Scummings going by Xmas..... Boris next year.

All things Rugby
PCPhil

Re: Boris goooooone or just Cummings?

Post by PCPhil »

”abide with me”
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

She promised the job to her own euro negotiator didn't she?
Saint

Post by Saint »

The whole point of this was to allow the government to appoint people with expertise wasn't it? That's what Borus said the other day
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

Saint wrote:The whole point of this was to allow the government to appoint people with expertise wasn't it? That's what Borus said the other day
Boris in telling porkies shocker.
Saint

Post by Saint »

ovalball wrote:
Saint wrote:The whole point of this was to allow the government to appoint people with expertise wasn't it? That's what Borus said the other day
Somewhere along the line my intended audience for a comment might feel shamed into response
juddy

Post by juddy »

Saint wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Somewhere along the line my intended audience for a comment might feel shamed into response
he's not exactly an inexperienced outsider, having had a long career in the foreign office.
Petros

Post by Petros »

Muttonbirds wrote:Boris Johnson unveils a new paint job for his plane because the other colour was boring and the UK needed a plane which could be rallied around.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... right-way/

To do this at the same time managing the very worst pandemic response in Europe means peak populism is near.
And render it unsuitable for its primary purpose, in air refuelling, in times of crisis!
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Petros wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:Boris Johnson unveils a new paint job for his plane because the other colour was boring and the UK needed a plane which could be rallied around.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... right-way/

To do this at the same time managing the very worst pandemic response in Europe means peak populism is near.
And render it unsuitable for its primary purpose, in air refuelling, in times of crisis!

“In air refuelling” ...... “a viral pandemic”

Just rolls off the tongue.....
Keith

Post by Keith »

Wrong. It's still able to tanker, as it was when it was grey.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Starmer continues to destroy Boris during pmqs
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Floppykid wrote:Starmer continues to destroy Boris during pmqs
But he is so boring and forensic and Boris doesn't brush his hair, uses all those funny old fashioned words and keeps repeating campaign slogans - so Boris "wins"
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

BokJock wrote:
But he is so boring and forensic and Boris doesn't brush his hair, uses all those funny old fashioned words and keeps repeating campaign slogans - so Boris "wins"
Actually I'd agree.

If the UK was more erudite and less yob, that tactic might make sense.
sturginho

Post by sturginho »

BokJock wrote:
I have it on very good authority that Starmer is actually a millionaire, which as you know completely disqualifies him from politics
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

sturginho wrote:
BokJock wrote:
I have it on very good authority that Starmer is actually a millionaire, which as you know completely disqualifies him from politics
I believe that's true.

He can probably be classified as an activist, which would invalidate any degree obtained at any higher learning institute.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

Rinkals wrote:
sturginho wrote:
BokJock wrote:
I believe that's true.

He can probably be classified as an activist, which would invalidate any degree obtained at any higher learning institute.
Even worse, he's been knighted, the absolute cad.
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

ovalball wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
sturginho wrote:
BokJock wrote:
I believe that's true.

Even worse, he's been knighted, the absolute cad.
Steady on!

There are limits.

I'm pretty sure that if we were to penalise everyone who came by a peerage, whether nefariously purloined or honestly conferred, we'd probably be bagging a few on our side of the House. Can't have that.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

i do remember bimbo constantly pointing out that scotland's numbers were similar to ours earlier in the thread.

i've been a bit busy recently, but has this been brought up in the last week?
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

I have largely stayed out of the fight between NZ posters and those defending Bumming (sorry, that was a completely accidental typo, but I thought it was somewhat apt, so I've left it!), but this is what *should* happen when a member of a governmental task force makes a cock-up.

https://time.com/5862478/new-zealand-health-minister-resigns-coronavirus/
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Rinkals wrote:I have largely stayed out of the fight between NZ posters and those defending Bumming (sorry, that was a completely accidental typo, but I thought it was somewhat apt, so I've left it!), but this is what *should* happen when a member of a governmental task force makes a cock-up.

"The move comes less than three months before New Zealanders vote in a general election. Ardern, who leads the liberal Labour Party, saw her popularity soar during the early stages of the virus response, although recent opinion polls indicate the conservative National Party, under new leader Todd Muller, is making inroads into Labour’s lead."

