Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

All things Rugby
message #2527204

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by message #2527204 »

Bokkom wrote:
So they lost wars to themselves? What is your point here? You seem very confused.
Just shut up and wear your mask, dipshit.
Fvck off. You can't oppress me.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

eldanielfire wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:An interesting study now showing only 13% of adults want to return to the Old Normal post COVID-19. In the meanwhile people have discovered that they have found family life, a more balanced life and flexible working. You know, something closer to what the Nordic countries have enjoyed in their economies in recent years. The study was taken by a nursery provider so probably leans towards families.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... old-normal

<Snip>
I've seen a few articles too about families with kids with special needs, noting how they're thriving in the new reality of families spending more time together, & being more involved in their children's education; & where the Education systems have been forced to enable this, & provide plans & materials.

It'd be nice if there were some winners in this.
Good stuff. I wonder if the UK shoudla dopt something like the Netherlands working week:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/in ... 20a%20week.

"With 29-hour work weeks, the Netherlands has the world's shortest week for business professionals, according to an OECD study. As illustrated in a BambooHR infographic, women in the Netherlands typically worked 25 hours a week, and men typically worked 34 hours a week."
Large parts of the FDI I work for have been on 80% hrs, for 80% pay for a number of weeks now. I wonder what the productivity numbers will look like at the end of the quarter ?

For some people it works better than others, as I think people who get dragged into way, way too many meetings, have wielded the axe, & cut a number of them, once the management empowered them to.

I'm a working stiff, & because I'm not in the company long; I haven't been pulled randomly into meetings; so for me the 20% has just cut into project time, & I'm not confident that completion targets will be reset.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Bokkom wrote:
I’m not special, everyone can see your nonsense for what it is.
There you go, speaking on behalf of "everyone", again.
You are indeed special.,

Tell us more about the wonderful CCP.
Saint

Post by Saint »

Bokkom wrote:
Saint wrote:
Bokkom wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
Bokkom wrote:This whole mask issue to me shows, again, the (non too subtle) inherent arrogance of the Anglo Saxons towards the rest of the world (in general) and the Far East (in particular).
They have learned very little since the Opium Wars and subsequent conquests.
A leopard definitely doesn't change its spots.
They keep winning? Not sure what your point is here...
Yes, yes...they kept winning the wars.
Up to a point. Then they lost it to the American Empire.
But the arrogant mentality is still there, bubbling under.
Whereas the "American Empire" has such a positive view on facemasks?

I would ascribe British/English (that's actually what you're trying to say) views on face mask down to a lack of education rather than arrogance
Aren't they (mostly) Anglo Saxon themselves?
You're the one that tried to differentiate the two inthe first pakce.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Bokkom wrote:
Saint wrote:
Bokkom wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
Bokkom wrote:This whole mask issue to me shows, again, the (non too subtle) inherent arrogance of the Anglo Saxons towards the rest of the world (in general) and the Far East (in particular).

I would ascribe British/English (that's actually what you're trying to say) views on face mask down to a lack of education rather than arrogance

Race seems important to you, why?
Bokkom

Post by Bokkom »

bimboman wrote:
Bokkom wrote:
You are indeed special.,

So the Opium Wars were waged against the CCP?
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Majestic whataboutery on display here :lol:

Situation normal, nothing to see here. Reasonable point made, Anglo’s are arrogant and generally ignorant when it comes to other cultures. Defense springs to action... feathers flying everywhere. Looks like a guilt response to me, point carried, case proven :thumbup:
A5D5E5

Post by A5D5E5 »

Bokkom wrote:
Saint wrote:
Bokkom wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:

I find it offensive and arrogant that you assume all English people are Anglo Saxons.

By the way, how is that old "racism" thing going in South Africa Mr Leopard?
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

I assume he meany ethnically english.
A5D5E5

Post by A5D5E5 »

Gavin Duffy wrote:I assume he meany ethnically english.
I don't even know what that means. I will defer to an expert on racial categorisation though. As we can assume all South Africans are given that generalisations appear to be the order of the day.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

guy smiley wrote:Majestic whataboutery on display here :lol:

Situation normal, nothing to see here. Reasonable point made, Anglo’s are arrogant and generally ignorant when it comes to other cultures. Defense springs to action... feathers flying everywhere. Looks like a guilt response to me, point carried, case proven :thumbup:

“They”

“Anglos”
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Bokkom wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Bokkom wrote:
You are indeed special.,

So the Opium Wars were waged against the CCP?

When I look for news about wearing masks it’s certainly the Opium wars I use as my touchstone....
shaggy

Post by shaggy »

fishfoodie wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:An interesting study now showing only 13% of adults want to return to the Old Normal post COVID-19. In the meanwhile people have discovered that they have found family life, a more balanced life and flexible working. You know, something closer to what the Nordic countries have enjoyed in their economies in recent years. The study was taken by a nursery provider so probably leans towards families.

<Snip>
I've seen a few articles too about families with kids with special needs, noting how they're thriving in the new reality of families spending more time together, & being more involved in their children's education; & where the Education systems have been forced to enable this, & provide plans & materials.

I am seeing exactly the opposite, but then that may depend on the type of support the child needs. If the needs are complex and ‘more severe’ and where therapy’s are required on a daily basis the lack of this critical requirement is putting emotional and physical development back years in some cases.
I like haggis

Post by I like haggis »

Nolanator wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
Nolanator wrote:Cheers, Gav. Interesting read.
Enough to make me buy some masks, but they are a pain in the ass if you wear glasses.
I actually got some masks a few days ago, and wore one in Sainsbury's earlier after reading that.
Feel like a bit of a twat when no-one else is, but I think I'll manage with the dip in street cred.
I'm a glasses wearer and the cloth masks really steam up but I've been doing some NHS volunteering and the surgical type masks they have don't steam at all so trying to source some of them.

I also feel like a twat wearing masks in supermarkets but I think to myself I'm the not twat here. Masks are a tiny tiny discomfort and inconvenient but what's the worst that happens? I look a bit stupid and am very minorly inconvenienced. And what's the best? A few droplets are caught and therefore if I carry covid it's less dangerous for others.

People not wearing masks are selfish. It's a tiny sacrifice for a potentially big gain. And even the selfishness is stupid less covid more freedom. More masks less covid.
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

bimboman wrote:
guy smiley wrote:Majestic whataboutery on display here :lol:

“They”

“Anglos”
“Kunt”
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

I like haggis wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
Enough to make me buy some masks, but they are a pain in the ass if you wear glasses.
I actually got some masks a few days ago, and wore one in Sainsbury's earlier after reading that.
Feel like a bit of a twat when no-one else is, but I think I'll manage with the dip in street cred.
I'm a glasses wearer and the cloth masks really steam up but I've been doing some NHS volunteering and the surgical type masks they have don't steam at all so trying to source some of them.

I also feel like a twat wearing masks in supermarkets but I think to myself I'm the not twat here. Masks are a tiny tiny discomfort and inconvenient but what's the worst that happens? I look a bit stupid and am very minorly inconvenienced. And what's the best? A few droplets are caught and therefore if I carry covid it's less dangerous for others.

People not wearing masks are selfish. It's a tiny sacrifice for a potentially big gain. And even the selfishness is stupid less covid more freedom. More masks less covid.
What is the measured effect of a mask on a person who has recovered from Covid.
For that person, and for others ?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Another positive news day in sunny QLD! Our Premier Anastacia Palaszczuk is a legend, and her leadership during this entire ordeal has been first class!

fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

shaggy wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:

<Snip>

I am seeing exactly the opposite, but then that may depend on the type of support the child needs. If the needs are complex and ‘more severe’ and where therapy’s are required on a daily basis the lack of this critical requirement is putting emotional and physical development back years in some cases.
Yeah; that is of course the issue; how severe is the requirement, & how willing & able is the parent to step into the gap. :((

In a way it's the same for every kid out of school. How engaged are their parent(s); & how able are they to fill the gap in providing for their child.
shaggy

Post by shaggy »

Parents may well be willing, not always the case though, however the word able is the key factor here. Occupational, speech or physio therapy is not something that can be successfully delegated to a non-trainer person. Anxiety is likely to be the biggest issue for many in the special needs sector, going back to school will be a major issue where their needs are often compounded by vulnerabilities that need isolating.
Insane_Homer

Post by Insane_Homer »

UK: 918 COVID deaths in the past week. :(
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Insane_Homer wrote:UK: 918 COVID deaths in the past week. :(
7 times lower than Mid-April figures / Bimbot’s Message
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

Nolanator wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
I find that astonishing.

Surely the minor inconvenience of wearing a mask is worth inhibiting the spread of the disease, given it's capacity to damage both the body and the economy?

Where are you? in the UK?
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Rinkals wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
I find that astonishing.

Surely the minor inconvenience of wearing a mask is worth inhibiting the spread of the disease, given it's capacity to damage both the body and the economy?

Yep, Southampton. People wearing masks in shops etc are very much the exception rather than the norm.
dpedin

Post by dpedin »

Sandstorm wrote:
.... and just to annoy Bimbo only 10 of these were in Scotland. About another 10 for Wales and NI?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

dpedin wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
.... and just to annoy Bimbo only 10 of these were in Scotland. About another 10 for Wales and NI?
Ni very low too. Have had several days if not all last week with no deaths.
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

bimboman wrote:
Bokkom wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:

All we need is a centralised economy and a vile approach to human rights ........
...and a sensible approach to wearing masks :thumbup:
dpedin

Post by dpedin »

Nolanator wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
I find that astonishing.

