Chat Forum
It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 9:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:06 am 

Brumbieman wrote:
It seems pretty simple - let the SA SR sides play in Euro championships, NZ and Aus have a 10 team home and away round robin comp, top 4 finals series.

Straight into June NH tour, then RC from July onward .

Japan and the PI's are in the right timezone to add to that trans tasman comp, so it could be expanded out to 12 teams in the near future.

Everyone loved Super 12 and 14, it just went to shit when the conference system was started.

Thats the ideal world. However, the bromance between SA/NZ is not easily broken, not for Aussies anyway.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:08 am 

Brumbieman wrote:
It seems pretty simple - let the SA SR sides play in Euro championships, NZ and Aus have a 10 team home and away round robin comp, top 4 finals series.

Japan and the PI's are in the right timezone to add to that trans tasman comp, so it could be expanded out to 12 teams in the near future.

Everyone loved Super 12 and 14, it just went to shit when the conference system was started.

Pretty much. I think this year NZ and Aust will only have the option of running truncated domestic comps, given that we are almost in June, but these domestic 'Super Rugby' comps could be an important segue into a Trans Tasman comp in 2021.

South African franchise teams are already playing in NH club comps, so it seems like a no-brainer that they would explore that option. Much better timezone for South African Rugby fans and they may be good enough in 'easy rugby' to actually win some silverware.

I look forward to NH fans reactions to 'homer' South African referees. No doubt they'll be totally cool with 12-1 penalty counts against their touring teams.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:22 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
Brumbieman wrote:

Pretty much. I think this year NZ and Aust will only have the option of running truncated domestic comps, given that we are almost in June, but these domestic 'Super Rugby' comps could be an important segue into a Trans Tasman comp in 2021.

South African franchise teams are already playing in NH club comps, so it seems like a no-brainer that they would explore that option. Much better timezone for South African Rugby fans and they may be good enough in 'easy rugby' to actually win some silverware.

I look forward to NH fans reactions to 'homer' South African referees. No doubt they'll be totally cool with 12-1 penalty counts against their touring teams.

I've for sometime thought that the best way forward for SR and the Pro 14 would be to join forces have the Sth Africans in an expanded Pro 18. The Jaguars and a PI franchise join the Aus and NZ. alongsidr 6 Top League teams join for two divisions of 18 teams.

17 game season with a top 8 finals series for both divisions. Winner of each division playing off for the overall championship. Hosted on an alternating basis.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:23 am 

tubbyj wrote:
Dude in all seriousness if Super rugby's troubles have taught anything over the last 10 years is that for a successful competition to continue to prosper and be relevant it must maintain its integrity. The amount of short term financial gain of including SA would not offset the risk of long term stagnation or worse, financial loss for the Six nations. Look no further than the re-election of Beaumont over Pichot for confirmation of this.

I don't know why you seems to think integrating one of most powerful nation of our sport, which by the way have enough fans and money to support its own rugby, could be a problem for the 6th nations in the future. During all the past years, they weren't a problem for your RC, in fact they bring more of your money. So why would it be different for us?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:25 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
Brumbieman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: As we weren't use to that in France with British referees in France. (even if it's not as worse as in the past) :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:33 am 

jos wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Brumbieman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: As we weren't use to that in France with British referees in France. (even if it's not as worse as in the past) :lol: :lol:

Can you fvck off this thread.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:43 am 

jos wrote:
tubbyj wrote:
Dude in all seriousness if Super rugby's troubles have taught anything over the last 10 years is that for a successful competition to continue to prosper and be relevant it must maintain its integrity. The amount of short term financial gain of including SA would not offset the risk of long term stagnation or worse, financial loss for the Six nations. Look no further than the re-election of Beaumont over Pichot for confirmation of this.

I don't know why you seems to think integrating one of most powerful nation of our sport, which by the way have enough fans and money to support its own rugby, could be a problem for the 6th nations in the future. During all the past years, they weren't a problem for your RC, in fact they bring more of your money. So why would it be different for us?

A couple of points.

Firstly, South Africa joining the 6 has been discussed literally hundreds of times on this forum, and the general feedback from NH fans is that it would be problematic for them to join. I fully appreciate the fact that you firmly believe that their inclusion could happen quickly and easily, but this view is not shared by many other NH posters.

Secondly, South African posters have always boasted about how wealthy their union is, and how much money they bring into SANZAAR, but this has never been supported by facts. The reality is that South African pro players earn only a fraction of what their counterparts do in NZ and Australia, and right now South Africa is having a fire sale of its Super Rugby standard players to try and stave off bankruptcy, whilst NZ and Australia are planning for restarting domestic SR comps in the very near future.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:19 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
jos wrote:
tubbyj wrote:

A couple of points.

Firstly, South Africa joining the 6 has been discussed literally hundreds of times on this forum, and the general feedback from NH fans is that it would be problematic for them to join. I fully appreciate the fact that you firmly believe that their inclusion could happen quickly and easily, but this view is not shared by many other NH posters.

Secondly, South African posters have always boasted about how wealthy their union is, and how much money they bring into SANZAAR, but this has never been supported by facts.
The reality is that South African pro players earn only a fraction of what their counterparts do in NZ and Australia, and right now South Africa is having a fire sale of its Super Rugby standard players to try and stave off bankruptcy, whilst NZ and Australia are planning for restarting domestic SR comps in the very near future.

It would happen quickly IF you ditch them. If not, not so easily as World Rugby wouldn't like to risk destroying SH rugby. For the problems we could face nothing so serious.

Well of course if they don't have money, the debate is over, as we already supporting financially celtics nations, and they don't want anythig that could threat their income.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:22 am 

grievous wrote:
jos wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Brumbieman wrote:

Can you just go back f.ck your sister or any person of your family and let people who want to debate, talk here?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:24 am 

jos wrote:
It would happen quickly IF you ditch them. If not, not so easily as World Rugby wouldn't like to risk destroying SH rugby. For the problems we could face nothing so serious.

Well of course if they don't have money, the debate is over, as we already supporting financially celtics nations, and they don't want anythig that could threat their income.

Why would NZ and Australia "ditch" SA from the highly profitable Rugby Championship? It's been you who has been trolling SH fans by taunting us over how poor our unions are and how quickly and easily the Springboks would be welcomed into the Six Nations. A view that is shared by very few other NH based posters.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:49 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
jos wrote:

Why would NZ and Australia "ditch" SA from the highly profitable Rugby Championship? It's been you who has been trolling SH fans by taunting us over how poor our unions are and how quickly and easily the Springboks would be welcomed into the Six Nations. A view that is shared by very few other NH based posters.

On this point we disagree. You seems to think you could ditch them from super rugby and keep them in the RC. Like you say in English: having your cake and eat it. But good luck with that, they may accept. :uhoh:
For the 6th nations staying as it's now, it's quite unlikely as CVC will enter in June in the board. I don't think they will give us money for nothing. And us the NH fans have no vote on this subject.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:53 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
jos wrote:

After yet another RWC won by an SH team, who could blame certain NH folk for trying to poach a whole country?

After all, SA itself has won three times as many RWCs as the NH collectively.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:59 am 

jos wrote:
On this point we disagree. You seems to think you could ditch them from super rugby and keep them in the RC. Like you say in English: having your cake and eat it. But good luck with that, they may accept. :uhoh:
For the 6th nations staying as it's now, it's quite unlikely as CVC will enter in June in the board. I don't think they will give us money for nothing. And us the NH fans have no vote on this subject.

Strange post given those discussions have been happening off and on for twenty years. Since the late 1990's the South African Rugby Union has been threatening to leave Super Rugby. We are used to that. But they have always maintained that they did not want to leave the profitable Tri Nations/RC. You don't actually follow SH Rugby do you?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:17 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
jos wrote:

Strange post given those discussions have been happening off and on for twenty years. Since the late 1990's the South African Rugby Union has been threatening to leave Super Rugby. We are used to that. But they have always maintained that they did not want to leave the profitable Tri Nations/RC. You don't actually follow SH Rugby do you?

First until now they had no escape route. It was a little game between your nations, SARU, threatening to leave just to have more teams. No one consider this seriously. But now that Australia is in really bad shape and with the coronavirus, you may form a new competition focused on the pacific area. That would leave the SARU alone in bad shape. If your competition works (with Japanese involved?), that would mean more money for yours two nations. On the other hand South Africa would have to find a new way of earning its money, if they don't want to be outpaced financially. So why would they help you earning money in still playing the RC, when you would leave them to cope alone? I don't know for you, but if someone is backstabbing me, I will not help them at all. Add to that they would have a chance of going North, as RFU and FFR want them, and CVC is coming.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:19 am 

jos wrote:
First until now they had no escape route. It was a little game between your nations, SARU, threatening to leave just to have more teams. No one consider this seriously. But now that Australia is in really bad shape and with the coronavirus, you may form a new competition focus on the pacific area. That would leave the SARU alone in bad shape. If your competition works (with Japanese involved?), that would mean more money for yours two nations. On the other hand South Africa would have to find a new way of earning its money, if they don't want to be outpaced financially. So why would they help you earning money in still playing the RC, when you would leave them to cope alone? I don't know for you, but if someone is backstabbing me, I will not help them at all. Add to that they would have a chance of going North, as RFU and FFR want them, and CVC is coming.

I'm going to stop engaging with you on this thread because you're dumb, you're a troll and you have absolutely no idea about SH Rugby.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:28 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
jos wrote:
First until now they had no escape route. It was a little game between your nations, SARU, threatening to leave just to have more teams. No one consider this seriously. But now that Australia is in really bad shape and with the coronavirus, you may form a new competition focus on the pacific area. That would leave the SARU alone in bad shape. If your competition works (with Japanese involved?), that would mean more money for yours two nations. On the other hand South Africa would have to find a new way of earning its money, if they don't want to be outpaced financially. So why would they help you earning money in still playing the RC, when you would leave them to cope alone? I don't know for you, but if someone is backstabbing me, I will not help them at all. Add to that they would have a chance of going North, as RFU and FFR want them, and CVC is coming.

I'm going to stop engaging with you on this thread because you're dumb, you're a troll and you have absolutely no idea about SH Rugby.

:thumbup: :lol:
As I said good luck with you new plan, and make the South African accept it.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:42 am 

jos wrote:
grievous wrote:
jos wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Brumbieman wrote:

Can you just go back f.ck your sister or any person of your family and let people who want to debate, talk here?

Jos - let’s stay on subject and not bring family into it...

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:53 am 

jos wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
jos wrote:

:thumbup: :lol:
As I said good luck with you new plan, and make the South African accept it.

I’m confused here. SA will go where it makes the most financial sense.
They won’t be allowed into the 6 nations as no one will want to play rugby in SA in Feb. Equally there is no way the European fans will travel half way around the world in the numbers that go to Rome, Dublin, Paris etc.
And you won’t get the local crowds or broadcast deals in SA playing against Scotland, Italy and Wales as you do against Aus and more importantly NZ.
The supe level games don’t have that issue so playing in the Celtic league can work.
Hell, an SA local league will work.
Equally for Aus and NZ a local league for Super level games makes sense. Games are in the local time zone so you don’t lose momentum by seeing your team disappear for 3 weeks. And teams don’t spend a small fortune flying the team to SA and paying for hotels for weeks and weeks. Plus the SA refs are the biggest homers out there (Seconds handed games to SA with massively one sided penalty counts, 20 - 1 FFS). At an international level the revenue generated allows for travel without concern of the cost so the RC makes sense still.

