OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

All things Rugby
Leinster in London

Re: OFFICIAL Brexit Thread

Post by Leinster in London »

bimboman wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:57 pm
Leinster in London wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:55 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:49 pm
Secondly English is one of Irelands two official languages and therefore it is still a European Language

Yes, “English” need Ireland to remain a European language, :lol:

Genuinely lost it.
It's unfortunately a pox like covid.
For millenia the world got on fine without it, but once it came in it spread all over the world and was hard to get rid of.

The English language was first taken to Ireland in the late twelfth century and despite many vicissitudes has remained there since, becoming the first language of the majority of the population in the course of several centuries.
6-7 is not several.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:00 pm No you cannot only have one official language.

The clue for this should have been that Brussels is in Belgium.

And even if it were true do you think there is some weird official language Police going around?

Why does Boris wank on in Latin? Is he aware it's not an official language of the UK?
Yes, you can only have one official EU language.
Danuta Hübner, the head of the European Parliament Committee on Constitutional Affairs, has argued that after Brexit, English would no longer be an official EU language: "We have a regulation … where every EU country has the right to notify one official language. The Irish have notified Gaelic, and the Maltese have notified Maltese, so you have only the U.K. notifying English ... If we don’t have the U.K., we don't have English."
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Leinster in London wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:06 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:57 pm
Leinster in London wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:55 pm
bimboman wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:49 pm
Secondly English is one of Irelands two official languages and therefore it is still a European Language

Yes, “English” need Ireland to remain a European language, :lol:

Genuinely lost it.
It's unfortunately a pox like covid.
For millenia the world got on fine without it, but once it came in it spread all over the world and was hard to get rid of.

The English language was first taken to Ireland in the late twelfth century and despite many vicissitudes has remained there since, becoming the first language of the majority of the population in the course of several centuries.
6-7 is not several.

Thanks. And thanks for speaking and spreading out language, it’s a great advantage to us.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:07 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:00 pm No you cannot only have one official language.

The clue for this should have been that Brussels is in Belgium.

And even if it were true do you think there is some weird official language Police going around?

Why does Boris wank on in Latin? Is he aware it's not an official language of the UK?
Yes, you can only have one official EU language.
Danuta Hübner, the head of the European Parliament Committee on Constitutional Affairs, has argued that after Brexit, English would no longer be an official EU language: "We have a regulation … where every EU country has the right to notify one official language. The Irish have notified Gaelic, and the Maltese have notified Maltese, so you have only the U.K. notifying English ... If we don’t have the U.K., we don't have English."
Yes you see that's not the same as an actual rule is it.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

shereblue wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:50 pm
ChipSpike wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:32 pm
La soule wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:40 am
RodneyRegis wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:52 pm
piquant wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:13 pm

We leverage our position as do they, and again, we asked for this. This isn't going to be the last problem we have with the EU or other nations, so own your decision or at least stop bleating about it
Oh for heaven's sake. Turning legitimate goods imports away is not "leverage", it's practically a declaration of war!
You are a third country now. This is what you voted for.

You are entitled to nothing.
Bitter much? We are entitled to the terms of the FTA, which is the largest the EU has ever made. If you break the terms we have the right to impose tariffs.
Your ilk were boasting about the leverage (it thought) it had gained from breaching international treaty terms just a few weeks ago.

"Global" UK means going round in circles.
If the UK had breached the withdrawal agreement, the EU would have had the right to take action. Just as if the EU breaches the FTA, the UK has the right to take action. Not sure where you are going with this.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

La soule

Post by La soule »

So a lot of people speak English.

Great victory for the Brexiters. Well played and surely a direct consequence of the UK leaving the EU :thumbup:
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

La soule wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:42 pm So a lot of people speak English.

Great victory for the Brexiters. Well played and surely a direct consequence of the UK leaving the EU :thumbup:

It’s a direct result of a successful but evil empire.
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

This is how much of the Irish speak their language:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydSNgr97gSY
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

DAC_ wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:27 pm This is how much of the Irish speak their language:

I'd be more worried about your English than our Irish.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:52 pm

The evil element of the EU has thankfully left, back to blighty where you can also enjoy the darkness together.
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:50 pm
DAC_ wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:27 pm This is how much of the Irish speak their language:

I couldn't give one single flying fudge about your language.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:04 pm

The evil element of the EU has thankfully left, back to blighty where you can also enjoy the darkness together.

Parting is hard sweet cheeks.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

DAC_ wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:11 pm

I couldn't give one single flying fudge about your language.
So why are you googling it and posting videos then? :lol:
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

Because you were harping on about it earlier, something about official EU language or some nonsense.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

So you don't care but you Googled it and watched a little video about.

You're like the go nowhere back in school who tries to do a maths problem falls on his face and then announces loudly "I don't care bout it anyway!! Dont need sums to be an Amry man innit"
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:15 pm
YOYO wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:04 pm

Parting is hard sweet cheeks.
What a comeback. :lol:
Parting is delightful! We might even get NI back now. You might be looking at the break up of the UK.
What’s not to like?
Last edited by YOYO on Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trostan

Post by Trostan »

Irish Joe says that it will be much easier to funnel the USA's commercial development into the EU through Ireland as both countries use English
S Club

Post by S Club »

Trostan wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:16 pm Irish Joe says that it will be much easier to funnel the USA's commercial development into the EU through Ireland as both countries use English
Well that's great for you guys, with the US being a Soviet-style planned economy and all.
piquant

Post by piquant »

RodneyRegis wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:52 pm
piquant wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:13 pm
TranceNRG wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:08 pm
mdaclarke wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:04 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ports.html

Does the EU really think that by acting like this the UK is going to come running back?
What a shambolic, vindictive organisation EU is.
We leverage our position as do they, and again, we asked for this. This isn't going to be the last problem we have with the EU or other nations, so own your decision or at least stop bleating about it
Oh for heaven's sake. Turning legitimate goods imports away is not "leverage", it's practically a declaration of war!
That's refreshingly clear of hyperbole and merely calm reflection. What's the thinking here, strong on peace, strong on the causes of peace?
Trostan

Post by Trostan »

S Club wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:34 pm
Trostan wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:16 pm Irish Joe says that it will be much easier to funnel the USA's commercial development into the EU through Ireland as both countries use English
Well that's great for you guys, with the US being a Soviet-style planned economy and all.
A little word here. Friendship, respect, you know
I was sole wholesaler for a very large US IT company for years.
VP product development said his guys loved Ireland..
"You don't try to talk down to us, like those %^&* across the water from you."
S Club

Post by S Club »

Trostan wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:42 pm
Yeah, I bet that really happened.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Awwww,
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

How are the supermarket shelves today across the water?

Personally I haven’t witnessed any supermarket issues in Dublin.
Last edited by YOYO on Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Was it the mustard for your ‘Landbridge Sandwich’ van down the docks? :P
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

So with Nissan’s big investment in Britain, and perhaps investment in EV battery manufacturing, by 2030 will the the dominant car brand driven on your roads by Nissan? You’ll all be Nissan Leaf drivers.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

My point being Nissan cars will be the cheapest from a production cost perspective. Now with EV car battery manufacturing confirmed as well, the overall car construction will fulfill the 55% car content rules of origin rules. Have any other of the car companies committed to manufacturing fully compliant (RoO) EV cars?

I understand you can import EV batteries from the EU which complies with RoO, but costs will increase. Nissan will have the advantage of manufacturing locally.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:05 pm My point being Nissan cars will be the cheapest from a production cost perspective. Now with EV car battery manufacturing confirmed as well, the overall car construction will fulfill the 55% car content rules of origin rules. Have any other of the car companies committed to manufacturing fully compliant (RoO) EV cars?

I understand you can import EV batteries from the EU which complies with RoO, but costs will increase. Nissan will have the advantage of manufacturing locally.

They’ll be supplying Renault most likely as well.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimboman wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:26 pm
YOYO wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:05 pm My point being Nissan cars will be the cheapest from a production cost perspective. Now with EV car battery manufacturing confirmed as well, the overall car construction will fulfill the 55% car content rules of origin rules. Have any other of the car companies committed to manufacturing fully compliant (RoO) EV cars?

They’ll be supplying Renault most likely as well.
Interesting, Renault have a 43% ownership in Nissan and Nissan 13% in Renault which makes them an alliance. Any Renault EV’s manufactured in Britain today?
S Club

Post by S Club »

YOYO wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:36 pm How are the supermarket shelves today across the water?

Yoyo, thanks for the concern, Bud. I was at the supermarket yesterday, and the experience will live with me forever.

It's like we're living a nightmare here. I don't know what we'll do.

An old woman came up to me, with tears in her eyes. "I'll sell you my 18 year old daughter for a Pot Noodle, Sir" she said, her face wracked with desperation. It was truly tragic.

Walking around the store, the shelves bereft of any form of nourishment, I found myself shrieking "Brexit! Brexit! It's the end of us all! What evil is this, that Morrisons, so long the Northern apex of culinary munificence, should be reduced to this most disastrous state of utter foodlessness?"

My fellow shoppers, zombie-like, wandered the aisles, moaning in despair at the totality of the shelf-desolation. Desperate citizens, bellies aching with hunger, looked in vain for any forgotten morsel concealed in long-forgotten corners.

It is no exaggeration to say that, stepping gingerly as I did over the shrivelled corpses who had dropped in the very shopping aisles, felled surely by hunger as by a gunshot, I was finally driven from the store by an overwhelming despair as the true horror of Brexit was laid bare to me in that moment.

Even in the car park, surrounded by the weeping masses, I was overcome by the sound and sight of sobbing, desperate people, cursing loudly and repeatedly at the madness of our departure from that Saintly trading bloc which people call "The European Union".

"You Twats", they cried, their voices in union. "You must be f*cking mental, Boris. Why, oh why," they went on, "Did you not heed the sincere warnings of the swarm'".

A tear came to my eye, as I heard these beseeching pleas. A young girl stepped out from the starving throng, and, casting her eyes heavenwards, said "Oh Yoyo, you were right! And even Mullet, fat xenophobic c*nt though you might be, we acknowledge your foresight! Forgive us, and please entreat the Saintly European Union to provide us with Umbongo Tropical Pure Juice to drink, and Chicken Twizlers for sustenance, for such foodstuffs have we none".

I, of course, have never witnessed the horror of The Great Hunger in your own country, but - believe me - my experience in Morrisons in Gravesend on Friday morning was a vivid evocation of its horror, and, Yoyo my friend, I feel closer to you today.

Thanks for listening.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

I heard there was panic in Waitrose when there was a shortage of truffled manuka honey, until they discovered it had been rotated to the aisle opposite.

"You finally really did it. You maniacs! "
Last edited by message #2527204 on Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

YOYO wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:36 pm How are the supermarket shelves today across the water?

Was in Tesco this last Thursday, didn't see any shortages. Loads of Bog Roll and Pasta too!
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Off-putting to see them both in the fresh veg aisle all the same.
TranceNRG

Post by TranceNRG »

S Club wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:25 pm

Yoyo, thanks for the concern, Bud. I was at the supermarket yesterday, and the experience will live with me forever.

An old woman came up to me, with tears in her eyes. "I'll sell you my 18 year old daughter for a Pot Noodle, Sir" she said, her face wracked with desperation. It was truly tragic.

Walking around the store, the shelves bereft of any form of nourishment, I found myself shrieking "Brexit! Brexit! It's the end of us all! What evil is this, that Morrisons, so long the Northern apex of culinary munificence, should be reduced to this most disastrous state of utter foodlessness?"

My fellow shoppers, zombie-like, wandered the aisles, moaning in despair at the totality of the shelf-desolation. Desperate citizens, bellies aching with hunger, looked in vain for any forgotten morsel concealed in long-forgotten corners.

It is no exaggeration to say that, stepping gingerly as I did over the shrivelled corpses who had dropped in the very shopping aisles, felled surely by hunger as by a gunshot, I was finally driven from the store by an overwhelming despair as the true horror of Brexit was laid bare to me in that moment.

Even in the car park, surrounded by the weeping masses, I was overcome by the sound and sight of sobbing, desperate people, cursing loudly and repeatedly at the madness of our departure from that Saintly trading bloc which people call "The European Union".

"You Twats", they cried, their voices in union. "You must be f*cking mental, Boris. Why, oh why," they went on, "Did you not heed the sincere warnings of the swarm'".

A tear came to my eye, as I heard these beseeching pleas. A young girl stepped out from the starving throng, and, casting her eyes heavenwards, said "Oh Yoyo, you were right! And even Mullet, fat xenophobic c*nt though you might be, we acknowledge your foresight! Forgive us, and please entreat the Saintly European Union to provide us with Umbongo Tropical Pure Juice to drink, and Chicken Twizlers for sustenance, for such foodstuffs have we none".

I, of course, have never witnessed the horror of The Great Hunger in your own country, but - believe me - my experience in Morrisons in Gravesend on Friday morning was a vivid evocation of its horror, and, Yoyo my friend, I feel closer to you today.

Thanks for listening.
:o That's brilliant!
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Just doing my shopping list now.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

S Club wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:25 pm

Thanks for listening.
S Club, that’s a chilling account of life in post Brexit apocalyptic Britain. Not unlike how I expected it to be. Sympathy to you and the others.
Do not fear, Nissan via the financial backing of French car manufacturing giants Renault will soon save you all from this nightmare. Before long, the despairing employment sector will be booming once again, just like pre Brexit times. The once high flying bankers and world beating musicians, just like the rest of you, will be reskilled into some of the worlds finest EV car battery and Nissan Leaf manufacturing engineers. 2030, mark it in your calendar, will be the year when Brexit truly blossoms.
Till then, enjoy the bangers, mash and mushy peas.
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

Neither aldi nor sainsburys had any cauliflower today. Maybe they were right all along.
MrJonno

Post by MrJonno »

Its ironic that now that the UK has left the EU the quality of written and spoken English in the EU has most likely improved.
Trostan

Post by Trostan »

S Club wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:03 pm
Yes, little man,, it really did
I wouldn't lie to you.
You're not important enough.
Time date and details available,
S Club

Post by S Club »

Trostan wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:56 am
S Club wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:03 pm
Yes, little man,, it really did
I wouldn't lie to you.
You're not important enough.
Time date and details available,
I was in the US once, and met with a client there, discussing relevant data from my industry - facts and figures about market size and production capacity, etc., and one particular statistic surprised him. He said "Well, I'll believe you because you're English. If you were Irish, I'd take it with a grain of salt".

Unlike your story, my one's actually true (seriously). But do you know what it proves? Absolutely nothing.