Yep, Southampton. People wearing masks in shops etc are very much the exception rather than the norm.
I also wear a mask when in shops or in busy public places and I'm amazed at how few others are wearing one. I think we have to move to making it compulsory when in shops etc as it is on public transport.
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

dpedin wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Yeah. I’m not actually clear what differences in policy there are in place that would have made so much of a difference. Or if it’s just people are still sticking to the message because the leaders in government aren’t considered to be lying twats.
dpedin

Post by dpedin »

Biffer29 wrote:
dpedin wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Yeah. I’m not actually clear what differences in policy there are in place that would have made so much of a difference. Or if it’s just people are still sticking to the message because the leaders in government aren’t considered to be lying twats.
Don't worry Bimbo will be along shortly to impart his wisdom and explain all to us uneducated heathens.
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

dpedin wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:
dpedin wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Don't worry Bimbo will be along shortly to impart his wisdom and explain all to us uneducated heathens.
Yeah, no doubt we’re either lying, not comparing like with like or too stupid to understand.
message #2527204

Biffer29 wrote:
dpedin wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but I'm sure I'm not the only one to think the scottish succubus is a lying twat.

She doesn't really have to worry about the economy either as she'll get her billions if she keeps the region shut for a decade. Let's see what a proper government can manage.
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

message #2527204 wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:
dpedin wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but I'm sure I'm not the only one to think the scottish succubus is a lying twat.

She doesn't really have to worry about the economy either as she'll get her billions if she keeps the region shut for a decade. Let's see what a proper government can manage.
Had to be one kunt or the other.

I know there are a lot of people think that about her, but she’s not been fired for lying multiple times, or found to be a liar in a written legal judgement. So really a matter of scale.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

dpedin wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Nolanator wrote: I actually got some masks a few days ago, and wore one in Sainsbury's earlier after reading that.
I find that astonishing.

I also wear a mask when in shops or in busy public places and I'm amazed at how few others are wearing one. I think we have to move to making it compulsory when in shops etc as it is on public transport.
What effect is the mask for a person who has already had the disease?
robmatic

Post by robmatic »

Leinster in London wrote:
dpedin wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Nolanator wrote: I actually got some masks a few days ago, and wore one in Sainsbury's earlier after reading that.
I find that astonishing.

Well, we know that statistically only a small minority of people have had the disease in the UK, so mandatory mask wearing would make a lot of sense regardless.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Leinster in London wrote:
dpedin wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
I find that astonishing.

Wider mask use leads to wider mask use.

Understand that it's hard for someone who's had it to see the point in wearing one. Actually spotted this in Contagion where Matt Damon wasn't wearing one and his daughter was and it looked odd even though there was no point in him wearing one. No one else knows that though.
message #2527204

Biffer29 wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:
dpedin wrote:

I know there are a lot of people think that about her, but she’s not been fired for lying multiple times, or found to be a liar in a written legal judgement. So really a matter of scale.
But what has she actually done with her life? Apart from shit on Salmond from a great height?
robmatic

Post by robmatic »

message #2527204 wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:
dpedin wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

Yeah, obviously she doesn't have to worry about the economy like the extremely economically rational Brexit brigade in Westminster.
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

message #2527204 wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:
dpedin wrote:

But what has she actually done with her life? Apart from shit on Salmond from a great height?
You’re doing your best to drag this away from the original point, about why the rate has reduced a lot more in scotland. As you obviously don’t think it’s a leadership thing, what do you think is the reason?
message #2527204

Biffer29 wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Biffer29 wrote: Yeah. I’m not actually clear what differences in policy there are in place that would have made so much of a difference. Or if it’s just people are still sticking to the message because the leaders in government aren’t considered to be lying twats.

You’re doing your best to drag this away from the original point, about why the rate has reduced a lot more in scotland. As you obviously don’t think it’s a leadership thing, what do you think is the reason?
Obviously population density. Or maybe curtain twitching lefties calling the police on their neighbours?

Any news on why she waited a week before implementing Hancock's policy of testing any admissions to care homes?
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

message #2527204 wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:Had to be one kunt or the other.

Obviously population density.
Any news on why she waited a week before implementing Hancock's policy of testing any admissions to care homes?
Population density is a red herring. More than half of Scotland’s population is in the central belt, Aberdeen and Dundee. And other population dense countries have done far better.

And your point demonstrates the problem - if that’s a fuckup, along with the other things they’re criticised for, then Scotland should be doing worse.