Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

All things Rugby
Anonymous 1

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by Anonymous 1 »

CM11 wrote:You would really have to think England's problem with excess deaths runs deeper than just covid? General health of the nation?
Is his excess deaths compared to the norm in England for previous years. If so then the general health of the nation unless it got considerably worse in the last 12 months is already factored in isn't it.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Anonymous. wrote:
CM11 wrote:You would really have to think England's problem with excess deaths runs deeper than just covid? General health of the nation?
Is his excess deaths compared to the norm in England for previous years. If so then the general health of the nation unless it got considerably worse in the last 12 months is already factored in isn't it.
I'm getting at England being more susceptible to covid deaths so related to covid but not as simple as hanging all the blame on the government's reaction.

UK and Ireland have similar testing numbers, we have more cases per million, England have way more deaths per million. It's odd and surely only partly explained by the BAME link?
dpedin

Post by dpedin »

Anonymous. wrote:
You are correct - it compares excess deaths year to date with the previous 5 years average so it is factored in. However there may be factors that are different in the English population (can't think of any) which might make them more susceptible to covid19 and more likely to die as a consequence? Issues such as pop density etc might be put forward to explain the differences within the UK (although that is debatable) but doesn't explain the differences with European countries. It might be that Scotland, Wales and NI were later in the virus spread so the lock down came earlier for them so prevented community spread gaining traction as much as it did in London for example. Still can't explain the differences in the 45-64 age category though.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

CM11 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
I'm getting at England being more susceptible to covid deaths so related to covid but not as simple as hanging all the blame on the government's reaction.

UK and Ireland have similar testing numbers, we have more cases per million, England have way more deaths per million. It's odd and surely only partly explained by the BAME link?
Welsh, Scottish and Irish lives 'could be saved by following an English diet'

Many thousands of fatal illnesses could be avoided in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - if they would only adopt the diet of their English neighbours.

As many as 80 per cent of preventable deaths from the biggest killer diseases would be eliminated if the rest of the UK followed England's nutritional habits, according to new research

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... lives.html
dpedin

Post by dpedin »

CM11 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

The BAME differences are interesting and may be a factor but Im not sure this alone is sufficient to explain the difference in itself? Haven't done the numbers so could be wrong here.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

dargotronV.1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
You bloody are you liar. You won't even watch the programme yet you criticise it. Ridiculous.

All you can say is 'we're all sh*t', and that's no endorsement the way this has been handled.
Come on explain? What did Scotland and Wales do right that the evil Tories didn’t ?
We've been here before Bimbo, the stats as they are have been explained to you countless times, Scotland (can't speak for Wales) has f*cked up in a lot of ways, it does not have an enviable record.

Still though, another sweet deflection. Do let the bored know when you've caught up with the propaganda and we can discuss its merits or otherwise :thumbup:

It’s not deflection it’s a demonstration that the f uck ups weren’t political or “clown” behaviour. Four different leading parties in lockstep .
Glaston

Post by Glaston »

A former "C" reckons Covid 19 was manufactured.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Glaston wrote:A former "C" reckons Covid 19 was manufactured.
What's a former "C"?
frillage

Post by frillage »

bimboman wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
You bloody are you liar. You won't even watch the programme yet you criticise it. Ridiculous.

All you can say is 'we're all sh*t', and that's no endorsement the way this has been handled.
Come on explain? What did Scotland and Wales do right that the evil Tories didn’t ?
We've been here before Bimbo, the stats as they are have been explained to you countless times, Scotland (can't speak for Wales) has f*cked up in a lot of ways, it does not have an enviable record.

Still though, another sweet deflection. Do let the bored know when you've caught up with the propaganda and we can discuss its merits or otherwise :thumbup:

It’s not deflection it’s a demonstration that the f uck ups weren’t political or “clown” behaviour. Four different leading parties in lockstep .
Watch the show Bimbo, you don’t have a f**king clue what you are talking about.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

eldanielfire wrote:
What's a former "C"?
Couldn't give a shit
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

Sandstorm wrote:Does anyone care if 650-odd MPs die and we have to start over?
It'd be interesting to see if Bimbo's 80 seat majority was repeated.
tc27

Post by tc27 »

I think people are being premature in comparing deaths and thus making political judgements based on death rates:

For instance: https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status ... 9614358528
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

Not sure if it is just that, Europeans generally are getting fatter year on year yet have remarkably varied Covid outcomes.

