Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2134 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:38 am 

The main thread is running away with this and time to open our own thread.

We are on 61 persons affected and I suspect this is going to run like the Paarlberg veld fire at this moment with the strong south easter (Kaapse dokter).

Sadly all sport is gone after yesterdays Cyril emergency announcements.

How do this effect you (Saffers)?

Last edited by OomPB on Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:41 am 

UCT and Wits closed, Maties about to close.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:44 am 

The opening of the hotel has been moved from 01 June to 01 August.................................I hope that they don't reduce salaries etc.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:45 am 

I hear all schools are closing on Wednesday too. I just hope that extra provisions are in place for doctors and nurses who have children in school.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:48 am 

Chilli wrote:
The opening of the hotel has been moved from 01 June to 01 August.................................I hope that they don't reduce salaries etc.

I have been follow this for some time because my daughter stay in Korea. We'll need to change our lifestyle a lot.

Tourism will obvious be hit the hardest. Sterkte.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:48 am 

2 children aged 2 and 4, so concerned about the school, need a place for the kids to stay when me and my wife at work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:50 am 

handyman wrote:
2 children aged 2 and 4, so concerned about the school, need a place for the kids to stay when me and my wife at work.

At least kids appear to be relatively safe from the worst of the disease, but my 4 year old has asthma which worries me. Thankfully our house is set quite far back in a forest and away from people, so it's up yo my wife and I to keep germs out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:51 am 

assfly wrote:
I hear all schools are closing on Wednesday too. I just hope that extra provisions are in place for doctors and nurses who have children in school.

Yep, doctors already shying away from treating flu type of patients.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:52 am 

OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:

I have been follow this for some time because my daughter stay in Korea. We'll need to change our lifestyle a lot.

We will be more of a business hotel. Business and Government are not travelling at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:52 am 

assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

At least kids appear to be relatively safe from the worst of the disease, but my 4 year old has asthma which worries me. Thankfully our house is set quite far back in a forest and away from people, so it's up yo my wife and I to keep germs out.

We're trying to make sure their immune system is good, lot's of vitamin C.

Yeah, with schools possibly closing, I might need to get my parents in to watch the kids, so fun times for my wife :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:54 am 

Surely this will be the end of SAA.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:55 am 

I have friends in the travel business and they are crapping themselves. I can see a number of travel agents closing shop in the next few months.

I am in the investment game and we mainly earn fees based on client portfolios. So a shrinkage in investment values impacts our fees. Luckily we have some bright blokes, so the damage has been minimal (so far...). Freezing employment at the moment though.

Restaurants and entertainment industries also in for a hard time. I will try to support as much as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:56 am 

assfly wrote:

Ja.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:59 am 

beachboy wrote:

Restaurants and entertainment industries also in for a hard time. I will try to support as much as possible.

I feel for these guys. If they move ahead with the ban on large gatherings, so many small restaurants and cafes will close. And then of course there is the knock-on effect to their staff and suppliers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:00 am 

beachboy wrote:
I have friends in the travel business and they are crapping themselves. I can see a number of travel agents closing shop in the next few months.

I am in the investment game and we mainly earn fees based on client portfolios. So a shrinkage in investment values impacts our fees. Luckily we have some bright blokes, so the damage has been minimal (so far...). Freezing employment at the moment though.

The thing with restaurants is: a hundred seater restaurant will have about 20 staff members between managers, waiters, Chefs and cleaners. So you can only take 80 guests now if you are full. People are going to avoid going out to busy restaurants, because they are busy.......................

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:02 am 

It also have a moerse effect on the pensioners. The JSE dropped 15% since this started.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:02 am 

I might be old school, but I've always believed one should have about 3 times your gross monthly salary in an emergency fund that is easy to access. One never knows...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:04 am 

My kids are at home playing fortnite... :roll:

Couldn't risk 3 days at school . thankfully they are 6 and 11 so not too bad to leave at home with the domestic which we get 4 days a week.....we will split our time between the Thursday shift....This week the missus has wages to do so I will stay home....next week she will stay home. within an hour of being at home today the two boys were at each others throats and kicking and punching each other so this time is not going to be fun. We also explained what we expect from our domestic , outlining that we expect her to wash her hands immediately on arrival at work and regularily during her time at home and we have asked our kids to keep their distance and make their own food.

At work I did a fully comprehensive explanation of what I expect from our staff and have ordered soap dispensors and have told my staff that I expect them to wash their hands at least every hour and if someone shows any symptoms to inform us immediately for everyone's sake and that person will need to go on quaranteed sick leave...for those who will struggle to accomodate the kids at home we will accomodate with leave. At this point business is going to grind to a standstill so rather that than short time. the quaranteed sick leave will be covered by Workmans compensation...in other words we pay and claim back from the fund.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:05 am 

Chilli wrote:
assfly wrote:

Ja.

Good. They should have put it out of it's misery a long time ago. But I doubt they'll let it die a corona death. They'll just bail it out with tax payers money again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:05 am 

OomPB wrote:
It also have a moerse effect on the pensioners. The JSE dropped 15% since this started.

I have been trying my best not to look at my investments...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:06 am 

Not great for business but also make it difficult for my staff with children. I think it is good measures by the president, as it will hopefully stop the spread.

Bloemfontein is calm. But quiet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:10 am 

handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Ja, mens voel magteloos. Jy kan nie eens die ref of afrigter blameer of uitkak nie. Jy moet maar net die pak vat. Sien hoe jou geldjies net waardeloos raak.

Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:

We will be more of a business hotel. Business and Government are not travelling at the moment.

Open now as an isolation unit.

assfly wrote:
beachboy wrote:

I feel for these guys. If they move ahead with the ban on large gatherings, so many small restaurants and cafes will close. And then of course there is the knock-on effect to their staff and suppliers.

We will definitely be affected...thats our business....we will weather it...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:16 am 

OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Ja, mens voel magteloos. Jy kan nie eens die ref of afrigter blameer of uitkak nie. Jy moet maar net die pak vat. Sien hoe jou geldjies net waardeloos raak.

Hy sal herstel, dit gaan net tyd vat.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:18 am 

Can you at least spell it correctly FFS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:40 am 

Last night we sat down with our kids and had a good talking session about what is going on with the coronavirus and explained what we expect them to do and how to handle the situation.....Of course how much is retained and how much they will listen to and impliment.... :roll:

I think think this is very important for all families.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:42 am 

Big Nipper wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:28 pm 

The wife dropped 100% of her income from the announcement yesterday. She was supposed to sing two new schools this morning and now that's gone. The other schools on her books obviously put everything on hold. The little bit she gets from photography is also gone. With the state the farm is in it's going to be broekskeer in the AJ household for the foreseeable future. In a matter of months I became an arme skepsel. :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:34 pm 

Ek worry oor my pa. Smoker for many years. How can they get food? Miskien moet ek iets met hul buurmanne reel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:39 pm 

Lemoentjie wrote:
Ek worry oor my pa. Smoker for many years. How can they get food? Miskien moet ek iets met hul buurmanne reel

Die ouens moet saam staan in die tye. Ek is seker daarvan die buurman sal uithelp. My ouers is middel 60's en ook rokers. Moeilik om dinge met hulle te reel, altyd so hardkoppig :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:41 pm 

Big Nipper wrote:

:lol: Sorry Nipper. :lol: :blush: :x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:42 pm 

handyman wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:

Die ouens moet saam staan in die tye. Ek is seker daarvan die buurman sal uithelp. My ouers is middel 60's en ook rokers. Moeilik om dinge met hulle te reel, altyd so hardkoppig :lol:

Never...hardkoppig.....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:44 pm 

handyman wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:

Ek het oor die 30 jaar gerook. Het kak longe, so daai virus gaan fees vier.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:46 pm 

Average Joe wrote:
The wife dropped 100% of her income from the announcement yesterday. She was supposed to sing two new schools this morning and now that's gone. The other schools on her books obviously put everything on hold. The little bit she gets from photography is also gone. With the state the farm is in it's going to be broekskeer in the AJ household for the foreseeable future. In a matter of months I became an arme skepsel. :(

Hard Luck Boet, Fangle asked about you

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73676&start=1760

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:53 pm 

OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:

Seker in die army begin. Oom is mos darem nog nie so oud nie, so behoort fine te wees.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:54 pm 

handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:

Seker in die army begin. Oom is mos darem nog nie so oud nie, so behoort fine te wees.

61 gevaar sone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:56 pm 

OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:

61 gevaar sone.

Nee wat, spring chicken. Braai rook en brannas sal die virus weghou.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:37 pm 

With my luck I'll end up getting the corona virus with the spuitpoep. Then I'll kak my pants every time I cough. :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:20 pm 

3 more today, now on 64.

In Italy gaan dit rof 349 dood vandag, 3233 nuwes totaal nou 27,980

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2134 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54  Next