Scummings going by Xmas..... Boris next year.

All things Rugby
MrJonno

Re: Boris goooooone or just Cummings?

Post by MrJonno »

Openside wrote: The news that kids have more chance of being hit by lightning than dying of Corona has further weakened the workshy twats position.

Purely coincidently, I just read today that here in Myanmar so far this year 6 people have died with covid and 62 people have died from Lightning strikes, though I don't know how many of them also had covid.
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

message #2527204 wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
bimboman wrote:So forensic Keith is now playing the “long game”. :lol:
Do you need the term explained to you?

It's quite obvious that Dpedin feels that Starmer is allowing Boris to build himself up so that he can use it against him. That's what the expression "give him enough rope" is referring to and I'm a little surprised that you don't understand this; are you another who left school at 14?
That's not a good look rinkals
Fair enough.

It's difficult to tell if Bimbo is genuinely ignorant or feigning it in order to willfully misunderstand a point.
Difficut to tell if you really are the pompously arrogant master of bored patronising conceit, or just feigning it.
No, I'm pompously arrogant, I'm afraid. Particularly when in your presence, as a matter of fact.

Sorry. :(
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Genuine question - is anyone actually listnening to Boris anymore about family, BBQ's and social distancing, etc

There was a noticeable change of mood when the Cummings thing happened. I could see it in my village almost immediately after that whole debacle.

I know we are supposed to be taking advice from Sturgeon, but the Durham trip really undermined anything she wanted to do
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

BokJock wrote:Genuine question - is anyone actually listnening to Boris anymore about family, BBQ's and social distancing, etc

There was a noticeable change of mood when the Cummings thing happened. I could see it in my village almost immediately after that whole debacle.

I know we are supposed to be taking advice from Sturgeon, but the Durham trip really undermined anything she wanted to do

They did an extensive poll on this, 7% of the population said they’d been affected by the Cummings issue when asked directly.

7%.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

bimboman wrote:
BokJock wrote:Genuine question - is anyone actually listnening to Boris anymore about family, BBQ's and social distancing, etc

They did an extensive poll on this, 7% of the population said they’d been affected by the Cummings issue when asked directly.

7%.
they obviously didn't poll up here - the field by the river in our village was rammed with family and friends BBQing - and the amount of cars blocking up the little road leading to the field was an indication that they weren't local to the area.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

BokJock wrote:
bimboman wrote:

7%.
they obviously didn't poll up here - the field by the river in our village was rammed with family and friends BBQing - and the amount of cars blocking up the little road leading to the field was an indication that they weren't local to the area.

Oh I’m sure you recognised something “different “ I’d be amazed if that wasn’t true. Why didn’t the police close down the illegal activity in your village if it was illegal?
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

BokJock wrote:
bimboman wrote:

7%.
Surely that's scottish problem? It's clear that the English aren't welcome judging by the cyberNat hysteria.

I'm sure Calderwood going from house to house has something to do with it.
piquant

Post by piquant »

I'd like to be sticking two fingers up to Boris for his appalling behaviour in not firing Cummings but it's tricky to do that without risking someone I care about. I do know a number of local families started their own lifting of lockdown to varying extents in the week Cummings was more in the headlines as a disgrace, but they were likely getting very bored by then and might have been about to start ignoring the rules anyway.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

bimboman wrote:

7%.
we're believing polls again are we? it's just hard to keep up
C69

Post by C69 »

happyhooker wrote:
bimboman wrote:

7%.
Only if they are good polls not ones by the Communist MSM
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

happyhooker wrote:
bimboman wrote:

7%.

I could give that one a massive margin of error and still make the same point.
message #2527204

Nice to hear Beff asking the PM to apologise for only half of the mortalities rather than all of them as Hancock was asked to do.
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

message #2527204 wrote:
BokJock wrote:
bimboman wrote:

7%.
Surely that's scottish problem? It's clear that the English aren't welcome judging by the cyberNat hysteria.

Jesus.

They hates us!

Grow up.
message #2527204

Rinkals wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
BokJock wrote:
bimboman wrote:

7%.

Jesus.

They hates us!

Grow up.
Don't be ridiculous ... again.
The idea of closing the borders to the english had them spaffing up the walls in joy. And of course they don't like us, their innate superiority due to them living in a separate part of the country is the whole point.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

bimboman wrote:

7%.
Indeed - 1/3rd of those not following the guidelines said they'd been affected by the cummings issue, when asked directly.

1/3rd
piquant

Post by piquant »

ovalball wrote:
bimboman wrote:

7%.
Indeed - 1/3rd of those not following the guidelines said they'd been affected by the cummings issue, when asked directly.

1/3rd
There are actual studies now showing the position taken by Boris in not firing Cummings is so full of shit it's why we ran out of toilet paper, true story.
dargotronV.1

Post by dargotronV.1 »

message #2527204 wrote:Don't be ridiculous ... again.
The idea of closing the borders to the english had them spaffing up the walls in joy. And of course they don't like us, their innate superiority due to them living in a separate part of the country is the whole point.
We don't dislike the English. We just dislike you.
C69

Post by C69 »

dargotronV.1 wrote:
Tbh judging by his recent posts he doesn’t seem to like himself that much.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Toby Young giving it plenty on LBC
PCPhil

Post by PCPhil »

dargotronV.1 wrote:
Seems fair.
PCPhil

Post by PCPhil »

PCPhil wrote:Hmmm. Will there be one less advisor for future press briefings?
Good to feel smug. :D
https://www.indy100.com/article/dominic ... ng-9560046
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Frodder wrote:Toby Young giving it plenty on LBC
They should tell him to fuck off like they just told Nigel
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

PCPhil wrote:
PCPhil wrote:Hmmm. Will there be one less advisor for future press briefings?
Good to feel smug. :D
https://www.indy100.com/article/dominic ... ng-9560046
Straight out of the Trump playbook
"Following the science" but not if it's politically inconvenient
message #2527204

dargotronV.1 wrote:
Awww. Feel sorry for you.
Petros

Post by Petros »

And Jenrick avoided the House today sending a minion to answer questions about Jenrick's decision to overrule a planning inspector in favour of a Tory donor.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53007018

The same Jenrick who upped sticks out of London with his family at the start of lockdown
message #2527204

£12K for a billion quid property scheme? Don't put jenrick anywhere near the EU negotiating team, please.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Anonymous. wrote:
Frodder wrote:Toby Young giving it plenty on LBC
They should tell him to fuck off like they just told Nigel
Gone with immediate effect. Sounds like a sacking which has sent the Mail comments section into meltdown
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

message #2527204 wrote:£12K for a billion quid property scheme? Don't put jenrick anywhere near the EU negotiating team, please.
The fact that he was actually in Parliament today and didn't have the bottle to answer the urgent question himself sums him up though.
Another entitled c unt
message #2527204

SaintK wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:£12K for a billion quid property scheme? Don't put jenrick anywhere near the EU negotiating team, please.
The fact that he was actually in Parliament today and didn't have the bottle to answer the urgent question himself sums him up though.
Another entitled c unt
Do senior ministers usually get 'called' into parliament, or does he usually have an allotted time for questions, like the PM?
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

message #2527204 wrote:
SaintK wrote:
Another entitled c unt
Do senior ministers usually get 'called' into parliament, or does he usually have an allotted time for questions, like the PM?
This was an urgent question which The Speaker granted. Jenrick was in the House today so could have answered it himself but chose to send a junior minister who didn't even attend the dinner in question. Makes him look like the sh it he appers to be.
Secretary's of state make statements and take questions on a regular basis but not like PMQ's on a fixed weekly basis
Jenrick by his own admission is sailing very close the wind in the legality of his decision on the planning application and is due in front of the Communities Select Committee next week, he can't bottle out of that one
I like haggis

Post by I like haggis »

SaintK wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
SaintK wrote:
Another entitled c unt
This was an urgent question which The Speaker granted. Jenrick was in the House today so could have answered it himself but chose to send a junior minister who didn't even attend the dinner in question. Makes him look like the sh it he appers to be.
Secretary's of state make statements and take questions on a regular basis but not like PMQ's on a fixed weekly basis
Jenrick by his own admission is sailing very close the wind in the legality of his decision on the planning application and is due in front of the Communities Select Committee next week, he can't bottle out of that one
Clearly a Tory donor paid for a sweetheart deal he'll make a mint out of but is this even in a national story nowadays?

We have the covid balls up, the riots, does some good old fashioned corruption cut through?
piquant

Post by piquant »

message #2527204 wrote:
SaintK wrote:
Another entitled c unt
Is this urgent questions? If so they're directed at a specific member of government, but it's up to government who responds.

