Scummings going by Xmas..... Boris next year.

All things Rugby
bimboman

Re: Boris goooooone or just Cummings?

Post by bimboman »

PCPhil wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Frodder wrote:
PCPhil wrote::lol: another scientific advisor bites the dust.
She's trending on Twitter so we were told
She ?
I know. But it's hard to keep up. They are hemorrhaging advisors at the moment. The rumour is that they are setting up a number of Nightingale schools to get more of them trained for the rigours of the press briefings.

No advisors have left..... hemorrhage.

Sorry, Neil 500,000 deaths Ferguson....
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

So who the f uck didn’t obey the lockdown ? The three counties of the east Anglia including a large home county has today produced .

1 death and 5 new cases tested positive.

Why am I locked in still?
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

bimboman wrote:So who the f uck didn’t obey the lockdown ? The three counties of the east Anglia including a large home county has today produced .

1 death and 5 new cases tested positive.

Why am I locked in still?
Cos your from 'arlow innit?

...or are you in gaol?
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

C69

Post by C69 »

MSM bullshit you Communist terrorist supporting millionnaire manshion living errr
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

What is MSM?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

message #2527204

Sefton wrote:What is MSM?
The "Thank fudge he's not Corbyn" bounce?
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

Men who have sex with men.
C69

Post by C69 »

YOYO wrote:
Mainstream media.
You prefer the above though :thumbup:
Good on you
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

This week my company started the redundancy consultation phase with the people identified as having their jobs at risk. I'm guessing come July 31st they will get the bullet. Just wonder how many of the near 9 million on furlough will be let go on the same day.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Anonymous. wrote:This week my company started the redundancy consultation phase with the people identified as having their jobs at risk. I'm guessing come July 31st they will get the bullet. Just wonder how many of the near 9 million on furlough will be let go on the same day.

Expect at least 3 million unemployed.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

bimboman wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:This week my company started the redundancy consultation phase with the people identified as having their jobs at risk. I'm guessing come July 31st they will get the bullet. Just wonder how many of the near 9 million on furlough will be let go on the same day.

It's 1.5 million at the moment. 3 million is very conservative
croyals

Post by croyals »

Anonymous. wrote:
bimboman wrote:

With a 20.4% drop in GDP in a month you have to think unemployment will hit Great Depression territory. My firm is 50/50 as to surviving this crisis.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

croyals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
bimboman wrote:

With a 20.4% drop in GDP in a month you have to think unemployment will hit Great Depression territory. My firm is 50/50 as to surviving this crisis.
Devastating isn't it. All these thriving businesses switched to life support in no time at all.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

2m rule now under official review. Thought it was under review before but let's go with it
Salanya

Post by Salanya »

Frodder wrote:2m rule now under official review. Thought it was under review before but let's go with it
They're trying to soften all the U-turns now, so they can pretend they're just 'gentle meanderings' in the road.

And obviously they want to string out the time for any decision making with further reviews of the review. Wouldn't want to give businesses and organisations actual time to plan for implementation and reopening...
croyals

Post by croyals »

Frodder wrote:2m rule now under official review. Thought it was under review before but let's go with it
They've worked out you can't open pubs and restaurants and make any money whilst that's the rule.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

croyals wrote:
They've worked out you can't open pubs and restaurants and make any money whilst that's the rule.
That's my take. Looks like July 4th reopening is out of the window
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Frodder wrote:
croyals wrote:

Pray that’s not true. The economy is close to finished as it is.

Also some business will open regardless now.
Salanya

Post by Salanya »

Frodder wrote:
croyals wrote:
Nah, they'll announce the change on 2nd July.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

The “elimination of all risk” is f ucking stupid.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Salanya wrote:
Frodder wrote:
croyals wrote:
Nah, they'll announce the change on 2nd July.
It can't. Businesses preparing for the 2m rule then told to change at the last minute would be er......yes, you're probably right.

Schools also need the rule change
BlackMac

Post by BlackMac »

ovalball wrote:
dpedin wrote:
bimboman wrote:
As a quick update the numbers going through the system in Scotland are low, primarily because it seems the public have listened to the stay at home and isolation messages. The number of contacts needing to be traced per new person infected is less than 2 and community transmission rates are now low and falling. This is good news!

The numbers are low because you’re a tiny country.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hasn't Scotland got the 3rd highest covid death rate (deaths per 1000 population) in the world ??
It depends what figures you read. The SG shit the bed about transparency early doors and have included all deaths where Covid is suspected. This has led to a situation where every care home death has been recorded as Covid since early April.
Bayern

Post by Bayern »

2m distancing would make it awfully difficult for barbers (those with long arms aside). The queues alone would stretch for miles so they would...
message #2527204

If you announce that the 2m rule will be relaxed in July, it will be gone immediately, just like all the other easing measures. People won't wait three days let alone a couple of weeks.
tabascoboy

Post by tabascoboy »

Bayern wrote:2m distancing would make it awfully difficult for barbers (those with long arms aside). The queues alone would stretch for miles so they would...
Nah, barbers just need one of these:
Petros

Post by Petros »

SaintK wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:£12K for a billion quid property scheme? Don't put jenrick anywhere near the EU negotiating team, please.
The fact that he was actually in Parliament today and didn't have the bottle to answer the urgent question himself sums him up though.
Another entitled c unt

And more iffy behaviour from Jenrick with developers

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... evelopment
Petros

Post by Petros »

SaintK wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:£12K for a billion quid property scheme? Don't put jenrick anywhere near the EU negotiating team, please.
The fact that he was actually in Parliament today and didn't have the bottle to answer the urgent question himself sums him up though.
Another entitled c unt

message #2527204

Petros wrote:
SaintK wrote:
Another entitled c unt

Doesn't seem that iffy. I think Jenrick is genuinely stupid and manipulated, and wanted a large feather in his cap. rather than looking for a profit. Still has questions to answer.
Bayern

Post by Bayern »

tabascoboy wrote:
Bayern wrote:2m distancing would make it awfully difficult for barbers (those with long arms aside). The queues alone would stretch for miles so they would...
Nah, barbers just need one of these:
:lol: Whilst not surprising in any way it was annoying the things you couldn't buy online hair clippers being one of them. I have been making do with a beard trimmer though it was craftily advertised as a hair trimmer (Argos). I thought I'd hit the jackpot when I managed to secure one a couple of months back, disappointing to see that it only measured an inch across when it arrived and I unpacked it. I mean what you going to do, send it back? Thank god for baseball caps!
Dumbells was another item you couldn't get, so to exercise bikes, treadmills etc..
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

bimboman wrote:
PCPhil wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Frodder wrote:
PCPhil wrote::lol: another scientific advisor bites the dust.
She ?
I know. But it's hard to keep up. They are hemorrhaging advisors at the moment. The rumour is that they are setting up a number of Nightingale schools to get more of them trained for the rigours of the press briefings.

OK he may have overestimated by 30,000. In the Bimbo book that is a chicken dinner
They estimated 3.2 million people would have died by 4 May if not for measures such as closing businesses and telling people to stay at home.

That meant lockdown saved around 3.1 million lives, including 470,000 in the UK, 690,000 in France and 630,000 in Italy, the report in the journal Nature shows.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52968523
message #2527204

Anonymous. wrote:
bimboman wrote:
PCPhil wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Frodder wrote:
She ?

OK he may have overestimated by 30,000. In the Bimbo book that is a chicken dinner
They estimated 3.2 million people would have died by 4 May if not for measures such as closing businesses and telling people to stay at home.

That meant lockdown saved around 3.1 million lives, including 470,000 in the UK, 690,000 in France and 630,000 in Italy, the report in the journal Nature shows.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52968523
We're well on the way to 100k by the end of the year, I'd have thought.

I think Fergusen is probably using his own figure of 500k and taking 30k off that for the publication and patting himself on the back.

Still.... 400 000+ lives saved by the government interventions is not to be sniffed at.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Frodder wrote:
croyals wrote:
It's going to happen
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

happyhooker wrote:
Frodder wrote:
croyals wrote:
It's going to happen
Yep! Friend of my daughter's is a Regional Manager for Greene King. All pub managers in his region (not sure if it's just those with gardens and large outdoor areas) taken off furlough from Monday to start preparations for re-opening
I like haggis

Post by I like haggis »

message #2527204 wrote:
Petros wrote:
SaintK wrote:
Another entitled c unt

Doesn't seem that iffy. I think Jenrick is genuinely stupid and manipulated, and wanted a large feather in his cap. rather than looking for a profit. Still has questions to answer.
I agree that Jenrick is stupid and looking for a coup rather than out and out corrupt. Still should be a resignation issue - can't be giving party donors sweetheart deals stupid or not.
message #2527204

I like haggis wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Petros wrote:
SaintK wrote:
Another entitled c unt

I agree that Jenrick is stupid and looking for a coup rather than out and out corrupt. Still should be a resignation issue - can't be giving party donors sweetheart deals stupid or not.
The guy donates to all the major parties - should he never get a contract? As I said above, 12k is fudge all isn't it, unless it went inot Jenricks pocket?

It's a joke to suggest that someone with a billion quid to invest shouldn't be talking to ministers. And yes of course he's going to make money out of it.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

happyhooker wrote:
Frodder wrote:
croyals wrote:
It's going to happen
That was written with passion Double H
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

message #2527204 wrote: The guy donates to all the major parties - should he never get a contract? As I said above, 12k is fudge all isn't it, unless it went inot Jenricks pocket?

It's a joke to suggest that someone with a billion quid to invest shouldn't be talking to ministers. And yes of course he's going to make money out of it.
Maybe get the contract the following day.What do you think ?
message #2527204

Anonymous. wrote:
message #2527204 wrote: The guy donates to all the major parties - should he never get a contract? As I said above, 12k is fudge all isn't it, unless it went inot Jenricks pocket?

Maybe get the contract the following day.What do you think ?
I think if you're doing business and can get a contract that favours you, then that is what you do, whether its good for the other guy or not.