Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

All things Rugby
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 12713
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by message #2527204 »

bimboman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:48 pm
Processes will all be a lot more joined-up following this outbreak, though. Lots of money has been thrown at actually creating some.
What absolute shit, 6 months in we had the November “lockdown” to protect health and other services. 2 months on we are locked down again with the media arguing and the. Government commenting on how long a bike ride should be and whether sitting on a bench is an issue , apart from that there’s no evidence of joined up thinking.

Lots of money is sitting in the 11,000 20 tonne containers full of PPE that are littering up airfields and other sites around the country and is quietly being sold off for 10p in the £.
Is the government being forced by idiots in the media to explain idiotic things a sign of a weak government or a f**king shit media enthralled by how much noise they can make amongst 1k thick cvnts on tw@tter?

PPE was bought from whatever source we could find, due to a world shortage at the time, nightingales were also built due to fears we would need ventilator capacity that we didn't have ...or don't you remember any of that?
Last edited by message #2527204 on Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 40386
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Gospel wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:57 pm
bimboman wrote:The other issue being that the operations of he State the government has are shit, PHE is shit, the NHS is shit, the school authorities are shit, the basic function of counting who is in the country and who isn’t and border control are shit.

Yeah agree Williamson, Hancock and a fair few others are clowns, but the actual operation of the state in this country has failed.
Mostly agree with that. We have been found totally wanting in almost every department including personal responsibility. I would hope lessons will be learned and there will be changes - but who am I kidding. This is our lot.
Yet on the Boris thread Bimbo defended every fuckup or inaction of the government all through the last year
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 29842
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by Ali's Choice »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:03 pm You know better than to lump NH posters in with Bimbot. He is a genuine cunt who has no problem with this virus killing millions of people.
:thumbup: I know, he's human scum. This is shown by the fact that he's clearly excited about so many of his countrymen dying from this virus.
bimboman
Posts: 67467
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by bimboman »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:52 pm
C69 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:39 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:33 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:29 pm I find the concept of sitting at home and watching the government close airports being a big thing the population did as funny yes. As should everyone,
You constantly troll SH posters about our response to COVID-19, and then cry like a baby if anyone gets angry and responds in kind :thumbdown:

I won't rise to your bait. Needless to say you are immensely ignorant.
Mungo was just as bad (hyperbole obvs) tarring us all with the same brush.
I guess the big difference is that SH posters don't belittle NH posters for the sacrifices you have made. We know you're suffering right now, and we know the massive challenges you are facing.

Bimboman's comments just belittle people's sacrifices. He mocks us by saying that all we have done is sit around watching closed airports. The city of Melbourne was in lockdown for most of 2020. Just last weekend the city of Brisbane was shut down over one positive case. We are making sacrifices too, and when NH posters mock us it's no surprise that occasionally a poster will snap and react, like Mungo Man did.


That you see any comment as “mocking” or “belittling “ only says something about you as a person. What kind of ego maniac sees sitting at home as actually doing something that needs equal praise to real emergency responders etc.

“We made sacrifices” , :lol: you didn’t , you don’t live in Brisbane, you’re either incredibly fragile that you need constant mummy praise or you’re a trolling twat.
bimboman
Posts: 67467
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by bimboman »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:05 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:03 pm You know better than to lump NH posters in with Bimbot. He is a genuine cunt who has no problem with this virus killing millions of people.
:thumbup: I know, he's human scum. This is shown by the fact that he's clearly excited about so many of his countrymen dying from this virus.


You’re the slimy bit on excrement ....
bimboman
Posts: 67467
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by bimboman »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:05 pm
Gospel wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:57 pm
bimboman wrote:The other issue being that the operations of he State the government has are shit, PHE is shit, the NHS is shit, the school authorities are shit, the basic function of counting who is in the country and who isn’t and border control are shit.

Yeah agree Williamson, Hancock and a fair few others are clowns, but the actual operation of the state in this country has failed.
Mostly agree with that. We have been found totally wanting in almost every department including personal responsibility. I would hope lessons will be learned and there will be changes - but who am I kidding. This is our lot.
Yet on the Boris thread Bimbo defended every fuckup or inaction of the government all through the last year


This is an outright lie, it’s really all Anon has left to try and attack me.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 29842
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by Ali's Choice »

bimboman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:17 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:05 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:03 pm You know better than to lump NH posters in with Bimbot. He is a genuine cunt who has no problem with this virus killing millions of people.
:thumbup: I know, he's human scum. This is shown by the fact that he's clearly excited about so many of his countrymen dying from this virus.
You’re the slimy bit on excrement ....
Says the guy who gets clearly excited about his countrymen dying from COVID-19 because that means he gets more attention on a Rugby chat site.
bimboman
Posts: 67467
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by bimboman »

message #2527204 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:04 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:48 pm
Processes will all be a lot more joined-up following this outbreak, though. Lots of money has been thrown at actually creating some.
What absolute shit, 6 months in we had the November “lockdown” to protect health and other services. 2 months on we are locked down again with the media arguing and the. Government commenting on how long a bike ride should be and whether sitting on a bench is an issue , apart from that there’s no evidence of joined up thinking.

Lots of money is sitting in the 11,000 20 tonne containers full of PPE that are littering up airfields and other sites around the country and is quietly being sold off for 10p in the £.
Is the government being forced by idiots in the media to explain idiotic things a sign of a weak government or a f**king shit media enthralled by how much noise they can make amongst 1k thick cvnts on tw@tter?

PPE was bought from whatever source we could find, due to a world shortage at the time, nightingales were also built due to fears we would need ventilator capacity that we didn't have ...or don't you remember any of that?

The Government should have stood up to the media at the start, they didn’t because Boris has a pathological issue in wanting to be liked.

I’ll repeat, there’s currently 11,000 containers sitting full of useless PPE scattered around the UK, it’s such an issue it has seriously distorted the logistics market regarding East west container trade costs. This is far more an issue than “world shortage” .
bimboman
Posts: 67467
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by bimboman »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:22 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:17 pm
Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:05 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:03 pm You know better than to lump NH posters in with Bimbot. He is a genuine cunt who has no problem with this virus killing millions of people.
:thumbup: I know, he's human scum. This is shown by the fact that he's clearly excited about so many of his countrymen dying from this virus.
You’re the slimy bit on excrement ....
Says the guy who gets clearly excited about his countrymen dying from COVID-19 because that means he gets more attention on a Rugby chat site.


This is you Ali, you’re literally projecting your own actions and motivations here. You’ve been called out again and again for death trolling for points. You cannot wash that off lying about me and my posts.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 29842
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by Ali's Choice »

bimboman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:25 pm This is you Ali, you’re literally projecting your own actions and motivations here. You’ve been called out again and again for death trolling for points. You cannot wash that off lying about me and my posts.
Yet you're the one who is clearly excited about covid-19. You've made tens of thousands of posts over the past few weeks, every single one of them has been a troll-post.
bimboman
Posts: 67467
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by bimboman »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:28 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:25 pm This is you Ali, you’re literally projecting your own actions and motivations here. You’ve been called out again and again for death trolling for points. You cannot wash that off lying about me and my posts.
Yet you're the one who is clearly excited about covid-19. You've made tens of thousands of posts over the past few weeks, every single one of them has been a troll-post.

10’s of thousands of posts in a few weeks , is about the mark of how desperate you’re trying to deflect your death trolling horror.

Quite insane.
ovalball
Posts: 12002
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by ovalball »

Bit worrying, if true. I thought Ireland had it under better control.
Ireland recorded the highest Covid-19 infection rate in the world last week, according to statistics from Our World in Data, an online scientific publication based at the University of Oxford.

In the seven days leading up to January 10, Ireland reported 1,322.92 Covid-19 cases per 1 million people, the statistics showed, placing it above any other country over the same period.

Ireland has been facing a worsening Covid-19 outbreak: Last Friday, it reported the highest daily increase in coronavirus infections since the beginning of the pandemic, with 8,248 new cases, according to a statement from the country's Health Department.

The country has further tightened its lockdown measures since last week -- including closing non-essential construction sites, schools, and childcare services.

Ireland has reported a total of 152,539 Covid-19 cases and 2,352 deaths, according to a Johns Hopkins University tally.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60133
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by CM11 »

We peaked nearly a week ago. Half the cases we reported in the last seven days were actually from the previous week because our reporting system creaked and broke over the Christmas period.

For example, we reported 12k cases in the last two days despite only 8k testing positive in that period.
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 12713
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by message #2527204 »

bimboman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:23 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:04 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:48 pm
Processes will all be a lot more joined-up following this outbreak, though. Lots of money has been thrown at actually creating some.
What absolute shit, 6 months in we had the November “lockdown” to protect health and other services. 2 months on we are locked down again with the media arguing and the. Government commenting on how long a bike ride should be and whether sitting on a bench is an issue , apart from that there’s no evidence of joined up thinking.

Lots of money is sitting in the 11,000 20 tonne containers full of PPE that are littering up airfields and other sites around the country and is quietly being sold off for 10p in the £.
Is the government being forced by idiots in the media to explain idiotic things a sign of a weak government or a f**king shit media enthralled by how much noise they can make amongst 1k thick cvnts on tw@tter?

PPE was bought from whatever source we could find, due to a world shortage at the time, nightingales were also built due to fears we would need ventilator capacity that we didn't have ...or don't you remember any of that?

The Government should have stood up to the media at the start, they didn’t because Boris has a pathological issue in wanting to be liked.

I’ll repeat, there’s currently 11,000 containers sitting full of useless PPE scattered around the UK, it’s such an issue it has seriously distorted the logistics market regarding East west container trade costs. This is far more an issue than “world shortage” .
They should have done what Krankie has been doing and vetted the questions from the media.... but they decided - were told by SAGE - to be open and honest.

The purchase of shit PPE from around the world was seen as necessary whilst we built our own capacity... there was a f**king worldwide shortage.
iarmhiman
Posts: 41405
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by iarmhiman »

ovalball wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:59 pm Bit worrying, if true. I thought Ireland had it under better control.
Ireland recorded the highest Covid-19 infection rate in the world last week, according to statistics from Our World in Data, an online scientific publication based at the University of Oxford.

In the seven days leading up to January 10, Ireland reported 1,322.92 Covid-19 cases per 1 million people, the statistics showed, placing it above any other country over the same period.

Ireland has been facing a worsening Covid-19 outbreak: Last Friday, it reported the highest daily increase in coronavirus infections since the beginning of the pandemic, with 8,248 new cases, according to a statement from the country's Health Department.

The country has further tightened its lockdown measures since last week -- including closing non-essential construction sites, schools, and childcare services.

Ireland has reported a total of 152,539 Covid-19 cases and 2,352 deaths, according to a Johns Hopkins University tally.
I don't think it's the new strain.

It was restrictions lifted at Christmas and like watching cows getting of the shed in spring
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 12713
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by message #2527204 »

CM11 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:06 pm We peaked nearly a week ago. Half the cases we reported in the last seven days were actually from the previous week because our reporting system creaked and broke over the Christmas period.

For example, we reported 12k cases in the last two days despite only 8k testing positive in that period.
We should all be passing the peak now. In the UK tier 4 was imposed almost everywhere before Christmas.
As the vaccine rolls out it will prevent hospitalisation for covid. Everyone over the age of 50 has been offered the flu jab this year... and hand washing and mask wearing has greatly reduced flu spread anyway.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60133
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by CM11 »

message #2527204 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:05 pm
CM11 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:06 pm We peaked nearly a week ago. Half the cases we reported in the last seven days were actually from the previous week because our reporting system creaked and broke over the Christmas period.

For example, we reported 12k cases in the last two days despite only 8k testing positive in that period.
We should all be passing the peak now. In the UK tier 4 was imposed almost everywhere before Christmas.
As the vaccine rolls out it will prevent hospitalisation for covid. Everyone over the age of 50 has been offered the flu jab this year... and hand washing and mask wearing has greatly reduced flu spread anyway.
Have you had any flu there? Last time I checked we've had no notified cases (we'd generally only find hospital cases so it doesn't mean zero cases but it's logical there's none around at all).
C69
Posts: 40093
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Location: For Wales the Welsh and aproppriate pronouns

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by C69 »

message #2527204 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:05 pm
CM11 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:06 pm We peaked nearly a week ago. Half the cases we reported in the last seven days were actually from the previous week because our reporting system creaked and broke over the Christmas period.

For example, we reported 12k cases in the last two days despite only 8k testing positive in that period.
We should all be passing the peak now. In the UK tier 4 was imposed almost everywhere before Christmas.
As the vaccine rolls out it will prevent hospitalisation for covid. Everyone over the age of 50 has been offered the flu jab this year... and hand washing and mask wearing has greatly reduced flu spread anyway.
Sorry but if you looked at the modelling, we are not passing the North West and are not expected to reach peak for at least another week.
It's carnage up here and is hetting worse.
I've seen both the modelling and the actual figires for the North West and live bed occupancy for wards and Critical Care. A few North West hospitals have over 50% bed occupancy with Covid.


Nowhere near reaching a peak.
The big bottle neck is discharge a massive isaue and headache.
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 12713
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by message #2527204 »

CM11 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:11 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:05 pm
CM11 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:06 pm We peaked nearly a week ago. Half the cases we reported in the last seven days were actually from the previous week because our reporting system creaked and broke over the Christmas period.

For example, we reported 12k cases in the last two days despite only 8k testing positive in that period.
We should all be passing the peak now. In the UK tier 4 was imposed almost everywhere before Christmas.
As the vaccine rolls out it will prevent hospitalisation for covid. Everyone over the age of 50 has been offered the flu jab this year... and hand washing and mask wearing has greatly reduced flu spread anyway.
Have you had any flu there? Last time I checked we've had no notified cases (we'd generally only find hospital cases so it doesn't mean zero cases but it's logical there's none around at all).
Don't know, sorry. They said the vaccine is particularly effective this year when I got mine, but my guess is it's more down to covid measures. Flu is harder to transmit than covid.
User avatar
danny_fitz
Posts: 12150
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Mostly London........Mostly

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by danny_fitz »

CM11 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:06 pm We peaked nearly a week ago. Half the cases we reported in the last seven days were actually from the previous week because our reporting system creaked and broke over the Christmas period.

For example, we reported 12k cases in the last two days despite only 8k testing positive in that period.
My folks live in a tiny village of about 30 people in West Clare, the pandemic had kind of passed them by up until Christmas when their neighbours had all their kids, grandkids and inlaws around for the holidays. Cue the whole house getting infected and my 70+ year old parents hiding.
Nolanator
Posts: 38838
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by Nolanator »

ovalball wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:59 pm Bit worrying, if true. I thought Ireland had it under better control.
Ireland recorded the highest Covid-19 infection rate in the world last week, according to statistics from Our World in Data, an online scientific publication based at the University of Oxford.

In the seven days leading up to January 10, Ireland reported 1,322.92 Covid-19 cases per 1 million people, the statistics showed, placing it above any other country over the same period.

Ireland has been facing a worsening Covid-19 outbreak: Last Friday, it reported the highest daily increase in coronavirus infections since the beginning of the pandemic, with 8,248 new cases, according to a statement from the country's Health Department.

The country has further tightened its lockdown measures since last week -- including closing non-essential construction sites, schools, and childcare services.

Ireland has reported a total of 152,539 Covid-19 cases and 2,352 deaths, according to a Johns Hopkins University tally.
Locked down early in October when things started picking up again, so it was heavily suppressed in the community. Re-opening in December coincided with everyone going bananas. I work in Dublin city centre and it was packed out on the streets for the three weeks before Christmas. Technically everyone outside and takeaway pints are OK, but there was just a shit load of public mixing. No numbers on how much household mixing went on at the same time, either.

The government probably would have reintroduced level 5 around the 18th with the way cases/positivity were going, but waited until the 26th. "Having Christmas" was one of the carrots that was dangled when level 5 was implimented in October.

We're on the way back down with positivity and case numbers (although see CM's comment about delayed reporting meaning the peak is drawn out longer than it actually was), but ICU numbers are still going up. Just a waiting game to see how far it goes before that levels off too. It'll be squeaky bum time with the capacity of the HSE being able to cope, with the way things are trending.
User avatar
Jensrsa
Posts: 24856
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by Jensrsa »

message #2527204 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:44 pm
Fingers cossed indeed. This is the big one with the billion dollar backing. Phase 3 are still ongoing or haven't they started yet?
Phase 3 testing apparently started in SA in November and they're expecting final results any day now
| Nov 2, 2020
Durban, South Africa – Aspen is pleased to announce that one of its wholly-owned South African subsidiaries, Pharmacare Limited (which trades as “Aspen Pharmacare”), has entered into a preliminary agreement with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Janssen Pharmaceutica NV, two of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, for the technical transfer and proposed commercial manufacture of their COVID-19 vaccine candidate, Ad26.COV2-S.

The vaccine candidate is currently undergoing clinical trials. Aspen Pharmacare will perform formulation, filling and secondary packaging of the vaccine for supply to Johnson & Johnson. This agreement is still subject to the successful completion of the relevant technology transfer activities and finalisation of certain commercial manufacturing terms.

Aspen Pharmacare has agreed to provide the necessary capacity required for the manufacture of Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate at its existing sterile facility in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
https://www.aspenpharma.com/2020/11/02/ ... candidate/
J&J is in the final phase of its clinical trials and is likely to announce results by the end of January, Nicolaou added.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN29C1TY
bimboman
Posts: 67467
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by bimboman »

C69 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:13 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:05 pm
CM11 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:06 pm We peaked nearly a week ago. Half the cases we reported in the last seven days were actually from the previous week because our reporting system creaked and broke over the Christmas period.

For example, we reported 12k cases in the last two days despite only 8k testing positive in that period.
We should all be passing the peak now. In the UK tier 4 was imposed almost everywhere before Christmas.
As the vaccine rolls out it will prevent hospitalisation for covid. Everyone over the age of 50 has been offered the flu jab this year... and hand washing and mask wearing has greatly reduced flu spread anyway.
Sorry but if you looked at the modelling, we are not passing the North West and are not expected to reach peak for at least another week.
It's carnage up here and is hetting worse.
I've seen both the modelling and the actual figires for the North West and live bed occupancy for wards and Critical Care. A few North West hospitals have over 50% bed occupancy with Covid.


Nowhere near reaching a peak.
The big bottle neck is discharge a massive isaue and headache.
And yet there’s still time......

Ffs
User avatar
badmannotinjapan
Posts: 5827
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by badmannotinjapan »

guy smiley wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:31 am
badmannotinjapan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 am Been in lockdown since December 26th and Ontario is racking up 3000+ a day. Lockdowns work so well. f**king joke for 1%.
Yeah... it’s just over two weeks since your lockdown began. You’re going to be right at the peak of infected cases now, that’s how this thing works.
Liberal Canada has had precautionary measures in place since March with several lockdowns and this thing is still here.
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 12713
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by message #2527204 »

C69 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:13 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:05 pm
CM11 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:06 pm We peaked nearly a week ago. Half the cases we reported in the last seven days were actually from the previous week because our reporting system creaked and broke over the Christmas period.

For example, we reported 12k cases in the last two days despite only 8k testing positive in that period.
We should all be passing the peak now. In the UK tier 4 was imposed almost everywhere before Christmas.
As the vaccine rolls out it will prevent hospitalisation for covid. Everyone over the age of 50 has been offered the flu jab this year... and hand washing and mask wearing has greatly reduced flu spread anyway.
Sorry but if you looked at the modelling, we are not passing the North West and are not expected to reach peak for at least another week.
It's carnage up here and is hetting worse.
I've seen both the modelling and the actual figires for the North West and live bed occupancy for wards and Critical Care. A few North West hospitals have over 50% bed occupancy with Covid.


Nowhere near reaching a peak.
The big bottle neck is discharge a massive isaue and headache.
Sorry, I meant in new infections.

How come you can't discharge patients? Is this the usual lack of social care in the community?
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 12713
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by message #2527204 »

badmannotinjapan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:23 pm
guy smiley wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:31 am
badmannotinjapan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 am Been in lockdown since December 26th and Ontario is racking up 3000+ a day. Lockdowns work so well. f**king joke for 1%.
Yeah... it’s just over two weeks since your lockdown began. You’re going to be right at the peak of infected cases now, that’s how this thing works.
Liberal Canada has had precautionary measures in place since March with several lockdowns and this thing is still here.
It's never going away either. Hopefuly vaccines will work, and it just becomes a seasonal thing. If we keep doing the asks and handwashing etc, it may replace flu ... otherwise we have both each year.
quarter2four
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:20 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by quarter2four »

danny_fitz wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:38 pm
CM11 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:06 pm We peaked nearly a week ago. Half the cases we reported in the last seven days were actually from the previous week because our reporting system creaked and broke over the Christmas period.

For example, we reported 12k cases in the last two days despite only 8k testing positive in that period.
My folks live in a tiny village of about 30 people in West Clare, the pandemic had kind of passed them by up until Christmas when their neighbours had all their kids, grandkids and inlaws around for the holidays. Cue the whole house getting infected and my 70+ year old parents hiding.
Was a huge mistake allowing people to travel for Christmas. People should have been told to stay with their household. Maybe an exception made for people living on their own.
ovalball
Posts: 12002
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by ovalball »

C69 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:13 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:05 pm
CM11 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:06 pm We peaked nearly a week ago. Half the cases we reported in the last seven days were actually from the previous week because our reporting system creaked and broke over the Christmas period.

For example, we reported 12k cases in the last two days despite only 8k testing positive in that period.
We should all be passing the peak now. In the UK tier 4 was imposed almost everywhere before Christmas.
As the vaccine rolls out it will prevent hospitalisation for covid. Everyone over the age of 50 has been offered the flu jab this year... and hand washing and mask wearing has greatly reduced flu spread anyway.
Sorry but if you looked at the modelling, we are not passing the North West and are not expected to reach peak for at least another week.
It's carnage up here and is hetting worse.
I've seen both the modelling and the actual figires for the North West and live bed occupancy for wards and Critical Care. A few North West hospitals have over 50% bed occupancy with Covid.


Nowhere near reaching a peak.
The big bottle neck is discharge a massive isaue and headache.
I've been monitoring my immediate vicinity quite closely. The last two days has seen several localities have a fall in the weekly rate - and others with a slowing down in the increase. Overall though, the county, Hampshire, is still on the rise - too early to tell but maybe some hope of the restrictions having an effect here.

Just to note - today's stats are for the week ending 7th Jan.

This is a very useful site if you want to look more closely at your locality https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map
User avatar
badmannotinjapan
Posts: 5827
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by badmannotinjapan »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:44 am
badmannotinjapan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 am f**king joke for 1%.
Yeah man, Fuck that 1%

:|
Have you got a cure for the flu? Cancer? The common cold Dr Faucci?
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 12713
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by message #2527204 »

quarter2four wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:27 pm
danny_fitz wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:38 pm
CM11 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:06 pm We peaked nearly a week ago. Half the cases we reported in the last seven days were actually from the previous week because our reporting system creaked and broke over the Christmas period.

For example, we reported 12k cases in the last two days despite only 8k testing positive in that period.
My folks live in a tiny village of about 30 people in West Clare, the pandemic had kind of passed them by up until Christmas when their neighbours had all their kids, grandkids and inlaws around for the holidays. Cue the whole house getting infected and my 70+ year old parents hiding.
Was a huge mistake allowing people to travel for Christmas. People should have been told to stay with their household. Maybe an exception made for people living on their own.
People would have gone anyway - it's christmas.
User avatar
badmannotinjapan
Posts: 5827
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by badmannotinjapan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:11 am
badmannotinjapan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 am Been in lockdown since December 26th and Ontario is racking up 3000+ a day. Lockdowns work so well. f**king joke for 1%.
Your govt was arguably 9 months too late. Lockdowns work if government's have the courage to go early and go hard. If they have the courage to ignore the naysayers who will make every excuse in the book to delay or avoid lockdowns.
Yup, Sits While He Pees and his/they/zher government were too busy announcing a 50/50 cabinet rather than launching an action plan.
bimboman
Posts: 67467
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by bimboman »

User avatar
badmannotinjapan
Posts: 5827
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by badmannotinjapan »

message #2527204 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:26 pm
badmannotinjapan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:23 pm
guy smiley wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:31 am
badmannotinjapan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 am Been in lockdown since December 26th and Ontario is racking up 3000+ a day. Lockdowns work so well. f**king joke for 1%.
Yeah... it’s just over two weeks since your lockdown began. You’re going to be right at the peak of infected cases now, that’s how this thing works.
Liberal Canada has had precautionary measures in place since March with several lockdowns and this thing is still here.
It's never going away either. Hopefuly vaccines will work, and it just becomes a seasonal thing. If we keep doing the asks and handwashing etc, it may replace flu ... otherwise we have both each year.
Exactly so are we now to accept that airlines are simply going to cease operating and we're completely f**ked for travel in which case, half the world is f**ked?
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 12713
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by message #2527204 »

bimboman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:42 pm Some improving news.

https://twitter.com/timspector/status/1 ... 0024368129
Aoart from the NW, as mentioned by C69 :frown:
User avatar
Enzedder
Posts: 20207
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by Enzedder »

bimboman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 pm
Enzedder wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:33 am
message #2527204 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:30 am
Being a few islands in the arse end of nowhere, NZ had done remarkably well.
It will be a difficult sell, once the vaccine comes along, that you will then have to ease the lockdown and allow people to die of covid.
Covid was here and was taking hold but both the Government and the population got stuck in to fix it.

Easing of covid restrictions will depend on our health system being able to cope with expected numbers of any outbreak. That will be driven by vaccination numbers I guess.


“And the population “ :lol:
If you don't believe that the general population play the biggest part in curtailing this disease, I can see why your country is in the poo.

Not going to argue with you but it was a combination of good leadership and strong community belief in the course we are taking that sees us at the beach and you guys stuck in your lounge
bimboman
Posts: 67467
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by bimboman »

Enzedder wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:50 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 pm
Enzedder wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:33 am
message #2527204 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:30 am
Being a few islands in the arse end of nowhere, NZ had done remarkably well.
It will be a difficult sell, once the vaccine comes along, that you will then have to ease the lockdown and allow people to die of covid.
Covid was here and was taking hold but both the Government and the population got stuck in to fix it.

Easing of covid restrictions will depend on our health system being able to cope with expected numbers of any outbreak. That will be driven by vaccination numbers I guess.


“And the population “ :lol:
If you don't believe that the general population play the biggest part in curtailing this disease, I can see why your country is in the poo.

Not going to argue with you but it was a combination of good leadership and strong community belief in the course we are taking that sees us at the beach and you guys stuck in your lounge

https://twitter.com/MattCartoonist/stat ... 0012869634


It was a combination of some good leadership, population density and being geographically remote ffs.

But hey you take the props old man.
bimboman
Posts: 67467
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by bimboman »

User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 12713
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by message #2527204 »

Enzedder wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:50 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 pm
Enzedder wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:33 am
message #2527204 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:30 am
Being a few islands in the arse end of nowhere, NZ had done remarkably well.
It will be a difficult sell, once the vaccine comes along, that you will then have to ease the lockdown and allow people to die of covid.
Covid was here and was taking hold but both the Government and the population got stuck in to fix it.

Easing of covid restrictions will depend on our health system being able to cope with expected numbers of any outbreak. That will be driven by vaccination numbers I guess.


“And the population “ :lol:
If you don't believe that the general population play the biggest part in curtailing this disease, I can see why your country is in the poo.

Not going to argue with you but it was a combination of good leadership and strong community belief in the course we are taking that sees us at the beach and you guys stuck in your lounge
We were at the beach in the summer, dude.
As I said earlier, the biggest thing will be the population accepting that you're going to ease restrictions and let the virus run its course (after the vaccination programme)
bimboman
Posts: 67467
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by bimboman »

And today , we’ve had a senior police officer flanking the Home Secretary explain that his officers will no longer “reason” with the public.

Think on that in regard to the UK and normality.


Will we be told when that “reason” will enter back into our relationship with the police.
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 12713
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: Coronavirus Thread. Virus v humans

Post by message #2527204 »

bimboman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:05 pm And today , we’ve had a senior police officer flanking the Home Secretary explain that his officers will no longer “reason” with the public.

Think on that in regard to the UK and normality.


Will we be told when that “reason” will enter back into our relationship with the police.
They've no duty to reason with you anyway if you're breaking the law. I think polls show that the curtain twitchers on the left, and the flog 'em, hang 'em brigade on the right are well in the majority when it comes to fining and or arresting people who sit on a park bench.
Post Reply