Arise Sir Maro Itoje

All things Rugby
Masterji

Arise Sir Maro Itoje

Post by Masterji »

This has to be one of the greatest World Cup performances. He made the AB strength- their line out as shivering wreck, and his all round game was just sensational. What a performance!
Olo

Re: Arise Sir Maro Itoje

Post by Olo »

Masterji wrote:This has to be one of the greatest World Cup performances. He made the AB strength- their line out as shivering wreck, and his all round game was just sensational. What a performance!
I’m going to say he is the most annoying plum in world rugby, but he put in a mammoth shift tonight. What a performance!

Still he’s a plum!
Troll

Post by Troll »

Olo wrote:
Masterji wrote:This has to be one of the greatest World Cup performances. He made the AB strength- their line out as shivering wreck, and his all round game was just sensational. What a performance!
I’m going to say he is the most annoying plum in world rugby, but he put in a mammoth shift tonight. What a performance!

Still he’s a plum!
And one of the key reasons behind his great shifts, is when he drops the dumb schtick and focuses on his game.
Scrumhead

Post by Scrumhead »

Agreed. He seems to have cut down on that BS.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Olo wrote:

Still he’s a plum!
His get up their nose talent is another reason why we loves he
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

He dominated 2 of the best ever with a spring that I have never seen before at this level.
Bradwall Boy

Post by Bradwall Boy »

Masterji wrote:He dominated 2 of the best ever with a spring that I have never seen before at this level.
It will be interesting if England play South Africa in the final. The athletic Itoje against a couple of traditional monster locks. Maybe coaches will need to rethink the requirements of the position.
Openside

Post by Openside »

Cool your jets there is a game to win next weekend...
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Bradwall Boy wrote:
Masterji wrote:He dominated 2 of the best ever with a spring that I have never seen before at this level.
It will be interesting if England play South Africa in the final. The athletic Itoje against a couple of traditional monster locks. Maybe coaches will need to rethink the requirements of the position.
Good luck to them finding lots of Maro clones
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

Openside wrote:Cool your jets there is a game to win next weekend...
You really think England will lose to terrible Welsh team or Bok team that has no creativity.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

What I find remarkable is how he literally doesn't sweat. Players looked soaked out there but not a bead on him.
bessantj

Post by bessantj »

Pfft! If Wales had won this game I'd be on my twelfth wank by now.

Big apologise from bringing this thread down.
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

bessantj wrote:

Your todger is safe from abuse because Wales will never win a WC

grubberkick

Post by grubberkick »

Win or lose he had a great game, buy Sir, needs another 10 years or so at the top!!!!!!

He isn’t Scots. Oops, sorry that slipped out... ;)
henry

Post by henry »

grubberkick wrote:
Win or lose he had a great game, buy Sir, needs another 10 years or so at the top!!!!!!

He isn’t Scots. Oops, sorry that slipped out... ;)
Spazzmatic. From the start exclamation points, to the use of Scots to the comedy ending.
Clive

Post by Clive »

Well done Toe jam.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

He's a piece of metal.
bessantj

Post by bessantj »

Masterji wrote:
bessantj wrote:

No.
ManInTheBar

Post by ManInTheBar »

bessantj wrote:
Masterji wrote:
bessantj wrote:

No.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
croyals

Post by croyals »

The sound you can hear on the wind is AC screaming the N word.

Utterly superb effort
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

croyals wrote:The sound you can hear on the wind is AC screaming the N word.

Utterly superb effort
The N word being no, not again.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Utterly superb effort

Well, now that Maro has stopped screaming, the rest of us can hear ourselves think.

Don't think I'll ever lose that first impression of him.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Enzedder wrote:

Utterly superb effort

Well, now that Maro has stopped screaming, the rest of us can hear ourselves think.

