Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

All things Rugby
CM11

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by CM11 »

Hard to follow all this as I have bimbo on ignore but did I just read that he has proved himself correct in saying he couldn't leave his house by giving an example of him leaving his house?
OhNo

Post by OhNo »

CM11 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:41 pm Hard to follow all this as I have bimbo on ignore but did I just read that he has proved himself correct in saying he couldn't leave his house by giving an example of him leaving his house?
His objection is to not being able to leave the house without reasonable excuse which is the law at the moment. It’s a classic PR argument that goes on because both sides refuse to acknowledge the others point.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

OhNo wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:44 pm
CM11 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:41 pm Hard to follow all this as I have bimbo on ignore but did I just read that he has proved himself correct in saying he couldn't leave his house by giving an example of him leaving his house?
His objection is to not being able to leave the house without reasonable excuse which is the law at the moment. It’s a classic PR argument that goes on because both sides refuse to acknowledge the others point.
Tbf, the UK does seem a bit heavy handed but not for much longer.
Sputnik V

Post by Sputnik V »

Mankind is capable of living in the most shocking of conditions, they adapt and make the most of what they can. This is ok in times of war to survive but in societal terms, these are the weak-willed who constantly accept more and more curbs on them, it is obedient and subserviant, those who are blindly told this is the best, they are the best.

Mankind has never progressed to were it is by these people. They are girly men.

People need to be free, or society will crumble, and we get left behind.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

'girly men'? :roll:

Ffs.
OhNo

Post by OhNo »

CM11 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:47 pm
A vary between that opinion and then not, but as I’m sat at home not able to go out because I’m waiting for a test result I’m probably not the best person to give reasonable answer right now. I want cough medicine and have to wait for a friend to finish work and drop off as can’t leave the house right now, so raging about it all :lol:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

OhNo wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:52 pm
A vary between that opinion and then not, but as I’m sat at home not able to go out because I’m waiting for a test result I’m probably not the best person to give reasonable answer right now. I want cough medicine and have to wait for a friend to finish work and drop off as can’t leave the house right now, so raging about it all :lol:
That's shit, hope it all works out well for you.

We have similar advice to the UK but nowhere near the level of enforcement. There's no real limit on trips out of the house. The main thing they're enforcing is travelling too far from your house but even then it's easy enough to get around.
OhNo

Post by OhNo »

CM11 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:57 pm
OhNo wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:52 pm
That's shit, hope it all works out well for you.

We have similar advice to the UK but nowhere near the level of enforcement. There's no real limit on trips out of the house. The main thing they're enforcing is travelling too far from your house but even then it's easy enough to get around.

Thanks, I’ll be ok I reckon. No other classic symptoms.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Yeah it’s a PR argument, it’s purpose from my side though is to point out the restrictions are terrible, mandated by law (twisting the meaning of the 1984 health act) , and should not just be dismissed by in the olden days we couldn’t “leave town”, that’s about as facile an excuse or reasoning as imaginable, we used to put people in the stocks, imprison debtors, have the death sentence for some thefts. Jesus Christ if that’s your comparison to excuse the current state of the UK then .....
OhNo

Post by OhNo »

To go back to a previous point, Spring term half term last year was mid February if https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52993734 is right then, I reckon we needed travel restrictions to go in then. Thinking back to that time I don’t think that was politically possible as wouldn’t get enough public support.
JamesJames

Post by JamesJames »

We may not have much in the way of vaccinations but our pubs are open and doing a roaring trade. We seem to be nearing the trough of the second wave. Only 97 deaths yesterday and about 700 new cases. Very hard to nail down an exact reason for the dramatic drop off. Adherence to lockdown regs in South Africa is not great.

Third wave is looming though according to the boffins. Covid can go get f**ked now. So tired if this shit.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

The tens of thousands of posts he has made on here, have the government really needed to order Bimbo to stay in house?
Sputnik V

Post by Sputnik V »

JamesJames wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:15 pm We may not have much in the way of vaccinations but our pubs are open and doing a roaring trade. We seem to be nearing the trough of the second wave. Only 97 deaths yesterday and about 700 new cases. Very hard to nail down an exact reason for the dramatic drop off. Adherence to lockdown regs in South Africa is not great.

Third wave is looming though according to the boffins. Covid can go get f**ked now. So tired if this shit.
Numbers are in freefall all over the world. Media says it is to do with the success of Boris vaccine roll out in the UK so must be just the very fear of a Boris type vaccine roll out everywhere else. Covid is on the run and its running scared.

Boris is the man.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Sefton wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:19 pm The tens of thousands of posts he has made on here, have the government really needed to order Bimbo to stay in house?

