eldanielfire

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by eldanielfire »

RodneyRegis wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
RodneyRegis wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
message #2527204 wrote: 'We demand full pay'
Nice. Haven't they noticed that the pubs are shut and aren't making any money? That there's a virus going around killing people?
That's your take on that?

Jesus h christ but you're a piece of shit sometimes
Hang on a sec.

They've been paid 3 weeks for March rather than 4.

They've not been paid for the week they are not working. they are being "left" till end of April - ie next payroll.

They will then be paid for all of April and the last week in March, 80% of their salaries.

It's hardly any different to the vast majority of staff who are not working at all.

Loads of people have simply been laid off, and won't get the 80%.

They demand full pay whilst not working?

Bonus thing is shitty, granted.
Yesterday I read McDonalds are paying their staff into April, then they were sure the government 80% pay would kick-in. At least they seem to be some consideration for staff there.
Let's not pretend that Wetherspoons are the only large company not to be paying staff in full whilst they are not doing any work.

I'm not, I posted about several companies in the past week or so now (Virgin, SD, Wetherspoons), as well as some of the ones who are supporting their staff (Greggs among others). Now small businesses I understand. Large nation wide businesses owned by multimilionaires or billionaires are the ones earning my criticism.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

RodneyRegis wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
BlackMac wrote:Does anyone else think that all the free food etc being offered to NHS and emergency service staff is all a bit misplaced. Whilst their efforts should surely be appreciated, most are not suffering financially. It might be a good idea if some of this was directed at food banks and charities for people in genuine need.
I suppose given the stress the NHS is under, the gesture is probably just seen as a nice thing. I'm sure Doctors and Nurses mental health will be supported by the bonus bits of charity and freebies as societies appreciation.
Yeah, doesn't hurt. I'm sure plenty of companies are helping charities as well.
Many are. I think McDonalds and Greggs are taking their food supplies to charities.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

eldanielfire wrote:
RodneyRegis wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
RodneyRegis wrote:
happyhooker wrote: That's your take on that?

Jesus h christ but you're a piece of shit sometimes
Hang on a sec.

They've been paid 3 weeks for March rather than 4.

They've not been paid for the week they are not working. they are being "left" till end of April - ie next payroll.

They will then be paid for all of April and the last week in March, 80% of their salaries.

It's hardly any different to the vast majority of staff who are not working at all.

Loads of people have simply been laid off, and won't get the 80%.

They demand full pay whilst not working?

Bonus thing is shitty, granted.
Yesterday I read McDonalds are paying their staff into April, then they were sure the government 80% pay would kick-in. At least they seem to be some consideration for staff there.
Let's not pretend that Wetherspoons are the only large company not to be paying staff in full whilst they are not doing any work.

I'm not, I posted about several companies in the past week or so now (Virgin, SD, Wetherspoons), as well as some of the ones who are supporting their staff (Greggs among others). Now small businesses I understand. Large nation wide businesses owned by multimilionaires or billionaires are the ones earning my criticism.
I don't understand why a union that represents probably 5% of the workforce is risking the jobs of the whole workforce if the chain goes under after this mess because patrons stay away.
And for what? What do they hope to achieve? To shame a businessman who gave them their job in the first place, during an extraordinary situation where he's been shut down by the government of the country?
Last edited by message #2527204 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

I got 20!!! My Mrs got 17.
Varsity Way

Post by Varsity Way »

c69 wrote:Feck me that was a busy day.
The stuff I have heard from London is harrowing, not enough vents, PPE a nightmare and staff dropping like flies. This is as bad as expected.
Shit. Thanks for all you are doing. I have heard from contacts at RCH Treliske that they are already at capacity...and staff dropping
like flies as you report. :(
Lobby

Post by Lobby »

OptimisticJock wrote:
BlackMac wrote:Does anyone else think that all the free food etc being offered to NHS and emergency service staff is all a bit misplaced. Whilst their efforts should surely be appreciated, most are not suffering financially. It might be a good idea if some of this was directed at food banks and charities for people in genuine need.
Agreed. Although in fairness they can probably only give so much to charities before it goes out of date (which is an issue regardless of whether or not it should be)
Foodbanks are really struggling. They can’t get the food they need from supermarkets because of the panic buying, and several have had to close because they are mainly staffed by the over-70s. All this at a time when more people may have to use them because they are losing their jobs.

If that wasn’t bad enough, some foodbanks have been targeted by thieves, who have stolen their supplies.
argus

Post by argus »

RodneyRegis wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
I suppose given the stress the NHS is under, the gesture is probably just seen as a nice thing. I'm sure Doctors and Nurses mental health will be supported by the bonus bits of charity and freebies as societies appreciation.
Yeah, doesn't hurt. I'm sure plenty of companies are helping charities as well.
Thought it was more that the workers could not get food as the hoarders bought it all while the health workers were working
argus

Post by argus »

Varsity Way wrote:
The stuff I have heard from London is harrowing, not enough vents, PPE a nightmare and staff dropping like flies. This is as bad as expected.
Shit. Thanks for all you are doing. I have heard from contacts at RCH Treliske that they are already at capacity...and staff dropping
That’s not good
:(
Womack

Post by Womack »

RodneyRegis wrote:Is anyone here demanding full pay from their employer for no work?
Well, only about 12 months of the year
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Man In Black wrote:
argus wrote:
Varsity Way wrote:
That’s not good
A couple of my colleagues have partners who are in the medical field and they aren't reporting it to be too bad yet. Perhaps they've got lucky with the hospitals they are at. Another colleague's husband is confirmed to have had it, but thankfully he is on the mend.
At Cambridge they’re expecting London to fück it up for everybody else which seems fair.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Womack wrote:
RodneyRegis wrote:Is anyone here demanding full pay from their employer for no work?
Well, only about 12 months of the year

:thumbup:
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

6.Jones wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:I wonder how it cleans the room of viral particles. That would make it cleaner than Intel's cleanrooms, wouldn't it?
Not even close. I used to work in their Class 1 cleanroom, & a virus would be considerably larger than any particles that can go thru a HEPA filter.
The ambient outdoor air in a typical urban area contains 35,000,000 particles for each cubic meter in the size range 0.5 μm and bigger in measurement, equivalent to an ISO 9 cleanroom, while by comparison an ISO 1 cleanroom permits no particles in that size range and just 12 particles for each cubic meter of 0.3 μm and smaller
Are you sure? Coronavirus is ~50–200 nanometers. HEPA filters operate in the range of ~.3 micrometers [or 300 nanometers].
I stand corrected.

I was remembering a figure I'd heard for Ebola. & this little bugger is much smaller :((

I suppose that makes it that much more challenging to filter out them out. Presumably, the saving grace is that the virus is attached to water droplets; so they are big enough to filter.
C69

Post by C69 »

DragsterDriver wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
argus wrote:
Varsity Way wrote:
That’s not good
A couple of my colleagues have partners who are in the medical field and they aren't reporting it to be too bad yet. Perhaps they've got lucky with the hospitals they are at. Another colleague's husband is confirmed to have had it, but thankfully he is on the mend.
At Cambridge they’re expecting London to fück it up for everybody else which seems fair.
London should have been locked down, theTube closed and trains and transport limited 2 weeks ago.
Cthulu's Trilby

Post by Cthulu's Trilby »

Man In Black wrote:
argus wrote:
Varsity Way wrote:
That’s not good
No intention of starting posting here again but I have to pitch in against the scaremongering. I work in one of the biggest London trusts and it's not like that at all. It may yet get there, but it isn't now.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

C69, have you heard anything about issues with oxygen production? A medic mate of mine told me that its a big problem in Italy, with hospital requirements massively exceeding Italy's production capacity.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Lenny wrote:C69, have you heard anything about issues with oxygen production? A medic mate of mine told me that its a big problem in Italy, with hospital requirements massively exceeding Italy's production capacity.
Only issue I know of atm is distribution. The RLC have been training drivers to deal with this for a couple of weeks.
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

Lenny wrote:C69, have you heard anything about issues with oxygen production? A medic mate of mine told me that its a big problem in Italy, with hospital requirements massively exceeding Italy's production capacity.
Fester better be cranking out the bottles here!
Cthulu's Trilby

Post by Cthulu's Trilby »

Man In Black wrote:That's exactly what I was hearing. They have said it feels like the calm before the storm, but so far things are very much under control.
Precisely that. We're not close to capacity yet. We will be, I'm sure, before it's over. But the sky isn't falling in yet.
DeDoc

Post by DeDoc »

c69 wrote: London should have been locked down, theTube closed and trains and transport limited 2 weeks ago.
Is that realistic - wouldn't a lot of essential workers be screwed then?
Did I imagine it, or was capacity actually reduced with fewer carriages?
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Cthulu's Trilby wrote:
Man In Black wrote:That's exactly what I was hearing. They have said it feels like the calm before the storm, but so far things are very much under control.
Precisely that. We're not close to capacity yet. We will be, I'm sure, before it's over. But the sky isn't falling in yet.
The friend I mentioned above is a Consultant Radiologist in the local regional hospital, and he said they're on a Christmas roster, effectively working half days, because only essential staff are required in the hospital for training and preparation, and all non virus activity has all but stopped. He said its a completely surreal experience, having so much time on his hands, yet knowing whats coming down the tracks.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Cthulu's Trilby wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
argus wrote:
Varsity Way wrote:
That’s not good
No intention of starting posting here again but I have to pitch in against the scaremongering. I work in one of the biggest London trusts and it's not like that at all. It may yet get there, but it isn't now.
Bloody hell, hello again.

Yup. The larger trusts are still okay, but my sister and a couple of others are describing a feeling of trepidation. Some of the smaller trusts are getting overwhelmed
C69

Post by C69 »

Production no but I know a lot about the ability to deliver oxygen on hospital templates.
Which is more scary depending upon how many devices that can deliver high flow are used.
I hvae a knowledge off all the vents used in itu theatre etc but have a specific expertise in a certain vent that only afewof us knowhow to use, given that if they have to use these it will be the last chance saloon and I willbe calledin to advise.

I want to be doing shit I am good at at the coal face all the time but realise if I and a few other get sick the operational ability to deliver is massively depleted.
I am looking at rotas to ensure that my small sub team has a daily presence.
I went into work 2 hours early today and left 2 hours late. Oh and no I won't get paid any over time. I never have.
I have a crazy management clinical job atm in 2 related spheres, from what I know atm the govt is putting its money where its mouth is.
Just not good at PPE which we are shit scared ofat the coalface
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Does anyone know why PPE is a central government competency rather than an NHS one?
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

DeDoc wrote:
c69 wrote: London should have been locked down, theTube closed and trains and transport limited 2 weeks ago.
Yes because of limited staff because of zero testing and the rules on self isolation.

This not testing key workers is going to be a major part of the problem
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

bimboman wrote:Does anyone know why PPE is a central government competency rather than an NHS one?
Budget I'd imagine.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

bimboman wrote:Does anyone know why PPE is a central government competency rather than an NHS one?
Is it?
C69

Post by C69 »

Off ignore, but seriously fudge of with this shit on this thread
You are poisonous
Last edited by C69 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

happyhooker wrote:
Is it?

Dunno, lots of folk moaning about the PPE situation, I’d be interested in who fault that actually would be. It’d help mitigate the issue next time round if nothing else.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

happyhooker wrote:
Is it?
Nope.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

bimboman wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Is it?

Dunno, lots of folk moaning about the PPE situation, I’d be interested in who fault that actually would be. It’d help mitigate the issue next time round if nothing else.
You stated that it is a central government competency and then say dunno when questioned?

Ffs, stop it with the shit made up facts phrased as questions and then shifting the goalposts. Especially on this thread
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

c69 wrote:
Production no but I know a lot about the ability to deliver oxygen on hospital templates.
Which is more scary depending upon how many devices that can deliver high flow are used.
I hvae a knowledge off all the vents used in itu theatre etc but have a specific expertise in a certain vent that only afewof us knowhow to use, given that if they have to use these it will be the last chance saloon and I willbe calledin to advise.

I want to be doing shit I am good at at the coal face all the time but realise if I and a few other get sick the operational ability to deliver is massively depleted.
I am looking at rotas to ensure that my small sub team has a daily presence.
I went into work 2 hours early today and left 2 hours late. Oh and no I won't get paid any over time. I never have.
I have a crazy management clinical job atm in 2 related spheres, from what I know atm the govt is putting its money where its mouth is.
Just not good at PPE which we are shit scared ofat the coalface
Fcuk, your stress level must be through the roof. My mate said that he and the other radiologists will be kept out of the frontline because their knowledge, like yours, will be vital, and he's looking on as his colleagues and friends are being lined up like sacrificial lambs. The toll when this is over is going to be horrendous. Take car C69 and try to stay safe.
C69

Post by C69 »

bimboman wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Is it?

Moaning?

FFS you idiot it really is a matter of life or dead.
Let metellyou wearing PPE is a major problem. Try wearing it for 8 hours in a COVID area twat.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

happyhooker wrote:
DeDoc wrote:
Yes because of limited staff because of zero testing and the rules on self isolation.

Isn't it WHO advice that you change to testing key personnel only when the pressure really comes on ?
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

OptimisticJock wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Is it?
Nope.
I know that but the spoofer doesn't.

It's why my sister's trust has a very large stock of ppe, because a purchasing manager got paranoid about the result of a hard brexit.

Thank god for my sister and her colleagues

(It's still not adequate btw)
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

happyhooker wrote:
bimboman wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Is it?

You stated that it is a central government competency and then say dunno when questioned?

Ffs, stop it with the shit made up facts phrased as questions and then shifting the goalposts. Especially on this thread

Sorry, you’re right this thread has been a paragon of accuracy and level headed posting up till now. So who’s competency is it on PPE there’s lots of general blame being touted about but no real answer to who actually screwed up.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

camroc1 wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
DeDoc wrote:

Isn't it WHO advice that you change to testing key personnel only when the pressure really comes on ?
I haven't a clue. If you know, say it rather than phrasing it like that. Or look it up.
Double

Post by Double »

I reckon in 3 weeks time we're going to start getting the antibody tests back in the UK and realise that everyone here got coronavirus back in late December/early January, that the disease is 10 times more virulent and 10 times less deadly than we expected, and that this lockdown was a giant waste of everyone's time.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

happyhooker wrote:
DeDoc wrote:

My mates 3 year old had a cold 2 weeks ago, eventually managed to square away a test for him and my mate on friday. Waited all weekend for a phone call, was meant to be nights at the weekend and finally got the all clear yesterday. He would have been free through the 14 day period on thursday for his shift on Friday anyway. Massive issue coming moving forward particularly without sufficient PPE and/or the right questions being asked by control
Last edited by OptimisticJock on Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

bimboman wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
bimboman wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Is it?

Sorry, you’re right this thread has been a paragon of accuracy and level headed posting up till now. So who’s competency is it on PPE there’s lots of general blame being touted about but no real answer to who actually screwed up.
Just don't make up "facts"

I've actually been fairly impressed with your posting over the last few days on this topic. Don't revert to type.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Double wrote:I reckon in 3 weeks time we're going to start getting the antibody tests back in the UK and realise that everyone here got coronavirus back in late December/early January, that the disease is 10 times more virulent and 10 times less deadly than we expected, and that this lockdown was a giant waste of everyone's time.
I bloody hope so but I very much doubt it.