Scummings going by Xmas..... Boris next year.

All things Rugby
I like haggis

Re: Boris goooooone or going?

Post by I like haggis »

message #2527204 wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:Of course they care.

People couldnt visit dying loved ones around that time, but this man calling the shots could do as he liked and expect to get away with it. It's disgraceful.
:lol:

He was looking after his family and followed all the rules.
Which everybody else was not allowed to do.
I'm pretty sure that many people did if they could. People make their own arrangements depending on circumstance.

Travelling for exceptional purposes has always been allowed. 20% of the country have not been following quarantine at all.

It's a non story at heart but good for bashing the government for a few days.
Any sources for this 20% claim?
C69

Post by C69 »

So back on topic regarding what happens after this all calms down.
Clearly some care homes especially in Scotland have lost loadsof their revenue with all the covid deaths.
Replacing residents is goingto be neigh on impossibleaspeoplejust don't want their loved onesplaced there.
This is going to surely herald the NHS and Social Services becoming one department again.
This looks like a massive issue that is going to be very expensive, complicated and will ask many many difficult questions.
nuffsaid

Post by nuffsaid »

iarmhiman wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Why poor me? I didn't lose anyone. I feel for those who did but you clearly don't. As someone who looks for a lot of sympathy on the mental health thread, i thought you might care.

Ah poor Dragster.
Scum.
Take another sabbatical from the bored m8 . Did you the world of good last time even it was only 2-3 months.
People bare their souls on that thread and to reference it here undermines the thread’s purpose and value. It’s a cheap shitty move and I’m surprised you don’t see that.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

iarmhiman wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:

People couldnt visit dying loved ones around that time, but this man calling the shots could do as he liked and expect to get away with it. It's disgraceful.

I'm pretty sure that many people did if they could. People make their own arrangements depending on circumstance.

Travelling for exceptional purposes has always been allowed. 20% of the country have not been following quarantine at all.

Oh it won't go away. The media will hound Cummings until he's gone. I wonder are they hiding any more dirt on him to be used at a later date

:lol: they've been hounding him for 5 years now ...and still Joe public has no idea who he is.

The timing of this suggests they don't. They'd have had much more success if it was closer to the bonking scientist, or Scottish cmo 'scandals'
C69

Post by C69 »

I like haggis wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:

Iirc it had been mentioned that that was the figure built into the government modelling.
message #2527204

I like haggis wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:

No. Find something to refute it.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

message #2527204 wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:

Oh it won't go away. The media will hound Cummings until he's gone. I wonder are they hiding any more dirt on him to be used at a later date

:lol: they've been hounding him for 5 years now ...and still Joe public has no idea who he is.

The timing of this suggests they don't. They'd have had much more success if it was closer to the bonking scientist, or Scottish cmo 'scandals'
Joe Public sees him as somebody who is allowed to operate outside the rules he most likely puts forward. Certainly after the latest chain of events
message #2527204

Bimboc69 wrote:
Openside wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Openside wrote: WHOOSH
It's actually a donkey sanctuary.

Well C69 has certainly made an ass of himself!! :P
Not at all it was a comment that message does all time like his Millionnaire Starmer posts.
I was waiting for him to post "lighten up".
Gee. Lighten up, dude
I like haggis

Post by I like haggis »

message #2527204 wrote:[
No. Find something to refute it.[/quote]

88% of people want lockdown to continue in the UK - https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/ar ... it-priorit

Strangely high when 20% of people are just ignoring it. Unless your argument is 8% of people want a lockdown they ignore to continue.

Quite admire the make up stats and put pressure on other people to refute them angle though.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

message #2527204 wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:

It’s a non story lads :lol: somebody tell the media
C69

Post by C69 »

The reactionary boys are showing Momentum levels of devotion to the Tory Milne.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Bimboc69 wrote:The reactionary boys are showing Momentum levels of devotion to the Tory Milne.
In fairness even bimbo has let this one fly. Message is either on the biggest wind up the board has seen since Refry or else he is of questionable sanity
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

LBC with our Nige is brilliant. The conclusion is that this a remain biased msm conspiracy to stop Brexit :thumbup:
Last edited by Frodder on Sun May 24, 2020 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
message #2527204

I like haggis wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
I like haggis wrote: Any sources for this 20% claim?
88% of people want lockdown to continue in the UK - https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/ar ... it-priorit

Strangely high when 20% of people are just ignoring it. Unless your argument is 8% of people want a lockdown they ignore to continue.

Quite admire the make up stats and put pressure on other people to refute them angle though.
Did you see the guy with his extended family drinking a beer on the beach complaining people were taking no notice of lockdown? And excusing himself for taking no notice?
:lol: people are idiots. They voted to fudge the country for bendy bananas, ffs

Sorry for the stats thing :thumbup:
easyray

Post by easyray »

I like haggis wrote:

Quite admire the make up stats and put pressure on other people to refute them angle though.[/quote]

Actually, it's a tried and tested tory/trump/brexiter play.

1. Make uo a complete bullshit statement
2. Make up stats to back up your claim
3. Put the onus on other people to prove you are wrong
4. When proved to be bullshit, scream fake news and biased media
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Frodder wrote:LBC with our Nige is brilliant. The conclusion is that this a remain biased msm conspiracy to stop Brexit :thumbup:

I’m not sure Baker would agree.
message #2527204

easyray wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
I like haggis wrote: Any sources for this 20% claim?

Actually, it's a tried and tested tory/trump/brexiter play.

