SocDs
10%
Crusty eco party
21%

Total votes: 161

goose81

Re: Irishers-Official 33rd Dáil Éireann election thread

Post by goose81 »

Flametop wrote:So what happens if SF get the most seats?
Is Mary Lou going to insist on being the Taoiseach?
Jesus Christ :lol:
Trostan

Post by Trostan »

Back to The Algarve, fudge this.
C'mon Ireland, were better than this.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Well fùck it anyway
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

I used to wonder about how the vast online vitriol for all things FF/FF/Labour/Greens wasn't reflected in seats. Well it is now and having read their posts for years they are mostly thick cünts. Democracy doesn't work anymore
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

https://twitter.com/VirginMediaNews/sta ... 42272?s=19

Who votes for this guy, seriously? x(
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

I think the best thing now is a FF + SF government with FF leading, I've a funny feeling SF will want another election, watch them blame FF for negotiation breakdown. Imagine them leading a government
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Nolanator wrote:https://twitter.com/VirginMediaNews/sta ... 42272?s=19

Who votes for this guy, seriously? x(
Nurses who live in Austria apparently. Claire fückface Daly on Virgin preening. Claire they all hate you
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:I think the best thing now is a FF + SF government with FF leading, I've a funny feeling SF will want another election, watch them blame FF for negotiation breakdown. Imagine them leading a government
100% they would pull the plug. Tbf not pulling the plug did for Labour and Greens
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Wolfe Tone wrote:
Boxcar Ira wrote:There's a 22 year old student voted in in Galway. Quite literally a donkey could get in on the SF ticket
There's a SF lad in wexford who got 800 votes in the recent local elections for the council, lost his seat and got 19k 1st preferences yesterday for the Dáil :lol:

I hope the Shinners get a crack at governing, I think the gloss will wear off them pretty quickly.
Jesus f**king christ
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Purging my fb friends list of sf sympathizing mongs, who are gratifyingly small in number at least. Probably time to dump fb entirely though.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Hi lads,

As I know the UK press will only give horrible slanted angles on the Irish election, I'm curious to learn a few things.

1) Why is Sinn Fein so popular? They are the biggest party now or something?

2) Is Leo Varadkar going to remain Irish leader? My twitter says he's lost two counts which is bad, but may still be elected. What's this about?

3) What are the big policy differences?

4a) How close are Ireland's Sinn Fein to Norther Ireland's Sinn Fein?

4b) How terroristy are Sinn Fein now? How are their past not holding them back as an electoral force? Will the BBC have to block out their eyes and have a actor do a voice over at EU summits in the future? (this one is a joke)
DragonKhan

Post by DragonKhan »

EverReady wrote:I used to wonder about how the vast online vitriol for all things FF/FF/Labour/Greens wasn't reflected in seats. Well it is now and having read their posts for years they are mostly thick cünts. Democracy doesn't work anymore
Democracy does work. There is a level playing field and FF/FG message simply did not resonate with large swathes of the country. FF/FG represent the same old corrupt local and national politics that Ireland has endure for the last 100 years. I didn't want the shinners in power, but here we are. It is a failure of Martin and Vradkar to appeal to people
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

DragonKhan wrote:
EverReady wrote:I used to wonder about how the vast online vitriol for all things FF/FF/Labour/Greens wasn't reflected in seats. Well it is now and having read their posts for years they are mostly thick cünts. Democracy doesn't work anymore
Democracy does work. There is a level playing field and FF/FG message simply did not resonate with large swathes of the country. FF/FG represent the same old corrupt local and national politics that Ireland has endure for the last 100 years. I didn't want the shinners in power, but here we are. It is a failure of Martin and Vradkar to appeal to people
Commie
DragonKhan

Post by DragonKhan »

I am not a f**king commie :lol:

I think Sinn Fein are scum. I lean right on most issues
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

eldanielfire wrote:Hi lads,

As I know the UK press will only give horrible slanted angles on the Irish election, I'm curious to learn a few things.

2) Is Leo Varadkar going to remain Irish leader? My twitter says he's lost two counts which is bad, but may still be elected. What's this about?

4b) How terroristy are Sinn Fein now? How are their past not holding them back as an electoral force? Will the BBC have to block out their eyes and have a actor do a voice over at EU summits in the future? (this one is a joke)
1. Houses too expensive relative to income, healthcare is a disaster.

2. No, will be very lucky to remain as leader of his party Fine Gael.

3. Sinn Fein want to bankrupt the country giving away free houses and . Well free everything. As long as you don’t work.

4a. They both are the same, they support criminals and terrorists. They don’t like Special criminal courts that convict their members.

