Scummings going by Xmas..... Boris next year.

All things Rugby
Frodder

Re: Boris goooooone or going?

Post by Frodder »

Muttonbirds wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:Good to see Boris back.
Will he demand an exit from lockdown with as much vigour as he demanded an exit from Europe?
The comparison is eerie
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

message #2527204 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
not_english wrote:What is all this stuff about preventing a second wave. How is this even possible without a vaccine? I. Thought originally the plan was to manage the second wave so the hospitals weren't overwhelmed. Struggling to see how lockdown can end at the moment.
If you get the numbers of new infections low enough then contact tracing to prevent a second wave comes into play.
Hopefully the overwhelming majority of us will download the app to make it possible.
They might get the 60% they were talking about yesterday..., but 60%, if its only boomers and those who have taken the lockdown really seriously, wouldn't be the ideal demographic.
Just say we cannot contemplate lifting the lockdown before enough people download the app. Get captain Tom to ask the nation to download for victory.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

DragsterDriver wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Will he demand an exit from lockdown with as much vigour as he demanded an exit from Europe?
He'll ask Houts nicely to make you the first permaban on the new bored you sad wankër :)
Grow up. Robust debate and all that. Can't you handle it?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Muttonbirds wrote:
Will Boris Johnson demand the PM takes us out of lockdown ASAP ?
Rowdy

Post by Rowdy »

Was Captain Tom army or navy? I'm pretty sure you have to be at least colonel to keep your rank on retirement. On the other hand it's a pity he didn't make major.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Muttonbirds wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
He'll ask Houts nicely to make you the first permaban on the new bored you sad wankër :)
It’s not debate, you’re a strange kiwi troll filling a hole in your life, like Rinkals spending his final years arguing foreign politics on a rugby bored. It’s fuckën weird bro.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

shereblue wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Sefton wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:That's exactly the reaction I expected. Fruitcake.
Did you say Brixton because he said he's of black British ethnicity?

Do you live in Shepherd's Bush?
Oh, I thought it was because Brixton is full of utter plums. :(
For me that's any town on the M4 corridor all the way to Reading.
Chosen home of London Irish ;)
Think they have seen sense and are moving to Brentford's new stadium. Proper order.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

DragsterDriver wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
It’s not debate, you’re a strange kiwi troll filling a hole in your life, like Rinkals spending his final years arguing foreign politics on a rugby bored. It’s fuckën weird bro.
Lol. And just what are you doing here?

If it makes you feel any better I'm active on political forums in my own country too.

Anyway, looks like Britain needs help!
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

So he's not dead then? Boo.

No seez, thank Cwist for our bwave ickle soldier, what would we do without him.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

AND-y wrote:So he's not dead then? Boo.

Boris or MB?
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

DragsterDriver wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
:lol:
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

As if C69 didn't have enough to worry about, now Boris is back..... :uhoh:
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

AND-y wrote:So he's not dead then? Boo.

Guess who's back, back again

Now this looks like a job for me
So everybody just follow me
'Cause we need a little controversy
'Cause it feels so empty without me
I said, this looks like a job for me
So everybody just follow me
'Cause we need a little controversy
'Cause it feels so empty without me
Last edited by message #2527204 on Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

DragsterDriver wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
I'm a British Citizen.

Just because my political opinions don't match your own, that's no reason to call for my exclusion.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

I didn’t ask for your exclusion, just said it’s fücken weird bro.
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

DragsterDriver wrote:I didn’t ask for your exclusion, just said it’s fücken weird bro.
You asked for MB's exclusion and then included me in your assessment.

I don't think it's a stretch to come to the conclusion that you would prefer not share the bored with us.
Openside

Post by Openside »

Rowdy wrote:Was Captain Tom army or navy? I'm pretty sure you have to be at least colonel to keep your rank on retirement. On the other hand it's a pity he didn't make major.
He was Army and Captain is the lowest rank you can keep although why anyone would ??? even Major is a bit sad as it generally means you were a bit shite!!
message #2527204

Rinkals wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:I didn’t ask for your exclusion, just said it’s fücken weird bro.

I don't think it's a stretch to come to the conclusion that you would prefer not share the bored with us.
He didn't ask for his exclusion. He told him to stop being a trolling twat every single morning
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

bimboman wrote:

Yes , it’s me losing the plot again. Gone early trying to bully me this week.
Bullying, holy shit. :lol: :lol:
message #2527204

Openside wrote:
Rowdy wrote:Was Captain Tom army or navy? I'm pretty sure you have to be at least colonel to keep your rank on retirement. On the other hand it's a pity he didn't make major.
He was Army and Captain is the lowest rank you can keep although why anyone would ??? even Major is a bit sad as it generally means you were a bit shite!!
cheers major OS.
I think it was the meeja that named him Captain Tom. Sells papers, you know.
Insane_Homer

Post by Insane_Homer »

I look forward to Priti's announcement next week that domestic abuse helpline calls have dropped since Boris went back to work.
Openside

Post by Openside »

message #2527204 wrote:
Openside wrote:
cheers major OS.
I think it was the meeja that named him Captain Tom. Sells papers, you know.

God I was nowhere near as good an 'a bit shit Major' :lol: :lol: I thought originally it was about a field rank Major and above Capt. and below are Subalterns but apparently not.
Openside

Post by Openside »

Apropos of nothing we are having our fencing replaced and have discovered a War Department stone in our back garden!!
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

message #2527204 wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

He didn't ask for his exclusion. He told him to stop being a trolling twat every single morning
DragsterDriver wrote:He'll ask Houts nicely to make you the first permaban on the new bored you sad wankër :)
Insane_Homer

Post by Insane_Homer »

Boris Johnson wrote:"I know there will be many people looking at our apparent success, and beginning to wonder whether now is the time to go easy on those social distancing measures."
:? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

Insane_Homer wrote:
Boris Johnson wrote:"I know there will be many people looking at our apparent success, and beginning to wonder whether now is the time to go easy on those social distancing measures."
Patrick Vallance will, no doubt, be issuing a statement in due course.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Rinkals wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

DragsterDriver wrote:He'll ask Houts nicely to make you the first permaban on the new bored you sad wankër :)
You actually think Boris will call Houts? Get a life you sad old plum.
message #2527204

themaddog wrote:
Insane_Homer wrote:
They've been issuing statements for the past week or so saying exactly the same thing. Or don't you listen?
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

message #2527204 wrote:
themaddog wrote:
Insane_Homer wrote:
They've been issuing statements for the past week or so saying exactly the same thing. Or don't you listen?
As you clearly have been listening perhaps you can explain how apparent success equates with

Mr Vallance appeared before the Commons Health Select Committee on March 17, when the UK death toll stood at 71.

Asked whether it was hoped that deaths could potentially get below 20,000, he said: “That is the hope, that we can get it down to that. To put that into perspective, every year in seasonal flu the number of deaths is thought to be 8,000.

“If we can get numbers down to 20,000 and below, that’s a good outcome in terms of where we would hope to get to with this outbreak.”
message #2527204

themaddog wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
themaddog wrote:
Insane_Homer wrote:
As you clearly have been listening perhaps you can explain how apparent success equates with

Mr Vallance appeared before the Commons Health Select Committee on March 17, when the UK death toll stood at 71.

Asked whether it was hoped that deaths could potentially get below 20,000, he said: “That is the hope, that we can get it down to that. To put that into perspective, every year in seasonal flu the number of deaths is thought to be 8,000.

“If we can get numbers down to 20,000 and below, that’s a good outcome in terms of where we would hope to get to with this outbreak.”
Do you not notice the 'if' and the 'hope' in all of that? It's a f**king highly contagious, incurable disease affecting the world.
The success is a measure of the interventions bringing the curves down and R below 1. It's a collective success of the whole country and is to be celebrated.
There will be many more deaths from covid before a vaccine is found.
Last edited by message #2527204 on Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

I haven't been paying all that much attention to case trends here in the last couple of weeks.
Can anyone remind me when the provisional end of lockdown is supposed to be? It was extended to a week into May or so, wasn't it?

Are we likely to see any restrictions lifted at that stage?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Insane_Homer wrote:

Seriously wtf is wrong with you. We’ve been successful in dampening the virus.
message #2527204

Nolanator wrote:I haven't been paying all that much attention to case trends here in the last couple of weeks.
Can anyone remind me when the provisional end of lockdown is supposed to be? It was extended to a week into May or so, wasn't it?

There are five conditions the government has set out, but their pretty open to interpretation. You would imagine they're thinking, planning and modelling ways to lift it.
Openside

Post by Openside »

Insane_Homer wrote:

What is funny about that??
blindcider

Post by blindcider »

Nolanator wrote:I haven't been paying all that much attention to case trends here in the last couple of weeks.

I think we might, it will be minimal though. The great (sic) British public won't accept the lockdown much longer I think.
Insane_Homer

Post by Insane_Homer »

bimboman wrote:
Insane_Homer wrote:
Apparently
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Insane_Homer wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Insane_Homer wrote:
Apparently

As I said there’s something wrong with you.
Insane_Homer

Post by Insane_Homer »

Openside wrote:
Insane_Homer wrote:
success
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Insane_Homer wrote:
Openside wrote:
Insane_Homer wrote:
success

We’ve been successful in dampening the disease and protecting the health service.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

blindcider wrote:

I think we might, it will be minimal though. The great (sic) British public won't accept the lockdown much longer I think.
Similar in Ireland, from what I can see. "Standards" are slipping and people are becoming more complacent about the restrictions, or just plain ignoring them.
Not quite sure what to make of that here, TBH. Traffic is still way down and I haven't noticed any obvious social gatherings. I've seen some teenagers riding around on their bikes togother, but they've probably been doing that since the start.

The local common is quite busy, but generally people are keeping to themselves, although I could be convinced that I've seen a few bigger groups that probably aren't all one household.

I'm sure the limits to social adherence are modelled in to their plans, hence not locking down immediately.