Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

All things Rugby
bimboman

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote:Jacob Rees Mogg did his bit to help spread the coronavirus.
UK MP Alok Sharma clearly suffering badly in parliament yesterday.

https://twitter.com/bethrigby/status/12 ... 43619?s=21

So is UK parliament back to full physical presence now?

Socially distanced unlike the 1,000’s outside this evening causing chaos.
dpedin

Post by dpedin »

bimboman wrote:

I thought the same when I was watching him make his speech after the wee poisoned dwarf Patel had been on. He looked really ill and kept wiping his face with his handkerchief and looked rather hot and flustered. I was amazed he didnt just declare himself suffering symptoms and immediately self isolate. Joking aside I hope he is ok, he ticks a few of the at higher risk boxes.

It will however make JRM look like the feckin arse he is if Sharma has the virus. Feck knows how many MPs might now be infected and will have to self isolate. At least it will give the track and trace folk something to do.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

dpedin wrote:
bimboman wrote:

I thought the same when I was watching him make his speech after the wee poisoned dwarf Patel had been on. He looked really ill and kept wiping his face with his handkerchief and looked rather hot and flustered. I was amazed he didnt just declare himself suffering symptoms and immediately self isolate. Joking aside I hope he is ok, he ticks a few of the at higher risk boxes.

It will however make JRM look like the feckin arse he is if Sharma has the virus. Feck knows how many MPs might now be infected and will have to self isolate. At least it will give the track and trace folk something to do.

Yeah, yeah , there’s,literally 1,000’s crammed in outside protesting about something that happened 4,000 miles away.

Our politicians queuing isn’t really a concern.
mr flaps

Post by mr flaps »

The boarding school I work for has decided to not reopen until January. 😡
dpedin

Post by dpedin »

bimboman wrote:
dpedin wrote:Perhaps I can help?

The UK has one if not the worst record in Europe. However within the UK England has the most excess deaths by a margin, Scotland are next and Wales and NI lower still. The following article will help:

https://www.ft.com/content/6b4c784e-c25 ... 8ffde71bf0

If you look at the Euromomo site the issue that really stands out is the number of excess deaths in the 45-64 age category in England - a real outlier and needs more explanation.

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps

The data is fairly clear now - we are the sick of Europe. The row about borders quarantine is a smoke screen, the Gov know that if they allowed travel the UK would be banned from travelling to most European countries because of our infection and death rates being too high. Putting quarantine in place just saves them the embarrassment of having to admit to this. They will lift quarantine once Macron decides we can travel to France.

Policies in all 4 nations were almost identical, so that’s not a government issue.
Amazing - Bimbo is now a fully qualified public health consultant and without any more evidence than on offer he is able to come to a clear and concise conclusion. Just feckin wonderful to see an expert in action. Even though the variation by UK country is significant he is able to rule out a number of factors straight away without even moving from his own armchair.

Its people like him that made this country great. We used to have an empire you know!

PS I didn't claim it was a Government issue, just pointing out the facts. However the variation is significant and needs further explanation, not just for the differences across the 4 UK countries but between the UK as a whole and most of Europe.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

You not concerned bimbo especially knowing one of the MP’s has the coronavirus and probably emitted the disease to those around him in those cramped spaces in the elevator area?

And for this one, we have to reinvent the word “knowing”.

I’m more concerned that our law makers cannot work out something so simple.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Amazing - Bimbo is now a fully qualified public health consultant and without any more evidence than on offer he is able to come to a clear and concise conclusion. Just feckin wonderful to see an expert in action. Even though the variation by UK country is significant he is able to rule out a number of factors straight away without even moving from his own armchair.

I’ve posted nothing to provoke this idiocy. I have just pointed out that the 4 nations have been almost lockstep policy wise. Looks like that pisses all over your proclamations regarding the performance of the government’s and particularly some of the nonsense you’ve posted regarding the NHS organisation.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote:
bimboman wrote:
You not concerned bimbo especially knowing one of the MP’s has the coronavirus and probably emitted the disease to those around him in those cramped spaces in the elevator area?

You happy with this?

What? Knowing the result of a test before anyone else ?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

mr flaps wrote:The boarding school I work for has decided to not reopen until January. 😡

I’m assuming they’re returning the fees ?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote:
bimboman wrote:
YOYO wrote:
bimboman wrote:

You happy with this?

What? Knowing the result of a test before anyone else ?
Ammm no. The non social distancing in the elevator area as MP’s queued obviously.

Who do we “know” has the virus?
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

YOYO wrote:
bimboman wrote:

You are wrong. It looked terrible. Even Johnson was pictured next to a group chatting.
https://twitter.com/charlotte2153/statu ... 76482?s=21

Where are the face masks?
I think the consensus seems to be that face masks actually exacerbate the transmission of the virus and are a factor in helping it to spread by a process explained to me on here called "the seatbelt effect".

Personally, I'm inclined to believe that, while they don't protect the wearer, they help prevent the wearer from spreading it to other people.

But I suppose a lot of people in the UK would feel that any such regard for their fellow man would be "virtue signalling" and that spreading it to as many people as possible is the preferable option.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

YOYO wrote:Disregarding whether anyone had the coronavirus, are you satisfied that your MP’s had to queue like that, breaking social distancing while the deadly virus lurks around the place.

We’re meant to now disregard your “especially “ ?

Oh, and I’m damm pleased the bastards have a small taste of the inconvenience they’ve imposed on the whole population.
Last edited by bimboman on Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frillage

Post by frillage »

Frantically trying to work out his response to dispatches programme.
That and still plenty of episodes of Sharpe to watch, bastard!
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

YOYO wrote:
bimboman wrote:
YOYO wrote:Disregarding whether anyone had the coronavirus, are you satisfied that your MP’s had to queue like that, breaking social distancing while the deadly virus lurks around the place.

We’re meant to now disregard your “especially “ ?
Yes because adjectives tend to cause unnecessary confusion so I’m taking it out.
So, answer the question. Are you happy/satisfied with the non social distance queuing in the elevator area?
I don't think there's ever any need to ask Bimbo if he's happy.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Just read that there were more covid-19 deaths in the UK today, 359, than in the entire EU 27, 327.

Not good.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

There were also photos of one part of the long, long queue in to vote, on a long corridor, where the MPs were dutifully maintaining the 2m gap before them; but unfortunately the corridor was so narrow that MPs who had voted, had to walk past all the MPs waiting to vote, with probably less than a meters separation.

JRM rightly fucked this up !

Now if this single MP is ill, probably the entireity of the Parliament will have to self-isolate, MPs, staff, the whole kit & kaboodle.
frillage

Post by frillage »

fishfoodie wrote:There were also photos of one part of the long, long queue in to vote, on a long corridor, where the MPs were dutifully maintaining the 2m gap before them; but unfortunately the corridor was so narrow that MPs who had voted, had to walk past all the MPs waiting to vote, with probably less than a meters separation.

Now if this single MP is ill, probably the entireity of the Parliament will have to self-isolate, MPs, staff, the whole kit & kaboodle.
Think you need to do some research on what track and trace involves.
El Homerino

Post by El Homerino »

After watching the documentary on C4 tonight I can safely say the Government should be fu*cking strung up. Bunch of dangerous, reckless, inept twats.
mr flaps

Post by mr flaps »

bimboman wrote:
mr flaps wrote:The boarding school I work for has decided to not reopen until January. 😡

I’m assuming they’re returning the fees ?

Form Fees, but online learning will continue.
mr flaps

Post by mr flaps »

El Homerino wrote:After watching the documentary on C4 tonight I can safely say the Government should be fu*cking strung up. Bunch of dangerous, reckless, inept twats.

I’m sure it was a well balanced piece.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

frillage wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:There were also photos of one part of the long, long queue in to vote, on a long corridor, where the MPs were dutifully maintaining the 2m gap before them; but unfortunately the corridor was so narrow that MPs who had voted, had to walk past all the MPs waiting to vote, with probably less than a meters separation.

I wonder if they social distanced at the cabinet meeting he attended !!

Could be some embarrassing questions to be asked - even if it doesn't lead to more cases.

They really are not setting the example that they want the public to follow. The whole thing is a shambolic laughing stock.
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

mr flaps wrote:
El Homerino wrote:After watching the documentary on C4 tonight I can safely say the Government should be fu*cking strung up. Bunch of dangerous, reckless, inept twats.

I rather think it would require a heavy hand on the scale to show Johnson's Government as anything other than inept.
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

mr flaps wrote:

How exactly do you balance incompetence?
dargotronV.1

Post by dargotronV.1 »

ovalball wrote:
frillage wrote:

I wonder if they social distanced at the cabinet meeting he attended !!

Could be some embarrassing questions to be asked - even if it doesn't lead to more cases.

They really are not setting the example that they want the public to follow. The whole thing is a shambolic laughing stock.
I think the example they want to set is of people getting back to work? To hell with the science and social distancing.

Johnson recently saying he's taking direct control, my arse.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Which Governments?
frillage

Post by frillage »

bimboman wrote:

Which Governments?

12 hours since the programme at that’s the best defence you have?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

frillage wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Which Governments?

I’m not making any defence and I wouldn’t watch channel 4 propaganda,I’m just wondered if they included the devolved governments who made the same decisions as the English administration in their criticism.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Does anyone care if 650-odd MPs die and we have to start over?
frillage

Post by frillage »

bimboman wrote:
frillage wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Which Governments?

I’m not making any defence and I wouldn’t watch channel 4 propaganda,I’m just wondered if they included the devolved governments who made the same decisions as the English administration in their criticism.
You will just need to watch to know what the criticisms were and why. Other than that you really shouldn’t comment on what you dont have a clue about, though that never stops you.
dargotronV.1

Post by dargotronV.1 »

frillage wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Which Governments?
You didn't seriously expect anything more did you?

Wake up, shower, cereal, pot of coffee, go on to PR and deflect all criticism of Johnson. It's the libertarian way.
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

bimboman wrote:
frillage wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Which Governments?

I wouldn't make any defence, he says, while calling the programme propaganda.

Proper Goebbels thinking there.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

dargotronV.1 wrote:
frillage wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Which Governments?

Wake up, shower, cereal, pot of coffee, go on to PR and deflect all criticism of Johnson. It's the libertarian way.

I’m not deflecting anything. Policy was the same from the 4 governments, how was English policy uniquely bad?

You won’t and can’t wander because your prejudice doesn’t allow it.
dargotronV.1

Post by dargotronV.1 »

bimboman wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:
frillage wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Which Governments?

I’m not deflecting anything. Policy was the same from the 4 governments, how was English policy uniquely bad?

You bloody are you liar. You won't even watch the programme yet you criticise it. Ridiculous.

All you can say is 'we're all sh*t', and that's no endorsement the way this has been handled.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

You bloody are you liar. You won't even watch the programme yet you criticise it. Ridiculous.

All you can say is 'we're all sh*t', and that's no endorsement the way this has been handled.
Come on explain? What did Scotland and Wales do right that the evil Tories didn’t ?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

dargotronV.1 wrote: You bloody are you liar. You won't even watch the programme yet you criticise it. Ridiculous.

You cn't really expect Bimbo to watch a programme that presents a view different to the one he holds. This is Bimbo
dpedin

Post by dpedin »

bimboman wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:
frillage wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Which Governments?

Goldfish effect?

'How was English policy uniquely bad?' is a good question and one I posed for you in the previous page of this thread. For your help I have copied the post below.

There is a difference in excess deaths, in numbers and in the impact on specific age ranges, between the 4 UK countries, the data shows this crystal clear. It is complex and as we have discussed before, and as you know full well, only certain matters are devolved to each of Scotland, Wales and NI. So for example whilst health is a devolved issue none of the 3 countries could have unilaterally closed their airports to incoming flights even if they wanted to. There is now growing divergence between the UK countries as the release of the lock down beckons, such as for example in the Test, Trace and Isolate strategies.

Anyway here is the previous post you perhaps overlooked?

'Perhaps I can help?

The UK has one if not the worst record in Europe. However within the UK England has the most excess deaths by a margin, Scotland are next and Wales and NI lower still. The following article will help:

https://www.ft.com/content/6b4c784e-c25 ... 8ffde71bf0

If you look at the Euromomo site the issue that really stands out is the number of excess deaths in the 45-64 age category in England - a real outlier and needs more explanation.

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps

The data is fairly clear now - we are the sick of Europe. The row about borders quarantine is a smoke screen, the Gov know that if they allowed travel the UK would be banned from travelling to most European countries because of our infection and death rates being too high. Putting quarantine in place just saves them the embarrassment of having to admit to this. They will lift quarantine once Macron decides we can travel to France.'
frillage

Post by frillage »

bimboman wrote:

Come on explain? What did Scotland and Wales do right that the evil Tories didn’t ?
Watch the programme or don’t discuss it. They are the only 2 reasonable options for anyone with any common sense.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

You would really have to think England's problem with excess deaths runs deeper than just covid? General health of the nation?
dargotronV.1

Post by dargotronV.1 »

bimboman wrote:

We've been here before Bimbo, the stats as they are have been explained to you countless times, Scotland (can't speak for Wales) has f*cked up in a lot of ways, it does not have an enviable record.

Still though, another sweet deflection. Do let the bored know when you've caught up with the propaganda and we can discuss its merits or otherwise :thumbup:
Last edited by dargotronV.1 on Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
CM11

Post by CM11 »