I am kinda loving the lockdown

All things Rugby
Openside

I am kinda loving the lockdown

Post by Openside »

With the exception of cancellation of golf and real tennis this lockdown is pretty cool. Our country Lane is quiet we as a family do a 30 minute exercise class then walk the dogs onto the ranges not a soul to be seen. We have discovered an online bridge game so you can play all your mates remotely - today at 13:30 we have 3 tables arranged. In the evening we play cards with the kids and watch a box set en famille. Is anyone else thinking it’s pretty cool?
Duff Paddy

Re: I am kinda loving the lockdown

Post by Duff Paddy »

That does sound quite appealing to be fair. Watching business go down the drain and not being able to do anything about it is less fun.
eugenefraxby

Post by eugenefraxby »

Come on OS the loss of golf is shattering 🥴
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Openside wrote:With the exception of cancellation of golf and real tennis this lockdown is pretty cool. Our country Lane is quiet we as a family do a 30 minute exercise class then walk the dogs onto the ranges not a soul to be seen. We have discovered an online bridge game so you can play all your mates remotely - today at 13:30 we have 3 tables arranged. In the evening we play cards with the kids and watch a box set en famille. Is anyone else thinking it’s pretty cool?

Our day is similar at the moment (I’m ducking Joe Wicks this morning though)

We are walking the dog at 6:30 ish, Joe wicks, home school.

Kids going online with mates for lunch and games.

I’m spending lots of time cooking, (tonight’s tea is a venison ragu I made yesterday).

Kids have an hour play station, followed by a history documentary.

I’m drinking too much wine though.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Openside wrote:With the exception of cancellation of golf and real tennis this lockdown is pretty cool. Our country Lane is quiet we as a family do a 30 minute exercise class then walk the dogs onto the ranges not a soul to be seen. We have discovered an online bridge game so you can play all your mates remotely - today at 13:30 we have 3 tables arranged. In the evening we play cards with the kids and watch a box set en famille. Is anyone else thinking it’s pretty cool?
Cool isn’t a word I’d use. Grateful would be better, that I can see my wife and kids and play games and be safe and eat food from our plentiful stocks, when so much of the country is beset by health, mental and financial genuine worries.
Varsity Way

Post by Varsity Way »

Working from home is going ok. Tricky with kids but not too bad. I realise how much time I waste on here at work!!

The Joe Wicks workout has made me realise how morbidly unfit I am at 49 and I really need to keep doing this despite the agony in my legs and abs.

The weather is set fair thank god, so the kids can get out in the garden throughout the day.

I have given the lawn its first shave of the year, painted the shed and washed/hoovered the car. :lol:
Monk Zombie

Post by Monk Zombie »

Just heard of a bloke getting married today.

we go into lockdown at midnight tonight.

Hope it all works out for him
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

You play bridge? :shock:
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

I had a lovely day yesterday, probably the best in years. Read a book in the garden, didn’t give a second thought to My business going down the shitter.
eugenefraxby

Post by eugenefraxby »

Golf clubs are being rather fantastic. Doing food boxes for us, lasagnes etc, delivered 4 cases of Macon Uzichy to me yesterday ✊🏽
massive_field_goal

Post by massive_field_goal »

I'm enjoying it.

This is perhaps what life would be like if we had an economy that served the people rather than the other way around.
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

Meh.

It's hard work at the moment. Logging on at 6.30 and working late. Trying to entertain a 3 yo in the middle.

At least I still have a job for the moment and nice to spend a bit more time with him.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Varsity Way wrote:Working from home is going ok. Tricky with kids but not too bad. I realise how much time I waste on here at work!!

The Joe Wicks workout has made me realise how morbidly unfit I am at 49 and I really need to keep doing this despite the agony in my legs and abs.

The weather is set fair thank god, so the kids can get out in the garden throughout the day.

I have given the lawn its first shave of the year, painted the shed and washed/hoovered the car. :lol:
I'm relieved that I've been doing some exercise over the last few weeks to try and strengthen my lower abs (had a very bad strain that I'm slowly recovering from). Has meant that I'm not absolutely knackered from his workouts, still achy as hell yesterday though.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

I have every sympathy with parents, small children do my head in.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Hating it, work is making sure everyone is busy and it's a real grind.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Sold my business 12 months ago and retired, and set myself a target of getting fit and losing the weight I’d piled on during cancer treatment and sitting on my substantial arse in the car and the office (and in front of the TV). I have, much my wife’s surprise and mine, succeeded through a combination of eating well and exercise, with the luxury of having the time to go to the gym and going for daily walks of 10 to 20 kilometres. My weight loss had plateaued, but with the new enforced lifestyle, even with the gym closed, I’ve seen that I’m back to losing about 3lbs a week.

The only downside is that I’m in danger of making my new wardrobe redundant without even having the chance to actually wear any of the clothes. :lol: , cos I put on my walking gear in the morning, piss off for 3 or 4 hours, come home and get into gardening/painting clothes, and then shower and put on a tracksuit and fleece in the evening. My daughter wondered yesterday when she’d ever get to makeup again. :lol:
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Lucky in a way that it's not hit my daily routine that hard. Only major difference is that my boy pops his head into my office more often than normal (being as he's normally at school), and I'm missing coaching the u8s rugby.

Worked from home before this, so not huge. Worked daft hours anyway (not lots of work per se, but rather doing bits of it from 9.30am until 10pm).

Will need to look after my boy more myself when both my mum and wife are at work at the same time, but he's pretty good at making his own entertainment. Trying to get him to do some relevant skills (writing, maths games on laptop), he reads a lot (comics, but some books too), but not going crazy on the home schooling.
Last edited by Raggs on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScarfaceClaw

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

I’m starting work around 0645 and rarely finishing before 2100 in the evenings. Fk all breaks during the day. I’m getting ground into the dust. I was about to kick off hiring 3-4 people to cover the work load we have scheduled but that’s nigh on impossible now. Any change in plans for the work? Like fk. I’m (hopefully) going to dodge the worst of the virus but will instead be killed by work.

Life can eat a bag of dicks.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Varsity Way wrote:Working from home is going ok. Tricky with kids but not too bad. I realise how much time I waste on here at work!!

I wonder if all is fat old unfit cûnts with kids are going to emerge from this absolutely shredded from doing ball these activities rather than sit at a desk, and that the childless gym rats who frequent the training thread emerge as Jabba the Hutt because they can’t throw weights around and have an orgy of chocolate , Netflix and wanking ?
backrow

Post by backrow »

ScarfaceClaw wrote:I’m starting work around 0645 and rarely finishing before 2100 in the evenings. Fk all breaks during the day. I’m getting ground into the dust. I was about to kick off hiring 3-4 people to cover the work load we have scheduled but that’s nigh on impossible now. Any change in plans for the work? Like fk. I’m (hopefully) going to dodge the worst of the virus but will instead be killed by work.

WHat is it you do ? Need any help ? (I can’t be the only person not doing much right now)
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

I had 3 months house bound and working from home after Surg
Surgery a few years back.

Being able to take the dog for a walk and commuting from the bed to the table is great.

My sleeping pattern is back to normal as well - loads of energy
henry

Post by henry »

I’m very much enjoying the 4 hours of childcare in the morning and then doing 8 hours of work afterwards.

Still, at least I’ve got work.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

massive_field_goal wrote:I'm enjoying it.

This is perhaps what life would be like if we had an economy that served the people rather than the other way around.
It does put a lot into perspective
Last edited by Pat the Ex Mat on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulsters Red Hand

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

Log in at 9.30 after Joe Wicks to try and teach from home. The rest of the day is spent doing things i've missed out in the past number of years, mainly reading books which I bought with the intention to read but which are gathering dust.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

eugenefraxby wrote:Come on OS the loss of golf is shattering 🥴
Couple of clubs in the greater Dublin are still open. Friend asked me to play the European Club today but I declined..... doesn't feel right.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

ScarfaceClaw wrote:I’m starting work around 0645 and rarely finishing before 2100 in the evenings. Fk all breaks during the day. I’m getting ground into the dust. I was about to kick off hiring 3-4 people to cover the work load we have scheduled but that’s nigh on impossible now. Any change in plans for the work? Like fk. I’m (hopefully) going to dodge the worst of the virus but will instead be killed by work.

I’d be inclined to feel a bit sorry for you if I wan’t such a cúnt
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

I am enjoying the uniform of trakkies and hoody.

Been out for a few runs and the place is just eerily quiet. Even where there are various couples/families walking in the common, no-one is rowdy or shouting.
Openside

Post by Openside »

eugenefraxby wrote:Come on OS the loss of golf is shattering 🥴
I have only played about 4 times in the last 6 months combo of weather and Real Tennis the less you play the less you want to play.

Just come in from 40 minutes aerobics workout led by CMOS who was clearly a Sgt PTI in a former life :twisted:
Leffe

Post by Leffe »

There's a nice floating cafe terrace next to my house on a canal. We sat on it the other night and had a couple of tinned beers.

Yesterday the owner moved really big/heavy flower pots to block access. What an utter cnut. I'd love to fudge them in the canal.
Openside

Post by Openside »

bimboman wrote:

Our day is similar at the moment (I’m ducking Joe Wicks this morning though)

We are walking the dog at 6:30 ish, Joe wicks, home school.

Kids going online with mates for lunch and games.

I’m spending lots of time cooking, (tonight’s tea is a venison ragu I made yesterday).

Kids have an hour play station, followed by a history documentary.

Is a bottle of red a night too much? :blush:
Last edited by Openside on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Going from feeling sorry for myself as a salary man and for my wage earning brother to feeling sorry for my self-employed brother who supplies restaurants. He says he expects to lay off staff in the next 2-3 months.
sewa

Post by sewa »

Leffe wrote:There's a nice floating cafe terrace next to my house on a canal. We sat on it the other night and had a couple of tinned beers.

Yesterday the owner moved really big/heavy flower pots to block access. What an utter cnut. I'd love to fudge them in the canal.
You're a bloody disgrace mate, you are not a teenager :nod:
Openside

Post by Openside »

sorCrer wrote:You play bridge? :shock:
Yes it’s great way to while a way a couple of hours with a glass or two, it is noticeable how ones bidding becomes bolder after a slurp :lol:
Leffe

Post by Leffe »

sewa wrote:
Leffe wrote:There's a nice floating cafe terrace next to my house on a canal. We sat on it the other night and had a couple of tinned beers.

**I am young!!!**
:uhoh:
Openside

Post by Openside »

sewa wrote:

Yup that was my reaction to it too.
Openside

Post by Openside »

Leffe wrote:
sewa wrote:

**I am young!!!**
No just a child!!
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

Openside wrote:
Yes it’s great way to while a way a couple of hours with a glass or two, it is noticeable how ones bidding becomes bolder after a slurp :lol:
Well shout if you need a 4th. Some of my convention bidding is a bit rusty but I've played on and off for 35 years.
Leffe

Post by Leffe »

Openside wrote:
sewa wrote:

Yup that was my reaction to it too.
Sitting on a floating terrace, with my wife and daughter, enjoying a continental beer :D
Leffe

Post by Leffe »

Openside wrote:
Leffe wrote:
sewa wrote:

**I am young!!!**
No just a child!!
Am not! :x
Openside

Post by Openside »

sorCrer wrote:
Openside wrote:
Well shout if you need a 4th. Some of my convention bidding is a bit rusty but I've played on and off for 35 years.
We you trickster cards it’s really easy to use - I really suggest you get 4 people as some of the computer bidding is all over the place (not ACOL)