China backlash?

All things Rugby
Wyndham Upalot

China backlash?

Post by Wyndham Upalot »

I can't be arsed to look back through all of the virus threads, however I'm sure that it's been mentioned previously, but what's opinion on China feeling the heat when it comes to future trade etc?

I'm in an industry that does zero business with them, so just scoping what other sectors consider will be the longer-term fallout from this awful situation?
backrow

Re: China backlash?

Post by backrow »

Wyndham Upalot wrote:I can't be arsed to look back through all of the virus threads, however I'm sure that it's been mentioned previously, but what's opinion on China feeling the heat when it comes to future trade etc?

I'm in an industry that does zero business with them, so just scoping what other sectors consider will be the longer-term fallout from this awful situation?
Doubt there will be any backlash at all because people like buying things cheap on Amazon and having IPhones
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

backrow wrote:
Wyndham Upalot wrote:I can't be arsed to look back through all of the virus threads, however I'm sure that it's been mentioned previously, but what's opinion on China feeling the heat when it comes to future trade etc?

Doubt there will be any backlash at all because people like buying things cheap on Amazon and having IPhones
Trump may spout some shite but not see anything through. The rest of us will do fudge all
Gwenno

Post by Gwenno »

Have they lifted the shutdown. Is the second wave beginning?
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Can the OP please rename this as the “Chyna Deflection” thread ? ... Thank you.
Dark

Post by Dark »

None I would have thought

Why would there be?
Wyndham Upalot

Post by Wyndham Upalot »

Dark wrote:

Why would there be?
Because humans are a fickle bunch ... if you haven't noticed. I'm not encouraging anything outlandish, just asking for an honest response. That ok with you?
Rumham

Post by Rumham »

It's certainly a wake up call for some companies who have put all their eggs in one basket. Expect the spread of regional competitors for their manufacturing base to grow after this.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Rumham wrote:It's certainly a wake up call for some companies who have put all their eggs in one basket. Expect the spread of regional competitors for their manufacturing base to grow after this.
Agreed, having all your supplies coming from the other side of the world is great when things are going well. Not so great when they are not
C69

Post by C69 »

So what exactly have China done wrong?
Dark

Post by Dark »

Wyndham Upalot wrote:
Dark wrote:

Why would there be?
Because humans are a fickle bunch ... if you haven't noticed. I'm not encouraging anything outlandish, just asking for an honest response. That ok with you?
I am yet to understand anything you are "encouraging".

Maybe you could clarify your actual point?
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

backrow wrote:

Given what Macron said the the Saudi Prince not long after the Saudi's had that journalist assassinated on Turkish soil, as if it was just bad PR around the time the Swiss President said something similar I'm not betting any Western nation not led by Trump will ever take action against China of any consequence for any reason. Sadly.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

No backlash. We'll be too busy to get things back to what it was. Meaning we'll need China more than ever.

There's great benefit in having China as the place to manufacture good because it keeps most of the pollution there. Clean environment is more important than money.
Wyndham Upalot

Post by Wyndham Upalot »

Dark wrote:
Wyndham Upalot wrote:
Dark wrote:

Why would there be?
I am yet to understand anything you are "encouraging".

Maybe you could clarify your actual point?
Get real, I'm not encouraging anything other than debate and discussion. If you think I'm trying to exacerbate undermining the Chinese state and economy, you truly are dumb.
Wyndham Upalot

Post by Wyndham Upalot »

c69 wrote:So what exactly have China done wrong?
Nothing, apparently, just promoting a healthy discussion.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Wyndham Upalot wrote:
About what?
Wyndham Upalot

Post by Wyndham Upalot »

Dark wrote:
Wyndham Upalot wrote:
About what?
You're not very bright are you? Or, I'm guessing that English is not your first language which in case, I apologise.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Wyndham Upalot wrote:
Dark wrote:
Wyndham Upalot wrote:
About what?
You're not very bright are you? Or, I'm guessing that English is not your first language which in case, I apologise.

Apologies. I didn't realise it was that difficult a question

Why would you think there would be a backlash against China, and what do you think it might be.

Trade?
Tourism?
Banning people doing Tai Chi?
Dark

Post by Dark »

Seneca of the Night wrote:I think the 'backlash' will be immense, probably leading to an effective bifurcation of the global economy.

:lol:
Wyndham Upalot

Post by Wyndham Upalot »

Dark wrote:
Wyndham Upalot wrote:
Dark wrote:
Wyndham Upalot wrote:
About what?

Why would you think there would be a backlash against China, and what do you think it might be.

Trade?
Tourism?
Read my OP. It was a broad question, not directly specific merely a generalist query. You have trouble understanding that?
Dark

Post by Dark »

Wyndham Upalot wrote:
Dark wrote:
Wyndham Upalot wrote:
Dark wrote:

Trade?
Tourism?
Read my OP. It was a broad question, not directly specific merely a generalist query. You have trouble understanding that?
Fair enough

I agree with Seneca.

In fact I would take it a step further and there will be a nuclear war over it.

Only a few will survive and it is then that Aliens decide to step in, to create stability.

Trump will be the main conduit in discussions along side Adern.

They will work out Neve is actually a Q

She will reverse time and leave out Covid-19
Wyndham Upalot

Post by Wyndham Upalot »

No nuclear war - that's a non entity

Dislike between US/Asia and Europe yes.Trade volatile, fudge yeah.
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

There may be a backlash in the political commentators and those whispering in corners who look to sway public opinion and once there are enough deaths the whispering won't be necessary, the mob will scream it with enough nudging and Joe Chinaman on the street will have to be very careful where he walks at night. Otherwise nothing will change unless that's where the money is.
C69

Post by C69 »

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Wyndham Upalot wrote:No nuclear war - that's a non entity

Dislike between US/Asia and Europe yes.Trade volatile, fudge yeah.
Businesses that do business with China will be shamed, aside from legislative changes afoot.
Why?
zt1903

Post by zt1903 »

Repatriating the supply chain is going to be a hot topic for Western Governments.
C69

Post by C69 »

zt1903 wrote:Repatriating the supply chain is going to be a hot topic for Western Governments.
Global Capitalism as a model is so fecked.
Who would have guessed :roll:
paddywack

Post by paddywack »

backrow wrote:

Agree, I don’t see any backlash against China. They will recover faster than Europe or the US. But Backrow is right ,
“people like buying things cheap on Amazon and having IPhones”
C69

Post by C69 »

c69 wrote:
zt1903 wrote:Repatriating the supply chain is going to be a hot topic for Western Governments.
Global Capitalism as a model is so fecked.
Who would have guessed :roll:
Billions of people have been lifted out of poverty by global capitalism. The issue is it got very badly balanced and western elites got greedy and shortsighted, and supply chain security was underplayed. That's going to be recalibrated.

It didn't help that the US had a President who was played like a sucker for 8 years, and snoozed on the job while amoral businessmen made hay.
Indeed as I said Global Capitalism as a model is fecked. I am not arguing that people have been lifted out of poverty but billions have also be failed.
I do think that this is a wake up call and when all over there is a wake up call regarding actually producing our own goods and investing in infrastructure with a more of a focus on what and who are the really important in society.
Hellraiser

Post by Hellraiser »

CrazyIslander wrote:No backlash. We'll be too busy to get things back to what it was. Meaning we'll need China more than ever.

There's great benefit in having China as the place to manufacture good because it keeps most of the pollution there. Clean environment is more important than money.

Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Dark wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:I think the 'backlash' will be immense, probably leading to an effective bifurcation of the global economy.

The 'great decoupling' is already underway. This will accelerate it. Hedge betting economies like Australia, New Zealand and Germany will be forced to make a choice.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.c ... 5839e06441
Are you going to provide us non-FT subscribing plebs a C&P?
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Hellraiser wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:No backlash. We'll be too busy to get things back to what it was. Meaning we'll need China more than ever.

You look like you could do with some help with something, Hellraiser.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

paddywack wrote:
backrow wrote:

Agree, I don’t see any backlash against China. They will recover faster than Europe or the US. But Backrow is right ,
“people like buying things cheap on Amazon and having IPhones”
I hate iphones I hate China I hate Southern Softie
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Chayna is our ticket out of the inevitable depression we have entered. Ignore them at your peril

Huānyíng Měi gèrén
grievous

Post by grievous »

Dark wrote:

The 'great decoupling' is already underway. This will accelerate it. Hedge betting economies like Australia, New Zealand and Germany will be forced to make a choice.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.c ... 5839e06441
Absolute rubbish
les@mooloolaba

Post by les@mooloolaba »

AND-y wrote:There may be a backlash in the political commentators and those whispering in corners who look to sway public opinion and once there are enough deaths the whispering won't be necessary, the mob will scream it with enough nudging and Joe Chinaman on the street will have to be very careful where he walks at night. Otherwise nothing will change unless that's where the money is.
Asians are starting to get abused in rural NSW, because of Asian groups going round buying up goods from rural supermarkets and selling online, I assume at inflated prices. (Asian woman was spotted walking round a local supermarket Saturday, talking on the phone then going out without buying). The limit on buying goods has seen the mini buses with Asians arriving at supermarkets drop off, but they still come in numbers.

Junee IGA (population 5000) no longer sell to people outside Junee rural area and ID is required. (They have right to refuse to sell)
les@mooloolaba

Post by les@mooloolaba »

Hellraiser wrote:

:thumbup: :lol:
Zico

Post by Zico »

Was there any backlash when the Americans crashed the global economy in 2008?

I don't recall anyone even calling it the American recession out of childish spite.

Thankfully most of the world behave like grown-ups and just get on with it.
New guy

Post by New guy »

Started the virus then lied and downplayed the scale of the outbreak allowing the spread to go completely unchecked for weeks.

Journalists were arrested for talking about it, they just pretended it didn't exist.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

les@mooloolaba wrote:
AND-y wrote:There may be a backlash in the political commentators and those whispering in corners who look to sway public opinion and once there are enough deaths the whispering won't be necessary, the mob will scream it with enough nudging and Joe Chinaman on the street will have to be very careful where he walks at night. Otherwise nothing will change unless that's where the money is.
Asians are starting to get abused in rural NSW, because of Asian groups going round buying up goods from rural supermarkets and selling online, I assume at inflated prices. (Asian woman was spotted walking round a local supermarket Saturday, talking on the phone then going out without buying). The limit on buying goods has seen the mini buses with Asians arriving at supermarkets drop off, but they still come in numbers.

Junee IGA (population 5000) no longer sell to people outside Junee rural area and ID is required. (They have right to refuse to sell)
My understanding is that those stories of groups of Asians bussing around the state bulk buying essential goods were false, and originated on right-wing, racist hate-sites.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Dark wrote:
Wyndham Upalot wrote:
About what?
Probbaly Jacinda, so you'll feel at home on this thread.