Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

All things Rugby
Mr Mike

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by Mr Mike »

eldanielfire wrote:Prince Charles tests positive.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Charles_HRH/ ... 3380979713
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

CM11 wrote:Not sure why people are trying to convince themselves that everyone has had it already and it's just that we didn't notice. ICU's are being overrun with healthy people. They won't show up in the death statistics for the most part but I think we'd have noticed a need for a lot more ICU beds around the world over the last few months if it was already prevalent everywhere?

There was talk of two strains though, but I assume you need to get both to be immune to both? So it's moot if people had the milder strain?

Be glad to be corrected by a medical type.
It makes them special. A cold or flu doesn't sound cool. Exactly as you say, we'd have noticed the massive influx much earlier had it been around longer (especially if it was even more infectious). Growth curves are growth curves, it can't have been around months in advanced, and still only now have this growth curve.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Mr Mike wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:Prince Charles tests positive.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Charles_HRH/ ... 3380979713
He'll have to queue like everyone else
backrow

Post by backrow »

Saint wrote:
Akkerman wrote:I assume William is being hurried to a safe location far from him as we speak.
You would think.

Mildly amusing thought - if Liz, Charlie, and Wills were all to pop their clogs, Harry becomes Prince Regent and would have to move back to the UK
Could be the plot for the film ‘King Ralph’ with John goodman if the deaths go far enough
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Saint wrote:
Akkerman wrote:I assume William is being hurried to a safe location far from him as we speak.
You would think.

Mildly amusing thought - if Liz, Charlie, and Wills were all to pop their clogs, Harry becomes Prince Regent and would have to move back to the UK
George no?
New guy

Post by New guy »

I'd imagine Charles will be fine, he'll have the kind of health care normal people can only dream of.

Doubt they'd have made this announcement if it wasn't serious though.
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

Now it looks like Harry & Meghan knew what was coming and got the hell out of Dodge
backrow

Post by backrow »

Just heard a chap on the phone walk past - “they’ve even run out of penis pasta in Ann Summers ! Can imagine that, serving up to you kids a plate full of dicks ?! Fackin hell !”

:lol:
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Saint wrote:
You would think.

He's not a royal any more. Andrew as Prince regent.
New guy

Post by New guy »

OptimisticJock wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

George no?
Thank god Wiliam and Kate breed like rabbits. No risk of having King Ginger.
Homer

Post by Homer »

I work in product development for a large auto manufacturer. What has been going on (mostly in the background) from so many companies and individuals is really encouraging. We have been utilising our leverage and expertise in purchasing, logistics, rapid manufacture and mass production to support existing medical equipment manufacturers of masks, screen, respirators and ventilators. Hopefully it will give the frontline workers the tools they really need to do their jobs in the coming months.

Additionally, donating PPE (that is not currently required in our plants due to shudowns) and loaning vehicles to the Red Cross etc. are simple, but great ways to help out.

I don't believe people should go looking for praise for doing the right thing, but think hopefully we will be able to look back and take some satisfaction in knowing we have done a bit to help....
slick

Post by slick »

New guy wrote:I'd imagine Charles will be fine, he'll have the kind of health care normal people can only dream of.

He's f**king self isolating in Scotland!
message #2527204

OptimisticJock wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

George no?
George too young. Would require a regent.
Mahoney

Post by Mahoney »

slick wrote:
New guy wrote:I'd imagine Charles will be fine, he'll have the kind of health care normal people can only dream of.

Sensible - well away from anyone that matters.
New guy

Post by New guy »

message #2527204 wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

Prince Pedo is probably the only royal even less suited to the task.

What does Edward do these days? Get him in.
message #2527204

Mahoney wrote:
slick wrote:

Sensible - well away from anyone that matters.
Didn't the government force the royals to carry on working and meeting crowds of people?
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Homer wrote:I work in product development for a large auto manufacturer. What has been going on (mostly in the background) from so many companies and individuals is really encouraging. We have been utilising our leverage and expertise in purchasing, logistics, rapid manufacture and mass production to support existing medical equipment manufacturers of masks, screen, respirators and ventilators. Hopefully it will give the frontline workers the tools they really need to do their jobs in the coming months.

Additionally, donating PPE (that is not currently required in our plants due to shudowns) and loaning vehicles to the Red Cross etc. are simple, but great ways to help out.

I don't believe people should go looking for praise for doing the right thing, but think hopefully we will be able to look back and take some satisfaction in knowing we have done a bit to help....
:thumbup:
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

New guy wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

Sexist. Anne is your man for the job, would do wonders for George.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

New guy wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

Edward? Prince ‘Cottage’ himself? :lol:
Saint

Post by Saint »

OptimisticJock wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

George no?
George becomes King, but won't have reached majority. Harry become Prince Regent as next in the line who has, until George reaches 18
New guy

Post by New guy »

Mr Mike wrote:
New guy wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

Sexist. Anne is your man for the job, would do wonders for George.
I could live with that. She seems ok, likes rugby.
Saint

Post by Saint »

message #2527204 wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

Harry actually is still HRH - but has been told not to use it. He's still in the line of succession and can't easily be removed
Wyndham Upalot

Post by Wyndham Upalot »

Anne definitely has the regal leadership quals in bucketloads. A wise choice.
Plato'sCave

Post by Plato'sCave »

Charlie Windsor is the highest profile since Tom Hanks
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

Homer wrote:I work in product development for a large auto manufacturer. What has been going on (mostly in the background) from so many companies and individuals is really encouraging. We have been utilising our leverage and expertise in purchasing, logistics, rapid manufacture and mass production to support existing medical equipment manufacturers of masks, screen, respirators and ventilators. Hopefully it will give the frontline workers the tools they really need to do their jobs in the coming months.

Great to hear :thumbup:
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Saint wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

Harry actually is still HRH - but has been told not to use it. He's still in the line of succession and can't easily be removed
The line of succession hasn't mattered a damn since the Hannovarian take over. George 1 was, I think, 57th in the line of succession.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Saint wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

Never underestimate MI5.
Glaston

Post by Glaston »

slick wrote:

Did he bump into Emma Thompson?
Saint

Post by Saint »

camroc1 wrote:
Saint wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

The line of succession hasn't mattered a damn since the Hannovarian take over. George 1 was, I think, 57th in the line of succession.
The line of succession was fairly ill defined until the Act of Settlement in 1701, which made Sophia heir presumptive - until then it was a much more speculative arrangement. She died a couple of months early to be Queen, so George 1st was immediately next in line. Since then, the line of succesion as defined by the Act and a few minor amendments has been followed to the letter
ManInTheBar

Post by ManInTheBar »

New guy wrote:
Mr Mike wrote: Sexist. Anne is your man for the job, would do wonders for George.
Point of order, she supports Scotland, not sure it's quite the same thing
Last edited by ManInTheBar on Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

New guy wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

George no?
I'd vote for Harry....
Saint

Post by Saint »

Seneca of the Night wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Saint wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

Not sure I understand you post correctly, but the current Queen was not in the direct line and didn't know she was going to be Queen until she was 8 years old or something.
At the time she was 8, Elizabeth was 2nd in line to the throne, as the daughter of the Prince 1st in line. The difference is that it was always assemed that she would slip down the rankings form that point - if the King has any children they would take precedence over her, and even if she ended up with a baby brother at the time he would have precedence over her.

When the King abdicated she moved up one spot. But she was ALWAYS in the line of succession.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

ManInTheBar wrote:
New guy wrote:
Mr Mike wrote: Sexist. Anne is your man for the job, would do wonders for George.
Point of order, she supports Scotland, not sure it's quite the same
Shows resilience.
Mahoney

Post by Mahoney »

As Edward VIII / the Duke of Windsor had no children, she's also genuinely his heir.
ManInTheBar

Post by ManInTheBar »

OptimisticJock wrote:
New guy wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

George no?
I'd vote for Harry....
It's a monarchy. I don't think voting is an option
Saint

Post by Saint »

Mahoney wrote:As Edward VIII / the Duke of Windsor had no children, she's also genuinely his heir.
Yeah - If Eddie had had kids that could have thrown up some potential issues that conspiracy theorists would have no doubt enjoyed, but as things panned out, she just became Queen a couple of decades earlier than she would have done anyway
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

ManInTheBar wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
New guy wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
Saint wrote:
You would think.

George no?
I'd vote for Harry....
It's a monarchy. I don't think voting is an option
Can someone upload the "joke" gif please
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Unless the IRFU codify lines of succession, this remains a topic on which I am more than happy to defer to others. Which seem somehow apt.
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

redderneck wrote:Unless the IRFU codify lines of succession, this remains a topic on which I am more than happy to defer to others. Which seem somehow apt.
Brits x(
Saint

Post by Saint »

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Saint wrote:
Mahoney wrote:As Edward VIII / the Duke of Windsor had no children, she's also genuinely his heir.
Yeah - If Eddie had had kids that could have thrown up some potential issues that conspiracy theorists would have no doubt enjoyed, but as things panned out, she just became Queen a couple of decades earlier than she would have done anyway
You do realise they did have a child who married the direct descendant of Jesus in the south of France and the progeny of that match is heir to Rome and the Realm and Church of England?
:lol: