England. Worthy finalists!

All things Rugby
Chilli

England. Worthy finalists!

Post by Chilli »

Thanks Chaps for a great game!
You have been Gents all week and deserved finalists.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
JeJe

Re: England. Worthy finalists!

Post by JeJe »

They had a good tournament, and lots of stand out performances. Won't be any consolation for them though I'm sure.
Lemoentjie

Post by Lemoentjie »

Strongly agree. A great memory of their dismantle of the ABs.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Beat the worst Aus side in living memory. Caught ABs cold after they played their final in the revenge mission against Ireland and got found out today. Oh and got to skip their group game against what turned out to be a very dangerous French side.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Cabbage wrote:Beat the worst Aus side in living memory. Caught ABs cold after they played their final in the revenge mission against Ireland and got found out today. Oh and got to skip their group game against what turned out to be a very dangerous French side.
I really hope that post makes you feel better about yourself and your team.
PCPhil

Post by PCPhil »

Cabbage wrote:Beat the worst Aus side in living memory. Caught ABs cold after they played their final in the revenge mission against Ireland and got found out today. Oh and got to skip their group game against what turned out to be a very dangerous French side.
Honest question, are you a classness nobody in real life or is it just 100% on this forum?
Chilli

Post by Chilli »

And your team ended up where?
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Chilli wrote:
Please ignore this moron
He does it represent Ireland or the Irish fans
Jury is still out that he is a welsh multi

England have been fantastic all year
They just met a team that played better on the day
Last edited by Winnie on Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New guy

Post by New guy »

Winnie wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Please ignore this moron
He does it represent Ireland or the Irish fans
Jury is still out that he is a welsh multi
Take your tin foil hat off, he's one of yours.
Bloutoria

Post by Bloutoria »

You did well to take out NZ in the SF. Us supporters were frankly a bit relieved.
SamShark

Post by SamShark »

Bloutoria wrote:You did well to take out NZ in the SF. Us supporters were frankly a bit relieved.
It's always the way - some bastard has to take out the kiwis, but that doesn't mean you'll win the whole thing
Glaston

Post by Glaston »

PCPhil wrote:
Honest question, are you a classness nobody in real life or is it just 100% on this forum?
He cant beat real life
Morgan14

Post by Morgan14 »

Commiserations English fans. Tough day. Lots of positives, future is bright
assfly

Post by assfly »

An important thread :thumbup:

You've got a fantastic (and very likable) team and a great coach. You were a tremendous force during the world cup, which is why it means to much to beat you in the final.

Looking forward to meeting most of that team in 2 years when the Lions head down south
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

SamShark wrote:
Bloutoria wrote:You did well to take out NZ in the SF. Us supporters were frankly a bit relieved.
It's always the way - some bastard has to take out the kiwis, but that doesn't mean you'll win the whole thing
Eddie Jones: “Tell me about it dicknose” X 2.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Played possibly the most complete game of rugby I have seen against the All Blacks. They bring that effort each time and they will win most matches. Bright prospects. Dawn of a new superpower?
TheSmurf

Post by TheSmurf »

England are a quality side and well deserved getting into the final :thumbup:
Really like Underhill and Curry; two young'uns of high quality and class. Always been a fan of Watson and after his smirk, I really like Farrel.
Actually, like a lot of them.
Can't wait to see the boys go at each other again in the future!
Crazy Ed

Post by Crazy Ed »

England were very good and were in this game for 65 mins despite multiple (forced) errors.
The people wanting to dance over them for coming second in a world cup says more about those posters character that that of England team and its supporters.
I Look forward to the next iteration of this clash.
Again well done England.
SamShark

Post by SamShark »

Thanks for the positive comments.

It's a bit painful to wake up and realise (again) the chance has gone, but I was delighted with the quarter final and semi final and - as much as I'd like to - you can't win em all.

One of the dissapointing things is kind of knowing what's coming from South Africa - and not being able to stop it - but fudge it, England have had a good tournament and should be pleased with themselves when the trauma of losing has eased a bit.
ManInTheBar

Post by ManInTheBar »

I agree with Sam

We were well beaten by the better side and it was great to see how much it meant to the SA players and fans.

