Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

All things Rugby
Pat the Ex Mat

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

message #2527204 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:31 pm
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:30 pm
CM11 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:09 pm There's no option if the cold comes with fever or respiratory symptoms. We had what we were certain was a cold but it came with some extra symptoms for some of the children so had no choice but to get confirmation before sending them back to school.
Exactly - all of the medical advice here is to immediately isolate and test if cold symptoms occur

What kind of idiots don't get this by now?
The advice is to test if you have covid symptoms, not if you have a cold.
Not in Australia.

The average.punter can't really the difference between Cold and Flu, let alone Covid
CM11

Post by CM11 »

CM11 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:09 pm There's no option if the cold comes with fever or respiratory symptoms. We had what we were certain was a cold but it came with some extra symptoms for some of the children so had no choice but to get confirmation before sending them back to school.
Exactly - all of the medical advice here is to immediately isolate and test if cold symptoms occur

Generally a cold will come with some mild covid symptoms in lots of children.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

CM11 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:37 pm

It’s almost as if the common cold is a corona virus.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

USA cracks the 200,000 mark (that they have admitted to) but I wonder if they are past 250k by now based on excess deaths.
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

She's a bit of a shit show in the UK then?
Dear Prime Minister,
What a total shit show. I would usually attempt to be more eloquent, but I feel this is the most accurate term.
This has been a tough six months for everyone. Working from home, and home educating three children in three different key stages has been phenomenally hard. Throw in the mix managing everyone’s anxiety levels (which are understandably high) and keeping my family safe, especially my vulnerable husband, surviving financially and following all of the rules put in place by the government; ‘playing my part’ to use your own words.
Return to school last week and it was a mixed bag of emotions. Excitement equally met with trepidation. Six months away from something is a long time for anyone, but for small children it is huge. We had some first day wobbles and a couple of tears, but the overriding feeling was joy. To see their friends and have some snippet of normality return to their lives…long awaited. I could not be prouder of the way my children have handled these last six months and how well they returned to school and applied themselves, sensibly taking on board all the changes now implemented in their school.
What a shame that you could not equally ‘play your part’ when required.
My youngest returned from school on Monday with a temperature. This results, as I am sure everyone knows, in the entire household being isolated for 14 days or until a negative test can be produced. Monday 14th September was the first Monday all three of my children had been in their education settings since March 16th. Just like that we had taken two steps forward and one back. Naively I assumed I would organise a test and life would resume upon receipt of the result. Never did I imagine the total shit show that would ensue.
I completed the online form, to be advised that there were no home swabs available (that was my preference as I am trying to not traumatise my children too much more this year) so alas I would have to select the test centre option. I refreshed the testing page every 10 mins for 28 hours. Yes, I stayed up all night. The only slots I was offered were in Aberdeen and Swindon. I live in Pulborough,West Sussex. I decided to call 119 as your website says many sites will not see under 18s and I wanted further clarification on this. After being on hold for 45 minutes – they cut me off.
After 16 hours of trying, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a kit from Lloyds-Pharmacy This was not something I decided on lightly, at £150 per test…but I felt I had little choice. My children were devastated at the thought of missing out on two weeks of school already, and my husband and I simply cannot afford any further time off work.
I proceeded through the checkout process and prior to payment, a pop up stated that my transaction was being terminated as they will not send swab tests to under 18s. There was also a stark warning, that if I changed his date of birth to mine, to swerve this, I would be reported to the relevant authorities for fraud and to social services. SOCIAL SERVICES. Are you kidding me? For what? Establishing whether my son had Covid to hopefully return him to education as quickly as possible? What a bloody joke.
I continued therefore on the government website for a further 11 hours, eventually being offered a slot in Guildford, when I went to finalise the booking your website chucked me out. I had to start all over again and by the grace of god I managed to get a slot within the hour. 28 hours after I began the booking process.
I understood from reading and watching a variety of news and media, and listening to Matt Hancock himself (painful but necessary), that the test centres were overwhelmed again. Imagine my surprise when I arrive today to find it empty. Literally empty.
Not overwhelmed. Not overwhelmed in the slightest. We arrived half an hour early as I was worried about traffic and I apologised to the security guy who told me not to worry, it will be good to see them doing some work!
This is absolutely shambolic and my children, who have had a bloody tough year and stuck to every rule you put out there, are suffering because of your ineptitude. I am incandescent with rage. You should be hanging your head in shame. You won’t, of course, because you and the majority of your so-called government are too self-seeking and arrogant.
Shameful.
Boris Johnson Conservatives. Andrew Griffith MP
Angela Rayner Keir Starmer
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

We're coming into second wave in Europe. October will be rough
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

It used to be 2 of the three main symptoms before getting a test. The latest update from school is now any of the symptoms. So a cough or loss of taste or smell is enough to stay off school and get tested. Can't return to school without a copy of the test result being sent in (sounds like a union thing to me) No wonder we're running out of tests again.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

message #2527204 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:39 am

It used to be 2 of the three main symptoms before getting a test. The latest update from school is now any of the symptoms. So a cough or loss of taste or smell is enough to stay off school and get tested. Can't return to school without a copy of the test result being sent in (sounds like a union thing to me) No wonder we're running out of tests again.
Yep, that's right.
Absolutely nothing to do with the shower of c unts running this country at the moment.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Hancock the clown thinks a virus respects a curfew.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

The ambulance chasers shall be keeping their eyes on this one.
Ministers are planning to invoke emergency powers to vaccinate the public against Covid-19 even if it is unlicensed, i can reveal.
https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/coron ... ent-652850
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Leinster in London wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:25 pm The ambulance chasers shall be keeping their eyes on this one.
Ministers are planning to invoke emergency powers to vaccinate the public against Covid-19 even if it is unlicensed, i can reveal.

Not in me the f ucking won’t.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Leinster in London wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:25 pm The ambulance chasers shall be keeping their eyes on this one.
Times like this you’re glad you’ve got a written constitution. Oh shit.
message #2527204

The proposal includes immunity from prosecution.
It's just so we don't submit our vaccine to Europe and have to wait 6 months, or until we hand over the fish, for them to approve it. Have to distrust them after barniers threats
Leinster in London

message #2527204 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:07 pm
It's just so we don't submit our vaccine to Europe and have to wait 6 months, or until we hand over the fish, for them to approve it. Have to distrust them after barniers threats
Well I trust you will not object when we accuse the UK of being in Putin's pocket.
message #2527204

Leinster in London wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:26 pm
Well I trust you will not object when we accuse the UK of being in Putin's pocket.
Accuse away. Sounds valid
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

With the cancellation of Nordstrom 2 the Europeans take the high ground.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

Bit of a non-story - from January the licensing would be done by the UK anyway.
Leinster in London

bimboman wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:25 am

With the cancellation of Nordstrom 2 the Germans take the high ground.
Fixed
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Leinster in London wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:08 am

Fixed

But you’re a union ......
Leinster in London

bimboman wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:09 am

Fixed

Are you a yank now?
message #2527204

It's true Bimbo. The Germans won;t take any notice of what the rest of the union thinks.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Leinster in London wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:25 am
bimboman wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:09 am

Fixed

Are you a yank now?

Equal members and all that. Have a word.
Leinster in London

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:35 am It's true Bimbo. The Germans won;t take any notice of what the rest of the union thinks.
Still don't believe member states maintained their sovereignty?
They choose their energy provider.
We choose our taxation policy, and previously threw out a legacy currency of the colonial period.
message #2527204

Leinster in London wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:28 am
message #2527204 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:35 am It's true Bimbo. The Germans won;t take any notice of what the rest of the union thinks.
We choose our taxation policy, and previously threw out a legacy currency of the colonial period.
If the laws are coming from somewhere else, then you're just as much in a colonial period now.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Leinster in London wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:28 am

You don’t chose your own VAT policy. It’s nothing to do with energy provider it’s to do with an assassination attempt in your country going unanswered.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

bimboman wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:24 pm

Slaps head. :?

Sometimes it is Bimbobot, sometimes.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Ted. wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:08 am

What causes a common cold that isn’t a Corona virus ?
C69

Post by C69 »

It's as if SARS and MERS never existed. You know the deadly Zoonotic corona viruses.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

bimboman wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:19 am
Ted. wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:08 am

What causes a common cold that isn’t a Corona virus ?
Rhinoviruses. Lots of them.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

C69 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:36 am It's as if SARS and MERS never existed. You know the deadly Zoonotic corona viruses.

I remember Imperial colleges Neil Ferguson advising many 1,000’s of deaths for some of those.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold ... old_causes

About a fifth of colds caused by coronaviruses.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

This is a sad day for Encyclopaedia Bimbonnica
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

EverReady wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:10 pm This is a sad day for Encyclopaedia Bimbonnica

:thumbup:

I’ll take 20% .....
ukjim

Post by ukjim »

bimboman wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:28 pm
C69 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:36 am It's as if SARS and MERS never existed. You know the deadly Zoonotic corona viruses.

I remember Imperial colleges Neil Ferguson advising many 1,000’s of deaths for some of those.
you must love epidemiology.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Worrying signs in France as the hospitalizations and deaths curves have clearly picked up and show an exponential slope. Prediction is that in 8 weeks, France is back to April levels... lockdown looming.

People are irresponsible, childish. Give them a bit of freedom and they forget any measure.

More deaths and an economy that will go for a second crash.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

TheFrog wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:20 pm Worrying signs in France as the hospitalizations and deaths curves have clearly picked up and show an exponential slope. Prediction is that in 8 weeks, France is back to April levels... lockdown looming.

People are irresponsible, childish. Give them a bit of freedom and they forget any measure.

Back to April levels of what ?
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

bimboman wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:20 pm
EverReady wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:10 pm This is a sad day for Encyclopaedia Bimbonnica

I’ll take 20% .....

I bet you would - so would we. That's waaaaaay better than your batting average.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Enzedder wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:02 pm
bimboman wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:20 pm

I’ll take 20% .....

I bet you would - so would we. That's waaaaaay better than your batting average.

Still would put me in the top half. :thumbup:
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

bimboman wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:00 pm
TheFrog wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:20 pm Worrying signs in France as the hospitalizations and deaths curves have clearly picked up and show an exponential slope. Prediction is that in 8 weeks, France is back to April levels... lockdown looming.

Back to April levels of what ?
of daily deaths and ICU beds being occupied.
message #2527204

Same thing happening in the UK,especially Scotland again. Seems the 20-40 year olds are intent on killing us all.