RWC QF: Wales Vs France Official Match Thread: Sunday 20th

All things Rugby
bessantj

Re: RWC QF: Wales Vs France Official Match Thread: Sunday 20

Post by bessantj »

Xupi wrote:
bessantj wrote: The 21 was Tomos Williams, a really good scrum half who plays for the Cardiff Blues.

Navidi could well have been injured he did come off soon after I think. He has missed a couple of tackles this tournament so I don't know if its a bit of a chronic issue. It feels like we are missing Faletau, he is such a strong ball carried and Moriarty isn't doing what he needs to at the moment, plus he's a card magnet. Wainwright is coming on and will hopefully solve any problems we have at 6. If Faletau can get fit again then Navidi/Wainwright/Faletau could give us a very strong backrow.
Thanks. Wainwright is a very good player indeed. I like Tipuri a lot but he did not have a good game today. You do miss Faletau, true, had forgotten about his absence...

Still amazed that we performed so well in the rucks and turned over so much Welsh possession, that is usually not our forte.
Wales seem quite happy for the opposition to have the ball and at time your boys made it seem like Wales weren't even on the pitch.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

As an aside, I've played in a scratch game where someone got badly injured. An ambulance had to be called and then got bogged down in the pitch so we had to push it off.

At the reset scrum, our no8, who was never the fittest lad, failed to get to the scrum and we got penalised for not having no8 on our own scrum. I've always wondered whether this was actually in the laws or if the (shite) ref we had was pulling it out of his arse
bessantj

Post by bessantj »

happyhooker wrote:As an aside, I've played in a scratch game where someone got badly injured. An ambulance had to be called and then got bogged down in the pitch so we had to push it off.

At the reset scrum, our no8, who was never the fittest lad, failed to get to the scrum and we got penalised for not having no8 on our own scrum. I've always wondered whether this was actually in the laws or if the (shite) ref we had was pulling it out of his arse
Apparently the law states:
When a team is reduced to fewer than 15 for any reason, then the number of players in each team in the scrum may be similarly reduced. Where a permitted reduction is made by one team, there is no requirement for the other team to make a similar reduction. However, a team must not have fewer than five players in the scrum.
So if you had 15 on the field ref was right.
lexpat

Post by lexpat »

Glad I didn't get up at 3am to watch the game, just saw the replay not knowing the result

Too bad we lost, everything has been said already about the game and the red card, this idiot should never play with EDF again.

For his last game Guirado costed us the first Welsh try by loosing the ball on contact, pleased to see him gone as this unbelievable awful coach & staff.

Hoping Wales beats SA.
Last edited by lexpat on Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

bessantj wrote:
happyhooker wrote:As an aside, I've played in a scratch game where someone got badly injured. An ambulance had to be called and then got bogged down in the pitch so we had to push it off.

When a team is reduced to fewer than 15 for any reason, then the number of players in each team in the scrum may be similarly reduced. Where a permitted reduction is made by one team, there is no requirement for the other team to make a similar reduction. However, a team must not have fewer than five players in the scrum.
He was fat, unfit, and knackered from pushing an ambulance carrying an opponent off the park and just didn't get to the scrum. I felt it was harsh
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Plato'sCave wrote:Image

Game highlights

Sums it up :lol:
bessantj

Post by bessantj »

happyhooker wrote:
bessantj wrote:

He was fat, unfit, and knackered from pushing an ambulance carrying an opponent off the park and just didn't get to the scrum. I felt it was harsh
Yes, that seems harsh.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

France won the dress-ups quarter-final. Saw a whole bunch of them dressed up in Napoleonic old guard uniforms. :thumbup:
LandOTurk

Post by LandOTurk »

Vahavaamina (sp?) was busy in that game. Scored a try, high tackle on Ball to give Wales pen making it 12-10 and the red.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

EverReady wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Can a rip be forward? Or was the just checking to see if the welsh player was in front
He asked if the ball clearly went forward from the rip, TMO said it didn’t.
Just replayed in the studio, the ball clearly went back at first after the rip.
:lol: I'll leave you to it. Wales got out of jail. They always looked like they would though as France just didn't have the control
Just reviewed the laws, a rip can't be deemed forward. The ref may have just been checking if it was a rip or a knock-on.

https://laws.worldrugby.org/?law=11&language=EN

11 Knock-on or throw forward

5.The ball is not knocked-on, and play continues, if:

a.A player knocks the ball forward immediately after an opponent has kicked it (charge down).

b.A player rips or knocks the ball from an opponent and the ball goes forward from the opponent’s hand or arm.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

eldanielfire wrote:
EverReady wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Can a rip be forward? Or was the just checking to see if the welsh player was in front
He asked if the ball clearly went forward from the rip, TMO said it didn’t.
Just replayed in the studio, the ball clearly went back at first after the rip.
:lol: I'll leave you to it. Wales got out of jail. They always looked like they would though as France just didn't have the control
Just reviewed the laws, a rip can't be deemed forward. The ref may have just been checking if it was a rip or a knock-on.

https://laws.worldrugby.org/?law=11&language=EN

11 Knock-on or throw forward

5.The ball is not knocked-on, and play continues, if:

a.A player knocks the ball forward immediately after an opponent has kicked it (charge down).

b.A player rips or knocks the ball from an opponent and the ball goes forward from the opponent’s hand or arm.
That doesn't say a rip can't be a knock on by the defender.
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

Um?

Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

The red card was textbook and no one would have any issues with it, but spectacularly unprofessional to pose for a photo mocking it.
Lobby

Post by Lobby »

eldanielfire wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:Image

Game highlights

Sums it up :lol:
Should have kept in the two big-titted Welsh supporters
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

JPNZ wrote:Um?

Yeah... no issue with the red card, nor did I feel he favored the Welsh, but that is an unprofessional behaviour which deserves a suspension from duty.
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

JPNZ wrote:Um?

:lol: :lol:
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

That is terrible from Peyper. :lol: :blush:

Bet you it was Derwyn's mates that put him up to it too. Suspend Derwyn as well.