Gatland OUT

All things Rugby
eldanielfire

Re: Gatland OUT

Post by eldanielfire »

c69 wrote:How many games has Gats lost?
He's got 100% win record in Super Rugby and just beat the Super Rugby champions The Crusaders 8) .

https://twitter.com/SuperRugby/status/1 ... 6366988294
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Gatland's a great coach. One of the very best.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Is he out yet!
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

eldanielfire wrote:Is he out yet!
Chiefs beat Sunwolves 43-17 today.

So no.
naki

Post by naki »

Looks like there’s still some confusion here, I meant Gatland is OUT looking for a cabinet large enough to hold that awkwardly sized Super Rugby trophy
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

There’s no way he’ll be coaching them next year.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Listen going and training the chiefs was easy rugby. What he needed to do was go to one of the Aussie teams and try and be Billy big balls then
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

So Gatland couldn’t be outdone by Philip Schofield so had to match him. Typical Gatland.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

EverReady wrote:Listen going and training the chiefs was easy rugby. What he needed to do was go to one of the Aussie teams and try and be Billy big balls then

But, he's come home to slow down and retire. Good Waikato man.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

JB1981 wrote:
They win super rugby with Gatland
. They give the job to Enzedder while he is off with the Lions and Enzedder helps them to last place. Then Gatland comes back and wins it again.
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

Anonymous. wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
. They give the job to Enzedder while he is off with the Lions and Enzedder helps them to last place. Then Gatland comes back and wins it again.

I don't want the job - unlike you, I don't know everything
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Enzedder wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
JB1981 wrote:

I don't want the job - unlike you, I don't know everything
You are to kind :blush:
naki

Post by naki »

Enzedder wrote:
EverReady wrote:Listen going and training the chiefs was easy rugby. What he needed to do was go to one of the Aussie teams and try and be Billy big balls then

But, he's come home to slow down and retire. Good Waikato man.
No way, man. Gats on the AB coaching ticket from 2022. In any capacity, maybe not head coach
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Doesn't need to cross the ditch to do that. How about sorting out our own home grown perennial losers the Blues? Never been much of a Gats fan but if he could get them performing he'd be the messiah. Graham Henry is the only coach that has ever had any modicum of success with the once mighty Blues.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

booji boy wrote:
Doesn't need to cross the ditch to do that. How about sorting out our own home grown perennial losers the Blues? Never been much of a Gats fan but if he could get them performing he'd be the messiah. Graham Henry is the only coach that has ever had any modicum of success with the once mighty Blues.
Gatland makes the most of his teams. You don't see the Chiefs playing "Gatland ball", for instance.

That's not their style.

If the All Blacks are struggling with their relatively junior coaching panel, I can see him getting the call up in 2022.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

jdogscoop wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Gatland makes the most of his teams. You don't see the Chiefs playing "Gatland ball", for instance.

That's not their style.

If the All Blacks are struggling with their relatively junior coaching panel, I can see him getting the call up in 2022.
Yes, seeing the start the Chiefs have made to this season I'm starting to become a Gats believer.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

naki wrote:Looks like there’s still some confusion here, I meant Gatland is OUT looking for a cabinet large enough to hold that awkwardly sized Super Rugby trophy
Gatland to break the curse of the naki/Naki. :thumbup:
LandOTurk

Post by LandOTurk »

Fark me. The about turn from the kiwis on Gats now he is home. :lol: :roll:
naki

Post by naki »

LandOTurk wrote:Fark me. The about turn from the kiwis on Gats now he is home. :lol: :roll:
Real heads were celebrating his move as soon as it was announced. He’s an excellent coach, and well suited to the less stressful demands of club rugby (and still the only coach to get Waikato a title in the pro era, which helps).

But Gatland hasn’t always had the best auditions for his dream job over the years, and kiwis don’t forget that. He was particularly tetchy and flustered during the Lions tour, calling into question his temperament for the ABs head coach role which has pressures unlike any other in the entire country.

However I suspect most have come around to him post-Lions tour, when he’s managed to rebuild Wales (again) and prove that the reductive, one-dimensional Warrenball accusation is bollocks and he’s actually a highly adaptable if pragmatic coach.

Still, if he’s behind at half time next week? Gatland OUT :nod:
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

I don't recall too much opprobrium directed at Gatland.

Sure, he was called a bellend by a few Kiwis when he got a bit sensitive on the Lions tour.

Very few would have criticised his coaching skills. It's obvious he took Wales to great new heights.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Gatland out! He's making the Brumbies look like a team that can score from methods other than lineout mauls.
naki

Post by naki »

I’m not watching the game but can confidently state that Gatland is OUT
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

His luck has run out. Gatland out.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

The luck might be back.
Couch

Post by Couch »

fudge u Chiefs fans are fake af
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Wel I did warn you and now he is going to start saying very mean things about everyone. Hurtful things
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

EverReady wrote:Wel I did warn you and now he is going to start saying very mean things about everyone. Hurtful things
Yeah, and that's just naki...
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Flockwitt wrote:
EverReady wrote:Wel I did warn you and now he is going to start saying very mean things about everyone. Hurtful things
Yeah, and that's just naki...
Exactly :lol:
eugenius

Post by eugenius »

O U T
naki

Post by naki »

This is like that version of Revolution where John Lennon can’t make up his mind and shouts “OUT!” then mutters “in” under his breath
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

eugenius wrote:O U T

Hell no. One win against the Crusaders entitles him to 2 free losses.

eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

He's already take a shite international team and take them to success with Wales. He's nothing to prove taking the 3rd bes kiwi team upwards.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

eldanielfire wrote:
He's already take a shite international team and take them to success with Wales. He's nothing to prove taking the 3rd bes kiwi team upwards.
Another home loss and couldn't even beat the Hurricanes who lost to the lowly Blues the week before. Gatland's shortcomings as a coach, so long masked over by the mediocrity of the Six Nations, are being cruelly exposed in the white hot furnace of Super Rugby.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

booji boy wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Another home loss and couldn't even beat the Hurricanes who lost to the lowly Blues the week before. Gatland's shortcomings as a coach, so long masked over by the mediocrity of the Six Nations, are being cruelly exposed in the white hot furnace of Super Rugby.
Fire him and send him back please
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

booji boy wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
And he brought that NH whinge about the ref shtick after the game as well.

Gatland OUT!
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

Well, we won't see him as a Soup coach again until 2022 now (I hope)
naki

Post by naki »

Gatland OUT of the Xmas party invite, and probably the will
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

The emperor has no clothes.

Hilarious that his negative, defensive side had just kicked them to a miserable 6 Nations style lead with a drop goal then his own son snatched it back off them with a drop goal. :lol:
Yourmother

Post by Yourmother »

And beaten by his son :lol:
Clive

Post by Clive »

Must be real good having rugby back in NZ.