OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

All things Rugby
La soule

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

Post by La soule »

mdaclarke wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:13 pm
La soule wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:44 pm
mdaclarke wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:17 pm
La soule wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:15 pm I don't really see what your problem is.

Are there no British criminals living in the EU?

The UK have no criminals at all or if they have, they never travel to the EU?
Whataboutery

So because there are British criminals live in the EU it's ok that EU criminals go to the Uk?

As I said part of the price of EU membership is allowing foreign criminals (except for the most serious) into the UK.

The rejoin campaign better have a good answer to why this price is worth paying.

Ultimately the answer is that the financial benefit outweighs the cost of the offences carried out. That answer may make sense from a financial point of view, it is hard to make from an emotional point of view.
That point just doesn't make sense.

It is about cake again.
It makes perfect sense. Whether you choose to understand it is irrelevant. If you can't see how Romanian shoplifting gangs taking advantage of the FoM to enter the country and commit industrial scale shoplifting is relevant to the Brexit/Rejoin debate then that is your/remain/rejoin's problem.

British criminals in the EU are irrelevant when it comes to Brexit and Rejoin as the voters who will have to decide are the British Electorate and they only care about foreign criminals in the UK. They couldn't give a stuff about criminals (British or otherwise) abroad.

Please continue as you have been as it is working dividends with the electorate.
Brexit electorate do not like foreigners. Stop using the criminals as a wind screen.

I'll happily continue but I fear that BJ is just waiting for the outcome of the US election and buying time. If Biden wins, we might still have to deal with Bexiters for a while.
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Deal will be done. England will cave on level playing field and Europe on the fishies. Gives Boris his triumphant headline on a topic easily pitched, and buries the other one.

Expect much Gotcha superimposed over pics of Fish n Chips wrapped in a newspaper with a Gotcha headline.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

La soule wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:02 am
La soule wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:15 pm I don't really see what your problem is.

Whataboutery

So because there are British criminals live in the EU it's ok that EU criminals go to the Uk?

As I said part of the price of EU membership is allowing foreign criminals (except for the most serious) into the UK.

The rejoin campaign better have a good answer to why this price is worth paying.

Ultimately the answer is that the financial benefit outweighs the cost of the offences carried out. That answer may make sense from a financial point of view, it is hard to make from an emotional point of view.

It is about cake again.
It makes perfect sense. Whether you choose to understand it is irrelevant. If you can't see how Romanian shoplifting gangs taking advantage of the FoM to enter the country and commit industrial scale shoplifting is relevant to the Brexit/Rejoin debate then that is your/remain/rejoin's problem.

British criminals in the EU are irrelevant when it comes to Brexit and Rejoin as the voters who will have to decide are the British Electorate and they only care about foreign criminals in the UK. They couldn't give a stuff about criminals (British or otherwise) abroad.

Please continue as you have been as it is working dividends with the electorate.
Brexit electorate do not like foreigners. Stop using the criminals as a wind screen.

I'll happily continue but I fear that BJ is just waiting for the outcome of the US election and buying time. If Biden wins, we might still have to deal with Bexiters for a while.
If you genuinely can't see past the Remainer Doctrine of EU infallibility to see how EU citizens exercising their FoM rights to come to the UK to commit crime is a problem for the campaign to rejoin the UK, and if you are at all representative of the rejoin campaign, then I despair for the hopes of the UK ever rejoining.

I suggest that the solution will not be calling 52% of the electorate racist.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Yeah, calling people you are trying to influence on an important decision ‘thick and racist’ is rarely a good negotiation tactic. For the supposed ‘cleverer’ side, it was politically pretty stupid.

FoM was the only real reason for the brexit vote, nobody cares about European courts of justice or bendy bananas or dodgy archaic European dividend / Witholding tax loopholes that are exploited successfully by my ex boss for rich European clients whose siblings are euro Mep’s (google cumex files for more on this)
merry!

Post by merry! »

yep, the only safe conclusion to be drawn from the whole malarky is that it is, in fact, the remainiacs who are the morons.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

They have very poor people-skills, that is for sure.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Tick tock. Nearly the 3rd. Ready to be bent over and told you have been very bad boys?
merry!

