Twist In The Barani

All things Rugby
globus

Re: Twist In The Barani

Post by globus »

I really don't want to go down this route fellas.

I suppose I could put up my CV but the vultures would just get their beaks in.

Just let it be, what it it is. Banter.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

globus wrote:I really don't want to go down this route fellas.

You said you weren't sure if you were the first because your memory is a bit hazy. Hopefully you can remember when you were at uni (you are not obliged to tell me or anyone).

If it was before 1st April 1979 then, you sir, achieved the feat of the first ever bungee jump.
globus

Post by globus »

BokJock wrote:

You said you weren't sure if you were the first because your memory is a bit hazy. Hopefully you can remember when you were at uni (you are not obliged to tell me or anyone).

If it was before 1st April 1979 then, you sir, achieved the feat of the first ever bungee jump.
That's "Fools Day"! I was born in 1949 on the same day as Sigourney Weaver.

I don't think so. There were loads of lunatics before me.

I'd really like this to drift into the ocean. I can do nothing to prove it.

Back then, you did these things. That's it.

Can we kindly draw the line now.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

globus wrote: That's "Fools Day"! I was born in 1949 on the same day as Sigourney Weaver.

That is rather the point though, back then people didn't do those things - not back in the late 60's anyway
HKCJ

Post by HKCJ »

Globbys lies were so much better when they were half believable and v difficult to disprove. Sadly he jumped the shark years ago
A5D5E5

Post by A5D5E5 »

HKCJ wrote:Globbys lies were so much better when they were half believable and v difficult to disprove. Sadly he jumped the shark years ago
About 15 years before Henry Winkler did. Apparently.
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

globus wrote:
BokJock wrote:

So you wrote gags for the Goon Show at the age of 11 or younger. Impressive :thumbup:
globus

Post by globus »

Here's another.

I was running a "Customer Care" course in a hotel in Maidstone.

We had a "meeting and greeting" session when the attendees were allocated their teams. "Red" Blue" Yellow" and "Green".

Admin had mucked this up. We had a significant increase in those attendees and instead of doing the admin that day, I had to do the talking.

Panic. What do we do? We need another team.

I whizzed out to the local supplies place and bought some white plastic tiles, which I pared down.

Apart from the fact I had to remove loose change from a board member's pockets as he used to fiddle with them during the introductions (like a ferret down his trousers) the greeting did not go well.

As the attendees came to the assembly room to be told of the teams they were in, I was shouting "Green", etc.

I got to direct another set. "The Whites" are over there. And two black people who entered the room were a bit confused.

Had a lovely chat with them at lunchtime and they thought it hilarious. I was in a bit of a cold sweat beforehand.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

danny_fitz wrote:
globus wrote:
BokJock wrote:

So you wrote gags for the Goon Show at the age of 11 or younger. Impressive :thumbup:
Boasted about doing cryptic crosswords at the age 5 a couple of weeks back. At least that was a new one!
Anyway, he's going to draw a line now.........and hopefully disappear again for a while
ScarfaceClaw

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

globus wrote:Here's another.

We had a "meeting and greeting" session when the attendees were allocated their teams. "Red" Blue" Yellow" and "Green".

Admin had mucked this up. We had a significant increase in those attendees and instead of doing the admin that day, I had to do the talking.

I whizzed out to the local supplies place and bought some white plastic tiles, which I pared down.

Apart from the fact I had to remove loose change from a board member's pockets as he used to fiddle with them during the introductions (like a ferret down his trousers) the greeting did not go well.

As the attendees came to the assembly room to be told of the teams they were in, I was shouting "Green", etc.

I got to direct another set. "The Whites" are over there. And two black people who entered the room were a bit confused.

Had a lovely chat with them at lunchtime and they thought it hilarious. I was in a bit of a cold sweat beforehand.
I don’t even know where to start.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

ScarfaceClaw wrote:

I don't know why you (and others) bother.

This Walter Mitty troll draws you all in like bees to a honeypot.
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

I just find it incredibly perplexing that someone would go to such an effort to lie the whole time for no notable gain.

It's a weird investment of time.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

feckwanker wrote:I just find it incredibly perplexing that someone would go to such an effort to lie the whole time for no notable gain.

He forgets half of it because of the Alzheimer's and the other half is forgotten because he's two sheets to the wind posting it.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

booji boy wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

I don't know why you (and others) bother.

This Walter Mitty troll draws you all in like bees to a honeypot.
It's actually quite sad and says a fair bit more about them than it does the perpetrator.
These are supposedly adults chasing a 70+ year old around the internet like a pack of dogs, thinking they're "proving something", they could be forgiven for doing it once or twice but then after some time and I mean some considerable time, to continuously hound someone like this really does get one asking the question...what is wrong with them?
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

feckwanker wrote:I just find it incredibly perplexing that someone would go to such an effort to lie the whole time for no notable gain.

And yet here you are
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

jambanja wrote:

And yet here you are
As are you.

It's not the first time by a long way that you've done this. We're all creatures of habit I suppose
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Double
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

happyhooker wrote:
jambanja wrote:

And yet here you are
As are you.

It's not the first time by a long way that you've done this. We're all creatures of habit I suppose
Call me Don Quixoti
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

jambanja wrote:

And yet here you are
And look at you White Knighting as per...

Do you actually believe it says more about someone calling out a habitual attention seeking liar than being a habitual attention seeking liar?

He clearly craves attention and gets it. It's not as if there are mobs with torches and pitchforks on his front lawn (despite repeated invites) so what's it to you?

Que "living rent free in your head" retort :roll:
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

RuggaBugga wrote:
jambanja wrote:

And yet here you are

Do you actually believe it says more about someone calling out a habitual attention seeking liar than being a habitual attention seeking liar?

He clearly craves attention and gets it. It's not as if there are mobs with torches and pitchforks on his front lawn (despite repeated invites) so what's it to you?

Another of my fans, how cute, you and Big Nipper huh, nice
eugenefraxby

Post by eugenefraxby »

Tit ⬆️
ScarfaceClaw

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

I didn’t think it was possible but this thread has gone even more left field.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

jambanja wrote:It's actually quite sad and says a fair bit more about them than it does the perpetrator.
These are supposedly adults chasing a 70+ year old around the internet like a pack of dogs, thinking they're "proving something", they could be forgiven for doing it once or twice but then after some time and I mean some considerable time, to continuously hound someone like this really does get one asking the question...what is wrong with them?
You play golf don't you? I was a member of a golf forum for many years and there was a guy named Larryrsf (he lived in the Rancho Santa Fe area of San Diego) who used to always troll the forum with constant grandiose claims of his golfing ability, swing tips, great scores he'd shot at the weekend etc. He claimed to be a 6 handicap but made the mistake of posting a swing video of himself once and it was painfully obvious he was more like a 20 capper. :lol: He was also in his seventies and semi retired. All his posts became instant classics spanning many pages. Posters just couldn't resist responding to him and shooting down his lies. It almost ruined the forum because any thread he participated in ended up in a shitfight between him and the rest. I googled him and found that he had posted on virtually every golf forum in the known universe. On most of those other forums he had either been banned or was was on the brink of being banned. An absolute master troll who just knew how to reel in and flame the other posters.

Many of us questioned why a semi retired guy in his seventies would want to spend all his time trolling golf forums but that's how he got his kicks I guess. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

At least Globus stays out of rugby threads.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

booji boy wrote:
jambanja wrote:It's actually quite sad and says a fair bit more about them than it does the perpetrator.
You play golf don't you? I was a member of a golf forum for many years and there was a guy named Larryrsf (he lived in the Rancho Santa Fe area of San Diego) who used to always troll the forum with constant grandiose claims of his golfing ability, swing tips, great scores he'd shot at the weekend etc. He claimed to be a 6 handicap but made the mistake of posting a swing video of himself once and it was painfully obvious he was more like a 20 capper. :lol: He was also in his seventies and semi retired. All his posts became instant classics spanning many pages. Posters just couldn't resist responding to him and shooting down his lies. It almost ruined the forum because any thread he participated in ended up in a shitfight between him and the rest. I googled him and found that he had posted on virtually every golf forum in the known universe. On most of those other forums he had either been banned or was was on the brink of being banned. An absolute master troll who just knew how to reel in and flame the other posters.

Many of us questioned why a semi retired guy in his seventies would want to spend all his time trolling golf forums but that's how he got his kicks I guess. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

At least Globus stays out of rugby threads.
Thinly veiled 'I know Donald Trump' post
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

jambanja wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
jambanja wrote:

And yet here you are

Another of my fans, how cute, you and Big Nipper huh, nice
Oh we got a twist. Good one Nathan Einstein.
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Jabanja, shouldn't you be posting quirky pics on the Greta thread?

Every time you are confronted with your shite posting you resort to "oh cute, another fan"

Chickenrunners are the worst
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

jambanja wrote: Look at me I got a boat full derpy derp derp
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

So we have the serial fantasist, the people who poke fun at him, and the people who feel compelled to show their bemusement at the people who poke fun at him. I'm probably biased but it's the middle lot who seem to have the most fun.
blindcider

Post by blindcider »

fatcat wrote:So we have the serial fantasist, the people who poke fun at him, and the people who feel compelled to show their bemusement at the people who poke fun at him. I'm probably biased but it's the middle lot who seem to have the most fun.
As I said before i don't actually care whether this story is true or not, I want more details goddammit as it has the elements of a fun story.

Its certainly better than yet another thread about politics/religion/Ireland or backrow asking for 'petrol-head' advice on which Vauxhall wheeled white goods he should buy next
Lemoentjie

Post by Lemoentjie »

jambanja wrote: It's actually quite sad and says a fair bit more about them than it does the perpetrator.
Completely agree. As if it's cool or big to try and make a fool of a 70+ year old man. It's comparable to Trump hating Bloomberg simply because he has more money than him.
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

Lemoentjie wrote:
jambanja wrote: It's actually quite sad and says a fair bit more about them than it does the perpetrator.
Completely agree. As if it's cool or big to try and make a fool of a 70+ year old man. It's comparable to Trump hating Bloomberg simply because he has more money than him.
Do you know what comparable means?
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

RuggaBugga wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
Do you know what comparable means?
:lol:
backrow

Post by backrow »

all this 'he's just harmless stuff' was where I was at too, until he threatened to release my private & financial data that he obtained from a CV I foolishly sent him a decade ago when I was going for a role at Santander, where he claimed to know people. At the time I took him at face value and being a good rugby man, thought it might help.
Not only did he provide nothing of help whatsoever, he used this repeatedly in threats made to me on here, direct and oblique, which PR strangely seems to condone & accept.

The man is a genuine, bona fide weapons grade cnut in real life.
inactionman

Post by inactionman »

Lemoentjie wrote:
I think many people would just prefer it all stops, as it is remarkably distracting in a thread. It's akin to the pub bore shouting over the top of every conversation.

Yes, we can ignore or block, but that is in itself distracting. Granted, holding to account isn't proving too successful either.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

fatcat wrote:So we have the serial fantasist, the people who poke fun at him, and the people who feel compelled to show their bemusement at the people who poke fun at him. I'm probably biased but it's the middle lot who seem to have the most fun.
Indeed Fatcat - we are all here wasting time while we should be working. It is just a fun way to get through the drudgery. I certainly hope no one is taking this all too seriously.

It is like our version of Would I Lie to You.

Globus plays his part well - Long live Globus
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Don't forget the people winding up the bemused. That's the real fun.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

backrow wrote:all this 'he's just harmless stuff' was where I was at too, until he threatened to release my private & financial data that he obtained from a CV I foolishly sent him a decade ago when I was going for a role at Santander, where he claimed to know people. At the time I took him at face value and being a good rugby man, thought it might help.
Not only did he provide nothing of help whatsoever, he used this repeatedly in threats made to me on here, direct and oblique, which PR strangely seems to condone & accept.

Was aware he had threatened to release your details but wasn't aware how he obtained them. That is really low. It was his behaviour in the whole Dewet Pisser, Indonesian prison fighting fund episode that I thought showed his true colours. An attention seeking twat who feigned concern and a genuine desire to help initially but in the end did absolutely nothing to help. A complete plum.
backrow

Post by backrow »

booji boy wrote:
backrow wrote:all this 'he's just harmless stuff' was where I was at too, until he threatened to release my private & financial data that he obtained from a CV I foolishly sent him a decade ago when I was going for a role at Santander, where he claimed to know people. At the time I took him at face value and being a good rugby man, thought it might help.

Was aware he had threatened to release your details but wasn't aware how he obtained them. That is really low. It was his behaviour in the whole Dewet Pisser, Indonesian prison fighting fund episode that I thought showed his true colours. An attention seeking twat who feigned concern and a genuine desire to help initially but in the end did absolutely nothing to help. A complete plum.
yup, I am solely to blame for my own predicament. I wonder if I had dialled Yeeb down a bit to my more normal real life manner, would I have been exempt from such threats - sadly, as you saw on the Dewet thread, I think not.

I got it mixed up with reality a bit because (back when my bro worked for D&WP) I got REFRY's CV and genuinely tried to help him with some course / Unemployed retraining thing, only we found out you can't help in other geographical areas in that way.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Did he ever release your information?
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Big Nipper wrote:Jabanja, shouldn't you be posting quirky pics on the Greta thread?

Every time you are confronted with your shite posting you resort to "oh cute, another fan"

Chickenrunners are the worst
I’ve done it twice, in about 10 years, but carry on

As for chicken running, the main reason I came to NZ was because of my children’s future, they were 6 and 4 when we got here, they have become adults in a true democracy and have learnt that their vote can make a difference, I wonder if you will be able to say the same
They grew up without experiencing power cuts, shortages, well apart from their first 4-6 years, where they experienced all that and more
So when it comes to chicken running, best thing I ever did so if that the worst then very happy about that, thanks