Scummings going by Xmas..... Boris next year.

All things Rugby
OhNo

Re: Boris goooooone or going?

Post by OhNo »

Bimboc69 wrote:
happyhooker wrote:Just popped in to see how the Cummings story was going.

No surprises then. Jesus.
You know exactly who will defend the Tories exactly whatsoever they do.
Sad and pathetic really tbh
:lol: so self aware
slick

Post by slick »

bimboman wrote:
Raison D'etre wrote:Well France, Italy and Spain seem to have curtailled their excess deaths already while England's score is still half of the peak and now around France's at its full peak - so you tell me? Whatever way the apologists for failure try to spin it it looks like shit because what's exactly what it is - the worst management of the pandemic in Europe by a country mile.

It’s the same management Scotland has had.
Hang on Bimbo, hadn’t you spent most of the day telling us how Scotland’s separate policies had been a disaster?
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

bimboman

Post by bimboman »

slick wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Raison D'etre wrote:Well France, Italy and Spain seem to have curtailled their excess deaths already while England's score is still half of the peak and now around France's at its full peak - so you tell me? Whatever way the apologists for failure try to spin it it looks like shit because what's exactly what it is - the worst management of the pandemic in Europe by a country mile.

It’s the same management Scotland has had.
Hang on Bimbo, hadn’t you spent most of the day telling us how Scotland’s separate policies had been a disaster?

No.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

happyhooker wrote:Fairly punchy little thread.

https://mobile.twitter.com/peterjukes/s ... 3482767360

And it’s that article that will cost him his job. Rightly so.
OhNo

Post by OhNo »

Ian Blackford and the SNP doing their best to save Cummings by coming across as dishonest opportunist shits. Anymore of this and Cummings might just survive. Will have to see how the Tory Press play it tomorrow.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

OhNo wrote:Ian Blackford and the SNP doing their best to save Cummings by coming across as dishonest opportunist shits. Anymore of this and Cummings might just survive. Will have to see how the Tory Press play it tomorrow.

He can’t survive that crap written by his wife. Though he actually broke no law.
OhNo

Post by OhNo »

bimboman wrote:
OhNo wrote:Ian Blackford and the SNP doing their best to save Cummings by coming across as dishonest opportunist shits. Anymore of this and Cummings might just survive. Will have to see how the Tory Press play it tomorrow.

He can’t survive that crap written by his wife. Though he actually broke no law.
You would think so initially, but listening to Blackford lie and squirm made me think that Cummings enemies in the Tory party may not be able to get the momentum they need to oust him.
Last edited by OhNo on Sat May 23, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

bimboman wrote:

He won't lose his job, though he probably should.

'Let another newspaper make it appear this all happened in London". I think he gives her too much credit if he believes she's responsible for what other newspapers print.
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

He'll clearly try to ride this out and there will be a fair bit of justification etc. Who knows these days, he may even manage it.

I doubt it though. There will be genuine anger across the political spectrum. Sunday papers are one hurdle. Johnson would definitely rather not be answering questions from Starmer on this at PMQs on Wednesday
message #2527204

In other news, the government approval rating on yougov has dropped below the disapproval rating for the first time since mid March.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Few more details this morning -
-small number of people in No 10 knew that Cummings had gone to Durham, not stayed in London -seems it was his sister who had offered to help with childcare when he and his wife fell ill
-family stayed in separate house + had no contact in the end
I reckon he rides it out.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

message #2527204 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

'Let another newspaper make it appear this all happened in London". I think he gives her too much credit if he believes she's responsible for what other newspapers print.
Pity the poor sucker who gets the 5:00 pm briefing today if he hasn't gone
OhNo

Post by OhNo »

Margin_Walker wrote:He'll clearly try to ride this out and there will be a fair bit of justification etc. Who knows these days, he may even manage it.

I doubt it though. There will be genuine anger across the political spectrum. Sunday papers are one hurdle. Johnson would definitely rather not be answering questions from Starmer on this at PMQs on Wednesday
Actually Starmer may be interesting on this, if Cummings has broken no laws, he may not be comfortable pushing this.
Petros

Post by Petros »

SaintK wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Pity the poor sucker who gets the 5:00 pm briefing today if he hasn't gone
It's supposed to be Pritti but will they risk her?
message #2527204

Margin_Walker wrote:He'll clearly try to ride this out and there will be a fair bit of justification etc. Who knows these days, he may even manage it.

He's not a politician. Whether that helps or hinders is another question, as neither were the bonking scientist or the doctor with the second home in the country.
He does have a legitimate defence, but not as good as that tw@t Jenrick's
OhNo

Post by OhNo »

DragsterDriver wrote:
-small number of people in No 10 knew that Cummings had gone to Durham, not stayed in London -seems it was his sister who had offered to help with childcare when he and his wife fell ill
If the no contact with his parents is true and he stayed in the rules. At which point it just goes down to usual political yah boo and tribalism. Cummings will only go due to internal Tory pressure and will this be enough?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

The sister was to be the child care, separate building from parents , can’t survive that article.
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

OhNo wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
If the no contact with his parents is true and he stayed in the rules. At which point it just goes down to usual political yah boo and tribalism. Cummings will only go due to internal Tory pressure and will this be enough?
Not sure how travelling the length of the country to stay at his parent's property at that point could be with the rules.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

message #2527204 wrote:

He's not a politician. Whether that helps or hinders is another question, as neither were the bonking scientist or the doctor with the second home in the country.
He does have a legitimate defence, but not as good as that tw@t Jenrick's
Ahh, the ruling class. Dontcha just love them?
SamShark

Post by SamShark »

DragsterDriver wrote:
It's hilarious that Kuennsberg rebutts all negative commentary on behalf of No10, including even replying to journalists Tweeting their version of the story. Quite staggering.

She doesn't seem to care about being criticised for it so fair play I suppose.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Margin_Walker wrote:
OhNo wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Not sure how travelling the length of the country to stay at his parent's property at that point could be with the rules.

Because he was moving to where his child care was . Perfectly within the rules. That disingenuous article is what will do for him.
message #2527204

OhNo wrote:

Actually Starmer may be interesting on this, if Cummings has broken no laws, he may not be comfortable pushing this.
You think? :lol: Cummings is their key hated man. The evil, scheming mastermind of Brexit and the Conservative election victory. The man who cleared the cabinet of remainer resistance. Starmer will go for him with full force.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

SamShark wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
It's hilarious that Kuennsberg rebutts all negative commentary on behalf of No10, including even replying to journalists Tweeting their version of the story. Quite staggering.

I reckon he’s pulled them Into a false gotcha.
OhNo

Post by OhNo »

Margin_Walker wrote:
OhNo wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Listening to Today there is an exception if you need to arrange care for a ‘vulnerable person’ if you are unable to do so due to the virus. His 4 year old child fits in to the vulnerable person category and both parents were ill and were taking the child to Cummings sister. There are questions but there is wriggle room.
piquant

Post by piquant »

OhNo wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
If he had no contact with his parents, not even staying with them as the 2nd home after dropping child with his sister, and had no contact with the sister, and didn't drive 200+ miles putting the occupants of his car and other road users at risk he's got a fair shout at keeping his job. And he would have been putting other road users at risk given he collapsed within hours of arriving in Durham

If neither he nor his wife were able to continue looking after their child I think it would have been acceptable for his sister to drive and collect the child. But the rest of it is classic 4 legs good 2 legs better
message #2527204

bimboman wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
OhNo wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Because he was moving to where his child care was . Perfectly within the rules. That disingenuous article is what will do for him.
The article said nothing. Apparently the fact that another newspaper printed that she was in London, and she didn't instantly sue them for libel is the issue.
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

bimboman wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
OhNo wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Happy to be corrected, but as far as I'm aware the emergency childcare guidance was released in mid April after this.

Hence his actions were against the rules at the time.
OhNo

Post by OhNo »

message #2527204 wrote:
OhNo wrote:

You think? :lol: Cummings is their key hated man. The evil, scheming mastermind of Brexit and the Conservative election victory. The man who cleared the cabinet of remainer resistance. Starmer will go for him with full force.
Starmer isn’t a great politician and if goes for Cummings he will be stepping out of his ‘prepared forensic hindsight’ questioning and straight into Johnson’s.
piquant

Post by piquant »

OhNo wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
OhNo wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Listening to Today there is an exception if you need to arrange care for a ‘vulnerable person’ if you are unable to do so due to the virus. His 4 year old child fits in to the vulnerable person category and both parents were ill and were taking the child to Cummings sister. There are questions but there is wriggle room.
I'm not seeing any wriggle room in an unhealthy person driving hundreds of miles putting other people at risk with their driving, although he's with the right group if you want to justify your own selfish actions whilst not giving a shit about others
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

OhNo wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
OhNo wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Wasn't that introduced after he made is trip. There are suggestions that the guidelines were altered to fit.
message #2527204

DragsterDriver wrote:
SamShark wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

I reckon he’s pulled them Into a false gotcha.
They have a witness who just happened to be cycling past and was really quite upset.
OhNo

Post by OhNo »

Margin_Walker wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
OhNo wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Happy to be corrected, but as far as I'm aware the emergency childcare guidance was released in mid April after this.

Hence his actions were against the rules at the time.
Ok, so what was the guidance at the time? What was he meant to do with the 4 year old?
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

OhNo wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
OhNo wrote:

Starmer isn’t a great politician and if goes for Cummings he will be stepping out of his ‘prepared forensic hindsight’ questioning and straight into Johnson’s.
Straight into Johnson’s what?
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Upset enough to call the police. Given Cummings plenty of time to organise himself, he’ll know it’s been in the wings.
OhNo

Post by OhNo »

SaintK wrote:
OhNo wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
OhNo wrote:

Straight into Johnson’s what?
Meant to say territory.
piquant

Post by piquant »

OhNo wrote:
Ok, so what was the guidance at the time? What was he meant to do with the 4 year old?
Seeking assistance looking after his kid doesn't sound unreasonable, especially if done within a bubble. But driving himself, and his child, that far when he cannot possibly have been fit to drive doesn't sound even close to reasonable. He simply doesn't seem to have given even one shit for other road users. And I'll note again he's reported to have collapsed shortly after driving to Durham
piquant

Post by piquant »

The other person with questions to answer will be Boris given other well known personages have resigned. Boris and others in the cabinet will be asked questions about their role and understanding in this and on what timeline
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

piquant wrote:
OhNo wrote:
Seeking assistance looking after his kid doesn't sound unreasonable, especially if done within a bubble. But driving himself, and his child, that far when he cannot possibly have been fit to drive doesn't sound even close to reasonable. He simply doesn't seem to have given even one shit for other road users. And I'll note again he's reported to have collapsed shortly after driving to Durham

Or his wife drove you sexist pig:
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

No 10 will ride this out. Boris will go missing (if he hasn't already) and just ignore any questions regarding him.

The only issue is if somebody has a follow up ready to go like the Scottish cmo. Then he's toast.