Interesting, this pattern seems to be repeated almost everywhere I've read it mentioned. UK, Sweden, USA, France, Germany, NZ, etc. It seems regardless of how that countries leaders appear to have handled the virus their support rose and has regressed since.
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

eldanielfire wrote:
Rinkals wrote:I have largely stayed out of the fight between NZ posters and those defending Bumming (sorry, that was a completely accidental typo, but I thought it was somewhat apt, so I've left it!), but this is what *should* happen when a member of a governmental task force makes a cock-up.

"The move comes less than three months before New Zealanders vote in a general election. Ardern, who leads the liberal Labour Party, saw her popularity soar during the early stages of the virus response, although recent opinion polls indicate the conservative National Party, under new leader Todd Muller, is making inroads into Labour’s lead."

Interesting, this pattern seems to be repeated almost everywhere I've read it mentioned. UK, Sweden, USA, France, Germany, NZ, etc. It seems regardless of how that countries leaders appear to have handled the virus their support rose and has regressed since.
Ok, I see.

Basically you think that his resignation is a cynical attempt to manipulate the electorate for an upcoming election?

It's certainly not a problem Cummings has, though, I grant you.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Rinkals wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Ok, I see.

Basically you think that his resignation is a cynical attempt to manipulate the electorate for an upcoming election?

No, I have little idea of any motivation to resign except he was caught out. Which is weird why, once again, you make big jumps to draw a conclusion from a post where I didn't even comment on his resignination.
easyray

Post by easyray »

sturginho wrote:
BokJock wrote:
There is a certain Tory supporting fanatic on PR that cannot write Stamer's name without putting the word millionaire before it. Almost as if being a self made millionaire is a crime in tory books.
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

eldanielfire wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Ok, I see.

No, I have little idea of any motivation to resign except he was caught out. Which is weird why, once again, you make big jumps to draw a conclusion from a post where I didn't even comment on his resignination.
Because you highlighted the fact that an election was coming up.

Why did you do that, if not to say that the reason that he had resigned was nothing to do with the fact that he had f**ked up, but rather because of a cynical attempt to place himself in a favourable light before an upcoming election?

I also thought that, since you had used the prospect of an election as a reason to explain that the resignation was more to do with political manouvering than remorse for f ucking up, I might juxtapose the fact that Cumming wasn't elected and thus has no such qualms.
Bayern

Post by Bayern »

Rinkals wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Ok, I see.

Why did you do that, if not to say that the reason that he had resigned was nothing to do with the fact that he had f**ked up, but rather because of a cynical attempt to place himself in a favourable light before an upcoming election?

I also thought that, since you had used the prospect of an election as a reason to explain that the resignation was more to do with political manouvering than remorse for f ucking up, I might juxtapose the fact that Cumming wasn't elected and thus has no such qualms.
You blubbering, lonely, bitter, straw-clutching remoaning Jockstrap TWAT. Still whinging and whining about the non- event that was Cummings and months ago. Get a life you clown.
As an aside you so remind me of Ned Beatty in Deliverance, either Boris or Bimbo playing the part of the Hillbilly...
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

Bayern wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Ok, I see.

You blubbering, lonely, bitter, straw-clutching remoaning Jockstrap TWAT. Still whinging and whining about the non- event that was Cummings and months ago. Get a life you clown.
As an aside you so remind me of Ned Beatty in Deliverance, either Boris or Bimbo playing the part of the Hillbilly...
Very deranged post. Are you OK?

I pointed out that the, contrary to the behaviour exhibited by Cumming, the New Zealand Minister had the good grace to resign. This happened recently, so I am entitled to make the comparison.

What that has to do with me being a Jock (I'm not: as I informed you previously, I live in Johannesburg) escapes me.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Rinkals wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Ok, I see.

I highlight a bit fo text discussing a trend in support I've seen replicated all over the world with no apparent common unifying cause. I even posted as much list multiple countries who may and sme certainly don't hav elections where it also happened, so you suddenly jump in and draw conclusions from the parts of the text I did not reference nor discuss.

I even highlighted the section I wa stalking about to be clear what I was referencing that doesn't reference the NZ election and you still spectacularly jumped to the completely wrong conclusion and focused entirely on the bit I did not reference, did not highlight and did not discuss.

This seems to be a persistent problem with your posts. It's like you are desperate to argue and make claims about things not even being discussed or brought up.
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

eldanielfire wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
eldanielfire wrote: "The move comes less than three months before New Zealanders vote in a general election. Ardern, who leads the liberal Labour Party, saw her popularity soar during the early stages of the virus response, although recent opinion polls indicate the conservative National Party, under new leader Todd Muller, is making inroads into Labour’s lead."

Ok, I see.

I highlight a bit fo text discussing a trend in support I've seen replicated all over the world with no apparent common unifying cause. I even posted as much list multiple countries who may and sme certainly don't hav elections where it also happened, so you suddenly jump in and draw conclusions from the parts of the text I did not reference nor discuss.

I even highlighted the section I wa stalking about to be clear what I was referencing that doesn't reference the NZ election and you still spectacularly jumped to the completely wrong conclusion and focused entirely on the bit I did not reference, did not highlight and did not discuss.

This seems to be a persistent problem with your posts. It's like you are desperate to argue and make claims about things not even being discussed or brought up.
OK.

Step back for a minute.

My original post was to compare Cumming's non-resignation with someone who had taken responsibility for his errors.

You then hilighted a passage from my link which spoke about the Minister losing electoral support. From this, I understood that you were trying to infer that the resignation had nothing to do anyone taking responsibility for their actions and everything to do with a cynical attempt to make himself look good in the face of electoral defeat.

If that was not what you were saying, then I fail to see what the relevance the highlited passage is.

I made no mention of whether the implementation of the measures against the pandemic had support or not. I was simply comparing the two cases. I didn't mention any other countries, I was simply contrasting the way that Cumming felt entitled to flout rules with someone sufficiently chastened as to fall on his sword.

It's quite possible that I've misread Clarke's motives in this as I don't follow New Zealand politics that closely, but the reason I posted it was that it was refreshing to see someone take responsibility for cocking up.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Rinkals wrote: OK.

Step back for a minute.

My original post was to compare Cumming's non-resignation with someone who had taken responsibility for his errors.

You then hilighted a passage from my link which spoke about the Minister losing electoral support. From this, I understood that you were trying to infer that the resignation had nothing to do anyone taking responsibility for their actions and everything to do with a cynical attempt to make himself look good in the face of electoral defeat.

If that was not what you were saying, then I fail to see what the relevance the highlited passage is.

I made no mention of whether the implementation of the measures against the pandemic had support or not. I was simply comparing the two cases. I didn't mention any other countries, I was simply contrasting the way that Cumming felt entitled to flout rules with someone sufficiently chastened as to fall on his sword.

It's quite possible that I've misread Clarke's motives in this as I don't follow New Zealand politics that closely, but the reason I posted it was that it was refreshing to see someone take responsibility for cocking up.

What rubbish. I did mentione other countries and I amde no reference to it being about flouting rules. Just the regularity of the pandemic trend where support goes up and down regardless fo how the governemnt is seen to handle it and listed a whole numbe rof countries with a range of pandemic responses and very few of them had anything relevant to do with flouting of rules.

Again given the relevance to a NZ elction was abut the only bit I did not even highlight so I was cleraly not making reference to to it, but to the rest of the statement. You once again jump in directing all these preconcieved made-up assumptions that do not reflect what was actually said then grasp at straws trying to make like it's the obvious when it so obviously isn't.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

eldanielfire wrote:
Rinkals wrote: OK.

Step back for a minute.

What rubbish. I did mentione other countries and I amde no reference to it being about flouting rules. Just the regularity of the pandemic trend where support goes up and down regardless fo how the governemnt is seen to handle it and listed a whole numbe rof countries with a range of pandemic responses and very few of them had anything relevant to do with flouting of rules.

Again given the relevance to a NZ elction was abut the only bit I did not even highlight so I was cleraly not making reference to to it, but to the rest of the statement. You once again jump in directing all these preconcieved made-up assumptions that do not reflect what was actually said then grasp at straws trying to make like it's the obvious when it so obviously isn't.
Guys - Isn't this one of the most pointless arguments - even by PR standards
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

SUPER SATURDAY
Prince William raises a glass to 'Super Saturday' as pubs get ready to reopen

The Duke of Cambridge joined staff at the Rose and Crown in Snettisham, Norfolk to find out about their preparations to reopen as boozers finally throw their doors open once again

Experts estimate £4billion will be splurged in the first week of the hospitality sector rebooting.

And with 80% of pubs in England preparing welcome back regulars on Saturday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson praised the public’s patience in battling coronavirus.

But he also urged us to “enjoy summer safely” and not “blow it”, sending us back into lockdown.

