Scummings going by Xmas..... Boris next year.

All things Rugby
ukjim

Re: Boris goooooone or just Cummings?

Post by ukjim »

come on guys they are obviously the "undeserving poor" I bet they have mobile phones and sky tv

otherwise they would out on bicycles, pulling themselves up by the bootstraps etc etc.

And yes the kids should suffer to teach those workshy fuckers a lesson.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

ukjim wrote:come on guys they are obviously the "undeserving poor" I bet they have mobile phones and sky tv

otherwise they would out on bicycles, pulling themselves up by the bootstraps etc etc.

https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit
ukjim

Post by ukjim »

bimboman wrote:
ukjim wrote:come on guys they are obviously the "undeserving poor" I bet they have mobile phones and sky tv

https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit
they spend it all on booze and fags I bet
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

PCPhil wrote:I think it’s refreshing that we have a government (SPAD) able to flit like like a butterfly from one position to another on the lightest breeze of opinion poll.
I said that last election, that it isn't entirely a bad thing.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

eldanielfire wrote:
PCPhil wrote:I think it’s refreshing that we have a government (SPAD) able to flit like like a butterfly from one position to another on the lightest breeze of opinion poll.
Democracy in action. Shouldn't expect the lefties to understand it.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

message #2527204 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Until Harry Kane publishes his manifesto for social care in the 21st century.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

bimboman wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Until Harry Kane publishes his manifesto for social care in the 21st century.
When is Raab gonna move to left back?
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

happyhooker wrote:Oh god, have we started on the 'takeaway/crap food is more expensive' sideshow again.

It's a nuanced argument, so I don't expect you to get it, but it is a combination of things, including education and attitude. There is, however, a serious cost element in why the poorest amongst us eat rubbish food. I'm not going into it again, but the bootstrap cook puts it far better than I could anyway.
Seriously, I disagree. Broadly the parents who don't feed their kids properly know broadly hat chips, pizza and burgers are not healthy and salads, veg and unprocessed foods are healthier and cheaper. A pizza may be a quid or two, but a pasta pot is even less. Education isn't a problem in this case. I know because I've led or been part of many outreach programs, experiments and trails at my schools for Pupil premium kids.

It comes down to selfish, lazy or bad parenting in most cases. It's not about rich or poor. It's years of neglect. It afflicts a fair few rich parents as well. Plenty of poor parents never fail to provide a meal for their kids. Now why bad parenting of this kind falls into poor households more is another debate.
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

PCPhil wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:Image
Oh ffs.
Worth a repeat. Oh.....f.....f.....s.....

Do a bit of research in future.
It's Message.

Any research he does will support his reasoning or it will be jettisoned as unreliable.
message #2527204

Rinkals wrote:
PCPhil wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Oh ffs.

It's Message.

Any research he does will support his reasoning or it will be jettisoned as unreliable.
I researched that graph. Just so happens that along with the tens of thousands he's helping, Rashford could be condemning tens of thousands of kids to a miserable unfit life and then death by covid.
Salanya

Post by Salanya »

eldanielfire wrote:
When it comes to these common sense issues which they get wrong at first, I'm glad they're U-turn government.
And if a government can admit they get some things wrong, because of lack of knowledge or understanding of a certain situation for example, I'm all for it, and it would actually make the politicians more credible.

Though the amount of U-turns, or changes in direction/policy, does eventually become a concern. The question arises: are the politicians so badly informed, or so inept, that they can't devise policies without getting things wrong first? Being corrected by experts is one thing, having to be corrected by a 22-year-old footballer is not a good look (obviously the footballer in question has good understanding of the issue, and a platform to make changes).
And if they struggle devising policies, how can we build trust in them to actually implement them?

And one of the biggest issues that they needed to make a U-turn on to ensure public confidence in the government, the Cummings issue, was publicly defended by the PM and further issues ignored.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

If Eldanielbore is leading an outreach program on healthy eating is it any wonder he has no impact, it’s a miracle the poor bastards even come out of their coma.
frillage

Post by frillage »

message #2527204 wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
PCPhil wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Oh ffs.

It's Message.

I researched that graph. Just so happens that along with the tens of thousands he's helping, Rashford could be condemning tens of thousands of kids to a miserable unfit life and then death by covid.
Never go full retard.
message #2527204

frillage wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
PCPhil wrote:
happyhooker wrote: Oh ffs.

It's Message.

Never go full retard.
Excellent argument.

I think having compulsory sport and athletics taught on school pitches during the summer would be benificial in the long run. A twin pronged attack.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

:lol: On the Rashford extended free lucnhes thing, Labour tweeted out

The Labour Party
@UKLabour
We did it! Thank you to everyone who campaigned for #HolidaysWithoutHunger Raising hands
Now every one is calling them John Terry :lol: :lol: :lol:
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

eldanielfire wrote:
happyhooker wrote:Oh god, have we started on the 'takeaway/crap food is more expensive' sideshow again.

It's a nuanced argument, so I don't expect you to get it, but it is a combination of things, including education and attitude. There is, however, a serious cost element in why the poorest amongst us eat rubbish food. I'm not going into it again, but the bootstrap cook puts it far better than I could anyway.
Seriously, I disagree. Broadly the parents who don't feed their kids properly know broadly hat chips, pizza and burgers are not healthy and salads, veg and unprocessed foods are healthier and cheaper. A pizza may be a quid or two, but a pasta pot is even less. Education isn't a problem in this case. I know because I've led or been part of many outreach programs, experiments and trails at my schools for Pupil premium kids.

It comes down to selfish, lazy or bad parenting in most cases. It's not about rich or poor. It's years of neglect. It afflicts a fair few rich parents as well. Plenty of poor parents never fail to provide a meal for their kids. Now why bad parenting of this kind falls into poor households more is another debate.
It's like you didn't even read my post. I highlighted that cost was only one of the problems. I even mentioned education and attitude. And the word nuance.

Oh and bimbo, I could have written your response in advance.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

eldanielfire wrote::lol: On the Rashford extended free lucnhes thing, Labour tweeted out

The Labour Party
@UKLabour
We did it! Thank you to everyone who campaigned for #HolidaysWithoutHunger Raising hands
Rashford's dad is a drug dealer?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Indeed HH, but that’s because you’re quoting a Marxist activist attention seeking twat.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

happyhooker wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

It's like you didn't even read my post. I highlighted that cost was only one of the problems. I even mentioned education and attitude. And the word nuance.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but it reads like you are saying junkfood is cheaper, hence the poor problem, certainly after the first line when you dismiss takeaways are more expensive arguments. Apologies if I got the wrong gist.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Frodder wrote:
eldanielfire wrote::lol: On the Rashford extended free lucnhes thing, Labour tweeted out

The Labour Party
@UKLabour
Not Rashford, The Labour party. I don't know if Keir Hardie dealt drugs.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

eldanielfire wrote:
Frodder wrote:

The Labour Party
@UKLabour
What's the John Terry connection (dare I ask)
dargotronV.1

Post by dargotronV.1 »

Probably a reference to the time Terry bombed a cup final celebration by donning a top to pretend he was playing in the game that won the title. Or something like that.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

dargotronV.1 wrote:Probably a reference to the time Terry bombed a cup final celebration by donning a top to pretend he was playing in the game that won the title. Or something like that.
Oh right, not his baiting of American tourists in the aftermath of 911 or his mum being a shoplifter
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Frodder wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Frodder wrote:

The Labour Party
@UKLabour
What's the John Terry connection (dare I ask)

dargotronV.1

Post by dargotronV.1 »

Frodder wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:Probably a reference to the time Terry bombed a cup final celebration by donning a top to pretend he was playing in the game that won the title. Or something like that.
Oh right, not his baiting of American tourists in the aftermath of 911 or his mum being a shoplifter
Bloomin eck didn't know that. I think we can all agree that Mr Rashford sets a better example than Mr Terry.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

dargotronV.1 wrote:
Frodder wrote:
Bloomin eck didn't know that. I think we can all agree that Mr Rashford sets a better example than Mr Terry.
Many people's wives agree.
message #2527204

dargotronV.1 wrote:
Frodder wrote:
I think we can agree that he sets a better example than whoever writes the Labour party twits
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

SaintK wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Why on earth should he be paid the same as you? He's being paid what the market thinks his worth.

I’m not asking for his “pay” to be changed , just that he should be taxed before I am for policies he wants enacted, how isn’t that fair?
So a higher taxex for the wealthy? That's not like your usual position.
Are he suggesting that Remoaners shouldn't have to pay taxes post-Brexit?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Yer Man wrote:
SaintK wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Why on earth should he be paid the same as you? He's being paid what the market thinks his worth.

I’m not asking for his “pay” to be changed , just that he should be taxed before I am for policies he wants enacted, how isn’t that fair?

Are not. That was a decision reached by a democratic mandate not a footballers strop.
I like haggis

Post by I like haggis »

Rashford will easy be paying the top rate of income tax. But I welcome comrade Bimbo in his quest for the tax rate to increase for top earners.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

bimboman wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
SaintK wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Are not. That was a decision reached by a democratic mandate not a footballers strop.
Really? Just stop it.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

I like haggis wrote:Rashford will easy be paying the top rate of income tax. But I welcome comrade Bimbo in his quest for the tax rate to increase for top earners.
Next thing you know he'll be demanding that the Tories stop taking donations from tax exiles ... :shock:
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Boris stating he didn't know about the free school meal thingy until today. You just got to love the guy
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Really? Just stop it.

Yes really. Some time soon similar policy changes will be made by noise and media and it’ll be something you don’t approve of. It’s a terrible way to govern.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

I like haggis wrote:Rashford will easy be paying the top rate of income tax. But I welcome comrade Bimbo in his quest for the tax rate to increase for top earners.

I want a “rashford tax” ....
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

bimboman wrote:
Really? Just stop it.

Yes really. Some time soon similar policy changes will be made by noise and media and it’ll be something you don’t approve of. It’s a terrible way to govern.
You mean there aren't ex MP's, Spads and party donors lobbying their own interests affecting policy already. Unfortunately we rarely get to hear most of those
Not comparable to what Rashford achieved today
Salanya

Post by Salanya »

Frodder wrote:Boris stating he didn't know about the free school meal thingy until today. You just got to love the guy
When you say 'love'......
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

bimboman wrote:Indeed HH, but that’s because you’re quoting a Marxist activist attention seeking twat.
On the contrary, she's very pleasant but can see why she would rile you.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

SaintK wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Really? Just stop it.

You mean there aren't ex MP's, Spads and party donors lobbying their own interests affecting policy already. Unfortunately we rarely get to hear most of those
Not comparable to what Rashford achieved today

As I said one day you won’t approve. All we’ve done is take another step to a socialist state.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

eldanielfire wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Sorry if I misunderstood, but it reads like you are saying junkfood is cheaper, hence the poor problem, certainly after the first line when you dismiss takeaways are more expensive arguments. Apologies if I got the wrong gist.
You very much misunderstood me, but it's a lovely evening and I can't be arsed.