A Very Pleasing Moment

All things Rugby
GWO2

A Very Pleasing Moment

Post by GWO2 »

It was a pleasure to see how many people came out on their doorstep at eight o clock to clap and show their appreciation of the work being done by the NHS staff around the country. (I did think I might be out there on my own :lol: )
danny_fitz

Re: A Very Pleasing Moment

Post by danny_fitz »

Had a good showing down my street.

One plus from all this is that my road has set up a massive whatsapp group with everyone pitching in doing food rotas for the elderly, shopping runs and picking up prescriptions etc. All very warming.
backrow

Post by backrow »

I didn’t know this was on :blush:
Just coming out of shower as was dusty from garage work this afternoon and just didn’t see this clapping thing - my only real social media these days , is you bunch of bell ends !

I leant of of window and clapped, hoping neighbours couldn’t see my cock because I’m quite tall and the air is quite cold
Openside

Post by Openside »

I am not by nature a supporter of these things as I find it all a bit gushy, but I found myself welling up as I thought of my sister and niece who are on the frontline Nursing.

Respect to the Health care workers you are seriously brave.
Madness

Post by Madness »

Good response close to me, lots of clapping and cheering. Lovely touch for everyone.
Rowdy

Post by Rowdy »

backrow wrote:I didn’t know this was on :blush:
Just coming out of shower as was dusty from garage work this afternoon and just didn’t see this clapping thing - my only real social media these days , is you bunch of bell ends !

I leant of of window and clapped, hoping neighbours couldn’t see my cock because I’m quite tall and the air is quite cold
Difficult to see an acorn at 20 yards!
backrow

Post by backrow »

Rowdy wrote:
backrow wrote:I didn’t know this was on :blush:

Difficult to see an acorn at 20 yards!
Bonsai acorn at that, hot shower into cool bedroom and then open window where it’s like 6’c
:blush:
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Openside wrote:I am not by nature a supporter of these things as I find it all a bit gushy, but I found myself welling up as I thought of my sister and niece who are on the frontline Nursing.

You're definitely RAF Reg and not paras eh :lol:
Openside

Post by Openside »

OptimisticJock wrote:
Openside wrote:I am not by nature a supporter of these things as I find it all a bit gushy, but I found myself welling up as I thought of my sister and niece who are on the frontline Nursing.

I will have you know the 5 miler of death is aptly named!! :lol: :lol:
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Openside wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:

I will have you know the 5 miler of death is aptly named!! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Openside

Post by Openside »

OptimisticJock wrote:

Besides when I was clapping I made a little wish to specifically exclude you ;)
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Openside wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:

:lol: that's more like it.
Openside

Post by Openside »

OptimisticJock wrote:
Openside wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:

:lol: that's more like it.
:D :D
Doc Rob

Post by Doc Rob »

Apparently it was well supported in our village. Unfortunately we were banging around in the kitchen clearing up the dinner dishes and missed it entirely!
C69

Post by C69 »

Didn't even know it was on tbh
TB63

Post by TB63 »

Well supported here in Llanelli, cow bells and all going off...
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

c69 wrote:Didn't even know it was on tbh
Hopefully no virtue signalling Tory voters partook.
Glaston

Post by Glaston »

AND-y wrote:
c69 wrote:Didn't even know it was on tbh
Hopefully no virtue signalling Tory voters partook.
I was watching Star Trek Next Gen.

I need at least 24 hours notice to do a bit of whooping.
J Man

Post by J Man »

Doc Rob wrote: we were banging around in the kitchen
rule 1 please
croyals

Post by croyals »

Glad to see the country coming together, shows how superficial a lot of the recent shit has been. We'll get through this.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

The three young kids in the upstairs flat woke me from my nap with their clapping and hollering. I couldn't hear anyone else though, and my windows don't look out onto a street so have no idea how well it was supported round here. I'd like to think pretty well as there must be a ton of nurses that live in the immediate vicinity.
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

Didn't know it was on, but if any front line worker is reading this- Thank You.
LandOTurk

Post by LandOTurk »

TB63 wrote:Well supported here in Llanelli, cow bells and all going off...
:thumbup:
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

My son is one of the staff in the covid19 isolation unit in North Shore hospital. I am just so proud of the lad and all the staff.
Rowdy

Post by Rowdy »

The nurses and doctors are being paid, presumably, for doing their job? And they'll continue to get paid while others lose their jobs and businesses? They're not volunteers?

Kudos for working hard and so on, but I find the fetishisation of the NHS creepy.
slick

Post by slick »

We crept out thinking we might be the only ones but most of the street was out. Just after the clapping a piper started, standing under a street lamp with the fog all around - not many dry eyes.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Rowdy wrote:The nurses and doctors are being paid, presumably, for doing their job? And they'll continue to get paid while others lose their jobs and businesses? They're not volunteers?

Kudos for working hard and so on, but I find the fetishisation of the NHS creepy.
Golly
frillage

Post by frillage »

slick wrote:We crept out thinking we might be the only ones but most of the street was out. Just after the clapping a piper started, standing under a street lamp with the fog all around - not many dry eyes.
Thank Christ, you posted that on the main thread as well, thought I was having a breakdown!
backrow

Post by backrow »

Rowdy wrote:The nurses and doctors are being paid, presumably, for doing their job? And they'll continue to get paid while others lose their jobs and businesses? They're not volunteers?

Wtf ?
It’s just thanks for their hard work, double / triple shifts, often without protection for themselves. This event is a bit more than dealing with a plane crash or something, the scale is unprecedented. They also have families and concerns of their own. Fetish is a very strange word to use here, nobody really is being overly wanky about it tbf, it’s just some clapping.
slick

Post by slick »

frillage wrote:
slick wrote:We crept out thinking we might be the only ones but most of the street was out. Just after the clapping a piper started, standing under a street lamp with the fog all around - not many dry eyes.
Thank Christ, you posted that on the main thread as well, thought I was having a breakdown!
I don't understand
Openside

Post by Openside »

They are risking their lives to help other people , that is what I am applauding. Jeez
Azlan Roar

Post by Azlan Roar »

TB63 wrote:Well supported here in Llanelli, cow bells and all going off...
frillage

Post by frillage »

slick wrote:
frillage wrote:
I don't understand
When I read it was convinced I had read it before and scrolled through thread to check, couldn’t seee it. Double checked time you posted it and no way could have read it before. Started to panic I was losing it, or psychic.
Finally worked out to search and saw it was on main thread. Don’t have covid19 and not hallucinating, happy days.
slick

Post by slick »

frillage wrote:
slick wrote:
frillage wrote:
I don't understand
When I read it was convinced I had read it before and scrolled through thread to check, couldn’t seee it. Double checked time you posted it and no way could have read it before. Started to panic I was losing it, or psychic.
Finally worked out to search and saw it was on main thread. Don’t have covid19 and not hallucinating, happy days.
Happy days indeed :thumbup:
Rowdy

Post by Rowdy »

backrow wrote:

Wtf ?
It’s just thanks for their hard work, double / triple shifts, often without protection for themselves. This event is a bit more than dealing with a plane crash or something, the scale is unprecedented. They also have families and concerns of their own. Fetish is a very strange word to use here, nobody really is being overly wanky about it tbf, it’s just some clapping.
Hmm. Tough crowd. Maybe I'll come back to this thread when I'm in the back of an ambulance.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Rowdy wrote:
backrow wrote:

Wtf ?
Hmm. Tough crowd. Maybe I'll come back to this thread when I'm in the back of an ambulance.
Not mine you ungrateful cvnt!!!

I do find it a bit cringey tbf. Probably exacerbated by the hero complex some colleagues have got over this
backrow

Post by backrow »

OptimisticJock wrote:
Rowdy wrote:
backrow wrote:

Wtf ?

I do find it a bit cringey tbf. Probably exacerbated by the hero complex some colleagues have got over this
what complex ? pls explain
sockwithaticket

Post by sockwithaticket »

Rowdy wrote:
backrow wrote:

Wtf ?
Or simply a crowd understanding that NHS staff are currently facing greater personal risk than they do ordinarily when going about their jobs and are having to make sacrifices they wouldn't normally have to (isolating from family members to a far greater extent than Joe public) and working even longer hours than usual.

Don't be such a prick, these circumstances aren't business as usual for them and they're performing admirably. Many of them (particularly nurses) are grossly underpaid for what they do anyway, let alone the additional burden they're shouldering now. It's good that the nation show recognition in a tangible, public way.
Gospel

Post by Gospel »

Rowdy wrote:Kudos for working hard and so on, but I find the fetishisation of the NHS creepy.
It is at times like these we should all realise just how different their job is to ours.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

backrow wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
Rowdy wrote:
backrow wrote:

Wtf ?

what complex ? pls explain
A lot of colleague getting a bit up themselves because they're wearing a mask.