1. Make uo a complete bullshit statement
2. Make up stats to back up your claim
3. Put the onus on other people to prove you are wrong
4. When proved to be bullshit, scream fake news and biased media

Stop being so hysterical.

Just Google it.

Here for example at the height of the epidemichttps://theconversation.com/coronavirus ... ion-135872
Last edited by message #2527204 on Sun May 24, 2020 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

bimboman wrote:
Frodder wrote:LBC with our Nige is brilliant. The conclusion is that this a remain biased msm conspiracy to stop Brexit :thumbup:

I’m not sure Baker would agree.
DC's best mate
piquant

Post by piquant »

Bimboc69 wrote:So back on topic regarding what happens after this all calms down.
Clearly some care homes especially in Scotland have lost loadsof their revenue with all the covid deaths.
Replacing residents is goingto be neigh on impossibleaspeoplejust don't want their loved onesplaced there.
This is going to surely herald the NHS and Social Services becoming one department again.
This looks like a massive issue that is going to be very expensive, complicated and will ask many many difficult questions.
The government response will be guided by the science, or blinded by the light Trump is shining at us to cure the UK whilst making off with out money

It is a serious issue, lots of residencies across the UK that aren't seeing enough backfill when we've got a few decades coming up suggesting we don't have enough spaces already. And into a sector that already saw too many homes losing money and local councils making insufficient payments
C69

Post by C69 »

piquant wrote:
Bimboc69 wrote:So back on topic regarding what happens after this all calms down.
The government response will be guided by the science, or blinded by the light Trump is shining at us to cure the UK whilst making off with out money

It is a serious issue, lots of residencies across the UK that aren't seeing enough backfill when we've got a few decades coming up suggesting we don't have enough spaces already. And into a sector that already saw too many homes losing money and local councils making insufficient payments
It's going to be a cluster feck
PCPhil

Post by PCPhil »

Dio mio! Just seen the Marr, Schapps interview. Schapps basically went for the Manuel technique, “I know nothing”.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Bimboc69 wrote:
piquant wrote:

I’m sure basing policy change after a once every century pandemic will be a good idea, especially if “revenue” has been hit.

Moron.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

bimboman wrote: I’m sure basing policy change after a once every century pandemic will be a good idea, especially if “revenue” has been hit.

Moron.
I like the new sign off :thumbup:
piquant

Post by piquant »

Bimboc69 wrote:
piquant wrote:

I tend towards judging situations more negatively, but it is good to see there's still some optimism out there
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

Openside wrote:
shereblue wrote:I'm just a humble liberal bubble guy (agonisingly outside the elite). Unlike many experts on here, I know nothing of the salt of the earth norvern types who flocked to Boris.

However, allow me a guess. I would think that a fair number who did respect the lockdown, will be unimpressed with Dom's "what did you do in the lockdown" tales.
God I thought you were a woman :shock: :blush:
Do you often come up with that line? :roll:
C69

Post by C69 »

shereblue wrote:
Openside wrote:
shereblue wrote:I'm just a humble liberal bubble guy (agonisingly outside the elite). Unlike many experts on here, I know nothing of the salt of the earth norvern types who flocked to Boris.

However, allow me a guess. I would think that a fair number who did respect the lockdown, will be unimpressed with Dom's "what did you do in the lockdown" tales.
Usually post coitally no doubt
message #2527204

shereblue wrote:
Openside wrote:

Not the first time he's used the phrase, I'd imagine.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Openside wrote:

shereblue

Post by shereblue »

PCPhil wrote:

Stuff and nonsense per tish! Who hasn’t taken the opportunity whilst the roads are clear to pack their family into the car and drive the length and breadth of the country to visit the family farm and the old folks. No need to stop at any rest areas, with a 4 year old in the car, along the way either.
When taking a well earned break, you surely leave any bleating 4 year old back in town with his nanny?
bobbity

Post by bobbity »

I like haggis wrote:

Quite admire the make up stats and put pressure on other people to refute them angle though.[/quote]

Listening to the revving bike engines and far too often discharging turbos, a good number of people would rather like lockdown to continue.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

bobbity wrote:
I like haggis wrote:

Listening to the revving bike engines and far too often discharging turbos, a good number of people would rather like lockdown to continue.[/quote]

I don't know. I'm guessing there are a lot of people who like Cummings think lock down is a good idea for other people to observe.
bobbity

Post by bobbity »

Yes. That's what I mean. The roads are quiet, some people are protecting the NHS by trying to ensure a good supply of organs.
piquant

Post by piquant »

bobbity wrote:Yes. That's what I mean. The roads are quiet, some people are protecting the NHS by trying to ensure a good supply of organs.
Would you want Cummings inside you?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Openside wrote:
piquant wrote:
bobbity wrote:Yes. That's what I mean. The roads are quiet, some people are protecting the NHS by trying to ensure a good supply of organs.

fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

I'm confused :?

I thought you'd already left; & Brexit had happened ?
message #2527204

piquant wrote:
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Only checked out a little bit of it but i got the impression Nigel wants Cummings gone and brexit doesn't come into it

https://youtu.be/5XdsLPL5WPw?t=822
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

fishfoodie wrote:

Farage still grinding that axe.........it's the only one he's got
piquant

Post by piquant »

SaintK wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:

Nigel does have other stated ambitions, the return of the death penalty and a restoration of gun ownership to the right sort of chap
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

piquant wrote:
SaintK wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:

Nigel does have other stated ambitions, the return of the death penalty and a restoration of gun ownership to the right sort of chap
A sort of two for the price of one combo ?