House of Rugby

All things Rugby
MrDominator

Re: House of Rugby

Post by MrDominator »

It's going too far down the after dinner route (probably inevitable in a live show scenario), with loads of stories we've all heard before. The banter is getting even more bovine, although Smit was good.

And Hask definitely needs to follow the 'be a bit nicer' advice. He seems to have an awfully low opinion of the punters who indirectly pay his wages.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

MrDominator wrote:It's going too far down the after dinner route (probably inevitable in a live show scenario), with loads of stories we've all heard before. The banter is getting even more bovine, although Smit was good.

And Hask definitely needs to follow the 'be a bit nicer' advice. He seems to have an awfully low opinion of the punters who indirectly pay his wages.
Shut the fudge up you virgin
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Lemoentjie wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:I recently got in to this and have caught up with the most recent episodes, and all I can say is that Haskell is a massive twat who compensates for his own shortcomings by attempting to bully other. Worst kind of man :thumbdown:
He's ok in small doses, but I can easily see him being a helmet in real life.
He's a massive cunt. Haven't watched the newest one yet, but I bet he shuts up around Smit.
Haskell only acts a dick to people he thinks we see the humour. It's not as if he's ever attached a guest before, he actually genuinely praises them as respects them and listens intently to them. This Smit episode he's exactly as he usually is, even mouths off about Brexit and sledges a few audience members as he does. But he also listens intently to Smit's stories as well.

It should be added it is well known Haskell is much more quiet away from the camera, something he admits to.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Duff Paddy wrote:
MrDominator wrote:It's going too far down the after dinner route (probably inevitable in a live show scenario), with loads of stories we've all heard before. The banter is getting even more bovine, although Smit was good.

Shut the fudge up you virgin
:lol:
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

The mini pod with the kiwi journalist was shockingly bad. Just typically ABs knob slobbering.
Sydvicious

Post by Sydvicious »

I think Hask is pretty funny, especially when he goes on a rant.
Poshprop

Post by Poshprop »

Like the "How can you run out of bacon? This is NZ you have Millions of sheep". I have heard that attrributed to Wade Dolley on the 1993 Lions tour
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Zakar wrote:The mini pod with the kiwi journalist was shockingly bad. Just typically ABs knob slobbering.
I thought you were being a bit sensitive at first, other than her being a dick. But she did ramp up the earnest adulation.

It’s a bit depressing when an immature 20 something fan girl journo plays up the cliched SH v NH bollocks.

This England team has a huge amount of respect in NZ with those who actually watch the game.
naki

Post by naki »

mr bungle wrote:
Zakar wrote:The mini pod with the kiwi journalist was shockingly bad. Just typically ABs knob slobbering.
I thought you were being a bit sensitive at first, other than her being a dick. But she did ramp up the earnest adulation.

It’s a bit depressing when an immature 20 something fan girl journo plays up the cliched SH v NH bollocks.

This England team has a huge amount of respect in NZ with those who actually watch the game.
I watch the game and I don’t respect them, I want them to actually die
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

naki wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

You need to quit denying your mother’s lineage.
naki

Post by naki »

mr bungle wrote:
naki wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

She’ll be spared, she’s a bigger AB supporter than me now
Lemoentjie

Post by Lemoentjie »

The recent 30 minute one was unwatchable. The AB's groupie couldn't wait to laver the praise.
Gospel

Post by Gospel »

I like this show a lot but Hask gets too excitable in the live shows and comes across as a colossal twat. If he wants a long term future in this sort of format he's going to have to reign it in or risk alienating his audience.
Jensrsa

Post by Jensrsa »

Poshprop wrote:

Like the "How can you run out of bacon? This is NZ you have Millions of sheep". I have heard that attrributed to Wade Dolley on the 1993 Lions tour
I suppose like Yogi Berra's "Déjà vu all over again" these phrases are often used on purpose
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

naki wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
naki wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

That’s pretty good going, did she get on a cake subscription diet?
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

JM2K6 wrote:
naki wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

She got not see any possible way the All blacks could lose (no weaknesses) or any England player could be as good an All black. She was painful!
Balls Out!

Post by Balls Out! »

Poshprop wrote:

I heard the Mark Regan 'altitude on the beach' one a long time back but about Victor Obogu
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Luckycharmer wrote:
She got not see any possible way the All blacks could lose (no weaknesses) or any England player could be as good an All black. She was painful!
She was also playing up to the cocky NZ fan. She mentioned it numerous times during the podcast. But she was annoying me with her earnest adulation. Everyone I’ve talked to about the game is treading carefully about our chances. Fair bit of nerves regarding the strengths England have across the board.
naki

Post by naki »

JM2K6 wrote:
naki wrote:
That's my Mum you cvnt I'll stab you
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

mr bungle wrote:

It's like she's never heard of the mockers gods :uhoh:
naki

Post by naki »

Zakar wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

It's like she's never heard of the mockers gods :uhoh:
I listened to it and she said nothing outrageous or factually incorrect
Sonny Blount

Post by Sonny Blount »

I was unaware that Kirstie Stanway is a bit of a dumb dumb. Very embarrassing.
johnuknow

Post by johnuknow »

Hask is as funny as athletes foot.
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

She was hilariously arrogant, could not think of a single good quality of the English team. :lol: That was a pretty good representation of the average NZ rugby fan actually.
Monk Zombie

Post by Monk Zombie »

was that louis theroux doing the interview?
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

mr bungle wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
She was also playing up to the cocky NZ fan. She mentioned it numerous times during the podcast. But she was annoying me with her earnest adulation. Everyone I’ve talked to about the game is treading carefully about our chances. Fair bit of nerves regarding the strengths England have across the board.
Yeah, was a little bit pathetic. I don't know she's been talking to back home to make the claim we expect nothing less than a WC win this time around. The buy-in this time has been nowhere near as voracious as in recent years.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Balls Out! wrote:
Poshprop wrote:

I heard the Mark Regan 'altitude on the beach' one a long time back but about Victor Obogu
Jacques Kallis, too
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
Yeah, was a little bit pathetic. I don't know she's been talking to back home to make the claim we expect nothing less than a WC win this time around. The buy-in this time has been nowhere near as voracious as in recent years.
It's fair to say she doesn't represent a good proportion of the kiwis on here. Just the majority of kiwis around the world.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Thought the kiwis seemed far too dismissive of England alright
doodles.dude

Post by doodles.dude »

Duff Paddy wrote:Thought the kiwis seemed far too dismissive of England alright
:lol: I genuinely hope Alex has another stroll with that NZ journo.
Keith

Post by Keith »

The Hask is going to rip into her on this weeks show :lol:
doodles.dude

Post by doodles.dude »

If I remember correctly she couldn't name any England player or didn't even think there was a single England player that was better than their NZ equivalents :lol:
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

doodles.dude wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Thought the kiwis seemed far too dismissive of England alright
:lol: I genuinely hope Alex has another stroll with that NZ journo.
It would honestly make my week. :lol:
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

mr bungle wrote:

Alex made the mistake of asking a kiwi what they thought of England. The answer was always going to be "we don't". Hadn't played more than once in 4 years, hadn't won a game during the last tour to NZ. Of course she knew sweet FA about England
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Chuckles1188 wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

Alex made the mistake of asking a kiwi what they thought of England. The answer was always going to be "we don't". Hadn't played more than once in 4 years, hadn't won a game during the last tour to NZ. Of course she knew sweet FA about England
Yeah thats just sad. We'd never played Georgia yet I knew half their players, and I'm not a paid rugby journalist.
Lord Denning

Post by Lord Denning »

...NZ you have Millions of sheep". I have heard that attrributed to Wade Dolley on the 1993 Lions tour
Is Dolley intentional? If not, it’s a great typo. Dolly the sheep and all.
Rugby2023

Post by Rugby2023 »

BlueThunder wrote:She was hilariously arrogant, could not think of a single good quality of the English team. :lol: That was a pretty good representation of the average NZ rugby fan actually.
Probably, Justin Marshall directly referred to their arrogance and insularity on House of Rugby.
Rugby2023

Post by Rugby2023 »

Btw, having watched some recent episodes, it's clear Hask despises the general public. He nearly lost it a couple of times with the crowd. I like him on the show (and as a player) but for someone who likes to give it out, Hask has an unduly low tolerance for taking stick.
Lemoentjie

Post by Lemoentjie »

Rugby2023 wrote:
BlueThunder wrote:She was hilariously arrogant, could not think of a single good quality of the English team. :lol: That was a pretty good representation of the average NZ rugby fan actually.
Probably, Justin Marshall directly referred to their arrogance and insularity on House of Rugby.
Marshall came across well, I thought.