We had a good run and played some great rugby along the way - hopes were raised......and then dashed. It was, as they say, painful at first but then, strangely, I was happy to see tries scored and SA get the margin they deserved.
Calculus

Post by Calculus »

Despite my utter joy at the result was impossible not to feel sympathy for their supporters, can't be nice seeing your team lose a final that they were favourites for.

The England fans were generous in defeat (with the exception of that dick openside) while the man shaming of the all lacks was one of the highlights of the tournament
ManInTheBar

Post by ManInTheBar »

For the avoidance of doubt, Openside is a Scot
Last edited by ManInTheBar on Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
OomStruisbaai

Post by OomStruisbaai »

Openside is a Scot?

The Wales and English PR posters are all quality posters.

Sport work in cycles thats why we love sport.
backrow

Post by backrow »

OomPB wrote:Openside is a Scot?

The Wales and English PR posters are all quality posters.

Sport work in cycles thats why we love sport.
Open side is that most plastic of scotsmen, posh voiced Home Counties multi wives rich nice but dim sort with usual middle aged trappings of kids at boarding school and ponies, perma suntan, and zero IT knowledge. Only enjoys being Scottish as allows him to wear a dress.
Openside

Post by Openside »

Calculus wrote:Despite my utter joy at the result was impossible not to feel sympathy for their supporters, can't be nice seeing your team lose a final that they were favourites for.

The England fans were generous in defeat (with the exception of that dick openside) while the man shaming of the all lacks was one of the highlights of the tournament
Seriously WTF??
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Clogs wrote:Played possibly the most complete game of rugby I have seen against the All Blacks. They bring that effort each time and they will win most matches. Bright prospects. Dawn of a new superpower?
Just so hard to get up like that again. They were utterly ferocious for 80 mins against us. Amazing game. They were more measured against Boks. But it ultimately ended up looking flat with poor line speed.
Calculus

Post by Calculus »

Openside wrote:
Calculus wrote:Despite my utter joy at the result was impossible not to feel sympathy for their supporters, can't be nice seeing your team lose a final that they were favourites for.

Seriously WTF??
Wasn't being entirely serious but you did seem to be the only England fan going on and on about how unfair the ref was to your side. Easy for me to say but I really doubt he cost you the match.
ManInTheBar

Post by ManInTheBar »

Calculus wrote:
Openside wrote:

Seriously WTF??
Wasn't being entirely serious but you did seem to be the only England fan going on and on about how unfair the ref was to your side. Easy for me to say but I really doubt he cost you the match.
Openside is NOT English!
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

What an unpleasant post.
Openside

Post by Openside »

Calculus wrote:
Openside wrote:

Seriously WTF??

How do you work that out,? I repeated a point that I have made on here countless times before that I believe technical faults at scrums (hand put on floor, slipped binding etc.) are nor worthy of a 3 point advantage to the other team. The scrum although a competition is essentially a means of restarting the game with a 'supposed' advantage to the team putting in. Not the main accumulator of a sides points (IMO)

The point I made about Mpimpi try looking to come from a forward pass was due to the view showed during the match. Jensara has since shown me an angle that indicates it wasn't forward and as such a brilliant try.

I stated that SA monstered England and certainly never wished to imply the ref swayed the result.
johnuknow

Post by johnuknow »

Speaking as an Irish person, I thought they represented the NH well. So did Wales mind you. France were as reliable as always.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Chilli wrote:Thanks Chaps for a great game!
You have been Gents all week and deserved finalists.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Been a great world cup for both sides, gutted about the result but all credit to South Africa who are worthy champions and of course the significance of a black captain lifting the World Cup for South Africa is an amazing story.
Calculus

Post by Calculus »

koroke hangareka wrote:

What an unpleasant post.
Not sure why you are getting precious cos of a typo

@openside, fair enough, I must have read too much in your post.
jos

Post by jos »

johnuknow wrote:Speaking as an Irish person, I thought they represented the NH well. So did Wales mind you. France were as reliable as always.
It's been years since we are crap, so I think our result are quite good in comparison. The young players coming, give me hope for our future. The only real failure from the NH side is unfortunately your country. You lost to Japan, and were pathetic against NZ. :blush:
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

Calculus wrote:
koroke hangareka wrote:

What an unpleasant post.

*sigh*
Openside

Post by Openside »

Calculus wrote:
koroke hangareka wrote:

What an unpleasant post.

:thumbup: :thumbup: