Chat Forum
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 11:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:18 am 

Average Joe wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
OomPB wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Sards wrote:
Its great...with a bit of tweaking.

I wanted to talk to you about it.

Bit nervous...

What's to be nervous about? You have the skills to create the environment (possibly lockup & go container, possibly simpler). Chilli can manage the operation and I'll handle ordering and commercial. :thumbup:

You spend to much time on PR.

And hungover. Imagine the language at your first board meeting.... :uhoh:

With Sorc, Sards and Chilli? It will be enough to make brakpaners blush.

I never mix alcohol and business. Work hard and then play hard. And as I said earlier, I never drink until I've made my money for the day.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:19 am 

beachboy wrote:
OomPB wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Sards wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Create a 'deliveries only concept' kitchen i.e. no customer facing dealings at all. It'll be easy to duplicate and adjust my app with your branding.

Its great...with a bit of tweaking.

I wanted to talk to you about it.

Bit nervous...

What's to be nervous about? You have the skills to create the environment (possibly lockup & go container, possibly simpler). Chilli can manage the operation and I'll handle ordering and commercial. :thumbup:

You spend to much time on PR.

Butlers Pizza in Cape Town was originally built on a delivery only concept and it killed the opposition, who had to pay rentals for stores on the high street etc. Online purchasing and deliveries are going to be the growth areas.

Will do 20000+ deliveries this month. 100k a day on week days, 250k a day on weekend.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:20 am 

22nd May:

988/28

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:19 pm 

23rd May:

1218/10

Cases starting to boom

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 5:52 am 

Lemoentjie wrote:
23rd May:

1218/10

Cases starting to boom

The sooner it peaks the better. Can't spend the rest of our lives living in fear.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:06 am 

Sards wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
23rd May:

1218/10

Cases starting to boom

The sooner it peaks the better. Can't spend the rest of our lives living in fear.

Sards, this post suggests that you don't fully understand what's at stake.

We are not a first world society where everybody has access to running water, sanitation and adequate health care.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 3:15 pm 

https://city-press.news24.com/News/alco ... y-20200524

So booze will be allowed to be sold but not smokes

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 3:54 pm 

Chilli wrote:
https://city-press.news24.com/News/alcohol-on-tobacco-off-tito-wins-one-fight-for-the-economy-20200524

You can get fongkong smokes everywhere in Joyannesburg

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:28 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Chilli wrote:
https://city-press.news24.com/News/alcohol-on-tobacco-off-tito-wins-one-fight-for-the-economy-20200524

Here too.

I meant legally.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:29 pm 

Chilli wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Chilli wrote:

Here too.

I meant legally.

No more tobacco. Probably this year.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:29 pm 

Dop van be bought with conditions for private consumption. I can murder a decent glass of wine.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:32 pm 

Chilli wrote:
Dop van be bought with conditions for private consumption. I can murder a decent glass of wine.

Love a cold beer.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:33 pm 

sorCrer wrote:

No more tobacco. Probably this year.

Filthy habit.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:34 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Chilli wrote:

Love a cold beer.

We have been able to buy beer from day 1. I haven't, but it has been freely available here.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:58 pm 

Chilli wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Chilli wrote:

Love a cold beer.

We have been able to buy beer from day 1. I haven't, but it has been freely available here.

No beer here. Hardtack hasn't been a problem.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:06 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Chilli wrote:

"Decent" and "kak but mainstream" easily available too.

Marlboro, Chesterfield and some Camel (British Tobacco etc)l available at around R1200 to R 1500 per carton.

Locally made cheap brands (from the 2 smaller SA manufacturers) which is crappy but does the job going at between R650 to R950 per carton. You can buy the as loose packets too.

I have paid those prices up to recently, but decided to quit. I've cut down over a period, and I'm now at 1a day (8pm).

I think I have about 5 or so smokes left, so final smoke is near. I'm not paying those prices, which will probably increase after tonight.

I've decide a while ago to quit, kept on postponing but now it's the perfect time.

Must admit the hypnosis program I got from my mate Max Kaan [/globus] is really helping.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:43 pm 

troglodiet wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Chilli wrote:

"Decent" and "kak but mainstream" easily available too.

Marlboro, Chesterfield and some Camel (British Tobacco etc)l available at around R1200 to R 1500 per carton.

Locally made cheap brands (from the 2 smaller SA manufacturers) which is crappy but does the job going at between R650 to R950 per carton. You can buy the as loose packets too.

I have paid those prices up to recently, but decided to quit. I've cut down over a period, and I'm now at 1a day (8pm).

I think I have about 5 or so smokes left, so final smoke is near. I'm not paying those prices, which will probably increase after tonight.

I've decide a while ago to quit, kept on postponing but now it's the perfect time.

Must admit the hypnosis program I got from my mate Max Kaan [/globus] is really helping.

I only smoke if I'm drinking but have some mates that are 2 packets a day guys. It's been tough for them.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:10 am 

Trogs: can I suggest something?

It seems to me that an 8pm smoke is a mistake as it will trigger a craving around that time.

Smoke your smoke anytime, but try to make it as late as you can. Maybe, not smoke one day and then you can smoke two the next?

I might be talking shit because my problem was forming the habit in the first place; as a teenager, I wanted to start smoking, but could never remember to buy or bring them along when I did have.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:11 am 

I am seriously hanging out for a cold Castle.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:20 am 

Rinkals wrote:

I'll send you a few 750ml's if you have decent red wine.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:26 am 

WHO speculating on what I have suspected for a while:

Quote:
The Covid-19 pandemic has reached a milestone in Africa, with more than 100,000 confirmed cases, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has said.

It noted that the virus has now spread to every country in the continent since the first case was confirmed in the region 14 weeks ago.

“Despite crossing this threshold, the pandemic, which has struck with such devastating force in much of the world, appears to be taking a different pathway in Africa,” the WHO said.

Case numbers have not grown at the same exponential rate as in other regions and so far Africa has not experienced the high mortality seen in some parts of the world, it said.

It noted that there are 3,100 confirmed deaths on the continent.

By comparison, when cases reached 100,000 in the WHO European region, deaths stood at more than 4,900.

Early analysis by the WHO suggests that Africa’s lower mortality rate may be the result of demography and other possible factors.

It noted that Africa is the youngest continent demographically with more than 60% of the population under the age of 25.

Older adults have a significantly increased risk of developing a severe illness. In Europe nearly 95% of deaths occurred in those older than 60 years.

The WHO said that African governments have made difficult decisions and were quick to impose confinement measures, including physical and social distancing, which will have significant socio-economic costs.

“For now Covid-19 has made a soft landfall in Africa, and the continent has been spared the high numbers of deaths which have devastated other regions of the world,” said Dr Matshidiso Moeti, WHO regional director for Africa.

“It is possible our youth dividend is paying off and leading to fewer deaths. But we must not be lulled into complacency as our health systems are fragile and are less able to cope with a sudden increase in cases.”

The health body noted that testing rates remain low and many countries continue to require support to scale-up testing. There is a need to expand the testing capacity in urban, semi-urban and rural areas, and provide additional test kits, it said.

Cases continue to rise in Africa and while overall it took 52 days to reach the first 10,000 cases, it took only 11 days to move from 30,000 to 50,000 cases.

About half of the countries in Africa are experiencing community transmission.

Despite the relatively lower number of Covid-19 cases in Africa, the pandemic remains a major threat to the continent’s health systems, the WHO warned.

“Now that countries are starting to ease their confinement measures, there is a possibility that cases could increase significantly, and it is critical that governments remain vigilant and ready to adjust measures in line with epidemiological data and proper risk assessment,” it said.

The one thing that could make SA different to the rest of the continent is the lower temperatures experiences in the next couple of months.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:37 am 

Chilli wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

We scrounged a bottle from over the road the other night, but that was flattened pretty quickly. Had a braai last night in the garden and the GF's brother brought out a bottle of Glen Morange that he had been hoarding. Not being a whisky drinker I deemed it a waste for me to have a glass, so I watched everyone else consuming theirs. :(

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:57 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

We scrounged a bottle from over the road the other night, but that was flattened pretty quickly. Had a braai last night in the garden and the GF's brother brought out a bottle of Glen Morange that he had been hoarding. Not being a whisky drinker I deemed it a waste for me to have a glass, so I watched everyone else consuming theirs. :(

It is not called a hard lockdown for nothing.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:18 am 

I'm not sure if selling liquor for short periods of time only certain days of the week will be a great idea. I predict long lines everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:35 am 

handyman wrote:
I'm not sure if selling liquor for short periods of time only certain days of the week will be a great idea. I predict long lines everywhere.

Exactly.

The rules should be designed to stop the spread of the virus, but are skewed toward arbitrary attempts to control and to allow irrational input from diverse members of the committee.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:39 am 

alcohol free beer+wit blits + lemonade = perfect beer sandy

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:40 am 

They should never have banned it completely. They could have regulated it better. Now you'll have hordes of people swarming the shops to stock up after nearly a month of not being able to have a drink. It can easily force us back to level 5.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:44 am 

Average Joe wrote:
They should never have banned it completely. They could have regulated it better. Now you'll have hordes of people swarming the shops to stock up after nearly a month of not being able to have a drink. It can easily force us back to level 5.

If the shops had any sense they'd be developing delivery strategies right away. This could also circumnavigate the time limit.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:46 am 

assfly wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

If the shops had any sense they'd be developing delivery strategies right away. This could also circumnavigate the time limit.

Yeah.Order and pay online and then collect from the bottle store or have it delivered.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:46 am 

OomPB wrote:
alcohol free beer+wit blits + lemonade = perfect beer sandy

Dog oom drink nie meer nie. Die drank het my glad nie gepla nie. Was in elk geval net op non-alcoholic bier vir die laaste vier maande en dis ook net as ek n vuurtjie aan gehad het. Warfarin doen nie goed met drank nie.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:48 am 

The "black market" stuff was ridiculously expensive. Okes were selling R200 gin bottles for R700. An R80 Beer 6-pack was going at almost R300. :thumbdown:

I decided very early that it was not worth it and haven't had a drink since mid-April when my stock ran out.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:50 am 

Chilli wrote:
assfly wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

Yeah.Order and pay online and then collect from the bottle store or have it delivered.

Those with no internet will say you're discriminating. Taverns and shebeens have already complained about "white people" consuming their stocked up alcohol in the "white suburbs"

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:51 am 

Average Joe wrote:

You should have heard the spontaneous cheers in my complex the moment he said "The sale of alcohol will be allowed". :lol: :lol:

I also saw a few videos on Twitter where people in Umlazi literally set-off fireworks in celebration.

That 1st of June will be an absolute disaster!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:52 am 

Average Joe wrote:

You can wait a few days before buying new stock

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:00 am 

Beaver_Shark wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

You should have heard the spontaneous cheers in my complex the moment he said "The sale of alcohol will be allowed". :lol: :lol:

I also saw a few videos on Twitter where people in Umlazi literally set-off fireworks in celebration.

To be honest, if Dlamini-Zuma made an announcement tonight that, contrary to the President's speech last night that the purchase of alcohol was NOT ALLOWED, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:01 am 

Yeah if people think toilet paper was bad wait for Monday morning. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:02 am 

Beaver_Shark wrote:
The "black market" stuff was ridiculously expensive. Okes were selling R200 gin bottles for R700. An R80 Beer 6-pack was going at almost R300. :thumbdown:

I decided very early that it was not worth it and haven't had a drink since mid-April when my stock ran out.

My heavy is a smoker and likes his whiskey. He's not a connoisseur though and only knows the mainstream whiskeys. He phoned me the other day and asked me about pipe major scotch whiskey. They wanted R1600 a bottle. Anyways the guy he gets his smokes and dop from is in the military. My bet is it's stuff they confiscated.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:13 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Beaver_Shark wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

To be honest, if Dlamini-Zuma made an announcement tonight that, contrary to the President's speech last night that the purchase of alcohol was NOT ALLOWED, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

There'll be full on riots :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:25 am 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:32 am 

OomPB wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

You can wait a few days before buying new stock

Die wat ek drink kan mens in die kooldrank yskas kry. Glo nie ek gaan sommer gou apteek toe nie behalwe maskien vir n bottel suur druiwe sap vir die vrou. By gese een bottel hou haar omtrent n halwe jaar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next