We’re all instructed to stay at home. The law is quite clear now,
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

The Chinese must be exceptionally weak-willed
Geek

Post by Geek »

Leinsterman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:29 pm The Chinese must be exceptionally weak-willed
Either that or their leaders are true alpha males, of course. Welded their people's homes shut, it's the only way to be sure. Talk about authoritarian governments..
Geek

Post by Geek »

JamesJames wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:15 pm We may not have much in the way of vaccinations but our pubs are open and doing a roaring trade. We seem to be nearing the trough of the second wave. Only 97 deaths yesterday and about 700 new cases. Very hard to nail down an exact reason for the dramatic drop off. Adherence to lockdown regs in South Africa is not great.

I'd suggest a very young population for low death rate. As to low cases: if you don't test many people you won't pick up many cases. How many tests are being conducted every day in SA?
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:27 pm
Sefton wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:19 pm The tens of thousands of posts he has made on here, have the government really needed to order Bimbo to stay in house?

But Dominic Cummings drove hundreds of miles and didn't break the law, you were quite clear on that.
Sputnik V

Post by Sputnik V »

Leinsterman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:29 pm The Chinese must be exceptionally weak-willed
obedient, it's cultural, in all of east Asia. It's Confucianism and obedience, do some reading into it.

I don't question them and their culture. I have a different outlook.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Sefton wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:35 pm

But Dominic Cummings drove hundreds of miles and didn't break the law, you were quite clear on that.

The law is also quite clear in regard to child protection and care.
piquant

Post by piquant »

bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:21 pm

If you can't see stick them in the car and drive whilst blind to protect them
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

piquant wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:25 pm

I’m sorry you can’t read.....
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Geek wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:33 pm
Either that or their leaders are true alpha males, of course. Welded their people's homes shut, it's the only way to be sure. Talk about authoritarian governments..
Is Dozy a girly-man though who just accepts what his wife tells him?
piquant

Post by piquant »

bimboman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:31 pm
piquant wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:25 pm

I’m sorry you can’t read.....
Limit those ellipses you dolt
Sputnik V

Post by Sputnik V »

Leinsterman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:34 pm
whimp on the internet hides behind the keyboard and thinks he can bother other folk, you are so 2010.

You were a soy boy then and you are one now. A decade and you didn't grow any balls. ffs :lol:
Gospel

Post by Gospel »

eldanielfire wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:19 pm
Gospel wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:43 pm
eldanielfire wrote:The Virus was also recorded in Australia before the UK. Australia is nearer to Paupa New Guinea and Indonesia than the UK is from Italy where the virus spread from. The fact is had Boris locked down and stop entry to the country without a 10 day Hotel isolation period we would have had half the deaths.
As an aside what do you think Boris should have done with the ten thousand truckers arriving in the UK every day from the continent? Quarantine them?
Yup. Alternatively insist they don't leave their trucks and UK companies arrange to offload their produce themselves ands end the trucks back, which isn't fare from what happens now.

It's also an example once again of why the UK needs to be more self sustaining, hence why I've touted the Preston/Detroit model of town/city regeneration and community wealth building on here before. An issue with the west's entire economic systems is the complete dependence on and reliance and intellectual obsession with overseas trade being increased and big corporations being supported. Despite the obvious lack of actual trickle down and wealth spread and the decline of the middle classes and the rich getting richer.
Stop being ridiculous. The UK could not have quarantined 10,000 truckers every day - and neither could we have policed every delivery. It was not possible to hermetically seal the borders given our reliance on goods from the continent and their method of transit. Comparisons with Australasia are complete bunkum.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

Gospel wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:58 pm
eldanielfire wrote:The Virus was also recorded in Australia before the UK. Australia is nearer to Paupa New Guinea and Indonesia than the UK is from Italy where the virus spread from. The fact is had Boris locked down and stop entry to the country without a 10 day Hotel isolation period we would have had half the deaths.
As an aside what do you think Boris should have done with the ten thousand truckers arriving in the UK every day from the continent? Quarantine them?
Yup. Alternatively insist they don't leave their trucks and UK companies arrange to offload their produce themselves ands end the trucks back, which isn't fare from what happens now.

It's also an example once again of why the UK needs to be more self sustaining, hence why I've touted the Preston/Detroit model of town/city regeneration and community wealth building on here before. An issue with the west's entire economic systems is the complete dependence on and reliance and intellectual obsession with overseas trade being increased and big corporations being supported. Despite the obvious lack of actual trickle down and wealth spread and the decline of the middle classes and the rich getting richer.
Stop being ridiculous. The UK could not have quarantined 10,000 truckers every day - and neither could we have policed every delivery. It was not possible to hermetically seal the borders given our reliance on goods from the continent and their method of transit. Comparisons with Australasia are complete bunkum.
How is it being done now ?

"For more than 25 years, trade between the UK and the rest of the EU has been close to seamless. Up to 10,000 trucks roll on and off ferries either side of the crossing each day. Another 6,000 trucks cross the Channel Tunnel daily, as do trains, vans and cars."
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

ovalball wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:26 pm

How is it being done now ?

"For more than 25 years, trade between the UK and the rest of the EU has been close to seamless. Up to 10,000 trucks roll on and off ferries either side of the crossing each day. Another 6,000 trucks cross the Channel Tunnel daily, as do trains, vans and cars."

You think we’re quarantining arrivals from France ?
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Sputnik V wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:51 pm
whimp on the internet hides behind the keyboard and thinks he can bother other folk, you are so 2010.

You were a soy boy then and you are one now. A decade and you didn't grow any balls. ffs :lol:
Tough guy alert from the schizo poster with an imaginary family. :lol:
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

So you’re saying he should have been charged with reckless endangerment if minors for putting them in a car and driving whilst he wasn’t clear if his health or eyesight was sufficient to drive safely?
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Yep. Obviously it's clear, Bimbo is right for saying we aren't allowed to leave our homes, because he was allowed to leave only earlier today.

How could anyone think Bimboman was wrong with clear cut logic like that?
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

CM11 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:50 pm 'girly men'? :roll:

Ffs.
In Rugby we call them 'backs'.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

There are 730,258 hotel rooms in the UK. Given the massive drop in travel during COVID I'm sure 1 in 70 hotel rooms were free at the least. It is entirely possible to quarantine them if they need to stay. The alternative also is they don't leave their trucks at port if they can unpack there.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

ovalball wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:26 pm How is it being done now ?

It's not just possible, it is desirable it it reduces the lockdown period. Again Australia showed for the most part closing borders early means a shorter lockdown, less costs in overing 80% of employees wages and the greater loss to the economy as businesses are out of action for longer. Quarantining arrivals wholesale early on is not just easily doable with the political will, but desirable and costs less in the longer term in money and deaths.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

eldanielfire wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:03 pm

There are 730,258 hotel rooms in the UK. Given the massive drop in travel during COVID I'm sure 1 in 70 hotel rooms were free at the least. It is entirely possible to quarantine them if they need to stay. The alternative also is they don't leave their trucks at port if they can unpack there.

You think it’s practical to separate a truck from its driver and therefore hold the goods in the truck for 10 days ?

Has it even crossed your synapse that many of those 730,000 rooms are quite some distance from Kent? Or as an alternative you think that 250,000 tonnes of goods (much of which would require specialised load and store equipment) could be trans shipped in the car park at Dover ?

I can’t even explain how ludicrous that thought actually is. For an idea of scale the “yard” where I work loads and unloads 40 trucks a day (80% palletised ) and that yard is 500 by 75 metres squared and employs 35 staff.
Last edited by bimboman on Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sputnik V

Post by Sputnik V »

Leinsterman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:38 pm
Sputnik V wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:51 pm

Tough guy alert from the schizo poster with an imaginary family. :lol:
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

eldanielfire wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:08 pm

It's not just possible, it is desirable it it reduces the lockdown period. Again Australia showed for the most part closing borders early means a shorter lockdown, less costs in overing 80% of employees wages and the greater loss to the economy as businesses are out of action for longer. Quarantining arrivals wholesale early on is not just easily doable with the political will, but desirable and costs less in the longer term in money and deaths.
How many trucks, per day, do they get transiting Australia ?

I'm not taking either position here - but 'easily doable' sounds some way off the mark.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

ovalball wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:48 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:08 pm

How many trucks, per day, do they get transiting Australia ?

I'm not taking either position here - but 'easily doable' sounds some way off the mark.

The idea that there’s 100,000 spare truck drivers to cover the first 10 days of the scheme is for the birds, you’d also need 100,000 rooms for that first period.

It’s as doable as making all trucks self driving.

Edit , that’s 30,000 spare drivers. Not 100
Sputnik V

Post by Sputnik V »

just looking at the rail in Australia, very bad. With carbon targets looming, they really need to improve from trucking everything around.

Should get one of the east Asian powerhouses to build them some rail fit for the 21st century and a reasonable cost. A high-speed rail would be good.
Gospel

Post by Gospel »

eldanielfire wrote:There are 730,258 hotel rooms in the UK. Given the massive drop in travel during COVID I'm sure 1 in 70 hotel rooms were free at the least. It is entirely possible to quarantine them if they need to stay. The alternative also is they don't leave their trucks at port if they can unpack there.
Jesus wept. :lol: