Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:35 pm 

Sigh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs

I won't give in.

Last edited by Troll on Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Star Wars Episode 9
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:53 pm 

Loved the infectious laugh at the end, Star Wars is such fun.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:55 pm 

Looks pretty boring to be honest.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:03 pm 

Pretty good, as teasers go.

I know Last Jedi is hugely divisive, but because of the risks it took, I genuinely have no idea how this movie will play out. For a big franchise, that's pretty rare and exciting.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:13 pm 

Floppykid wrote:

I used to love Star Wars
The Last Jedi is the ONLY Star Wars movie I’ve never seen more than once

This next one doesn’t look much kop either

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:23 pm 

Winnie wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I used to love Star Wars

There was literally nothing of note shown.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:05 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I used to love Star Wars

a Teaser is supposed to show enough to get you excited. But all we had is a dull North by North West rip-off and the usual Nostalgia clips, this time with Lando. I was only slightly pipped by the return of the Emperor. Which only shows how creatively bankrupt the franchaise is which is now even not the money maker it once was.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:10 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I used to love Star Wars

a Teaser is supposed to show enough to get you excited. But all we had is a dull North by North West rip-off and the usual Nostalgia clips, this time with Lando. I was only slightly pipped by the return of the Emperor. Which only shows how creatively bankrupt the franchaise is which is now even not the money maker it once was.

TLJ still made fairly good money didn't it?

But I agree with what your saying. TFA was good enough fun and derivative without being annoying.
Striking out from retreading the originals hasn't worked at all because there's really nothing else to do with the Star Wars story.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:18 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I used to love Star Wars

But I agree with what your saying. TFA was good enough fun and derivative without being annoying.
Striking out from retreading the originals hasn't worked at all because there's really nothing else to do with the Star Wars story.

Lots. But Solo flopped and actually lost money. Something I never thought a Star Wars film could do. The toy line has been in a downward crash as well. It basically sells less than before Disney took over.

I do believe there is lots to do with the Star Wars story. One of the problems is they brought an IP for 4 billion and then weirdly worked on a mixture of wanting to discard both the old fans and old characters but continue to formulate stories based entirely on nostalgia.

It's clear the people in charge are directionless, had no actual new ideas for the franchaise and no understanding of it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:32 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I used to love Star Wars

It made a cool $1.33b which admiitedly was down from the $2b the Force Awakens made.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:21 pm 

The series seem to get worse as it went along, the last one I thought was terrible. Her name should of been Mary Sue instead of whatever it is I do not even remember it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:12 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I used to love Star Wars

I agree, but on the flipside, shouldnt trailers keep spoilers to a minimum?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:46 pm 

Working Class Rugger wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

It made a cool $1.33b which admiitedly was down from the $2b the Force Awakens made.

But that's an exceptional amount and much like Avatar's success, the result of a very specific set of circumstances it would be difficult to replicate. No one should have been expecting TLJ to match TFA.

Solo was decent enough and probably could have cracked $600 or even 700 million if it had been released with more of a gap between it and TLJ. Disney over-reached there. They thought they could follow their Marvel arm and release multiple films a year, but Marvel have never had to follow a film as divisive as TLJ.

Last edited by sockwithaticket on Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:58 pm 

Ross from Friends as the bad guy, really bad casting that ruins it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:01 pm 

quarter2four wrote:
Ross from Friends as the bad guy, really bad casting that ruins it.

Eh?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:04 pm 

sockwithaticket wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

But that's an exceptional amount and much like Avatar's success, the result of a very specific set of circumstances it would be difficult to replicate. No one should have been expecting TLJ to match TFA.

Solo was decent enough and probably could have cracked $600 or even 700 million if it had been released with more of a gap between it and TLJ. Disney over-reached there. They thought they could follow their Marvel arm and release multiple films a year, but Marvel have never had to follow a film as divisive as TLJ.

Solo was a very forgettable film... I wish I could forget I even watched it, but thankfully I don't even recall what the story was except for some guy who wasn't Harrison Ford bumbling his way through some action sequences for some reason and then we see him win the Millennium Falcon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:51 pm 

Saw Solo the other day on Sky. Thought it was alright, not great but a fun watch and something I would have enjoyed going to the cinema and seeing. However I didn't after wasting money on The Last Rian Johnson film (which he doesn't produce himself).

I will definitely not be paying them anymore money at the cinema to see this movie no matter how much they pander by using Skywalker in the title.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:52 am 

It was good to see Lando back, or Oldish Gambino.....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:07 am 

maverickmak wrote:

I know Last Jedi is hugely divisive, but because of the risks it took, I genuinely have no idea how this movie will play out. For a big franchise, that's pretty rare and exciting.

On the other hand it's only that way because the writers cut all the story threads they'd started in the first one so now the plot has no arc and the audience doesn't care what happens

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:39 am 

Floppykid wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Winnie wrote:
I used to love Star Wars

Which is a similar drop for all three trilogies from 1 to 2 even accounting for the fact Force Awakens made crazy silly money.

I see Eldanielfire is still carrying on his war with Star Wars. :lol:

Winnie wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I used to love Star Wars

I don't know how on earth people can sit through the prequels twice and not give TLJ a second watch. You may not like the direction TLJ took but it's superior filmmaking to those dud prequels. People, who talk about the death of Star Wars need to remember that the franchise has already come back from the dead once.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:42 am 

It's a shame we're being pre-conditioned to hate on all things Star Wars.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:15 pm 

Red Letter Media's response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNTLC_uiGFA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:07 pm 

new trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n1T3HxHd7Y

so what's going on at the end there ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:29 pm 

Rogue One was the business and it then all went to shit. I don't think the last two Star Wars are completely awful but tbf the prequels didn't annoy me as much as everybody so I cannot be trusted. I have tried to watch Solo a good few times and I have always ended up picking my hole or something else more exciting. I did watch the end of it the other day while stirring a risotto and it really is shite. It is like they have come up with loads of set pieces, story boarded them and jammed them together with a fück you to a proper narrative. The original main Star Wars used the forest moon or ice planet to further the narrative, plus looked cool, but the newer ones only care about the latter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:38 pm 

Akkerman wrote:
new trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n1T3HxHd7Y

so what's going on at the end there ?

More stupid folding lightsaber Christmas tree action?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:11 pm 

maverickmak wrote:

I think the good side of the force will emerge triumphant but the ending will still leave just enough open to make a fückton of cash in later years.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:14 pm 

Can't wait for this. Loved Force Awakend, loved The Last Jedi.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:20 pm 

Plato'sCave wrote:
maverickmak wrote:

I think the good side of the force will emerge triumphant but the ending will still leave just enough open to make a fückton of cash in later years.

Actually, since the Disney Star Wars started Star Wars merch sales has sunk like lead blocks in water. Lots of analysis says Disney put off the older generation (aided by a media calling them all racist and sexist) and the new Star Wars has not at all insoired a following in the younger generation.

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-decline

What's more the merchandise that still sells is the stuff related to the original films and George Lucas still gets a big cut of those sales (and has the rights to the original films and characters still).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:28 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
maverickmak wrote:

Actually, since the Disney Star Wars started Star Wars merch sales has sunk like lead blocks in water. Lots of analysis says Disney put off the older generation (aided by a media calling them all racist and sexist) and the new Star Wars has not at all insoired a following in the younger generation.

What's more the merchandise that still sells is the stuff related to the original films and George Lucas still gets a big cut of those sales (and has the rights to the original films and characters still).

Well I’d like it if if kylo went back to the good side and Rey turns out to the the emperor and she goes bad and then he cuts her in half and credits roll. That would be nice.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:40 pm 

Chronic timing though with GOT's corpse still twitching.

Perhaps the other way round: she cuts him in half, Empire wins and the whole Zion plot reboot can happen over again in 4 years with that kid from Canto Bight.

Can see it all now, he gazes up longingly at the twin moons but this time it'll be during night. So, so cool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:46 pm 

lemonhead wrote:

Perhaps the other way round: she cuts him in half, Empire wins and the whole Zion plot reboot can happen over again in 4 years with that kid from Canto Bight.

Can see it all now, he gazes up longingly at the twin moons but this time it'll be during night. So, so cool

That would be fine too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:46 pm 

lemonhead wrote:

To be fair, Star Wars beat GOT to the alienating and pissing off your fans with shithousery plot and character developments amid plummeting quality.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:56 pm 

The saga comes to an end.

Not really though will it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:57 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
The saga comes to an end.

Not really though will it.

No-one's ever really gone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:33 pm 

If this movie flops, the makers of Dune should release the trailer amid the controversy and try to hoover up the hype.
Or not, given what a weird culture war the magic laser blade space movies have become.
Stay away from the fallout.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:03 pm 

I'm hyped.

Also saw the trailer for The Mandalorian series. Holy shit. I'll be watching that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:59 am 

Thomas wrote:
I'm hyped.

Also saw the trailer for The Mandalorian series. Holy shit. I'll be watching that.

That series looks awesome, really looking forward to that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:06 am 

ElementFreak wrote:
Thomas wrote:
I'm hyped.

That series looks awesome, really looking forward to that.

I could really do with understanding the history behind Star Wars saga better.
Is this the most efficicent/fun way to do it?
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/First_Order

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:13 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
maverickmak wrote:

Bahahaha, that dude is hilarious. His website and twitter are so hilarious that I think he might be paid by a cabal of film companies to attack Disney (mostly the Star Wars and Marvel parts, I haven't done a deep dive to see whether he hates Pixar and all the Fox stuff). Although TBF he's such a dingbat that I think he may actually be paid by Disney to make all criticism seem stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:53 am 

It's telling that the best bit of the trailer is the first 30 seconds...

And I thought the New Order were light on ships..... :((

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next