Post by merry! »

tbf, most of those who voted remain have accepted the result and moved on. that maturity is evident on this thread, where most of those arguing with the remainiacs voted remain themselves (while most brexiteers sit back smoking cigars :smug: ).

maybe it's a british thing, who knows, but we played the game hard, and when the ref blew the final whistle the brexiteers simply had more points on the board.

4 years later some still blame the ref, the coach, the poor sap who dropped the ball over the line, etc, etc... those are the remainiacs.

as for the the french, micks & co, they know they'll have to shoulder more of the responsibility now that the magnificent, magnanimous brits have left.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Whataboutery

It is about cake again.

Brexit electorate do not like foreigners.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

merry! wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:58 am tbf, most of those who voted remain have accepted the result and moved on. that maturity is evident on this thread, where most of those arguing with the remainiacs voted remain themselves (while most brexiteers sit back smoking cigars :smug: ).

maybe it's a british thing, who knows, but we played the game hard, and when the ref blew the final whistle the brexiteers simply had more points on the board.

4 years later some still blame the ref, the coach, the poor sap who dropped the ball over the line, etc, etc... those are the remainiacs.

as for the the french, micks & co, they know they'll have to shoulder more of the responsibility now that the magnificent, magnanimous brits have left.
We have all moved on. We are talking about what will happen now not then. You are gone and that's that. It will be interesting what will happen if Biden gets in. That's all.
La soule

Post by La soule »

mdaclarke wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:51 am

Whataboutery

It is about cake again.

If you genuinely can't see past the Remainer Doctrine of EU infallibility to see how EU citizens exercising their FoM rights to come to the UK to commit crime is a problem for the campaign to rejoin the UK, and if you are at all representative of the rejoin campaign, then I despair for the hopes of the UK ever rejoining.

I suggest that the solution will not be calling 52% of the electorate racist.
I probably should have qualify the "Brexiters" bit, granted.

This has nothing to do with being a remainer, which I am not btw, as I want you out ASAP, or EU's infallibility. This is about making up excuses and finger pointing, again. Own your shit. You made your bed, lay in it.
La soule

Post by La soule »

backrow wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:13 am Yeah, calling people you are trying to influence on an important decision ‘thick and racist’ is rarely a good negotiation tactic. For the supposed ‘cleverer’ side, it was politically pretty stupid.

FoM was the only real reason for the brexit vote, nobody cares about European courts of justice or bendy bananas or dodgy archaic European dividend / Witholding tax loopholes that are exploited successfully by my ex boss for rich European clients whose siblings are euro Mep’s (google cumex files for more on this)
Influence???

I'd rather Barnier & Co gave up so that everybody could concentrate on what's important at this stage.
La soule

Post by La soule »

Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:36 am They have very poor people-skills, that is for sure.
Sorry but

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:09 am

Whataboutery

It is about cake again.

Really? A newspaper from the 80s is your proof?

You realise that was run against a background of French farmers burning UK sheep and beef in the streets because we were still resisting the lower standards of EU meat? Rallies aginst Thatcher - Trump stylee - in Paris for demanding the rebate? Who doesn't like who?

It was a pretty good rant from the Sun though...
La soule

Post by La soule »

merry! wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:58 am tbf, most of those who voted remain have accepted the result and moved on. that maturity is evident on this thread, where most of those arguing with the remainiacs voted remain themselves (while most brexiteers sit back smoking cigars :smug: ).

As already mentioned, I am quite happy that you guy chose to send your self back to the dark age of diplomacy and decided to dramatically decrease your influence in the world.

I am very happy to see that you are happy about it.

Win - Win
La soule

Post by La soule »

message #2527204 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:39 pm

It is about cake again.

You realise that was run against a background of French farmers burning UK sheep and beef in the streets because we were still resisting the lower standards of EU meat? Rallies aginst Thatcher - Trump stylee - in Paris for demanding the rebate? Who doesn't like who?

Oh look, it is somebody else's fault again....
message #2527204

La soule wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:49 pm

Oh look, it is somebody else's fault again....
Fault? The 'fault' lies in what the EU are trying to accomplish by stealth rather than clearly stating that political and fiscal union is the endpoint. You never know, but eoropeans might have accepted that
Did France vote against Lisbon, or is that my imagination? Were we not even asked because of the fallout of that vote?
Cameron never stood a chance the minute he put it to the electorate.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

merry! wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:25 am
iarmhiman wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:42 pm
merry! wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:35 pm british crims retire to the sun with their ill gotten gains. if only eurocrims returned the favour and arrived here loaded with dosh.

just another example of how we've been subsidising the continent.
Become a nicer country then.
can't buy sunshine.

doesn't stop them queuing up to get in though does it ( more deaths in the channel today as refugees desperately flee the eu).
Eastern Europeans you mean?

Probably because they learned English in school and the abundance of cheap labour.
FairWeather_Aussie

Post by FairWeather_Aussie »

mdaclarke wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:15 am

Wouldn't apply in this case

"First, the deal allows host countries to keep out or deport people whose behaviour is “likely (as opposed to “does”) to represent a genuine and serious threat to public policy or security”."

"These changes don’t deliver on the Prime Minister’s previous proposals for “tougher and longer” re-entry bans for foreign rough sleepers, beggars and fraudsters. But they do qualify as “stronger powers to deport criminals and stop them coming back”."

Rejoining the EU will mean allowing low level criminals from the EU back into the UK. (Once we have regained control after the transition period)

Maybe a price worth paying for EU membership but you can't pretend it isn't a price that will have to be paid.
It’s racist bullshit like this that makes people think that Brexiteers are racists. 99% of Europeans living in the UK are not career criminals, just like 99% of Brits are not. The whole idea of Johnny Foreigner criminals is complete xenophobic nonsense.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

I had never considered it possible that there are people in this world who think there is no such thing as a foreign criminal.
La soule

Post by La soule »

Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:40 pm I had never considered it possible that there are people in this world who think there is no such thing as a foreign criminal.
Nobody said such a thing.

Using him as an excuse for the decisions your country made is pretty pathetic though.
message #2527204

FairWeather_Aussie wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:32 pm

"First, the deal allows host countries to keep out or deport people whose behaviour is “likely (as opposed to “does”) to represent a genuine and serious threat to public policy or security”."

"These changes don’t deliver on the Prime Minister’s previous proposals for “tougher and longer” re-entry bans for foreign rough sleepers, beggars and fraudsters. But they do qualify as “stronger powers to deport criminals and stop them coming back”."

Rejoining the EU will mean allowing low level criminals from the EU back into the UK. (Once we have regained control after the transition period)

Maybe a price worth paying for EU membership but you can't pretend it isn't a price that will have to be paid.
It’s racist bullshit like this that makes people think that Brexiteers are racists. 99% of Europeans living in the UK are not career criminals, just like 99% of Brits are not. The whole idea of Johnny Foreigner criminals is complete xenophobic nonsense.
racist? If europeans are a race, then we're part of them.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

La soule wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:49 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:40 pm I had never considered it possible that there are people in this world who think there is no such thing as a foreign criminal.
Nobody said such a thing.

Using him as an excuse for the decisions your country made is pretty pathetic though.
I wasn't talking to you.
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

It is about cake again.

................You realise that was run against a background of French farmers burning UK sheep and beef in the streets because we were still resisting the lower standards of EU meat? ...............
Do you mean the BSE infected beef that, after an expediently delayed Inquiry, was found to have been the subject of UK Government witheld evidence for 6 months?

When it comes to food - who to trust:

French farmers
or
lying Tories ministers like JS Gummer risking his own daughter's health by making her tuck into a risky British burger for the TV cameras?
message #2527204

shereblue wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:30 pm

................You realise that was run against a background of French farmers burning UK sheep and beef in the streets because we were still resisting the lower standards of EU meat? ...............
Do you mean the BSE infected beef that, after an expediently delayed Inquiry, was found to have been the subject of UK Government witheld evidence for 6 months?

French farmers
or
lying Tories ministers like JS Gummer risking his own daughter's health by making her tuck into a risky British burger for the TV cameras?
So you think that burning UK produce in the street is fair enough. Cool.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

French farmers
or
You think French cattle weren't infected with BSE - they just ignored the problem, not only that the French illegally carried on the UK beef embargo years after it was formally lifted by the EU. I think we can trust French farmers to look after their own interests.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

FairWeather_Aussie wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:32 pm

By your defintion almost every country in the world is racist as most countries have rules against allowing foreign criminals into them. (even Australia)

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/enterin ... 0Australia.

Just because 99% are not criminals it doesn't make it OK to let in the 1% who are.

If your response to anybody who claims that we should stop foreign criminals coming into the Country is to call them racist/xenophobic then you will lose elections time and time and time again.

So please continue to do so.
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

ChipSpike wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:03 pm

French farmers
or
You think French cattle weren't infected with BSE - they just ignored the problem, not only that the French illegally carried on the UK beef embargo years after it was formally lifted by the EU. I think we can trust French farmers to look after their own interests.
French cattle were indeed so infected. But pure whataboutery.

There were 8 x as many cases of vGJD in the UK as in France. There was a delay between the UK cases and French cases that coincided with a period of increased importation in France of British beef.

Medical studies and Government enquiries or the Sun Says - I know your sources.

If you're interested in anecdote, I recall one morning having listened to Farming Today on R4 one early morning before the scandal. A west country farmer was explaining that he was burying infected cattle on his farm rather than following Min Ag procedures because it wasn't financially worth his while. I thought little of it at the time but don't white knight Brit farmers!
message #2527204

shereblue wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:28 pm
ChipSpike wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:03 pm

French farmers
or
French cattle were indeed so infected. But pure whataboutery.

There were 8 x as many cases of vGJD in the UK as in France. There was a delay between the UK cases and French cases that coincided with a period of increased importation in France of British beef.

Medical studies and Government enquiries or the Sun Says - I know your sources.

If you're interested in anecdote, I recall one morning having listened to Farming Today on R4 one early morning before the scandal. A west country farmer was explaining that he was burying infected cattle on his farm rather than following Min Ag procedures because it wasn't financially worth his while. I thought little of it at the time but don't white knight Brit farmers!
Are you just making things up? Increased importation of British beef? They were burning the stuff and refused it even before the EU ban.
The commission agreed to a 3.5 year ban on UK beef, not the French, The French then refused to lift it in what commission officials described as "one of the most flagrant legal breeches in EU history."
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Asking shereblue if he is making stuff up :lol:
Sawtooth the Beaver

Post by Sawtooth the Beaver »

and there was me thinking Lederhosen were the most flagrant breeches in EU history.
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

:lol:

I suggest Message tries reading what I claimed before jumping in at cross purposes.

And considers that there is a time lapse between:

3. the manifestation of vCJD symptoms in France
2. the banning of British beef
1. the prior consumption of the infected, possibly imported, beef in France

Regardless, the Brit Govt. Inquiry found the UK knowingly sat on information about BSE for 6 months. Own your own shit, guys.

And if you must attempt to quibble or deflect, try responding to what I actually set out.
message #2527204

Sawtooth the Beaver wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:08 am and there was me thinking Lederhosen were the most flagrant breeches in EU history.
:thumbup: :lol:
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

So, do we have a deal yet or not?
message #2527204

Yer Man wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:45 am So, do we have a deal yet or not?
It's all gone quiet over there.

I guess there must be - just working out how to sell it politically as a 'win' to both sides.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:15 pm

I guess there must be - just working out how to sell it politically as a 'win' to both sides.
Yay!!! A win/win situation. Who'd have thunked it.
message #2527204

SaintK wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:33 pm

We'll await Sir Kia's forensic assessment of how horrifically bad it is for both sides and especially the 4.5m starving children.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:35 pm

We'll await Sir Kia's forensic assessment of how horrifically bad it is for both sides and especially the 4.5m starving children.
Not sure what it's got to do with starving children though of course certain food prices will go up as costs increase
And I'm sure that the leader of the opposition will not be the only one who will think it's a bad dea lwhatever the c unts in the the cabinet say
message #2527204

SaintK wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:03 pm

Not sure what it's got to do with starving children though of course certain food prices will go up as costs increase
And I'm sure that the leader of the opposition will not be the only one who will think it's a bad dea lwhatever the c unts in the the cabinet say
No, as you say, there will be many desperately waiting for Sir Kia to explain why and how.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:05 pm
SaintK wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:03 pm

No, as you say, there will be many desperately waiting for Sir Kia to explain why and how.
Not as many waiting to see how the blonde slug explains just what he's got us into