https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51785729
'Rugbys Grandad Slams Market for Attempted Cock Gobbling'
message #2527204

Re: Marler felt AWJ's penis on camera

Post by message #2527204 »

c69 wrote:
tc27 wrote:Yeah he will cop a ban..a bit shit for Harlequins
The TMO should have sorted this out.
Ffs AWJ even asked the touch judge about it.
Marler is properly f**ked now.
Apt.
Keith

Post by Keith »

I'm loving the Celts going full retard over this :lol:
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

Keith wrote:I'm loving the Celts going full retard over this :lol:
Your man is getting banned and you lot are going to squeal and squeal :lol:
Torquemada 1420

Post by Torquemada 1420 »

Black Mac jokingly said on the match thread that if you did that in the pub, you'd be facing a sexual assault charge.

Thing is he is correct in today's climate. It was retarded from Marler but between he, Sinckler and Farrell, Eng have 3 players who are liable to cost Eng when it matters.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Black Mac jokingly said on the match thread that if you did that in the pub, you'd be facing a sexual assault charge.

Thing is he is correct in today's climate. It was retarded from Marler but between he, Sinckler and Farrell, Eng have 3 players who are liable to cost Eng when it matters.
That "if you did the same thing in a...." argument is utter bullshit, as pointed out several times on this thread already
message #2527204

Torquemada 1420 wrote:

If you headbutt someone in the face in the pub you'd probably be in trouble too.
Off to mumsnet for you all.
Keith

Post by Keith »

AND-y wrote:
Not as much as you lot :lol: Enjoy your moral victory, we'll take the actual victory
tc27

Post by tc27 »

AND-y wrote:
Wont effect England...next weeks game is off and even if it wasnt Mako would be available.
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

Keith wrote:
AND-y wrote:
Not as much as you lot :lol: Enjoy your moral victory, we'll take the actual victory
Seems you got the moral v as well. Playing 18 or 19 men all day!
Lemoentjie

Post by Lemoentjie »

Torquemada 1420 wrote:

So what? If you rugby tackled someone in a pub you could be facing an assault charge. Different context.
Torquemada 1420

Keith wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

That "if you did the same thing in a...." argument is utter bullshit, as pointed out several times on this thread already
Why don't you try it? Or in the workplace (assuming you have a job).

That sort of "lad" behaviour will fly when it's between consenting friends.

Wonder what the view would be had it been a female player rather than AWJ.
Keith

Post by Keith »

So not grasping the idea of context at all then? Good to know
message #2527204

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Keith wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

So you admit it's acceptable. Fair enough. Now stop the foolish whataboutery.
Torquemada 1420

message #2527204 wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Keith wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

So you admit it's acceptable. Fair enough. Now stop the foolish whataboutery.
You getting a bit of the Keith dims too? Let me help you in case only half your brain cells engage this early on a Sunday. AWJ complained on the field of play and has done so post match. It's all over the press (and that really helps the image of the game, eh?).
I think even your hard of thinking moment can eventually grasp (ha ha) that AWJ was not consenting.

And, to be clear. I am framing this in the context of current cultural and legal societal norms and therefore the wisdom of Marler's behaviour. We are not living in the 1970s. That is not a personal preference observation, but a fact.
Last edited by Torquemada 1420 on Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Jesus you're dull
Gwenno

Post by Gwenno »

Remember the 'bag snatching' incident? Swansea v The Wallabies in the 90s, wasn't it?
Yourmother

Post by Yourmother »

DragsterDriver wrote:
Yourmother wrote:Just to be facetious...

But boss yes I did grab her ass/cleared her out/dump tackled her/ran over her at the watercooler, but I wasn’t rough ... so I insist you severely temper any punishment
Dumb argument, it’s not a standard workplace- rugby is a string of criminal offences. Marler is fûcked without resorting to this nonsense.

Both he and AWJ have played their last 6n.
:lol: :lol: yep, can’t fault that sound logic.
Gwenno

Post by Gwenno »

Gwenno wrote:Remember the 'bag snatching' incident? Swansea v The Wallabies in the 90s, wasn't it?
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... a-12109067
Found it, Neath 92
Joost

Post by Joost »

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Keith wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

My view would probably be ‘why the f%ck was there a female player on the field during a men’s match’

I’m going to just go ahead and assume that all the posters whining about this as assault (rather than finding it mildly amusing but accepting that Marler is probably going to get a sanction) are backs.
J Man

Post by J Man »

If I did this to a woman at work while rubbing my cock up against her, it would be considered sexual assault.
Gospel

Post by Gospel »

I think Marler will cop a ban for this as rightly so. He loves a bit of a wind-up. Alun-Whinge did well not to react.
Torquemada 1420

Joost wrote:My view would probably be ‘why the f%ck was there a female player on the field during a men’s match’

I’m going to just go ahead and assume that all the posters whining about this as assault (rather than finding it mildly amusing but accepting that Marler is probably going to get a sanction) are backs.
1) See rugby transgender thread...........

2) What if it was an official?

3) And, again, I am not whining. I've made it perfectly clear that this is all in the context of current societal trends including legal. Marler knows that (you'd f**king hope) as well as anyone which makes his actions even more bizarre.

Anyway, we'll see the outcome from any rugby enquiry into this to know which side of the debaters here are correct.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Can I just point out that in my workplace it’s not uncommon for somebody to ‘hold your bag sir’ as a surprise.
Torquemada 1420

Kaplan's view in the Torygraph
I actually felt two other men in white could also have spent 10 minutes in the sin-bin.

The first was Joe Marler, for making contact with Alun Wyn Jones’s nether regions. There was a lot of amusement on social media following the incident, and it was clearly done in a light-hearted manner, but that is not the sort of behaviour World Rugby would want to see on a rugby pitch.

I wrote earlier this week about how backchat to referees was eroding the values of the game, and I would put this in the same category.

This may sound like it’s taking the whole incident a little too seriously, but as a referee you have a duty to uphold the spirit of the game. Contextually, imagine if this was swept under the carpet and everyone started doing it. Good luck with trying to manage that!

As such I believe that TMO Jonker should have taken action and instructed O’Keefe, who understandably did not see the incident, to take another look on the big screen. If he had done then I think a yellow card would have been the right call.

That said, you do need to take the nature of the incident into account when considering if any further sanction should be taken against Marler. World Rugby’s laws state a minimum 12-week ban for ‘grabbing, twisting or squeezing’ the testicles, but I think they refer to a far more serious offence - one where you intend to hurt your opponent, which was not the case here.

I also thought Owen Farrell could have gone for a series of infringements in the first 24 minutes of the game. The first was for pushing North after the Welshman knocked on close to the line, resulting in some handbags. It was needless. He pushed North again as he was following up a kick-chase (barely a couple of minutes after O'Keefe had warned him) and was finally penalised for being caught on the wrong side. Part of the art of being a good Test referee is knowing when to upgrade a sanction for the benefit of the game, and despite having a reasonably good outing in this Test, I thought this was an area where O'Keefe could improve.
message #2527204

Torquemada 1420 wrote:Kaplan's view in the Torygraph
I actually felt two other men in white could also have spent 10 minutes in the sin-bin.

The first was Joe Marler, for making contact with Alun Wyn Jones’s nether regions. There was a lot of amusement on social media following the incident, and it was clearly done in a light-hearted manner, but that is not the sort of behaviour World Rugby would want to see on a rugby pitch.

I wrote earlier this week about how backchat to referees was eroding the values of the game, and I would put this in the same category.

This may sound like it’s taking the whole incident a little too seriously, but as a referee you have a duty to uphold the spirit of the game. Contextually, imagine if this was swept under the carpet and everyone started doing it. Good luck with trying to manage that!

As such I believe that TMO Jonker should have taken action and instructed O’Keefe, who understandably did not see the incident, to take another look on the big screen. If he had done then I think a yellow card would have been the right call.

That said, you do need to take the nature of the incident into account when considering if any further sanction should be taken against Marler. World Rugby’s laws state a minimum 12-week ban for ‘grabbing, twisting or squeezing’ the testicles, but I think they refer to a far more serious offence - one where you intend to hurt your opponent, which was not the case here.

I also thought Owen Farrell could have gone for a series of infringements in the first 24 minutes of the game. The first was for pushing North after the Welshman knocked on close to the line, resulting in some handbags. It was needless. He pushed North again as he was following up a kick-chase (barely a couple of minutes after O'Keefe had warned him) and was finally penalised for being caught on the wrong side. Part of the art of being a good Test referee is knowing when to upgrade a sanction for the benefit of the game, and despite having a reasonably good outing in this Test, I thought this was an area where O'Keefe could improve.
A yellow card? :lol:
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

For grabbing a lads nob who doesn't want it grabbed. This is why Brexit happened
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

Did Kid A post his usual gif to aid the post-game discussion?
Double

Post by Double »

J Man wrote:If I did this to a woman at work while rubbing my cock up against her, it would be considered sexual assault.
If you just put in a solid hit with arms properly wrapped would the HR manager wave it as play on?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

J Man wrote:It's all going to be swept under the carpet then.
Now then now then
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Yourmother wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:There's a law regarding grabbing the genetils that sets the low end at 12 weeks right?
Or was that twitter fake news?
It talks about grabbing, twisting, squeezing etc - ie roughness. I think a half decent lawyer could argue out of that one.

I'm all for shithousery being punished - I was pleased Farrell was penalised for it - but I would be pretty annoyed if that specific law was applied here.

That isn't to say he shouldn't be punished in some way.
Grabbing, twisting OR squeezing.

Did he grab?
Did he squeeze?

That’s 2/3 when only 1 required. Plus it’s clearly deliberate.

You’re the only clown bringing roughness as a criteria.
I was sure he squeezed with the thumb and forefinger
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

tc27 wrote:Yeah he will cop a feel..a bit shit for Harlequins
Done that already
Yourmother

Post by Yourmother »

Anonymous. wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:There's a law regarding grabbing the genetils that sets the low end at 12 weeks right?
Or was that twitter fake news?
It talks about grabbing, twisting, squeezing etc - ie roughness. I think a half decent lawyer could argue out of that one.

I'm all for shithousery being punished - I was pleased Farrell was penalised for it - but I would be pretty annoyed if that specific law was applied here.

That isn't to say he shouldn't be punished in some way.
Grabbing, twisting OR squeezing.

Did he grab?
Did he squeeze?

That’s 2/3 when only 1 required. Plus it’s clearly deliberate.

You’re the only clown bringing roughness as a criteria.
I was sure he squeezed with the thumb and forefinger
He did
Doc Rob

Post by Doc Rob »

The interview with AWJ afterwards was brilliant - kept a perfect poker face. ‘Could you be more specific?’
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

I was laughing my ass off at it at the time, but the more I think about it the more I reckon he needs to cop a ban. Trying to goad another player into punching you isn’t part of the game - if you want a fight, have a fight, not a feel.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Biffer29 wrote:I was laughing my ass off at it at the time, but the more I think about it the more I reckon he needs to cop a ban. Trying to goad another player into punching you isn’t part of the game - if you want a fight, have a fight, not a feel.
Be interesting what everyone’s reaction on here would be if TMO had recommended and he got a straight red for the grab.
Rugby2023

Post by Rugby2023 »

Torquemada 1420 wrote:

Farrell is far more likely to win a match for England than lose one, he's going to break 1,000 test points soon.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Keith wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

Throw someone to the ground, and then neck roll them in the pub, and see how that goes.
Glaston

Post by Glaston »

Biffer29 wrote:I was laughing my ass off at it at the time, but the more I think about it the more I reckon he needs to cop a ban. Trying to goad another player into punching you isn’t part of the game - if you want a fight, have a fight, not a feel.

Hmm what happened last year btw with the Welsh and Sinckler?

Lots of teams try to goad players to lose their temper.

TBF Marler does have previous in trying to wind other players up, go back to the incident with Haskell.
Inch high hogs eye

Post by Inch high hogs eye »

Christ, who would have thought that the main talking point would be Joe Marler’s ball handling :shock: