a foreigner uses this phrase

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... KKCN24U0TM


Easiest deal in History :lol:


This is what happens when you put amateurs into positions of great importance.
the smartest thing they can do is come up with a soundbite.


A future to look forward to

Without a trace of irony.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2053
Location: Switzerland
Seems that Eurotunnel is the latest point of attention in the realization that things are changing but this time from Europe's side.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/b ... d=msedgntp

The European commission has this week asked the European parliament and the European council to officially mandate France to urgently negotiate a new bilateral deal with the UK giving the ECJ the powers to resolve future disputes between the two countries as “union law would not longer be applicable to the part of the channel fixed link under the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom” after Brexit.

Unless there is an overarching deal with one body responsible for legal disputes regarding the entire 30-mile (50km) tunnel there will be chaos, insiders say.


Its clear that both sides need to reach an agreement on how the tunnel will be run but its rather strange that their starting point is 'giving the ECJ the powers to resolve future disputes between the two countries'. They know this is not going to happen.

'One option is to make the international court of arbitration in The Hague the apparatus for dispute resolution.'
seems a much more sensible starting point.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21782
Rinkals wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote:
Quote:
"Better no deal than a bad deal"

Probably fine when a foreigner uses this phrase

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... KKCN24U0TM


Easiest deal in History :lol:


This is what happens when you put amateurs into positions of great importance.
the smartest thing they can do is come up with a soundbite.


A future to look forward to

Without a trace of irony.


That is a good example too


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 8682
Mick Mannock wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote:
Quote:
"Better no deal than a bad deal"

Probably fine when a foreigner uses this phrase

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... KKCN24U0TM


Easiest deal in History :lol:


This is what happens when you put amateurs into positions of great importance.
the smartest thing they can do is come up with a soundbite.


A future to look forward to


Nicely played


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 187
It's certainly a sound bite, but will it catch on?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21782
piquant wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote:
Quote:
"Better no deal than a bad deal"

Probably fine when a foreigner uses this phrase

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... KKCN24U0TM


Easiest deal in History :lol:


This is what happens when you put amateurs into positions of great importance.
the smartest thing they can do is come up with a soundbite.


A future to look forward to


Nicely played


:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 8682
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote:
It's certainly a sound bite, but will it catch on?


it's about the future, because that's where we're going


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm
Posts: 2874
easyray wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Quite an interesting debate going around about Rina Sawayama a Japanese artist (who I had previously never heard of) who is ineligible to be nominated for an award because she is not a British Citizen.

Cue the uproar from the Progressives/Remainers about how racist Britain is, when in fact the fault lies with the Japanese who will not allow dual citizenship. However there is barely a peep about Japan's part to play in the matter.

This is a tiny example of why progressives/Remainers keep losing. They are seen to hate Britain and always take any other countries side over Britain, yet they except the patriotic British people to vote for them.

This is why Remain keeps losing, they keep taking the EU's side against Britain whilst forgetting that they need British not European votes.


You don't half spout some crap.


And you are clearly a nobel prize winner. Please enlighten me further with wisdom from your your galactic sized brain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20379
mdaclarke wrote:
Marvin wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Quite an interesting debate going around about Rina Sawayama a Japanese artist (who I had previously never heard of) who is ineligible to be nominated for an award because she is not a British Citizen.

Cue the uproar from the Progressives/Remainers about how racist Britain is, when in fact the fault lies with the Japanese who will not allow dual citizenship. However there is barely a peep about Japan's part to play in the matter.

This is a tiny example of why progressives/Remainers keep losing. They are seen to hate Britain and always take any other countries side over Britain, yet they except the patriotic British people to vote for them.

This is why Remain keeps losing, they keep taking the EU's side against Britain whilst forgetting that they need British not European votes.


You don't half spout some crap.


And you are clearly a Nobel prize winner.
Please enlighten me further with wisdom from your Brain the size of a Planet

fixed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm
Posts: 2874
Yer Man wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Marvin wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Quite an interesting debate going around about Rina Sawayama a Japanese artist (who I had previously never heard of) who is ineligible to be nominated for an award because she is not a British Citizen.

Cue the uproar from the Progressives/Remainers about how racist Britain is, when in fact the fault lies with the Japanese who will not allow dual citizenship. However there is barely a peep about Japan's part to play in the matter.

