OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

All things Rugby
YOYO

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:53 pm
YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:44 pm You interpret things in a strange way bimbo.

The 83,000 predicted job losses was determined by academics and experts in the field. Don’t blow your top bimbo. I can direct you to the people who determined the numbers if you like.

No, it was predicted by an accountancy firm at the request of the London Stock Exchange, the reports predictions have universally failed to actually come true regarding other issues in it.
I better tell EY to run for the hills in that case.
I would think EY involved academics in helping develop the report.

“.. reports predictions have universally failed to actually come true regarding other issues in it.”
That’s a mouthful. So what you are trying to say is some aspects of the report were way off.
So what parts of the report were way off?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

One possible fly in the ointment is the extent to which the EU will press the UK on possible future changes to its SPS regime. Some here are nervous about the influence of talks with the US. The UK will resist doing so, saying it'll notify the EU in good time of any new rules.
This request is absolutely outrageous from the EU. Like proper mental. There’s a perfectly good mechanism for advising on this which the EU accepts from every other country in the globe.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:59 pm
YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:44 pm You interpret things in a strange way bimbo.

The 83,000 predicted job losses was determined by academics and experts in the field. Don’t blow your top bimbo. I can direct you to the people who determined the numbers if you like.

No, it was predicted by an accountancy firm at the request of the London Stock Exchange, the reports predictions have universally failed to actually come true regarding other issues in it.

“.. reports predictions have universally failed to actually come true regarding other issues in it.”
That’s a mouthful. So what you are trying to say is some aspects of the report were way off.

Why would EY involve academics ?

I want you to tell me about the report and your 83,000 job claim before we discuss anything else.

Or we can talk holidays n stuff.

Aussies ganna domthis. :nod:
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:05 pm
One possible fly in the ointment is the extent to which the EU will press the UK on possible future changes to its SPS regime. Some here are nervous about the influence of talks with the US. The UK will resist doing so, saying it'll notify the EU in good time of any new rules.
This request is absolutely outrageous from the EU. Like proper mental. There’s a perfectly good mechanism for advising on this which the EU accepts from every other country in the globe.
Unlike the WA , you haven't signed this into law.

If you don't like it, then don't sign it and go back on it
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:51 pm
1/ Behind the scenes the third country listing or 'food blockade' row isn't quite so dramatic. The EU wants the UK to provide details of its post-Brexit animal and plant health (SPS) rules by the end of next month. The UK says it will, and they'll basically be the same as now.
2/ The EU wants this information so it knows the conditions under which its farmers will be able to export goods to the UK from January 1. This is a requirement for opening up its market to agricultural produce from Britain, and is demanded of every third country on the list.
3/ EU official says the UK has pledged to transpose the Official Control Regulation, which gives the Commission oversight powers along the agrifood supply chain, as well as EU rules on animal and plant health 'with modifications'. They're now waiting for the domestic legislation.
4/ They won't have long to wait. UK spokes says legislation to make the OCR operable in UK law will be put before Parliament next month. Adds: 'The UK is committed to maintaining the highest animal welfare and biosecurity standards. Our future rules will reflect this commitment.'
/ The EU will reserve judgement until it has seen the small print, in particular those modifications to its SPS rules. But if all is well the listing can be done in a matter of days. This is now settling down into a technocratic exercise, which is what it was always meant to be.
6/ One possible fly in the ointment is the extent to which the EU will press the UK on possible future changes to its SPS regime. Some here are nervous about the influence of talks with the US. The UK will resist doing so, saying it'll notify the EU in good time of any new rules.
After all the talks about threats to Northern Ireland food, thank God for some sense from the UK.

To summarise:

The Commission will have oversight on agrifood supply chain into the EU
If the UK wants to do a trade deal with US with regard to SPS , they have to notify the EU .

Some progress.
It's what we said we'd do. The rules that they're after are known because they wrote them.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:07 pm

The request is massively disrespectful and like fishing and state control designed to subjugate or no deal.

There’s nothing getting signed either.
Hellraiser

Post by Hellraiser »

shereblue wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:49 am
message #2527204 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:47 am
iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:45 am I don't expect you to get it Message. You're not very bright.
It's utter bollocks
Toryism is supposed to be conservative and unionist, but it has become (in objective effect) radically anti-union. It is pushing through the most extreme possible version of a Brexit that both Scotland and Northern Ireland rejected.
The EU want no deal, the tories have always wanted a deal. It really is f**king bollocks. Really.
Last year you were gagging for "no deal"

What will it be next year?

You don't know. Unmoored with no destination . Exactly as the article suggests

England has lost an empire and not yet found its place in the world.
message #2527204

It is impossible to tell the EU what future trade deals will consist of, as they are in the future FFS. The EU have threatened to stop food going from GB to NI if we don't become psychic in the next month..... or they have demanded to control our trade deals with third parties.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Britain has lost an empire.

Then again, so have many nations.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

message #2527204 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:10 pm

It is impossible to tell the EU what future trade deals will consist of, as they are in the future FFS. The EU have threatened to stop food going from GB to NI if we don't become psychic in the next month..... or they have demanded to control our trade deals with third parties.

This is deliberate, like fishing they try to make it sound so reasonable while actually taking away sovereignty, a sovereignty they grant to every other nation on earth.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:12 pm

This is deliberate, like fishing they try to make it sound so reasonable while actually taking away sovereignty, a sovereignty they grant to every other nation on earth.
They do not grant it as such. They simply do not try to remove it.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:07 pm

I want you to tell me about the report and your 83,000 job claim before we discuss anything else.