He hasn't stopped screaming and clapping. He just didn't do it today. Long may the screaming and clapping continue.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Anonymous. wrote:
Enzedder wrote:

Utterly superb effort

He hasn't stopped screaming and clapping. He just didn't do it today. Long may the screaming and clapping continue.
He was definitely screaming at Smith at ruck time. He does what it takes.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

Enzedder wrote:

Utterly superb effort

I thought you NZs liked a bit of screaming and clapping - is it that he doeasn't poke his tongue out far enough.
TranceNRG

Post by TranceNRG »

He was great but so was Underhill and to a lesser extent Curry.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Enzedder wrote:

Utterly superb effort

:lol: he was taking the piss out of the opposition doing just that.
naki

Post by naki »

Incredible performance. He was everywhere. Genuinely one of the great WC forward displays
puku

Post by puku »

When Maro came up from the U20 team, many English fans thought he was the dog's nuts. I didn't see it. Sure he was athletic but was inconsistent and seemed to enjoy getting in the face of the opposition at the expense of playing, hence the well earned emoji moniker. He seems to have put that away and his performance in the semi was extraordinary. One game yada, yada, but his game today was no fluke. Time will tell if he can consistently bring it.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

puku wrote:When Maro came up from the U20 team, many English fans thought he was the dog's nuts. I didn't see it. Sure he was athletic but was inconsistent and seemed to enjoy getting in the face of the opposition at the expense of playing, hence the well earned emoji moniker. He seems to have put that away and his performance in the semi was extraordinary. One game yada, yada, but his game today was no fluke. Time will tell if he can consistently bring it.

He’s been consistently bringing it for a while.
TranceNRG

Post by TranceNRG »

bimboman wrote:
puku wrote:When Maro came up from the U20 team, many English fans thought he was the dog's nuts. I didn't see it. Sure he was athletic but was inconsistent and seemed to enjoy getting in the face of the opposition at the expense of playing, hence the well earned emoji moniker. He seems to have put that away and his performance in the semi was extraordinary. One game yada, yada, but his game today was no fluke. Time will tell if he can consistently bring it.

This. I think the first time I saw him was for England U21 (think he captained that team). He was phenomenal even back then.
Xupi

Post by Xupi »

This player is a gem, I'd love for France to have a lock with half his skills.

He's been excellent ever since he started playing for England, but today he left his mark in rugby's History. He was outstanding.

Both English flankers, Underhill and Curry, also had an outstanding game and shut down the All Blacks in an impressive fashion.
croyals

Post by croyals »

“I really hate the black guy because he makes too much noise and has attitude” - PR
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

He's been top notch for ages. And he's only 24. If you didn't see it then you're a fairly crap judge of talent.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

bimboman wrote:

:nod:

Other than Curry and Underhill being hugely influential as well, Lawes was excellent. I thought he had a really good Lions series, but didn’t get utilised in the tests enough.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

mr bungle wrote:
bimboman wrote:

:nod:

Other than Curry and Underhill being hugely influential as well, Lawes was excellent. I thought he had a really good Lions series, but didn’t get utilised in the tests enough.

Post the Lions Lawes has been excellent club and country.... he was player of the first half really. They also both did the grunt work required as well.
henry

Post by henry »

croyals wrote:“I really hate the black guy because he makes too much noise and has attitude” - PR
Jesus.
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

The U20 team that beat the Bok juniors was exceptional as was the Bok juniors. Itoje stood out as a future star even then.
puku

Post by puku »

alliswell wrote:
He's been top notch for ages. And he's only 24. If you didn't see it then you're a fairly crap judge of talent.
That's cold bro. I didn't say he didn't have the talent (athleticism), and the fact that he is 24 is irrelevant to my point. It is a matter of opinion, but I've watched him play in the 6Ns and the last Lions tour and he didn't stand out consistently for me. Today he did against arguably opponent locks who where considered top 5.

Side note...are you really in Chippewa county?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

puku wrote:
alliswell wrote:
That's cold bro. I didn't say he didn't have the talent (athleticism), and the fact that he is 24 is irrelevant to my point. It is a matter of opinion, but I've watched him play in the 6Ns and the last Lions tour and he didn't stand out consistently for me. Today he did against arguably opponent locks who where considered top 5.

Side note...are you really in Chippewa county?
Everyone has a right to their opinion. Yours is shit but it's yours :thumbup: