Wallabies 2020 thread

All things Rugby
towny
Posts: 18337
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by towny »

UncleFB wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:56 pm
Farva wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:39 pm
towny wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:39 pm
Farva wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:35 pm Towny wants to drop the current John Eales medalist to get more reds in the team.

If we are dropping someone it’s Paisami for Petaia. I think that is reasonable, but what I would do is keep the backline as is and bring Petaia in at 23.
He is t Bradman. He might be one day but he has a handful of tests.
Bradman was Bradman before he played any tests. Petaia has played enough for anyone with half a rugby brain to know how freaky he is.

Anyway, until half way through the second half you wanted Kyle Godwin in the team...... please. What happened to your new found humility?

Daugunu, Paisami or Koroibette have to miss out. I rate them all very highly! Petaia is a better centre/winger than all of them. By miles. Maybe this weekend Petaia can play from the bench..... but the game after that he is 100% in the team.

You’ll be back on the humble pie soon enough. 😉
I have no issue easing Petaia into our longterm 13. He is a great player. If you are going to drop one of those three you mentioned, it would be madness to drop Korebeite. He is the current John Eales medalist, and has been in form. So do you drop Daugunu or Paisami? If push came to shove it would be Paisami, but all three played well enough to keep their spot - Petaia goes to the bench.
I still think Godwin had a better season than Paisami at super level. Did you watch him, I watched both? His stats are better too... ;)
But I was happy that Paisami had a good game on the weekend.

And for every Bradman, you get 10 Rodzillas (talked up as the next big thing, turn out to be shite). And lets tone down the hyperbole, Petaia is a great player but better than Horan (possibly the best centre to ever play the game), your dreaming.
Someone actually said that? That's dumber than the NZ fans who apparently gave themselves lobotomies and then declared BB was better than Carter.
Have you seen Petaia play yet?
towny
Posts: 18337
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by towny »

I think it’s time to get our fcuk on.
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 4554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Ellafan »

Olo wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 pm He has to be in the 23. I would put him on the bench in place of Lolesio. He will not be needed this week. It’s no place for a very young 10 to debut, especially when we already have 2 10s on the park.
JP needs to go injury free for a while so absolutely no need to push him. 20-30 minutes this week will be enough.
I think I said that, and was told I was a cunt. Hopefully you'll get some more traction.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 11955
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Ellafan wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:26 pm
Olo wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 pm He has to be in the 23. I would put him on the bench in place of Lolesio. He will not be needed this week. It’s no place for a very young 10 to debut, especially when we already have 2 10s on the park.
JP needs to go injury free for a while so absolutely no need to push him. 20-30 minutes this week will be enough.
I think I said that, and was told I was a cunt. Hopefully you'll get some more traction.
Pretty much what I said too. Although I also said maybe he won't even be on the bench. But maybe he will start instead of Paisami. Who knows what Rennie is thinking? We will probably find out within the next 24.

Personally, I think that having him on the bench and subbing him in for 30 makes sense. Paisami should not lose his position after that performance. Team continuity and showing belief and trust in your players, so important. Let Petia show that he should start with his time on the field. Give Paisami a chance to defend his spot. Thats the way to do it. :thumbup:
towny
Posts: 18337
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by towny »

It’s Petaia’s spot. Paisami is just filling in while he’s out.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 16682
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Zakar »

One of the most positive things I've seen from the Wallabies this week is that they didn't celebrate the draw. NRMA rates it a 6/10 and went over quite a lot they had to improve.

They have heaps to improve on, which makes me think/hope this wasn't just a flash in the pan.
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 16555
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Thomas »

Word has it 4 changes to the team.

Out:

Faingaa
Samu
Lolesio
Valetini

In:

BPA
Hanigan
Wright
Petaia
towny
Posts: 18337
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by towny »

Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:59 am Word has it 4 changes to the team.

Out:

Faingaa
Samu
Lolesio
Valetini

In:

BPA
Hanigan
Wright
Petaia
Is this real or did you just run with the changes I’d make?
Hang on. Samu?!!
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 11955
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

towny wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:41 pm It’s Petaia’s spot. Paisami is just filling in while he’s out.
Maybe. Let those two sort it out on the field. That's the only way to fly imho.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 11955
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

towny wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:02 am
Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:59 am Word has it 4 changes to the team.

Out:

Faingaa
Samu
Lolesio
Valetini

In:

BPA
Hanigan
Wright
Petaia
Is this real or did you just run with the changes I’d make?
Hang on. Samu?!!
Were you not one of those laughing at me for speculating that Hanigan would get selected?

I get confused, it happens so often that I pick things to howls of laughter from the PR cliche only to be eventually proved right. I might be confusing this time with my previous comments on Tupou, Hodge or Wilson.
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 5784
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Olo »

SAMU must be injured.
Wright at 6 and Wilson to 8.


Hannigan in?
LSL to 6 when Simmons comes on and Hannigan injury cover
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 11955
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Certainly seems odd that Samu would not be in the squad. He was quiet last game but didn't do anything to warrant losing his place.

Maybe it was always the plan to rotate a few regardless?
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 5784
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Olo »

They are certainly addressing the line out.

Wright is a gun. Hannigan is pretty good there too. Faingaa......well, he didn’t look injured?
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 11955
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Olo wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:23 am They are certainly addressing the line out.

Wright is a gun. Hannigan is pretty good there too. Faingaa......well, he didn’t look injured?
That does seem likely now you mention it. Although BPA is the worst-throwing hooker in Australian rugby. I guess Uelese is going to start with BPA as a back-up. He won't let us down around the park anyway.

I'm very surprised they didn't stick with Fainga'a, despite his sub-par performance in Bledisloe 1.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 16682
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Zakar »

Olo wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:23 am They are certainly addressing the line out.

Wright is a gun. Hannigan is pretty good there too. Faingaa......well, he didn’t look injured?
Faainga looked fat, off the pace and overwhelmed.

I've got a theory about Hookers. It's like Biathlon. Not the shitty version of triathlon, but the Bond villian training sport.

You've got to work like a f**king dog, doing the tough stuff in tight, then all of a sudden calm the fudge down and throw a perfect pass in a high pressure situation. The fitter you are, the more you'll recover in the 30 seconds you get to set the lineout and the calmer you'll be for your throw.

It's also why I think someone like Eddie Jones will try someone like a 9 throwing the lineout at some stage.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 16682
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Zakar »

Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:59 am Word has it 4 changes to the team.

Out:

Faingaa
Samu
Lolesio
Valetini

In:

BPA
Hanigan
Wright
Petaia
Guessing:

BPA - 16
Hanigan - 20
Wright - 6
Petaia - 13
User avatar
kiap
Posts: 19723
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by kiap »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 am
towny wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:02 am
Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:59 am Word has it 4 changes to the team.

Out:

Faingaa
Samu
Lolesio
Valetini

In:

BPA
Hanigan
Wright
Petaia
Is this real or did you just run with the changes I’d make?
Hang on. Samu?!!
Were you not one of those laughing at me for speculating that Hanigan would get selected?

I get confused, it happens so often that I pick things to howls of laughter from the PR cliche only to be eventually proved right. I might be confusing this time with my previous comments on Tupou, Hodge or Wilson.
Well, young Mog, you might be on the money! Indeed 'twas me who bagged Hanigan ...

Still, I'm not ordering the 'umble pie as the bloke is rumoured to be at 6. :) I therefore still maintain he ain't no lock.

BPA at 2, incumbents dropped + Wright and Petia brought on to the pine.

WALLABIES (likely): 15. Tom Banks 14. Filipo Daugunu 13. Hunter Paisami 12. Matt To’omua 11. Marika Koroibete 10. James O’Connor 9. Nic White 8. Harry Wilson 7. Michael Hooper (captain) 6. Ned Hanigan 5. Matt Philip 4. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto 3. Taniela Tupou 2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa 1. James Slipper.

RESERVES: 16. Jordan Uelese 17. Scott Sio 18. Allan Alaalatoa 19. Rob Simmons 20. Liam Wright 21. Jake Gordon 22. Reece Hodge 23. Jordan Petaia.

firewall at terrorgraph
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 16682
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Zakar »

Where is this rumour from?

Edit. Never mind, opened my eyes.
User avatar
Bindi
Posts: 7143
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Plum

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Bindi »

Weird selections.
User avatar
Bindi
Posts: 7143
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Plum

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Bindi »

Cheika-esque chopping and changing even.

All good if it works, of course.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 11955
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

kiap wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:54 am
Mog The Almighty wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 am
towny wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:02 am
Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:59 am Word has it 4 changes to the team.

Out:

Faingaa
Samu
Lolesio
Valetini

In:

BPA
Hanigan
Wright
Petaia
Is this real or did you just run with the changes I’d make?
Hang on. Samu?!!
Were you not one of those laughing at me for speculating that Hanigan would get selected?

I get confused, it happens so often that I pick things to howls of laughter from the PR cliche only to be eventually proved right. I might be confusing this time with my previous comments on Tupou, Hodge or Wilson.
Well, young Mog, you might be on the money! Indeed 'twas me who bagged Hanigan ...

Still, I'm not ordering the 'umble pie as the bloke is rumoured to be at 6. :) I therefore still maintain he ain't no lock.

BPA at 2, incumbents dropped + Wright and Petia brought on to the pine.

WALLABIES (likely): 15. Tom Banks 14. Filipo Daugunu 13. Hunter Paisami 12. Matt To’omua 11. Marika Koroibete 10. James O’Connor 9. Nic White 8. Harry Wilson 7. Michael Hooper (captain) 6. Ned Hanigan 5. Matt Philip 4. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto 3. Taniela Tupou 2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa 1. James Slipper.

RESERVES: 16. Jordan Uelese 17. Scott Sio 18. Allan Alaalatoa 19. Rob Simmons 20. Liam Wright 21. Jake Gordon 22. Reece Hodge 23. Jordan Petaia.

firewall at terrorgraph
So is this is just some hack at the terrorgraph speculating, or is it a leak from the Wallaby camp?
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 11955
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Mog The Almighty »

P.S. I did actually make a match thread, in case it was missed ...
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 5784
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Olo »

Zakar wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:50 am
Olo wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:23 am They are certainly addressing the line out.

Wright is a gun. Hannigan is pretty good there too. Faingaa......well, he didn’t look injured?
Faainga looked fat, off the pace and overwhelmed.

I've got a theory about Hookers. It's like Biathlon. Not the shitty version of triathlon, but the Bond villian training sport.

You've got to work like a f**king dog, doing the tough stuff in tight, then all of a sudden calm the fudge down and throw a perfect pass in a high pressure situation. The fitter you are, the more you'll recover in the 30 seconds you get to set the lineout and the calmer you'll be for your throw.

It's also why I think someone like Eddie Jones will try someone like a 9 throwing the lineout at some stage.
Hookers these days need to be a prop/flanker hybrid. They also need to be able to throw into the lineout and scrum as a third prop.

Uelese made 11 tackles with none missed, a breakdown turnover and a lot of good clean outs in his 20 odd minutes. He was third on the tackle count after Hooper and Samu. FF had 5 tackles and 2 missed. Get Jordans throwing tuned in and he is the guy. Watch the replay from 60 minutes on and just follow him.
Bring Latu back if he’s sober and these two can take us forward.
User avatar
kiap
Posts: 19723
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by kiap »

^ Panda at the Tele
Mog The Almighty wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:10 am P.S. I did actually make a match thread, in case it was missed ...
Still rumours so we can move there when a team is put out, p'raps..
towny
Posts: 18337
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by towny »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 am
towny wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:02 am
Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:59 am Word has it 4 changes to the team.

Out:

Faingaa
Samu
Lolesio
Valetini

In:

BPA
Hanigan
Wright
Petaia
Is this real or did you just run with the changes I’d make?
Hang on. Samu?!!
Were you not one of those laughing at me for speculating that Hanigan would get selected?

I get confused, it happens so often that I pick things to howls of laughter from the PR cliche only to be eventually proved right. I might be confusing this time with my previous comments on Tupou, Hodge or Wilson.
Maybe. But I do that. Remember that time we told you that Oz sprinter looked like a man?!! 😂
Offline I thought he should be in the team. He’s a good selection in this side.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 16682
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Zakar »

Bindi wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:07 am Cheika-esque chopping and changing even.

All good if it works, of course.
GENIUS if it works.

If it works we'll commission a 100ft statue of Rennie combing Nic Whites moustache and errect it on Middle Head, staring out at Enzed.
towny
Posts: 18337
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by towny »

It’s not chopping much:
- Lolesio didn’t get on so swapping him out with Rugby Jesus isn’t unsettling anything.
- FF stank like an unwashed arse. BPA can’t be worse. Plus, he’s a champ.
- Valetini came on and shit himself. Wright will be better if he has a quiet game.
- Samu did a fair bit of work....

The structure of attack won’t change. Defence must be adapt with Hanigan in for Samu. That’s the only impact to continuity.

Shane Valetini and Samu didn’t take their chance.
grievous
Posts: 11767
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Tahstown

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by grievous »

Olo wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 am SAMU must be injured.
Wright at 6 and Wilson to 8.


Hannigan in?
LSL to 6 when Simmons comes on and Hannigan injury cover
Just why Hannnigan
towny
Posts: 18337
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by towny »

grievous wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:35 pm
Olo wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 am SAMU must be injured.
Wright at 6 and Wilson to 8.


Hannigan in?
LSL to 6 when Simmons comes on and Hannigan injury cover
Just why Hannnigan
He’s been playing well.
User avatar
Slim 293
Posts: 5604
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya plum

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Slim 293 »

towny wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:27 pm - FF stank like an unwashed arse. BPA can’t be worse. Plus, he’s a champ.

BPA was the worst lineout thrower in Super Rugby Au...
User avatar
Slim 293
Posts: 5604
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya plum

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Slim 293 »

towny wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:45 pm
grievous wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:35 pm
Olo wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 am SAMU must be injured.
Wright at 6 and Wilson to 8.


Hannigan in?
LSL to 6 when Simmons comes on and Hannigan injury cover
Just why Hannnigan
He’s been playing well.

Not anywhere near as well as any of the other backrower options in the squad though...

And if the Wallabies had issues shifting bodies at the ruck last week, they've brought in the wrong man.
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 16555
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Thomas »

Slim 293 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:57 pm
towny wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:27 pm - FF stank like an unwashed arse. BPA can’t be worse. Plus, he’s a champ.

BPA was the worst lineout thrower in Super Rugby Au...
Lineouts depend on two things.

The thrower being accurate and the lifters doing their job.

Maybe Rennie has seen enough to give him a crack. Faingaa is a hot mess at lineout time and Ulesese can only play for 25 minutes.
User avatar
Slim 293
Posts: 5604
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya plum

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Slim 293 »

Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:00 pm
Slim 293 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:57 pm
towny wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:27 pm - FF stank like an unwashed arse. BPA can’t be worse. Plus, he’s a champ.

BPA was the worst lineout thrower in Super Rugby Au...
Lineouts depend on two things.

The thrower being accurate and the lifters doing their job.

Maybe Rennie has seen enough to give him a crack. Faingaa is a hot mess at lineout time and Ulesese can only play for 25 minutes.
Indeed, but despite Faingaa's all round terrible game last week... he's a far more accurate thrower than BPA.

They might be better off just having the winger throw it in?
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 5784
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Olo »

Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:00 pm
Slim 293 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:57 pm
towny wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:27 pm - FF stank like an unwashed arse. BPA can’t be worse. Plus, he’s a champ.

BPA was the worst lineout thrower in Super Rugby Au...
Lineouts depend on two things.

The thrower being accurate and the lifters doing their job.

Maybe Rennie has seen enough to give him a crack. Faingaa is a hot mess at lineout time and Ulesese can only play for 25 minutes.
Both BPA and FF look like they are playing in slow motion in test rugby. JU was regularly doing 60-65 mins for the Rebs.
User avatar
wamberal
Posts: 904
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by wamberal »

Bindi wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:07 am Cheika-esque chopping and changing even.

All good if it works, of course.
Cheika? Who's he?
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 16555
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Thomas »

Olo wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:00 pm
Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:00 pm
Slim 293 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:57 pm
towny wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:27 pm - FF stank like an unwashed arse. BPA can’t be worse. Plus, he’s a champ.

BPA was the worst lineout thrower in Super Rugby Au...
Lineouts depend on two things.

The thrower being accurate and the lifters doing their job.

Maybe Rennie has seen enough to give him a crack. Faingaa is a hot mess at lineout time and Ulesese can only play for 25 minutes.
Both BPA and FF look like they are playing in slow motion in test rugby. JU was regularly doing 60-65 mins for the Rebs.
BPA hasn't played a test match since 2018. Have you seen him play this season? He plays like a large openside flanker.
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 5784
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Olo »

Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:57 pm
Olo wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:00 pm
Thomas wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:00 pm
Slim 293 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:57 pm
towny wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:27 pm - FF stank like an unwashed arse. BPA can’t be worse. Plus, he’s a champ.

BPA was the worst lineout thrower in Super Rugby Au...
Lineouts depend on two things.

The thrower being accurate and the lifters doing their job.

Maybe Rennie has seen enough to give him a crack. Faingaa is a hot mess at lineout time and Ulesese can only play for 25 minutes.
Both BPA and FF look like they are playing in slow motion in test rugby. JU was regularly doing 60-65 mins for the Rebs.
BPA hasn't played a test match since 2018. Have you seen him play this season? He plays like a large openside flanker.
Yeah. I’m not unhappy with his selection and his combo with TT will help. Hope his throwing is on.
User avatar
Olo
Posts: 5784
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Lutra

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Olo »

Is Samu injured?

I quite like the changes. Perform or be replaced. I think both FF and Valentini fall into this bracket. It’s healthy to have competition for spots where a game or two can make the difference. Rennie is laying down the rules for his squad.
Ned Hannigan is a bit of a rock mover and excellent in the lineout. Hopefully Liam Wright gets a good amount of time. He looks like a test type player and future captain.
User avatar
Slim 293
Posts: 5604
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya plum

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by Slim 293 »

Olo wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:02 am Ned Hannigan is a bit of a rock mover...

Let me stop you there...

If I were paying someone to move rocks... it wouldn't be Ned Hanigan.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 19642
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Wallabies 2020 thread

Post by shanky »

Slim 293 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:06 am
Olo wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:02 am Ned Hannigan is a bit of a rock mover...

Let me stop you there...

If I were paying someone to move rocks... it wouldn't be Ned Hanigan.
He’s quick with a good motor.

Getting to the breakdown was the issue last week, not rock-moving while there.
Too many unsupported runners.
Post Reply