Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

All things Rugby
Openside

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by Openside »

I was quite surprised at the opinions of my 76 yr old MiL and her 82 Yr Old 'Partner' they think it is madness to tank the economy to save a few thousand over 70's. They referred to it as a cull and they had had their lives and it wasn't fair to put the burden of paying for this on the younger generation.

In World War 2 the losses were borne by the younger generation, it seems that they are still willing 'to go over the top' for the youth of tomorrow. Makes one proud to be British!! :lol: :lol:
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

I'm sure there's no issue with this either.
Openside

Post by Openside »

message #2527204 wrote:
clementinfrance wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
clementinfrance wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
It's an incurable disease and people die from it, I'm in the vulnerable category, but it's not leprosy or certain death. Most of us will have it before a vaccine comes along.
Meanwhile just "stick to the government guidelines and have some fun"... :roll:

Yeah... why not you miserable bastard?
Coz it's obviously costing the lives of some your fellow Brits you plum.
A respectfully distanced conga in Cheshire? :lol: :lol: They're following the rules and having some fun, you miserable fecker,

You know the government estimate for compliance is 82%
Leaving aside its utter naffness, publicising it wasn't a good idea for two reasons 1) it encourages people to congregate which ultimately social distancing is aiming to avoid. 2) People are such sheep we are going to be subjected to a bigger and better one ad nauseam!!
Openside

Post by Openside »

Nolanator wrote:Image

What should be done is clearly labelled in the top left corner 8)
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

You're going to have to run that by me again.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Openside wrote:

I'd like to see a birds eye view of that photo. Looks like households stood together, with metres between each unit.
vh5150

Post by vh5150 »

The world press need to ask one question, repeatedly, until answered with confidence and fact by virologists. “How did the polybasic furin cleavage site PRRA get into Covid-19”

US and China virologists are ducking for cover.....toes to US investment in the Wuhan lab means there are a lot of dirty hands involved here, including Fauci.

As evidence grows of a manipulated insert in Covid - 19 the real conspiracy theory growing, according to Dr Chris Martensen (Peak Prosperity - an excellent YouTube channel) is
that “some Bat somehow go near some Pangolin, somehow their viruses got mixed up with each other, they somehow managed to swap the best bits with each other - including a polybasic furin cleavage site (which a Pangolin doesn’t even have), and mixed all this up at a time when Bats were hibernating in a natural fashion .. and it all erupted out of Wuhan”
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

Nobody thinking of the R number. Just a lovely day and let’s celebrate together. Definitely not keeping the 2 metre distance apart.
Last edited by YOYO on Sat May 09, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellraiser

Post by Hellraiser »

vh5150 wrote:The world press need to ask one question, repeatedly, until answered with confidence and fact by virologists. “How did the polybasic furin cleavage site PRRA get into Covid-19”

US and China virologists are ducking for cover.....toes to US investment in the Wuhan lab means there are a lot of dirty hands involved here, including Fauci.

As evidence grows of a manipulated insert in Covid - 19 the real conspiracy theory growing, according to Dr Chris Martensen (Peak Prosperity - an excellent YouTube channel) is
that “some Bat somehow go near some Pangolin, somehow their viruses got mixed up with each other, they somehow managed to swap the best bits with each other - including a polybasic furin cleavage site (which a Pangolin doesn’t even have), and mixed all this up at a time when Bats were hibernating in a natural fashion .. and it all erupted out of Wuhan”

Oh dear.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

Openside wrote:I was quite surprised at the opinions of my 76 yr old MiL and her 82 Yr Old 'Partner' they think it is madness to tank the economy to save a few thousand over 70's. They referred to it as a cull and they had had their lives and it wasn't fair to put the burden of paying for this on the younger generation.

In World War 2 the losses were borne by the younger generation, it seems that they are still willing 'to go over the top' for the youth of tomorrow. Makes one proud to be British!! :lol: :lol:
One of the latest victims of Covid in the UK is a 6-week old infant.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Raggs wrote:
Openside wrote:

I'd like to see a birds eye view of that photo. Looks like households stood together, with metres between each unit.
Me f**king hole
henry

Post by henry »

vh5150 wrote:The world press need to ask one question, repeatedly, until answered with confidence and fact by virologists. “How did the polybasic furin cleavage site PRRA get into Covid-19”

Tell me more.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

11, 39, 34, 46, 32, 16, 21, 36, 14, 28, 2, 48, 5, 17, 8, 4, 37, 22, 18, 26, 12, 40, 49, 29, 43, 10, 25, 20, 41, 13, 3, 15, 1, 31, 50, 38, 35, 42, 23, 44, 24, 7, 27, 30, 33, 47, 9, 45, 19, 6
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

Sorry if Red Rebel
Coronavirus found in semen of young men with COVID-19

The testes, along with the eyes, placenta, foetus and central nervous system, are considered to be “immunoprivileged sites”, which means they are protected from severe inflammation associated with an immune response. This is probably an evolutionary adaptation that protects vital structures. So these are niches where viruses may be protected from the host immune response.
It's almost like we were designed to succumb. Erm... maybe not best word choice there.

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus ... -19-138059
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

fishfoodie wrote:
Openside wrote:I was quite surprised at the opinions of my 76 yr old MiL and her 82 Yr Old 'Partner' they think it is madness to tank the economy to save a few thousand over 70's. They referred to it as a cull and they had had their lives and it wasn't fair to put the burden of paying for this on the younger generation.

If you were a sensible thinking person, you might think that the older generation are already responsible for tanking the UK economy via Brexit. That would probably be the view of many of generation Z.
vh5150

Post by vh5150 »

henry wrote:

Tell me more.
In a nutshell Covid -19 does not actually show evidence of being a naturally occurring mutation. There is a whole sequence inserted into the virus that other researched Coronaviruses don’t have. ie Covid -19 may well be the result “Gain of function” research. This kind of research - used to investigate pathogenicity is risky ... esp if the virus were to escape in a lab accident.

Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should do it.
henry

Post by henry »

vh5150 wrote:
henry wrote:

Tell me more.
In a nutshell Covid -19 does not actually show evidence of being a naturally occurring mutation. There is a whole sequence inserted into the virus that other researched Coronaviruses don’t have. ie Covid -19 may well be the result “Gain of function” research. This kind of research - used to investigate pathogenicity is risky ... esp if the virus were to escape in a lab accident.

Keep going.
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

bimboman wrote:
And Social distancing includes no large or small social gatherings,as per the government guidance.

If everyone is socially distanced then it’s not a gathering. As you’ve now been informed socially distanced street parties were encouraged. Hope this helps you realise the conga was a good thing.
You know that social distancing isn't just being 2 metres apart, yeah? There's a lot more to the guidelines than that.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

Openside wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Varsity Way wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Varsity Way wrote:From the Daily Telegraph UK:

Schools have been shut since March 20. In an unprecedented move, GCSE and A-level exams will not take place; instead, GCSEs, AS and A-levels will be awarded in July based on mock data, individual assessment and prior attainment. Many have questioned the accuracy of these, particularly for black and minority ethnic, working-class and other marginalised students. Students may also be allowed to sit exams early in the next academic year or in summer 2021.

Just...why? How lefty has this country become. Unbelievable.

I’m not a lefty as you know, however the culture of low expectations among schools for poorer children is a real thing.
It's got sweet FA to do with that. The "accuracy" of the results affect all students not any particular section of society.

Well not if poorer children have poorer expectations.... that’s all it’s pointing out.
Mark my words the current trend of tougher results will be reversed this year it will be a bumper year.

Kids will get their best case scenario grade.
I’ll mark your words and put them down as the blistering of a know nothing bumbling old twat.

Outcomes will be in line with 2019, already announced, in consultation and forming a central plank of every schools centre assessed grades unless they want the exam boards to reduce them based on the ranking the school has to provide for every grade in each qualification.

So yes, we’ll mark your words.
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

The broad push of the guidelines is don't be a dick. This is why bimbo has trouble understanding them.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Biffer29 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
And Social distancing includes no large or small social gatherings,as per the government guidance.

If everyone is socially distanced then it’s not a gathering. As you’ve now been informed socially distanced street parties were encouraged. Hope this helps you realise the conga was a good thing.
You know that social distancing isn't just being 2 metres apart, yeah? There's a lot more to the guidelines than that.

Go on ?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Biffer29 wrote:The broad push of the guidelines is don't be a dick. This is why bimbo has trouble understanding them.

The broad push of the guidelines is stay a decent distance from other people, wash your hands and limit interactions.....

I have trouble taking an understanding from you though that’s true.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

DragsterDriver wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:BBC News - UK 'to bring in 14-day quarantine for air passengers'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52594023

About f**king time
How is the voluntary Irish version working? All passengers signing up?
If that's a serious question, research has shown that about 60% are, and 30% aren't. And the Irish government is going to legislate to ensure that 30% comply or fúck off.

But that doesn't change the fact that Ireland and the UK operate a common travel area that the UK are allowing anybody enter with no requirement to self quarantine. So yes we are entitled to say you're acting the shit in this.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

henry wrote:
vh5150 wrote:
henry wrote:

Tell me more.

Keep going.
Give him time, David Icke can be quite verbose.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

YOYO wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:

If you were a sensible thinking person, you might think that the older generation are already responsible for tanking the UK economy via Brexit. That would probably be the view of many of generation Z.
Swarm's Law had been invoked...it's all the fault of Brexit.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

Well it’s a point to consider if you’re not a brexiter. I know it’s a bit of a moot point. But fair play to older people who would be willing to sacrifice their lives via a herd immunity.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

camroc1 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:BBC News - UK 'to bring in 14-day quarantine for air passengers'

About f**king time
If that's a serious question, research has shown that about 60% are, and 30% aren't. And the Irish government is going to legislate to ensure that 30% comply or fúck off.

But that doesn't change the fact that Ireland and the UK operate a common travel area that the UK are allowing anybody enter with no requirement to self quarantine. So yes we are entitled to say you're acting the shit in this.
No point us having a proper quarantine for visitors if they’re going to use your lax system to enter the UK regardless.
henry

Post by henry »

YOYO wrote:Well it’s a point to consider if you’re not a brexiter. I know it’s a bit of a moot point. But fair play to older people who would be willing to sacrifice their lives via a herd immunity.
We should consider immunity for the rest of the swarm if they sacrificed you, you weird cnut.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

DragsterDriver wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

About f**king time

No point us having a proper quarantine for visitors if they’re going to use your lax system to enter the UK regardless.
How will you enforce it? Lock them in camps? Hotels?
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

henry wrote:
YOYO wrote:Well it’s a point to consider if you’re not a brexiter. I know it’s a bit of a moot point. But fair play to older people who would be willing to sacrifice their lives via a herd immunity.
We should consider immunity for the rest of the swarm if they sacrificed you, you weird cnut.
They’re not even embarrassed by him, apart from Lenny. He’s basically a pasty ginger version of muttonbird.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

henry wrote:
In the real world you are definitely the weirdo and me the normal amicable chap.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

DragsterDriver wrote:
henry wrote:
They’re not even embarrassed by him, apart from Lenny. He’s basically a pasty ginger version of muttonbird.
The thing is I don’t purposely troll like those idiots. I pass comment and a lot of you get upset and attack me. Look at bimbo. Are you embarrassed by him? I’m way off bimbo levels.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

DragsterDriver wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

About f**king time

So not a serious question then.
The UK has no quarantine system, you trolling gobshite.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
henry wrote:
The thing is I don’t purposely troll like those idiots. I pass comment and a lot of you get upset and attack me. Look at bimbo. Are you embarrassed by him? I’m way off bimbo levels.

You joined the VE thread with one purpose yesterday, to troll the UK and the war effort. “Better than Bimbo” just means yours is another front room where I’m with my feet up wearing your slippers.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

camroc1 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

About f**king time

And he then pointed out one reason why they’d be no point.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

YOYO wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
henry wrote:
The poster does protest too much
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

camroc1 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

About f**king time

And you have a half arsed effort that’s not worth the bragging rights gobshite.

Unless passengers are put in commandeered holiday camps it’s all a bollox waste of effort from the minute they cough on the taxi driver.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

6.Jones wrote:Sorry if Red Rebel
Coronavirus found in semen of young men with COVID-19

The testes, along with the eyes, placenta, foetus and central nervous system, are considered to be “immunoprivileged sites”, which means they are protected from severe inflammation associated with an immune response. This is probably an evolutionary adaptation that protects vital structures. So these are niches where viruses may be protected from the host immune response.
It's almost like we were designed to succumb. Erm... maybe not best word choice there.

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus ... -19-138059
So that's why they are so confident we have to wait a year for the vaccine. The first nine months are spent waiting for a baby to survive with protection built in to it's DNA.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

YOYO wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
henry wrote:
You don't purposefully troll? Jesus, that's even worse.

Dragster, fudge off, many of us have asked YOYO to stop trolling on many threads. There's only so many times we can do it so most of us just completely ignore him now.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

bimbo others may lambast you but I don’t, as you may have noticed. It’s a kind of freedom of speech on here and you are welcome to post as much crap (as you do) in my book if you like.
Funny comment by the way. :lol: :lol: