England v Ireland warm up thread

All things Rugby
polyallstar

Re: England v Ireland warm up thread

Post by polyallstar »

Joost wrote:This made me laugh at the time, Itoje made a massive nuisance of himself all game...

It's annoying there isn't full footage of this, cant believe none of the cameras were watching?
nardol

Post by nardol »

polyallstar wrote:
Joost wrote:This made me laugh at the time, Itoje made a massive nuisance of himself all game...

It's annoying there isn't full footage of this, cant believe none of the cameras were watching?
To pretend the English are better than the French in this regard is just silly
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

I’ve noticed in the last two or three years that main cameras tend to pan away from the biff but odd that no review was even attempted.

Just finished extended highlights of this game, young Genge won’t get away with driving at those angles for long. At one point he’s pushed so far in Underhill is almost in the LH position.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Crash_12 wrote:I’ve noticed in the last two or three years that main cameras tend to pan away from the biff but odd that no review was even attempted.

Just finished extended highlights of this game, young Genge won’t get away with driving at those angles for long. At one point he’s pushed so far in Underhill is almost in the LH position.
You are Wyn Jones, and I claim my free pints of beer for that claim!
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

polyallstar wrote:

There is an annoying amount of so called clear-out around the rucks which are border line or plain illegal, with players taking away guys who do not intend to commit to the ruck. This needs to be cracked down, and I wonder if this picture is no related to this type of behaviour.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Crash_12 wrote:I’ve noticed in the last two or three years that main cameras tend to pan away from the biff but odd that no review was even attempted.

That's what happens when the tight head folds in...
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Da iawn diolch wrote:
nardol wrote:
Da iawn diolch wrote:We're rapidly approaching 48hrs since the match, with apparently no citing for James Ryan coming.

Is the commissioner hiding behind the on-field inadequacy of Peyper, and backing him up?
Are we seeing a repeat of past Irish favouritism?
What message would a failure to cite for several dangerous clearouts send to players next weekend?
Post a gif of something dangerous or gtfo
HTH

Shoulder to the head of a prone player nowhere near the ball: https://twitter.com/Smallclone_/status/ ... 8946678784

Shoulder directly to the head of a player contesting a maul with a tucked arm: https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/sta ... 5646362626

Both potential red card offences.

I'm sorry that you missed them the first time around. :thumbup:
Kid A :lol:
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

JM2K6 wrote:

That’s one interpretation, yes.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Crash_12 wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

Peyper is just a shocking ref. The whole world knew it was a straight penalty against Genge for an illegal bind for the first collapse. Peyper bottles of and gives a free kick to Ireland. Genge then goes into the next two scrums at 45 degrees and Peyper pretends he doesn’t see it, then to top it all off gives the penalty to England.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

How much of a fanny do you have to be to think those Ryan clear outs are reds?
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Floppykid wrote:How much of a fanny do you have to be to think those Ryan clear outs are reds?
Two labia and a hint of clitoris.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

DragsterDriver wrote:
Floppykid wrote:How much of a fanny do you have to be to think those Ryan clear outs are reds?
Two labia and a hint of clitoris.
Big throbbing penis sized clitoris.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

Peyper is just a shocking ref. The whole world knew it was a straight penalty against Genge for an illegal bind for the first collapse. Peyper bottles of and gives a free kick to Ireland. Genge then goes into the next two scrums at 45 degrees and Peyper pretends he doesn’t see it, then to top it all off gives the penalty to England.
:lol:
piquant

Post by piquant »

Crash_12 wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

Is another Underhill was moving up to his opposite number? 'cause there were a few scrums that happened
Munster-fogs

Post by Munster-fogs »

Da iawn diolch wrote:
nardol wrote:
Da iawn diolch wrote:We're rapidly approaching 48hrs since the match, with apparently no citing for James Ryan coming.

Is the commissioner hiding behind the on-field inadequacy of Peyper, and backing him up?
Are we seeing a repeat of past Irish favouritism?
What message would a failure to cite for several dangerous clearouts send to players next weekend?
Post a gif of something dangerous or gtfo
HTH

Shoulder to the head of a prone player nowhere near the ball: https://twitter.com/Smallclone_/status/ ... 8946678784

Shoulder directly to the head of a player contesting a maul with a tucked arm: https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/sta ... 5646362626

Both potential red card offences.

I'm sorry that you missed them the first time around. :thumbup:
Would you fudge off with your red card offences. There's nothing in either of them.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Azlan Roar wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

JM2K6 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

eldanielfire wrote:
Azlan Roar wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
HKCJ

Post by HKCJ »

JM2K6 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:English players did seem to be doing a lot of niggle all game, trying to hold on to Irish players beyond the ruck
Not much sign of a ruck in that photo taken after Itoje was dumped to the floor by two Irish players off the ball...
I thought you were talking rubbish when this happened and it’s good to have that confirmed after the BBC showed the footage from a different angle in the Itoje interview just now. I suggest you give it another watch JM.
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

HKCJ wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:English players did seem to be doing a lot of niggle all game, trying to hold on to Irish players beyond the ruck
Not much sign of a ruck in that photo taken after Itoje was dumped to the floor by two Irish players off the ball...
I thought you were talking rubbish when this happened and it’s good to have that confirmed after the BBC showed the footage from a different angle in the Itoje interview just now. I suggest you give it another watch JM.
ITV but you’re spot on otherwise.
HKCJ

Post by HKCJ »

polyallstar wrote:

Have a look at the interview with Itoje in today’s warmup. They show the full incident from a much better angle. Itoje being an irritating twat as was thought (his initial competition for the ball is fine it’s the bit after that’s not)
HKCJ

Post by HKCJ »

Crash_12 wrote:
HKCJ wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
ITV but you’re spot on otherwise.
Sorry yeah ITV. :thumbup:
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Sorry, what am I supposed to be looking at?