Non-Vintage 6N: The Orcs Vs Injury hit Wayuls - Match fred

All things Rugby
kiwigreg369

Re: Non-Vintage 6N: The Orcs Vs Injury hit Wayuls - Match fr

Post by kiwigreg369 »

England looking a bit amateurish here - Marko in self isolation for CONV19.
LandOTurk

Post by LandOTurk »

Reports that Biggar, Navidi, North and Liam to play against England.
blindcider

Post by blindcider »

LandOTurk wrote:Reports that Biggar, Navidi, North and Liam to play against England.
The arrogance of Wales to only pick 4 players... they are clear favourites
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

kiwigreg369 wrote:England looking a bit amateurish here - Marko in self isolation for CONV19.
No need to add risk by bringing him in.
Apparently Sarries have seen fit to allow him to train.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

message #2527204 wrote:
kiwigreg369 wrote:England looking a bit amateurish here - Marko in self isolation for CONV19.
Imagine them not following protocols...
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

LandOTurk wrote:Reports that Biggar, Navidi, North and Liam to play against England.
1/2p, North and Sanjay as our back 3. What can possibly go wrong
C69

Post by C69 »

DragsterDriver wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Imagine them not following protocols...
He may play for Sarries at the weekend

:uhoh:
henry

Post by henry »

Raggs wrote:
henry wrote:England aren’t very good and are appalling under pressure.

If we can play at 75% of our potential and stay within touching distance with 20 to go, I’ll fancy our chances.

That said, we’re playing at less than 50% of our potential at the moment and if injuries denude of a world class 10 and two Lions quality wingers, could be a tough day at the office. Decent development opportunity nonetheless.
Can I get some percentages on this please? Or are we not very good at 100% (and what's our percentage in terms of potential as well), in which case, I just need to know what % we lose from that with the pressure.

Will there be pressure from the start of the game, or only if Wales are winning?
No problem.

When England are at 100% of their potential, they are a decent side as they proved by catching an undercooked NZ on the hop at the RWC. Free from expectation, the boys in white put in a very impressive performance and were well worth their win.

However, the burden of expectation can weigh heavy on Farrell and co. One only has to look at the final, where pressure and the prospect of a career-defining victory strangled the side and they managed to play only at 90% of their potential and got battered by a battle-hardened SA.

Similar dynamics have been at play in the 6N. The Saes don’t like it up ‘em. They crumbled against Scotland at home last season as soon as the Jocks got their dander up and started playing half decent rugby. Same goes against Wales in Cardiff last season. And, of course, at the 2015 RWC. I don’t know if it’s a soft underbelly or a lack of match intelligence but they struggle to close out games in the crucible of high pressure test match rugby.

Then again, there’s not much riding on this game - dead championship in most respects - so expect them to play with a little more freedom and composure.

A 90% England at home should beat a 50% Wales. I think.
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

Can't argue with science.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

henry wrote:
Raggs wrote:

If we can play at 75% of our potential and stay within touching distance with 20 to go, I’ll fancy our chances.

That said, we’re playing at less than 50% of our potential at the moment and if injuries denude of a world class 10 and two Lions quality wingers, could be a tough day at the office. Decent development opportunity nonetheless.
Can I get some percentages on this please? Or are we not very good at 100% (and what's our percentage in terms of potential as well), in which case, I just need to know what % we lose from that with the pressure.

Will there be pressure from the start of the game, or only if Wales are winning?
No problem.

When England are at 100% of their potential, they are a decent side as they proved by catching an undercooked NZ on the hop at the RWC. Free from expectation, the boys in white put in a very impressive performance and were well worth their win.

However, the burden of expectation can weigh heavy on Farrell and co. One only has to look at the final, where pressure and the prospect of a career-defining victory strangled the side and they managed to play only at 90% of their potential and got battered by a battle-hardened SA.

Similar dynamics have been at play in the 6N. The Saes don’t like it up ‘em. They crumbled against Scotland at home last season as soon as the Jocks got their dander up and started playing half decent rugby. Same goes against Wales in Cardiff last season. And, of course, at the 2015 RWC. I don’t know if it’s a soft underbelly or a lack of match intelligence but they struggle to close out games in the crucible of high pressure test match rugby.

Then again, there’s not much riding on this game - dead championship in most respects - so expect them to play with a little more freedom and composure.

Let's see how many you hook with that bait H
Jeff the Bear

Post by Jeff the Bear »

AND-y wrote:Can't argue with science.
I think Henners is 100% right a 50% of the time.
bessantj

Post by bessantj »

I just hope Wales put in the effort, if they do that and lose well then that's fair enough.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Frodder wrote:
henry wrote:
Raggs wrote:

No problem.

Let's see how many you hook with that bait H
Well that's like blasting an airhorn just behind an angler who's just cast out.

(Which can be remarkably amusing and end up with your mate falling in a river)
The Man Without Fear

Post by The Man Without Fear »

AND-y wrote:Can't argue with science.
There are massive threads about climate change that would say different.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

henry wrote:
Raggs wrote:

No problem.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Can I ask what's been holding back Wales from even getting to 75% of their potential (which in theory is world cup winning levels, if I've got the maths more or less right).
bessantj

Post by bessantj »

Raggs wrote:
henry wrote:
Raggs wrote:

No problem.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Can I ask what's been holding back Wales from even getting to 75% of their potential (which in theory is world cup winning levels, if I've got the maths more or less right).
COVID-19
sockwithaticket

Post by sockwithaticket »

Clive

Post by Clive »

Navidi Back at 6 will be a huge boost, I would put Tips at 7 and Moriarty at 8, Toby is not playing well, England should be huge favourites for this 15 20 point margin, but they do have the knack of collapsing, Wales will need to put the chances they are creating away, if they don't then England will just out power them.
slick

Post by slick »

happyhooker wrote:My 350ml hipflask is more than sufficient
Indeed!
Plato'sCave

Post by Plato'sCave »

sockwithaticket wrote:
He should have retired a while ago.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Plato'sCave wrote:
sockwithaticket wrote:
Correct, it's irresponsible playing him now.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

slick wrote:
happyhooker wrote:My 350ml hipflask is more than sufficient
Indeed!
Anything that got us through that game is a miracle worker
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

Clive wrote:Navidi Back at 6 will be a huge boost
Back was more of a 7 and, historically, more of an English type.
The Man Without Fear

Post by The Man Without Fear »

Well, this is the first 6N match I will be attending live since that lunatic match vs France in 2015. Hope it's as entertaining.
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

Derwyn wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
terryfinch wrote:Going to Twickers for this. 8)
I may have just wangled a ticket too - find out tomorrow. If so, think I'll go to the women's game at the stop beforehand
Not my cup of tea the wimmins game but I'm sure they do some nice draught in the Stoop.
If you mean 'nice draught' to be a fetid pint of yeasty bag lady c*nt juice then you are right.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

The Man Without Fear wrote:Well, this is the first 6N match I will be attending live since that lunatic match vs France in 2015. Hope it's as entertaining.
2015 - shit that was some final day. The best finale of any 5/6Ns
MrDominator

Post by MrDominator »

Will the 'Welsh' boys know which anthem to sing?
Spoiler: show
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Sympathy bump
MrDominator

Post by MrDominator »

Things have come to a fine pass when an England-Wales thread is struggling to muster more posts than a Scotland-France one.

Only 2 pages so far...

We'd be in double figures if the Welsh were confident.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Or if this 6 Nations was a vintage one
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

iarmhiman wrote:Or if this 6 Nations was a vintage one
Correct, CVOID-19 has meant reduced post. For shame :thumbup:
New guy

Post by New guy »

MrDominator wrote:Things have come to a fine pass when an England-Wales thread is struggling to muster more posts than a Scotland-France one.

Only 2 pages so far...

We'd be in double figures if the Welsh were confident.
It's the least important Wales V England game since 2007. Nothing at stake really.
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

Meh.
Clive Simms

Post by Clive Simms »

What's the u20s score?
C69

Post by C69 »

Really do not care a feck about this game.

Meh
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

Wales U20’s winning :!:

5-14 HT
Druid

Post by Druid »

Crash_12 wrote:Wales U20’s winning :!:

5-14 HT
:shock: :shock:
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

Welsh 9 doesn’t even know the rules :x
Plato'sCave

Post by Plato'sCave »

Well done dragon eggs. :thumbup:
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

Frodder wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
sockwithaticket wrote:
Correct, it's irresponsible playing him now.
That's putting it mildly :((

I don't know how a player; with his history, & so obviously sparked out last time out, can be back available for selection.