OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

All things Rugby
shereblue

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

Post by shereblue »

bimboman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:03 am
shereblue wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:59 am
iarmhiman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:09 am One of the positives of Brexit though is the controlling of British movement to our continent

After December 2020 we will see much less in the way of English hooliganism on our continent as those with criminal records will need authorisation to travel to the EU. That can only be a good thing. :thumbup:
Convicted criminals like the so called "football fan" in finance, who'd posed for a photo with Nigel Farage, and saw fit to repeatedly push a black Parisian off the metro and three of his fellow convicts, one of whom had worked as a police officer in the RUC. :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBeeZVd6urI

"We're racist, we're racist and that's the way we like it" :roll:

All remain voters apparently.
Like you?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

shereblue wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:04 am
iarmhiman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:09 am One of the positives of Brexit though is the controlling of British movement to our continent

After December 2020 we will see much less in the way of English hooliganism on our continent as those with criminal records will need authorisation to travel to the EU. That can only be a good thing. :thumbup:
Convicted criminals like the so called "football fan" in finance, who'd posed for a photo with Nigel Farage, and saw fit to repeatedly push a black Parisian off the metro and three of his fellow convicts, one of whom had worked as a police officer in the RUC. :thumbup:

Like you?

And you.
Zico

Post by Zico »

shereblue wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:04 am

Like you?
:lol:
clementinfrance

Post by clementinfrance »

Jim Lahey wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:40 pm Well that’s that then.
I’d rather know for sure than all this pissing about kicking the can down the road with both sides trying to bait each other into backing down.
The world is, and will be f**ked for the foreseeable future anyway with covid. Probably not a bad time to chuck another grenade into the mix like a no-deal Brexit, if it has to happen.
I simply don't get this level of naivety or downright stupidity...

To me this is like saying "The ship is very slowly sinking so now is as good a time as any to make a farking massive hole in the hull."

The UK circa 2020 - The only country in the world to actively seek out serious economic harm in the middle of a global pandemic.
La soule

Post by La soule »

Magpie26 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:46 pm
camroc1 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:34 pm Macron farts in the UKs direction...
"It just so happens that making the British prime minister happy isn't the vocation of sovereign leaders of the 27 member states that chose to remain in the EU."

- @EmmanuelMacron, French President
And all those French fishermen he is so worried about not sacrificing.............well he has just sacrificed them :(
I feel your pain. Honestly.

At least the English have their unicorns and other amazing stuff now.

Win - Win
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

clementinfrance wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:59 am
I’d rather know for sure than all this pissing about kicking the can down the road with both sides trying to bait each other into backing down.
The world is, and will be f**ked for the foreseeable future anyway with covid. Probably not a bad time to chuck another grenade into the mix like a no-deal Brexit, if it has to happen.

To me this is like saying "The ship is very slowly sinking so now is as good a time as any to make a farking massive hole in the hull."

The UK circa 2020 - The only country in the world to actively seek out serious economic harm in the middle of a global pandemic.
They have been sold a pup. There is no talking to them. Just smile and nod and let's get on with it
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Drop of 0.6% is serious in the face of a 20% drop from something else.
ScarfaceClaw

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

La soule wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:02 am
"It just so happens that making the British prime minister happy isn't the vocation of sovereign leaders of the 27 member states that chose to remain in the EU."

And all those French fishermen he is so worried about not sacrificing.............well he has just sacrificed them :(

Win - Win
Let’s not understate the important of the trade deal just signed with the Ivory Coast. A trade agreement that, checks notes, gives them the same deal they had when they were in the EU. Take that Europe. Hashtag Winning.
La soule

Post by La soule »

bimboman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:05 am

0.6% is not correct. Even if i was, it would be a big loss. something like £15bl?

You are talking shit, again.
La soule

Post by La soule »

ScarfaceClaw wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:06 am
La soule wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:02 am

Win - Win
Let’s not understate the important of the trade deal just signed with the Ivory Coast. A trade agreement that, checks notes, gives them the same deal they had when they were in the EU. Take that Europe. Hashtag Winning.
They probably eat fish too :thumbup:
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Fishing is the perfect excuse for the UK to torpedo a deal, as it is one area where it is clear to everyone sensible (except those who follow the doctrine of EU infallibility) that the EU's position is unreasonable.

Also it is a difficult area for Sturgeon as once we have control of our EEZ, in order to rejoin the EU Scotland will need to give back control of their EEZ. This is something that they may find hard to do. It may be a small matter economically, but fishing and water rights are highly important politically and to a countries sense of self. I believe fishing rights are the main reason Norway hasn't joined the EU
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

mdaclarke wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:36 am Fishing is the perfect excuse for the UK to torpedo a deal, as it is one area where it is clear to everyone sensible (except those who follow the doctrine of EU infallibility) that the EU's position is unreasonable.

Also it is a difficult area for Sturgeon as once we have control of our EEZ, in order to rejoin the EU Scotland will need to give back control of their EEZ. This is something that they may find hard to do. It may be a small matter economically, but fishing and water rights are highly important politically and to a countries sense of self. I believe fishing rights are the main reason Norway hasn't joined the EU
Yep, it's always been a bizarre element of the EU that a country is required to give up rights to a natural resource in its' waters.

But, as much as I think leaving the EU is dumb idea, I don't think the UK is 'torpedoing; a deal. It's simply that any deal, that is now acceptable to the EU, is incompatible with what is acceptable to the UK. It was always going to be the case, despite all the lies we were told by the Leave campaign (that we could easily do a deal - oven ready and all that).
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

La soule wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:29 am
bimboman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:05 am

0.6% is not correct. Even if i was, it would be a big loss. something like £15bl?

I’m referencing the BOE reports.

It’s about 6% over a decade.

I’m right , you’re wrong again.

Also your big loss is 15 billion from 2.8 trillion . Your inability to make a sensible comparison once again exposed.
La soule

Post by La soule »

Soft Brexit would cost 3.1% of GDP. Hard Brexit an additional 3.9%

Cost of the operation: £134bl per year - More than the NHS budget.

Only in your insane mind is £15BL short change.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

La soule wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:18 am Soft Brexit would cost 3.1% of GDP. Hard Brexit an additional 3.9%

It would cost that over 10 years not every yea and from turnover not payments (not comparable with the annual budget)

r.. Or as I said 0.6% a year.

That’s 15 from 2,800 .....

Or not a lot.

You should have just accepted you don’t really grasp the numbers rather than prove my point,
clementinfrance

Post by clementinfrance »

La soule wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:18 am Soft Brexit would cost 3.1% of GDP. Hard Brexit an additional 3.9%

The figures for no deal vary greatly but I'm sure the 0.6% quoted by Bimbot (I assume he means drop in GDP) is, shock horror, absolute bollocks.

bimboman

Post by bimboman »

clementinfrance wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:35 am

The figures for no deal vary greatly but I'm sure the 0.6% quoted by Bimbot (I assume he means drop in GDP) is, shock horror, absolute bollocks.

6-7% of GDP over 10 years. Much harsher than most on your “long term” forecasts above. You think it’s not even that much. :shock:
La soule

Post by La soule »

clementinfrance wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:35 am

He just does not have the brain to comprehend.

Illuminati.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

He just does not have the brain to comprehend.

The predictions on the graph are mainly lower drops than the 6% I used. These predictions are all over long time frame with cumulative totals.

Stop now
Last edited by bimboman on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zico

Post by Zico »

mdaclarke wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:36 am Fishing is the perfect excuse for the UK to torpedo a deal, as it is one area where it is clear to everyone sensible (except those who follow the doctrine of EU infallibility) that the EU's position is unreasonable.

Bizarre that fishing grabs the headlines while Financial Services are where the real loses will happen for both the UK and EU. :?

It's a visible win for the UK if conceded by the EU, at what cost?

ed. Or the opposite which is what both sides really need.

The Brexit problem of giving away fishing rights in UK waters is complicated by the irrational nationalism Brexit was founded on.
Last edited by Zico on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
La soule

Post by La soule »

figures I quoted are from a study involving Oxford Economics.

Stupid act of self harm in any case.
Zico

Post by Zico »

Learned from the West Wing

"Post hoc ergo propter hoc"

It is therefore because of it.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

La soule wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:58 am figures I quoted are from a study involving Oxford Economics.

They’re over a decade not 1 year though. You can see them above on the graph of “long term” predictions.
La soule

Post by La soule »

bimboman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:04 pm
La soule wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:58 am figures I quoted are from a study involving Oxford Economics.

They’re over a decade not 1 year though. You can see them above on the graph of “long term” predictions.
Not in the study I have read.

But don't worry, you will have the luxury to put the impact of Brexit on the COVID crisis to keep on winning the internet so all is good.
Zico

Post by Zico »

La soule wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:12 pm
But don't worry, you will have the luxury to put the impact of Brexit on the COVID crisis to keep on winning the internet so all is good.
Your facts are invalid because they haven't included [x]

[x] = random stuff I think of
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

No Deal Brexit ?

2016 Referendum
predictions "totally and utterly absurd"
predictors: "pessimists and merchants of doom"

2019 election campaign
"absolutely guarantee we will get a deal"
"a great deal";
"an oven ready deal"

These chickens are still healthily plumed, free range and heading away from the barn, never mind any chlorination.
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

Also it is a difficult area for Sturgeon ........................
Pas de probleme, mon ami. These are quite plentiful around the River Garonne. It's a shame you won't be able to afford them.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Produce the study then. “Long term” is clearly indicated above and over decades.
Zico

Post by Zico »

shereblue wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:43 pm

Also it is a difficult area for Sturgeon ........................
Pas de probleme, mon ami. These are quite plentiful around the River Garonne. It's a shame you won't be able to afford them.

I think we're being codded.

Let's get the Icelanders and Norwiegens involved and renegotiate fishing rights in the North Sea and Atlantic separately.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

ScarfaceClaw wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:06 am Let’s not understate the important of the trade deal just signed with the Ivory Coast. A trade agreement that, checks notes, gives them the same deal they had when they were in the EU. Take that Europe. Hashtag Winning.
Keep em coming. We have to sign as many of these as possible both large and small :thumbup:
Zico

Post by Zico »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:59 pm
ScarfaceClaw wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:06 am Let’s not understate the important of the trade deal just signed with the Ivory Coast. A trade agreement that, checks notes, gives them the same deal they had when they were in the EU. Take that Europe. Hashtag Winning.
Keep em coming. We have to sign as many of these as possible both large and small :thumbup:
I'm always curious about modern identity, don't answer if you don't want to, but I'd guess you're English first British second.

Am I right?
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Do we get Wiifried Zaha back as part of the deal?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Zico wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:20 pm
I'm always curious about modern identity, don't answer if you don't want to, but I'd guess you're English first British second.

Am I right?
Shepherds Bush mate
Zico

Post by Zico »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:39 pm

Shepherds Bush mate

Snip snip :)
nardol

Post by nardol »

UK has had its credit rating downgraded again, this time by moodys.

Pound is going to fall off a cliff in the next few months.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

As this is a rugby forum, how do you think Brexit will impact rugby? Will France, Italy and Ireland clubs get more powerful? Will English, Welsh and Scottish clubs get weaker?

I wonder also if it will stem the flow of players from the SH to the NH?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Produce it then, the results of the Oxford are actually listed above.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

nardol wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:36 pm UK has had its credit rating downgraded again, this time by moodys.

We’ve just borrowed 400 billion in 7 months , f uck all to do with brexit.
nardol

Post by nardol »

bimboman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:12 pm
nardol wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:36 pm UK has had its credit rating downgraded again, this time by moodys.

So the rest of the world borrowing similar amounts and not being downgraded is.....
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

nardol wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:19 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:12 pm

So the rest of the world borrowing similar amounts and not being downgraded is.....

The rest of the world is borrowing less proportional..... by some measure.

The rest of the world didn’t start as in debt as the UK.