Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Gatland OUT
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:28 pm 

Kahu wrote:
Well technically he isn't. He came off the bench in the last and most important test of 2019. I think Foster might have painted himself into a corner by prematurely naming Cane as AB captain.

He started the last game. He came off the bench in the previous one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:35 pm 

That's right I forgot about the 3rd place game.

I really feel for Sam. He earnt Richies jersey and I think he would have made a better AB captain than Read. To have the crowning moment of your career ripped away by a coach having a crisis of confidence is heartbreaking. Same with Beaudy I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:23 am 

Kahu wrote:

I really feel for Sam. He earnt Richies jersey and I think he would have made a better AB captain than Read. To have the crowning moment of your career ripped away by a coach having a crisis of confidence is heartbreaking. Same with Beaudy I guess.

Hansen f**ked up that world cup....in fact he screwed up the entire final year of his reign. Huge black mark on his credentials. Shouldn't have been knighted imo. He inherited a team Henry built and basically ran it into the ground. Fact.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:40 am 

True Blue wrote:
Kahu wrote:

Hansen f**ked up that world cup....in fact he screwed up the entire final year of his reign. Huge black mark on his credentials. Shouldn't have been knighted imo. He inherited a team Henry built and basically ran it into the ground. Fact.

While I 100% agree with the sentiment, can we get back to putting the boot into Gatland please?

Gatland OUT!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:32 am 

Kahu wrote:

Do you mean with Barrett moving to fullback? I would argue the crisis of confidence/head in the sand approach from the coaching team (Hansen and Foster) is the reason he kept his spot at first-five as long as he did. For me not starting Cane in the semi was the wrong decision but promoting Mo’unga to starting 10 was the right decision, just 12 months too late.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:15 am 

Yes bloody Hansen. Shows loyalty to so many players over the course of his reign, but arguably the one moment Ben Smith has a rare drop in form, he drops him. 80+ tests and you drop the guy in a world cup year. Not saying we would've beaten an incredible English performance in that semi, but dropping the worlds best fullback out of you team, in favour for what was effectively an experiment? Sickening!

/bitter southern man.

Anywho, Chiefs will come right under Gatland - no evidence, just a feeling. If a couple more things went their way then they could be in a much more decent position. Until then, it gives my Highlanders some team to beat...sorry!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:10 am 

Anyone else think gatland is making an effort to moan less to the media? I mean, he has had the most reason to but the last couple of games he’s been reasonably diplomatic.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:15 am 

Well, with one game left this weekend against the in form and bye rested Hurricanes in Wellington. The question is will the Chiefs fall to an inglorious winless season?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:17 am 

I’d be a bit gutted if they break their streak on us.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:15 am 

Wilderbeast wrote:
I’d be a bit gutted if they break their streak on us.

As a Crusaders fan I felt the same heading into the game at the weekend. It was like the streak against the Australian sides a few years ago. There is pressure not to be the ones to spoil it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:10 am 

Remember when Gats broke both his legs falling off that ladder? I'd like to shake that ladder's hand.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:13 am 

naki wrote:
Remember when Gats broke both his legs falling off that ladder? I'd like to shake that ladder's hand.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:16 am 

naki wrote:

No need to step up the jokes here.

I guess he doesn't know how to climb every ladder.

Its important to rise above these kind of jokes.

He really can't afford to miss a step.

shit, sorry.

Last edited by HouseOfPane on Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:22 am 

UncleFB wrote:
naki wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:24 am 

EverReady wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
naki wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:46 pm 

naki wrote:

He didn't fall. The ladder threw him off because he coached the Lions against the beloved ABs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:57 am 

Hopeless.

He's out next year and should only return in 2022 if next year's coach had a worse record.

How did this plonker get a good rep up north?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:03 am 

Look the man has a proven pedigree bar none. You just have to show a little patience. Gatland just needs a little time to reflect and he'll be back in 2021 stronger than ever. Just you wait and see where he's at when next year's season is over. Then you can judge.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:09 am 

Flockwitt wrote:
Look the man has a proven pedigree bar none. You just have to show a little patience. Gatland just needs a little time to reflect and he'll be back in 2021 stronger than ever. Just you wait and see where he's at when next year's season is over. Then you an judge.

Nah he's coaching the Lions to n 2021. Not back til 2022. Probably not back at all.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:23 am 

Flockwitt wrote:
Look the man has a proven pedigree bar none. You just have to show a little patience. Gatland just needs a little time to reflect and he'll be back in 2021 stronger than ever. Just you wait and see where he's at when next year's season is over. Then you can judge.

:? :uhoh:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:48 pm 

It’s ok, bro. Gats has a cunning plan

Quote:
Warren Gatland's struggling Chiefs could be rescued by stunning Owen Farrell and Maro Itoje signings

Love it. The Chiefs screeching at every line out, smirking at every haka, forcing NZR to go bankrupt paying for their personal properties under the table.

THIS is how you destroy a culture from within. THIS is how you get back at them for the clown cartoon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:53 am 

I could barely muster the energy to post in this thread.

Gatland OUT!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:58 am 

NH posters are able to point to his record of success up there. But the reality is that any player or coach is only as good as their last performance. And they are accountable for every performance. Warren Gatland has just coached the Chiefs to a winless season in Super Rugby Aotearoa. Sure I get it's a tough, intense competition and I get he's new, but a winless season is a winless season. And given he is taking a sabbatical next year to coach the Lions, if I was a Chiefs fan I would be really angry and annoyed. He needs to stay in Hamilton and fix the mess he created. Or he needs to quit and let a decent coach sort things out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:09 am 

It seems so long ago now but he had the chiefs doing alright before going north didn’t he? He got smashed in a final on SA, I know that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:10 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
NH posters are able to point to his record of success up there. But the reality is that any player or coach is only as good as their last performance. And they are accountable for every performance. Warren Gatland has just coached the Chiefs to a winless season in Super Rugby Aotearoa. Sure I get it's a tough, intense competition and I get he's new, but a winless season is a winless season. And given he is taking a sabbatical next year to coach the Lions, if I was a Chiefs fan I would be really angry and annoyed. He needs to stay in Hamilton and fix the mess he created. Or he needs to quit and let a decent coach sort things out.

Agreed. Yes you could say that the Chiefs risked this when they appointed him, but you have to deal with what's in front of you now. The Chiefs will both need to,and want to, fix this ASAP, and their coach skipping a year is not what they need.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:19 am 

Wilderbeast wrote:
It seems so long ago now but he had the chiefs doing alright before going north didn’t he? He got smashed in a final on SA, I know that.

Wasn't that Ian Foster?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:24 am 

Yeah I'm pretty sure that it was. So that belongs in the 'Foster OUT' thread.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:43 am 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Anyone who votes/voted for Foster needs their head read. Speaking from experience (as a couch potato), the guy is full of it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:59 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:

Wasn't that Ian Foster?

You’re right. Did he ever coach the chiefs? I’m sure he coached Waikato at some point.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:03 am 

Wilderbeast wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:

Wasn't that Ian Foster?

You’re right. Did he ever coach the chiefs? I’m sure he coached Waikato at some point.

ITM Cup level, not Super Rugby. He's a good Six Nations coach but not up to Super Rugby standard let alone Super Rugby Aotearoa.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:46 am 

HouseOfPane wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Agreed. Yes you could say that the Chiefs risked this when they appointed him, but you have to deal with what's in front of you now. The Chiefs will both need to,and want to, fix this ASAP, and their coach skipping a year is not what they need.

If it keeps their wage bill down whilst there's less income it might be exactly what they need

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7