This is a tiny example of why progressives/Remainers keep losing. They are seen to hate Britain and always take any other countries side over Britain, yet they except the patriotic British people to vote for them.

This is why Remain keeps losing, they keep taking the EU's side against Britain whilst forgetting that they need British not European votes.


You don't half spout some crap.


And you are clearly a Nobel prize winner.
Please enlighten me further with wisdom from your Brain the size of a Planet

fixed


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 39237
Location: For Wales the Welsh and aproppriate pronouns
Easiest deal in history


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37790
Location: Dublin
You need to get over it and unite otherwise the UK's future is not looking great. The gloating of we won you lost , get over it won't heal divisions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 39237
Location: For Wales the Welsh and aproppriate pronouns
iarmhiman wrote:
You need to get over it and unite otherwise the UK's future is not looking great. The gloating of we won you lost , get over it won't heal divisions.

Unite?
Who needs to unite exactly? Personally I voted leave but acknowleged the capitalist superstate was a Franco German project. That pissed money down the wall with its corruption and obcene gravy train.
But by feck it was a damn sight better than being ruled by this shower of shite with now no veto or influence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9168
Magpie26 wrote:
Seems that Eurotunnel is the latest point of attention in the realization that things are changing but this time from Europe's side.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/b ... d=msedgntp

The European commission has this week asked the European parliament and the European council to officially mandate France to urgently negotiate a new bilateral deal with the UK giving the ECJ the powers to resolve future disputes between the two countries as “union law would not longer be applicable to the part of the channel fixed link under the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom” after Brexit.

Unless there is an overarching deal with one body responsible for legal disputes regarding the entire 30-mile (50km) tunnel there will be chaos, insiders say.


Its clear that both sides need to reach an agreement on how the tunnel will be run but its rather strange that their starting point is 'giving the ECJ the powers to resolve future disputes between the two countries'. They know this is not going to happen.

'One option is to make the international court of arbitration in The Hague the apparatus for dispute resolution.'
seems a much more sensible starting point.


They should close it down.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21782
La soule wrote:
Magpie26 wrote:
Seems that Eurotunnel is the latest point of attention in the realization that things are changing but this time from Europe's side.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/b ... d=msedgntp

The European commission has this week asked the European parliament and the European council to officially mandate France to urgently negotiate a new bilateral deal with the UK giving the ECJ the powers to resolve future disputes between the two countries as “union law would not longer be applicable to the part of the channel fixed link under the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom” after Brexit.

Unless there is an overarching deal with one body responsible for legal disputes regarding the entire 30-mile (50km) tunnel there will be chaos, insiders say.


Its clear that both sides need to reach an agreement on how the tunnel will be run but its rather strange that their starting point is 'giving the ECJ the powers to resolve future disputes between the two countries'. They know this is not going to happen.

'One option is to make the international court of arbitration in The Hague the apparatus for dispute resolution.'
seems a much more sensible starting point.


They should close it down.


Should we?

Why?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 187
Then they won't need such a large Farage Garage in Ashford...

simple solutions


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17642
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote:
Then they won't need such a large Farage Garage in Ashford...

simple solutions

I believe that Trump's America will provide all the necessary trade, goods and services that the UK will require, so it'll be redundant.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21782
Rinkals wrote:
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote:
Then they won't need such a large Farage Garage in Ashford...

simple solutions

I believe that Trump's America will provide all the necessary trade, goods and services that the UK will require, so it'll be redundant.


Be :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17642
Mick Mannock wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote:
Then they won't need such a large Farage Garage in Ashford...

simple solutions

I believe that Trump's America will provide all the necessary trade, goods and services that the UK will require, so it'll be redundant.


Be :lol:

Be?

Are you having a little difficulty following?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21782
Rinkals wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote:
Then they won't need such a large Farage Garage in Ashford...

simple solutions

I believe that Trump's America will provide all the necessary trade, goods and services that the UK will require, so it'll be redundant.


Be :lol:

Be?

Are you having a little difficulty following?


Having :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 187
Quote:
Rinkals wrote:
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote:
Then they won't need such a large Farage Garage in Ashford...

simple solutions

I believe that Trump's America will provide all the necessary trade, goods and services that the UK will require, so it'll be redundant.


Be :lol:


simple :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313 ... 317  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AnkleTap, EverReady, Hong Kong, Mr Mike, Saint, terryfinch, towny, Vleis and 49 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group