The Duke of Cambridge, 38, showed his support by dropping in to see preparations at the Rose and Crown in Snettisham, Norfolk.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/p ... r-22299249
The reason this wasn't as low key as possible on a Monday is Boris is a moron and prince William is a dickhead.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

• "Dealing with the UK government has been utterly shambolic" - First Minister of Wales
  • ALASTAIR CAMPBELL
    @campbellclaret
    16h
    Am I the only one feeling ashamed to be British that this gibbering inarticulate walking parody is the Prime Minister? This is embarrassing to watch. He has lost the basic power of speech :lol:
  • James O'Brien
    @mrjamesob
    Jul 3
    A Cabinet of sycophants & inadequates compelled to promote public health guidelines brazenly flouted by the Prime Minister’s own father & most senior aide.
    What a mess.
  • Brian Moore
    @brianmoore666

Jul 3
    Govt advice doesn't apply to you if you're connected in some way to the Blond Bullshitter. What a sycophantic, toadying set of cravens we have in this cabinet. :smug:
dpedin

Post by dpedin »

To be fair the Blonde Bumblecunt has managed to unite the devolved nations, they all think he and his useless Gov are twats over their management of the 'air bridges'/quarantine/not quarantine' policy.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

Muttonbirds wrote:
  • "Dealing with the UK government has been utterly shambolic" - First Minister of Wales
  • ALASTAIR CAMPBELL
    @campbellclaret
    16h
    Am I the only one feeling ashamed to be British that this gibbering inarticulate walking parody is the Prime Minister? This is embarrassing to watch. He has lost the basic power of speech :lol:
  • James O'Brien
    @mrjamesob
    Jul 3
    A Cabinet of sycophants & inadequates compelled to promote public health guidelines brazenly flouted by the Prime Minister’s own father & most senior aide.
    What a mess.
  • Brian Moore
    @brianmoore666

Jul 3
    Govt advice doesn't apply to you if you're connected in some way to the Blond Bullshitter. What a sycophantic, toadying set of cravens we have in this cabinet. :smug:
I wouldn't argue with a word of that even though you posted it
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

A cyber nat talking about “air bridges cock ups “ :o
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

SaintK wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
  • ALASTAIR CAMPBELL
    @campbellclaret
    16h
  • James O'Brien
    @mrjamesob
    Jul 3
    What a mess.
  • Brian Moore
    @brianmoore666

Jul 3

Agreeing with Campbell and obingo!
Bayern

Post by Bayern »

dpedin wrote:To be fair the Blonde Bumblecunt has managed to unite the devolved nations, they all think he and his useless Gov are twats over their management of the 'air bridges'/quarantine/not quarantine' policy.
To be fair the opportunist cnut of the minor "nation" north of the real world has only served to prove what an ungrateful bunch of hypocritical, parasitic remoaning cnuts the PR Jocks really are.
You fuckwits with your incessant sniping from the cheap seats are hilarious. Get yourselves jobs, stop sucking up a DWP paycheque and learn to fend for yourselves would be good point of entry. You're all hilarious, you and the other disaffected bitter, remoaning wankers should take your acts on the road, Edinburgh Fringe a good place to start...
easyray

Post by easyray »

Bayern wrote:
dpedin wrote:To be fair the Blonde Bumblecunt has managed to unite the devolved nations, they all think he and his useless Gov are twats over their management of the 'air bridges'/quarantine/not quarantine' policy.
To be fair the opportunist cnut of the minor "nation" north of the real world has only served to prove what an ungrateful bunch of hypocritical, parasitic remoaning cnuts the PR Jocks really are.
You fuckwits with your incessant sniping from the cheap seats are hilarious. Get yourselves jobs, stop sucking up a DWP paycheque and learn to fend for yourselves would be good point of entry. You're all hilarious, you and the other disaffected bitter, remoaning wankers should take your acts on the road, Edinburgh Fringe a good place to start...
You really are a twisted, bitter and bigoted little englander. Nice touch using a German football team as your username though.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

bimboman wrote:
SaintK wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
  • ALASTAIR CAMPBELL
    @campbellclaret
    16h
  • James O'Brien
    @mrjamesob
    Jul 3
    What a mess.
  • Brian Moore
    @brianmoore666

Jul 3

Agreeing with Campbell and obingo!
Yep, both spot on about the blonde slug
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

easyray wrote:
Bayern wrote:
You really are a twisted, bitter and bigoted little englander. Nice touch using a German football team as your username though.
He appears to have some major issues
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Nice alteration