4b. Still criminals but woke millennials are turning a blind eye if they get a free house.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

I didn't realise they had a bit of daylight as the most popular party. I make my living from the sort of companies they're likely to scare the shit out of so I'm more than a bit worried.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

1) Why is Sinn Fein so popular? They are the biggest party now or something? They are about to be but by a small number of seats. FG/FF/Sinn Fein are all about 35-40 seats with the Shinners shading it. They are popular for a range of reasons but a lot of it is housing and cost of same and ren

2) Is Leo Varadkar going to remain Irish leader? My twitter says he's lost two counts which is bad, but may still be elected. What's this about? He stays leader until Government formed which will be difficult and time consuming. H may form a Government with other parties

3) What are the big policy differences? Shinners spend billions we don't have and tax multinationals etc. FF/FG are centre and centre right

4a) How close are Ireland's Sinn Fein to Norther Ireland's Sinn Fein? They are the same party different systems. Like China and Hong Kong.

4b) How terroristy are Sinn Fein now? How are their past not holding them back as an electoral force? Will the BBC have to block out their eyes and have a actor do a voice over at EU summits in the future? (this one is a joke). They are not that terroisty but up North they probably engage in community policing with or without the communities consent
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

4b. Lots of newer blood who hand no connection to their violent past, but they still have TDs like Dessie Ellis, who pioneered the car bomb and had served time for it.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Nolanator wrote:4b. Lots of newer blood who hand no connection to their violent past, but they still have TDs like Dessie Ellis, who pioneered the car bomb and had served time for it.
They have a violent present as well.
crouchy

Post by crouchy »

Wicklow result in. Shinners.

Not enough prods in Wicklow clearly.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

Flametop wrote:

3. Sinn Fein want to bankrupt the country giving away free houses and . Well free everything. As long as you don’t work.

4a. They both are the same, they support criminals and terrorists. They don’t like Special criminal courts that convict their members.

4b. Still criminals but woke millennials are turning a blind eye if they get a free house.
Your first point re. housing is really only true in relation to people living in Dublin. Maybe also touching on parts of Cork and Galway.
crouchy

Post by crouchy »

Charlie Keddy got 200 first preferences :lol:
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Mary Mitchell O'Connor could be in trouble. Much as I want to see FG win as many seats as possible i really dont like her
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Nolanator wrote:4b. Lots of newer blood who hand no connection to their violent past, but they still have TDs like Dessie Ellis, who pioneered the car bomb and had served time for it.
Yet people kick the shit out of unionists because of how our grandfathers shamefully behaved in the 50s and 60s
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

crouchy wrote:Wicklow result in. Shinners.

No surprise there. More interested in who gets in out of the rest behind him.
Last edited by Nolanator on Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crouchy

Post by crouchy »

Donnelly doing worse than Whitmore. Thank goodness, fcuking snake.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Winnie wrote:
Yet people kick the shit out of unionists because of how our grandfathers shamefully behaved in the 50s and 60s
Who on earth are you talking to?
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Winnie wrote:
fudge off. I'm having a go a the terrorists in SF's ranks. Go and make it about yourself somewhere else you needy fudge.
de_Selby

Post by de_Selby »

Too many knackers, but I suppose a short drive through Bray, Newtown, Wicklow town and Arklow would have made that very clear
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

crouchy wrote:Donnelly doing worse than Whitmore. Thank goodness, fcuking snake.
Good to hear.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

de_Selby wrote:

Too many knackers, but I suppose a short drive through Bray, Newtown, Wicklow town and Arklow would have made that very clear
It's not just knacks. It's delusional to keep parroting that line.
Boxcar Ira

Post by Boxcar Ira »

Very few Sinners on here Winnie. Go to F365 to get your fix
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Flametop wrote:

Cheers. Interesting that housing is a main issue. I'm sure it's quietly a big source of unhappiness in the UK and all over the world (House prices are up in all major cities). But for some reason no country seems to be fixing the issue. Sounds like they are going the Corbyn free everything method of gaining youth popularity.
terryfinch

Post by terryfinch »

What the hell just happened? You have one fuc*ed up political system. :o
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

How about working class Prod’s voting SF?
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

eldanielfire wrote:. Sounds like they are going the Corbyn free everything method of gaining youth popularity.
Lots of parallels, for sure.
Miguel Indurain

Post by Miguel Indurain »

normilet wrote:I see Bloomberg are saying it's a good time to dump Irish bonds.

Great.
Central banks will buy up what's been sold (like they've been doing for the past 6 years)
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

Anybody know how many seats you need to change the constitution?
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

terryfinch wrote:What the hell just happened? You have one fuc*ed up political system. :o
The political system is perfectly fine, there's nothing f**ked about it, if you can count numbers. The problem is that people voted overwhelmingly in favour of SF. They'd be toning home regardless of voting system.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

terryfinch wrote:What the hell just happened? You have one fuc*ed up political system. :o
You really need to look in the mirror!!