Obesity as % of population and corresponding Covid deaths per 100,000

Malta - 28.9% 1.9
United Kingdom - 27.8% 59.2
Hungary - 26.4% 5.5
Lithuania - 26.3% 2.5
Czech Republic - 26.0% 3.0
Ireland - 25.3% 34.2
Bulgaria - 25.0% 2.1
Germany - 22.3% 10.3
dargotronV.1

Post by dargotronV.1 »

tc27 wrote:I think people are being premature in comparing deaths and thus making political judgements based on death rates:

Crikey.
piquant

Post by piquant »

Something which is being based on a report that as yet is neither published nor substantiated. For now it belongs in box of conspiracy theories, filed alongside the recent garbage Piers Corbyn submitted. If the report it's based on gets substantiated by credible groups it can be revisited
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

piquant wrote:

Something which is being based on a report that as yet is neither published nor substantiated. For now it belongs in box of conspiracy theories, filed alongside the recent garbage Piers Corbyn submitted. If the report it's based on gets substantiated by credible groups it can be revisited
Ah, the "Saddam definitely has WMD, ignore the fact that our source is a proven liar" guy.
dpedin

Post by dpedin »

dpedin wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

The BAME differences are interesting and may be a factor but Im not sure this alone is sufficient to explain the difference in itself? Haven't done the numbers so could be wrong here.
Roy Lilley doesn't think much of the PHE report on BAME and Coronavirus ...

'Public Health England were assigned the task... on tight deadlines.

By all accounts, they scraped-home. Delivering the final report on Sunday 31st May.

By Tuesday, when the report was published, it had become useless.

Read it. Frankly it is no more than a teenager could do, with a lap-top and Google.

It is a succession of graphs, numbers, unanswered question, flam-flam and gobbledygook.

In answer to the question why are more BAME colleagues dying of CV-19, the answer the report gives us... because they are BAME.

If this report were an item of foot-ware, it would be slippers. If it was an offensive weapon it would be a cotton-bud. If this was a serious academic study it would shame the professions from whence it came.

Except... it is none of those things. It is simply, incomplete. It's a eunuch report. A vital bit missing. Between the Sunday deadline and the Tuesday publication, it was censored, a chapter removed and the report rejigged.

Chunks of commentary and insight from ethnic groups and organisations, telling us back people are poorer: poor housing, poor-pay, poor access to services; still subject to discrimination; front-line exposure in vital services, vulnerability... were cut out.

All the reasons that are inflammatory of public policy, an embarrassment for politicians of all flavours, that shame us and make it difficult to look in the mirror... were dumped.

PHE knows this. My message to PHE is; publish the missing pages. You owe it to every BAME person living in this country. A country defined by the White Cliffs of Dover.

Publish it PHE, or be damned. And, if you won't, someone, send it to me and I will. If you made a contribution to the report and it was left out, send it to me and I'll publish it.

It's the least I can do.'
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Public health England are shit.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Rinkals wrote:

It’s not “my” majority you absolute melt.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Channel 4 isn’t an honest player. They’re a disgusting propagandist movement.
crapbackrow

Post by crapbackrow »

dpedin wrote:
dpedin wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

Roy Lilley doesn't think much of the PHE report on BAME and Coronavirus ...

'Public Health England were assigned the task... on tight deadlines.

By all accounts, they scraped-home. Delivering the final report on Sunday 31st May.

By Tuesday, when the report was published, it had become useless.

Read it. Frankly it is no more than a teenager could do, with a lap-top and Google.

It is a succession of graphs, numbers, unanswered question, flam-flam and gobbledygook.

In answer to the question why are more BAME colleagues dying of CV-19, the answer the report gives us... because they are BAME.

If this report were an item of foot-ware, it would be slippers. If it was an offensive weapon it would be a cotton-bud. If this was a serious academic study it would shame the professions from whence it came.

Except... it is none of those things. It is simply, incomplete. It's a eunuch report. A vital bit missing. Between the Sunday deadline and the Tuesday publication, it was censored, a chapter removed and the report rejigged.

Chunks of commentary and insight from ethnic groups and organisations, telling us back people are poorer: poor housing, poor-pay, poor access to services; still subject to discrimination; front-line exposure in vital services, vulnerability... were cut out.

All the reasons that are inflammatory of public policy, an embarrassment for politicians of all flavours, that shame us and make it difficult to look in the mirror... were dumped.

PHE knows this. My message to PHE is; publish the missing pages. You owe it to every BAME person living in this country. A country defined by the White Cliffs of Dover.

Publish it PHE, or be damned. And, if you won't, someone, send it to me and I will. If you made a contribution to the report and it was left out, send it to me and I'll publish it.

It's the least I can do.'
More manufactured controversy eagerly lapped up by the easily led

Perhaps PHE feel that their responsibilities do not include political agitation?
dpedin

Post by dpedin »

bimboman wrote:Public health England are shit.
I don't think he is suggesting that PHE 'edited' the report!
dpedin

Post by dpedin »

bimboman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I would suggest you follow the advice and watch the programme
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

dpedin wrote:

Who wrote the report ?
dpedin

Post by dpedin »

bimboman wrote:
dpedin wrote:

Who wrote the report ?
I don't think he is suggesting that PHE 'edited' the report.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

dpedin wrote:
bimboman wrote:

It won’t have one “honest “ fact in it. Because they’re scum. Nothings going to change that. It’s not a political crisis. It’s been made one by the likes of channel 4.

Oh, and while your here what difference in policy made England bad and Scotland good.
dpedin

Post by dpedin »

bimboman wrote:
dpedin wrote:
bimboman wrote:

It won’t have one “honest “ fact in it. Because they’re scum. Nothings going to change that. It’s not a political crisis. It’s been made one by the likes of channel 4.

Oh, and while your here what difference in policy made England bad and Scotland good.

I would suggest you watch the programme
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

dpedin wrote:
bimboman wrote:
dpedin wrote:
bimboman wrote:

I would suggest you watch the programme

Will it answer something’s you can’t ?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

A programme made by an activist.

I’m watching it now.
A former member of the editorial committee of New Left Review, Barnett has written for the New Statesman, The Guardian[1][2] and Prospect.[3]
Insane_Homer

Post by Insane_Homer »

bimboman wrote:Says Mr Meme , who’s wrong most of the time. And yesterday bought us “universalcreditsufferer.com” as a news source.
seems it was all bollox...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-52911605 :roll:
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

bimboman wrote:

He says again, after claiming he wouldn't make a defence. Standard totalitarian tactics old chap, well done.
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

bimboman wrote:A programme made by an activist.

I’m watching it now.
A former member of the editorial committee of New Left Review, Barnett has written for the New Statesman, The Guardian[1][2] and Prospect.[3]
An activist in the same way as for example, Nick Robinson of the BBC.
frillage

Post by frillage »

I’m watching it now.
f**king turncoat Comrade Bimbo!

Hang on to your hats lads, we are soon to be treated to an expert analysis.
PCPhil

Post by PCPhil »

Biffer29 wrote:

I’m watching it now.
An activist in the same way as for example, Nick Robinson of the BBC.
Nick Robinson is a well known stalinist commie. As are all the reporters on the BBC, ITV, Ch4, Ch5. ....er.... Teletubbies ....
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

tc27 wrote:I think people are being premature in comparing deaths and thus making political judgements based on death rates:

That's exactly what the EUROMOMO data is set up to counter. It's specifically designed to make excess death rates in European countries comparable. It was set up in order to monitor and compare death rates across Europe, to monitor seasonal flu outbreaks and other periodic events (e.g. deaths from heatwaves, and pandemics).
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Biffer29 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

He says again, after claiming he wouldn't make a defence. Standard totalitarian tactics old chap, well done.

Makes no sense.

I’m 12 minutes in. PHE had no testing it seems. Same issue around the Nike conference just with out the cover up.

And now Susan Michie.... :lol: a revolutionary communist speaks.

They’re lying about the 9th of March.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... d-19__.pdf

Gabriel scully ——-Irish activist. And a man scorned.

It’s like watching the same collection of good morning Britain’s different scientists give their opinion.

Again the minutes are clear on the consensus advice. Still not seeing the issue.

It’s all from the “independent sage” group.

And now the Labour activist Paul nurse. :lol:
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

bimboman wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

:lol:

As ever, you jump onto an irrelevance to win on the internet.

It *is* your 80 seat majority in the sense that you were the one repeatedly pushing it forward as a license to draft unpopular legislation.

However, I might just as easily been referring to the Prime Minister as a "Bimbo", something he has been called in the past.

In either case it is a D minus. Must try harder.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Rinkals wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

It *is* your 80 seat majority in the sense that you were the one repeatedly pushing it forward as a license to draft unpopular legislation.

However, I might just as easily been referring to the Prime Minister as a "Bimbo", something he has been called in the past.

Graded by a cretin.
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

bimboman wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Graded by a cretin.
Yes.

Does it sting?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

No, you’re a cretin it’s irrelevant.