Increasingly we've seen more junior ministers responding to UQs, maybe 70-80% of the time these days it's not the senior minister, though I strongly recall under Bercow the number of UQs granted went up more than a little bit. If he was actually there today and wouldn't have had to leave his office to get down there it's more than a bit pathetic, there is something in having to leave your schedule to rush at the beck and call of the speaker being counter productive

There isn't a weekly allotted time for the questioning of individual ministers as there is with PMQs, but every week government department have to front up on a rota basis to answer questions in parliament. Most questions have to be submitted in advance, but in sessions which allow a topical question minsters can be called on to answer to anything they have a responsibility for after working through the advance questions
message #2527204

piquant wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
SaintK wrote:
Another entitled c unt
Is this urgent questions? If so they're directed at a specific member of government, but it's up to government who responds.

Increasingly we've seen more junior ministers responding to UQs, maybe 70-80% of the time these days it's not the senior minister, though I strongly recall under Bercow the number of UQs granted went up more than a little bit. If he was actually there today and wouldn't have had to leave his office to get down there it's more than a bit pathetic, there is something in having to leave your schedule to rush at the beck and call of the speaker being counter productive

There isn't a weekly allotted time for the questioning of individual ministers as there is with PMQs, but every week government department have to front up on a rota basis to answer questions in parliament. Most questions have to be submitted in advance, but in sessions which allow a topical question minsters can be called on to answer to anything they have a responsibility for after working through the advance questions
:thumbup: cheers

Who decides whether a question is urgent, and why?
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

message #2527204 wrote:
piquant wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
SaintK wrote:
Another entitled c unt

If an urgent or important matter arises which an MP believes requires an immediate answer from a government minister, they may apply to ask an urgent question.

MPs may request that the Speaker considers their application for an Urgent Question each day. Applications for urgent questions must be submitted to the Speaker to receive an oral answer on the same day. The deadlines for application to the Speaker's Office are as follows:

Monday - 11.30am
Tuesday and Wednesday - 10am
Thursday - 8.15am
Friday - 8.30am
If the Speaker is satisfied that the question is urgent and of public importance it is then granted. Urgent Questions are asked straight after Question Time on Monday to Thursday, or at 11am on a sitting Friday and may be repeated in the House of Lords.

The relevant Government Minister has to come to the Chamber to explain what the Government is doing on the issue raised. The Minister will then usually take questions on the subject from MPs. The Department is also asked to provide a backgroud briefing on the issue for the Speaker and declare any relevant interests.
https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/bus ... questions/
PCPhil

Post by PCPhil »

message #2527204
If, forget anything else, he tried to rush a scheme through to save £40M for a private company, money that was to be earmarked for local education and health projects and has admitted this was not legal.
Is this okay in your book? Simple yes/no will do.
message #2527204

PCPhil wrote:message #2527204
If, forget anything else, he tried to rush a scheme through to save £40M for a private company, money that was to be earmarked for local education and health projects and has admitted this was not legal.
No. Not at all, obviously.
message #2527204

SaintK wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
piquant wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
SaintK wrote: The fact that he was actually in Parliament today and didn't have the bottle to answer the urgent question himself sums him up though.
Another entitled c unt

If an urgent or important matter arises which an MP believes requires an immediate answer from a government minister, they may apply to ask an urgent question.

MPs may request that the Speaker considers their application for an Urgent Question each day. Applications for urgent questions must be submitted to the Speaker to receive an oral answer on the same day. The deadlines for application to the Speaker's Office are as follows:

Monday - 11.30am
Tuesday and Wednesday - 10am
Thursday - 8.15am
Friday - 8.30am
If the Speaker is satisfied that the question is urgent and of public importance it is then granted. Urgent Questions are asked straight after Question Time on Monday to Thursday, or at 11am on a sitting Friday and may be repeated in the House of Lords.

The relevant Government Minister has to come to the Chamber to explain what the Government is doing on the issue raised. The Minister will then usually take questions on the subject from MPs. The Department is also asked to provide a backgroud briefing on the issue for the Speaker and declare any relevant interests.
https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/bus ... questions/
Cheers :thumbup:
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

message #2527204 wrote:
No. Not at all obviously.
PCPhil

Post by PCPhil »

message #2527204 wrote:
Okay. Cool.
Openside

Post by Openside »

happyhooker wrote:Bloody hell OS. When did you go full colonel blimp?
How is that Colonel Blimp? This is a fucking nonsense, people need to set their own risk parameters and let everyone else just get on with it. By all accounts London hasn’t really done lockdown at all.