Scummings going by Xmas..... Boris next year.

All things Rugby
Margin_Walker

Re: Boris goooooone or going?

Post by Margin_Walker »

Did a policeman speak to a member of his family?

Yes (if Durham Constabulary are to be believed). It would be true to say they spoke.

This is all a bit silly OS. There's really no need to tie yourself up in linguistic knots over it.
Insane_Homer

Post by Insane_Homer »

Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Margin_Walker wrote:Did a policeman speak to a member of his family?

Yes (if Durham Constabulary are to be believed). It would be true to say they spoke.

This is all a bit silly OS. There's really no need to tie yourself up in linguistic knots over it.
OS is making a tenuous distinction between “a chat” with a copper and “a talking to” from a copper.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

They conversed through the medium of interpretive dance.
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

Shapps on Sky news this morning describing Cummings as a stickler for the rules.

:lol:

This mob are fantastic value, it must be said.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Sandstorm wrote:

OS is making a tenuous distinction between “a chat” with a copper and “a talking to” from a copper.
Shapps saying Cummings Sr called the fuzz to make security arrangements.

No backwards and forwards visits to Durham.

Steve Baker wants Cummings under the bus.

Still looks to me like they’re struggling to pin anything on Cummings.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Margin_Walker wrote:Shapps on Sky news this morning describing Cummings as a stickler for the rules.

Yesterday's news. Let it go.

Interestingly youGov poll only just crept over 50% that thought he should be out. And that biased largely by the scotch and the metro bubblers.

No one cares, bro.
HKCJ

Post by HKCJ »

Steve Baker bang on the money when he says they are wasting a lot of political capital on this idiot. Fire him, hang him out to dry and move on. Instead this is gonna be at least a weeks news cycle.
piquant

Post by piquant »

Sefton wrote:They conversed through the medium of interpretive dance.
Is the first explanation for Cummings' dress sense
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

HKCJ wrote:Steve Baker bang on the money when he says they are wasting a lot of political capital on this idiot. Fire him, hang him out to dry and move on. Instead this is gonna be at least a weeks news cycle.
I’m a bit split on motive, they’re at war with the press and won’t want to lose, and it’s a great distraction away from government business.

Is he using the story or is the story using him? Depends if he’s as smart as he thinks he’s is.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

HKCJ wrote:Steve Baker bang on the money when he says they are wasting a lot of political capital on this idiot. Fire him, hang him out to dry and move on. Instead this is gonna be at least a weeks news cycle.

Baker loathes Cummings from the brexit campaign, but he’s right regarding the capital spent. problem is Cummings is the spirit animal of the collective .....

If he went twice clearly he’s a goner anyway.

He does trigger all the right people though. (Baker included).
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

message #2527204 wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:Shapps on Sky news this morning describing Cummings as a stickler for the rules.

Interestingly youGov poll only just crept over 50% that thought he should be out. And that biased largely by the scotch and the metro bubblers.

No one cares, bro.
Liberal metropolitan remoaner elite. And the majority of leave voters who also think he should go even before the second round of claims. And the Tory MPs breaking cover this morning.

Will all be fine then. They are absolutely burning ministers on this guy. If he weathers it then fair play to him. If not, they have taken a savage amount of damage for someone they should have cut loose.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

And let’s be clear, this isn’t a non political moral campaign by the press.
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

DragsterDriver wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

No backwards and forwards visits to London may imply the London sighting was incorrect. The omission of any specific denial re the Barnard Castle sighting may be more telling. His wife's London Lockdown article was sufficiently disingenuous to indicate a degree of guilt
Last edited by shereblue on Sun May 24, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Margin_Walker wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:

No one cares, bro.
Liberal metropolitan remoaner elite. And the majority of leave voters who also think he should go even before the second round of claims. And the Tory MPs breaking cover this morning.

Will all be fine then. They are absolutely burning ministers on this guy. If he weathers it then fair play to him. If not, they have taken a savage amount of damage for someone they should have cut loose.

Only twitter and piers Morgan thinks they’re “burning” ministers. No one but Cummings goes.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

shereblue wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

No backwards and forwards visits to London may imply the London sighting was incorrect. The omission of any specific denial re the Barnard Castle sighting may be more telling.
I think it was too risky to back him if they weren’t certain of their defence?
message #2527204

bimboman wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:

No one cares, bro.

Only twitter and piers Morgan thinks they’re “burning” ministers. No one but Cummings goes.
Cummings won't go.

Oh, and Piers Morgan is a cvnt.
piquant

Post by piquant »

DragsterDriver wrote:
So we're saying they leaked the details of the 2nd sightings to be sure they could call them a lie? It's a proven strategy in fairness
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

I'm just a humble liberal bubble guy (agonisingly outside the elite). Unlike many experts on here, I know nothing of the salt of the earth norvern types who flocked to Boris.

However, allow me a guess. I would think that a fair number who did respect the lockdown, will be unimpressed with Dom's "what did you do in the lockdown" tales.
Last edited by shereblue on Sun May 24, 2020 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like haggis

Post by I like haggis »

DragsterDriver wrote:
I’m a bit split on motive, they’re at war with the press and won’t want to lose, and it’s a great distraction away from government business.

Is he using the story or is the story using him? Depends if he’s as smart as he thinks he’s is.
I just don't think people care as much about culture wars with the Guardian when there's a pandemic.

I think this story is going to run because (a) the govt can't defend it and continue to say "stay at home if you have symptoms" or say "don't go to your mates and have a BBQ" with any credibility. And (b) people are frustrated and bored - everyone understands there's a lockdown but to put your life on hold for months and the government to have key officials cutting about against guidelines.
C69

Post by C69 »

:lol: ffs this is a storm in a tea cup.
The tory boys frothing about the injustice and just about evryone else laughing at the "thick of it like" script.
Shapps woeful performance yesterday was brilliant, the same question being asked time and time again in a different manner was as farcical as Shapps pathetic responses.
Comedy gold.
Last edited by C69 on Sun May 24, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
henry

Post by henry »

Someone switch Bimbobot on and off - he’s fallen on to a loop.

Trigger, trigger, trigger, triggered, trigger...
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

piquant wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
So we're saying they leaked the details of the 2nd sightings to be sure they could call them a lie? It's a proven strategy in fairness
No idea- it appears to date Cummings is a cock but not an idiot. He’s picked fights with everybody he’s met basically.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

shereblue wrote:I'm just a humble liberal bubble guy (agonisingly outside the elite). I know nothing of the salt of the earth norvern types who flocked to Boris unlike many experts on here.

However, allow me a guess. I would think that a fair number who did respect the lockdown, will be unimpressed with Dom's "what did you do in the lockdown" tales.

They won’t know nor care who Cummings is. They certainly won’t care about him going to the family home.

Real life is not twitter.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

henry wrote:Someone switch Bimbobot on and off - he’s fallen on to a loop.

God , haven’t you got a singular round of golf to play?
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

shereblue wrote:I'm just a humble liberal bubble guy (agonisingly outside the elite). Unlike many experts on here, I know nothing of the salt of the earth norvern types who flocked to Boris.

Can you edit out ‘humble’ please :P
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

I like haggis wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

I just don't think people care as much about culture wars with the Guardian when there's a pandemic.

I think this story is going to run because (a) the govt can't defend it and continue to say "stay at home if you have symptoms" or say "don't go to your mates and have a BBQ" with any credibility. And (b) people are frustrated and bored - everyone understands there's a lockdown but to put your life on hold for months and the government to have key officials cutting about against guidelines.
It’s a bit cliched- but I don’t think anybody really cares. It’s a scrap between the press and Cummings.
PCPhil

Post by PCPhil »

shereblue wrote:I'm just a humble liberal bubble guy (agonisingly outside the elite). Unlike many experts on here, I know nothing of the salt of the earth norvern types who flocked to Boris.

Stuff and nonsense per tish! Who hasn’t taken the opportunity whilst the roads are clear to pack their family into the car and drive the length and breadth of the country to visit the family farm and the old folks. No need to stop at any rest areas, with a 4 year old in the car, along the way either.
henry

Post by henry »

bimboman wrote:

Played yesterday. Delightful. I thoroughly recommend it. Take a break.
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

bimboman wrote:

No argument there. I think it's pretty clear a few ministers will be feeling a touch awkward when he does though.

But it will be worth it for all that triggering.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Margin_Walker wrote:
bimboman wrote:

No argument there. I think it's pretty clear a few ministers will be feeling a touch awkward when he does though.

Baker looked like he was going to cry when he spoke about Cummings being appointed :lol:

Anyway, how fücking weird is grown men telling other grown men to take a break from a rugby chat room...at the weekend...talking about politics.
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:I'm just a humble liberal bubble guy (agonisingly outside the elite). I know nothing of the salt of the earth norvern types who flocked to Boris unlike many experts on here.

They won’t know nor care who Cummings is. They certainly won’t care about him going to the family home.

Real life is not twitter.
You may call them "ignorant". I couldn't possibly comment.

If they care either way, I'd have hazarded a further guess that the residents in the former pit villages will feel only honour at the Londoner's visit to the family estate.

Still, I give way to Essex boy on his expertise of norvern affairs.
henry

Post by henry »

Margin_Walker wrote:
bimboman wrote:

I’m not sure Gove has the ability to feel anything.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

henry wrote:
bimboman wrote:

The minute my professional life allowed me to stop playing golf I threw my clubs into a river. It was most refreshing.
frillage

Post by frillage »

shereblue wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

No backwards and forwards visits to London may imply the London sighting was incorrect. The omission of any specific denial re the Barnard Castle sighting may be more telling. His wife's London Lockdown article was sufficiently disingenuous to indicate a degree of guilt
Apart from the photos.
message #2527204

DragsterDriver wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

It’s a bit cliched- but I don’t think anybody really cares. It’s a scrap between the press and Cummings.
It's a scrap between remoaners and Cummings.

Interestingly, the same yougov poll that said none cared, also came out at 75% who said he'd broken the rules.

So they think he did .... but don't give a shit. And most probably don't even know who he is.

Let's face it, the lock down is no longer a lock down at all since the 'stay alert' changes. Most people around here are bbqing in the garden and 'social distancing' with friends and family.
Last edited by message #2527204 on Sun May 24, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
henry

Post by henry »

bimboman wrote:
henry wrote:
bimboman wrote:

The minute my professional life allowed me to stop playing golf I threw my clubs into a river. It was most refreshing.
The sport’s gain is the internet’s loss.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Where as the “sport” is much richer for you rather impressive participation.
message #2527204

henry wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
bimboman wrote:

I’m not sure Gove has the ability to feel anything.
Not through the leather onesie and gimp mask.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

message #2527204 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

It's a scrap between remoaners and Cummings.

Interestingly, the same yougov poll that said none cared, also came out at 75% who said he'd broken the rules.

So they think he did .... but don't give a shit. And most probably don't even know who he is.

Let's face it, the lock down is no longer a lock down at all since the 'stay alert' changes. Most people around here are bbqing in the garden and 'social distancing' with friends and family.
He did it in March or early April though when everybody was told by Hancock it was an instruction to stay at home