You are losing it at a rate of knots now. To be honest, I struggle with your comprehension.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

Did you lose you job in the financial services sector bimbo?
message #2527204

Hellraiser wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:10 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:45 am I don't expect you to get it Message. You're not very bright.
It's utter bollocks
Toryism is supposed to be conservative and unionist, but it has become (in objective effect) radically anti-union. It is pushing through the most extreme possible version of a Brexit that both Scotland and Northern Ireland rejected.
The EU want no deal, the tories have always wanted a deal. It really is f**king bollocks. Really.

Ironic that the empire was lost by defending Europe from being overlorded by the Germans.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

As far as I can see euro-denominated clearing houses have not yet being forced out of London. So naturally the EY report is just that, based on a hypothesis that has not yet come to happen.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

message #2527204 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:20 pm
Hellraiser wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:10 pm
It's utter bollocks

Ironic that the empire was lost by defending Europe from being overlorded by the Germans.
I know you got yourselves into massive debt and got into the yanks debt which you're still paying off with dead soldiers fighting their wars
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:17 pm
bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:07 pm

You are losing it at a rate of knots now. To be honest, I struggle with your comprehension.

You lost in Fernandez and now we’ve taken a page of posts while you tried to bluff about the LCH. I realise you’ve got little sense but this is a spanking .....

You realise when the swarm tomorrow claim your “victory” they’re not serious, I mean even Mullet is embarrassed and he’s fat.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:22 pm As far as I can see euro-denominated clearing houses have not yet being forced out of London. So naturally the EY report is just that, based on a hypothesis that has not yet come to happen.

There’s no such thing a a currency denomination for a clearing house you idiot,
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

If the UK sign that agreement and going by the author of my quotes, they will, then the UK becomes listed and the issue of threatening NI with food blockade goes away.

We're getting there.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:17 pm Did you lose you job in the financial services sector bimbo?

Yeah, after 30 years. I didn’t lose anything though. I was self employed for the last ten years before a consultancy gig in Switzerland.....

The best bit I was profitable every quarter for 15 years of that time.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:25 pm
YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:17 pm Did you lose you job in the financial services sector bimbo?

Yeah, after 30 years. I didn’t lose anything though. I was self employed for the last ten years before a consultancy gig in Switzerland.....
I think the first piece of sense you posted recently.
Sawtooth the Beaver

Post by Sawtooth the Beaver »

4 Nations, one country.
If you take International Standards prevailing over British Standards. [without a hint of irony awareness]
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

I’m sure you held on your underpants. Good to hear.
Last edited by YOYO on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:29 pm
bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:25 pm

I think the first piece of sense you posted recently.

You have no grasps regarding the basics of clearing , I doubt you’d understand any aspect of the jobs being discussed. All a bit above you.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:30 pm I’m sure you held on your underpants. Good to hear.

Not an expression I’ve ever heard. Must be something from what ever mess employs you.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:31 pm
YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:30 pm I’m sure you held on your underpants. Good to hear.

Not an expression I’ve ever heard. Must be something from what ever mess employs you.
Whooo.. Whooo.. burn
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

I seem to be leading you a merry dance and just started learning about this topic an hour ago.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:33 pm
bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:31 pm

Whooo.. Whooo.. burn
Any more detail on the currency denominated clearing houses.
Sawtooth the Beaver

Post by Sawtooth the Beaver »

bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:33 pm I seem to be leading you a merry dance and just started learning about this topic an hour ago.

Well you’ve not even tried, the currency thing seems to demonstrate this admirably.

I suspect you literally know nothing about it. It hasn’t been great has it.

245-5.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

A very poor look.

This tells me, the UK think they're going to get a trade deal .....or thought
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:24 pm
YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:22 pm As far as I can see euro-denominated clearing houses have not yet being forced out of London. So naturally the EY report is just that, based on a hypothesis that has not yet come to happen.

By the way you dope, surely you can see this means the clearing houses that process euro denominated transactions.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:35 pm A very poor look.

Nah, they’re just shite at IT.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:38 pm

By the way you dope, surely you can see this means the clearing houses that process euro denominated transactions.

That still makes no sense. Here’s a clue , where do most Swedish Krona swaps clear?
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:48 pm
YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:38 pm

That still makes no sense. Here’s a clue , where do most Swedish Krona swaps clear?
Quite probably it is LCH.
Last edited by YOYO on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
message #2527204

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:35 pm A very poor look.

So the EU don't want a deal, then. We knew it.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:21 pm Multiple requests to amend the WA

https://committees.parliament.uk/public ... 9/default/

From the EU in June 2020.

Send us the fine. :lol:
So, there was a pre-determined method in the WA to sort out technical aspects.
But Scummings, BJ, & their lapdog threw out the WA, and introduced a unilateral mechanism.
No wonder the UK reputation is going down the drain.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Leinster in London wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:55 pm
bimboman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:21 pm Multiple requests to amend the WA

https://committees.parliament.uk/public ... 9/default/

From the EU in June 2020.

Send us the fine. :lol:
So, there was a pre-determined method in the WA to sort out technical aspects.
But Scummings, BJ, & their lapdog threw out the WA, and introduced a unilateral mechanism.
No wonder the UK reputation is going down the drain.

Yeah, we’ve all read the truth on this now, UK will be fine.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

Waiting bimbo for your big revelation. Better be worth it. I replied LCH.

By the way, did I not answer your question 1 or 2 pages back? If that’s with big clue is about.
Last edited by YOYO on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 pm Waiting bimbo for your big revelation. Better be worth it. I replied LCH.

But how can they if they’re a Euro denominated clearing house ?