To be honest I’ve lost interest with SA teams in Super rugby. One of the big issues with the comp is SA demanding additional teams resulting in the abomination of the 18 team garbage. And they continually threaten to go north (if you want to talk about backstabbing that is a great place to start). I don’t get to see my team play for 3 weeks in the middle of the tournament when they travel to SA and play at 3am. Plus when they do go, they get blown off the park with so blatantly a homer ref that FIFA are taking notes on the corruption.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:04 am 

Hong Kong wrote:

Sorry but it's difficult to be polite, when a guy I wasn't even talking with, come and say f.ck off to me.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:34 am 

Farva wrote:
I’m confused here. SA will go where it makes the most financial sense.

I agree.
Farva wrote:
They won’t be allowed into the 6 nations as no one will want to play rugby in SA in Feb.

If you think about temperatures, you can play in the evening, and by the way we are playing in August in France, so nothing inexpungible
Farva wrote:
Equally there is no way the European fans will travel half way around the world in the numbers that go to Rome, Dublin, Paris etc.

First it's not half way around the world even it's not not close. Then we have to stop pretending we absolutely need foreigners fans to fill the stadium. Even if it's always better to have them, it's not like a Lions tour where they are really numerous.
Farva wrote:
And you won’t get the local crowds or broadcast deals in SA playing against Scotland, Italy and Wales as you do against Aus and more importantly NZ.

Maybe it's a difference but here the stadiums are nearly always full: the 6th nations in itself is enough (maybe it's also the fatc we don't have home and away games). One point you don't talk is about sponsors. It's better for them to have an exposure to two big markets as France and UK in a friendly timezone than an exposure to Autralia or NZ.

Farva wrote:
The supe level games don’t have that issue so playing in the Celtic league can work.

It can't work as we see know.
Farva wrote:
Hell, an SA local league will work.

I agree.
Farva wrote:
Equally for Aus and NZ a local league for Super level games makes sense. Games are in the local time zone so you don’t lose momentum by seeing your team disappear for 3 weeks. And teams don’t spend a small fortune flying the team to SA and paying for hotels for weeks and weeks.

I agree.
Farva wrote:
Plus the SA refs are the biggest homers out there (Seconds handed games to SA with massively one sided penalty counts, 20 - 1 FFS). At an international level the revenue generated allows for travel without concern of the cost so the RC makes sense still.

As I said I don't think South Africans will take well your plan (even if it would make sense from an Australian or Kiwis point of view). Imagine if Ireland had a chance playing in the SH and RC, and that tournament was more important financially. Now imagine if France and England were saying to them we will not play with you in the Champions Cup, but we will still gladly keep you in the 6 nations, especially if in this scenario Ireland was the country which bring the most of money in NH. Do you really believe they would accept or would they just tell us to f.ck off? In my opinion they would go in the SH. That's why I don't think South Africa would still play in the RC.
Farva wrote:
To be honest I’ve lost interest with SA teams in Super rugby. One of the big issues with the comp is SA demanding additional teams resulting in the abomination of the 18 team garbage. And they continually threaten to go north (if you want to talk about backstabbing that is a great place to start). I don’t get to see my team play for 3 weeks in the middle of the tournament when they travel to SA and play at 3am. Plus when they do go, they get blown off the park with so blatantly a homer ref that FIFA are taking notes on the corruption.

I completely understand why you're upset, and I'm happy that my country has it own league without any of the problems you're facing. It's just that in my opinion, even if your idea of a pacific league is the good and obvious choice to do, I think you will have to accept that will probably mean the end of South African involvement in your rugby. And as I say (sincerely), good luck with this plan. It's a matter of life for Australian Rugby.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:50 am 

I just can’t agree with you there. SA v NZ is easily SA’s biggest rivalry. That is where the TV money is. Super rugby is not, it’s just a vessel to make sure that the test teams remain top tier.
Playing around with Super rugby is a completely different beast to playing around with the RC. The broadcast deal is in the RC. And the most revenue with come from an AB v SA test from TV rights. By far. It won’t come from playing Italy.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:01 pm 

Farva wrote:
I just can’t agree with you there. SA v NZ is easily SA’s biggest rivalry. That is where the TV money is. Super rugby is not, it’s just a vessel to make sure that the test teams remain top tier.
Playing around with Super rugby is a completely different beast to playing around with the RC. The broadcast deal is in the RC. And the most revenue with come from an AB v SA test from TV rights. By far. It won’t come from playing Italy.

First it may not come from Italy, but I think England or France with their population would equal NZ financially. :nod:
By the way you are speaking about NZ vs SA. The RC isn't only that, you have Australia or Argentina.
If the games against the Kiwis are so important, they could still be played as test games outside a 6th nations. They could even bring back the old tours with one year in NZ, one year in SA. That could even bring more money to them.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:05 pm 

Quote:

Quote:
Jos - let’s stay on subject and not bring family into it..

I can take the abuse, he's very AC like in his posting stylee so normal abuse stuff, plus there is always Thomas to add his Mod special touch, I dont have a sister but get rid of him in this thread we are about the survival of rugby un the country in this thread we dont need this NH wanker spouting about shit he has no clue about.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:06 pm 

jos wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:

Sorry but it's difficult to be polite, when a guy I wasn't even talking with, come and say f.ck off to me.

Youre an imbecile, hard to be polite to you.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:34 pm 

grievous wrote:
jos wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:

Youre an imbecile, hard to be polite to you.

Difficult to take you seriously as it's even your native language. :D
By the way it's quite ironic from someone who was trashed by Thomas or Slim 293 a few pages ago, two of your fellow citizens.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 2:13 pm 

Righto, buddy.

You are literally adding nothing to this debate: you can't stay on topic and you seem to have a limited grasp of the actual thread subject. Added to that it also appears no one on this board knows you or can vouch for you.

So here's the deal, don't post in this thread again or be banned for a week. Your choice. Post wisely, champ.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 2:23 pm 

Thomas wrote:
Righto, buddy.

You are literally adding nothing to this debate: you can't stay on topic and you seem to have a limited grasp of the actual thread subject. Added to that it also appears no one on this board knows you or can vouch for you.

So here's the deal, don't post in this thread again or be banned for a week. Your choice. Post wisely, champ.

Cometh the hour cometh the mod
:thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:28 am 

Quote:
QRU Media Release: Queensland Rugby Union Stands-Down Izack Rodda, Isaac Lucas and Harry Hockings

The Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) has stood down Izack Rodda, Isaac Lucas and Harry Hockings, following discussions with the three players and their agent.

The QRU made the decision following notification through the players’ RUPA accredited agent that three of his clients were unwilling to accept a reduction in pay and their nomination for the federal government’s JobKeeper subsidy, notwithstanding RA and RUPA‘s recently negotiated player-payment reduction agreement.

The decision has been made with the support of Rugby Australia.

QRU CEO David Hanham said: “Many industries in Australia are facing the same circumstances as sport in this country and the majority of our people have agreed to reduced hours under the federal JobKeeper legislation, which is assisting businesses such as ours through the COVID-19 pandemic.

“We understand this situation is difficult for everyone and individual decisions need to be made to protect the long-term viability of Rugby in Queensland.

“As we have outlined before, these conditions are necessary at present and allow the QRU to create a financial bridge to the other side of this pandemic.

“Unfortunately, we have had to take the decision to stand-down three of our players. Given the recent negotiated player-payment reduction agreement, this was not a situation the QRU had expected to face.

“As we build towards the likely resumption of community and elite Rugby, the QRU remains focused and on-track to deliver on its three goals during the COVID-19 period – to ensure the health and safety of our people, to protect the financial viability of the QRU and to ensure the safety and viability of our clubs.”

Rugby Australia Director of Rugby, Scott Johnson said: “This is an unfortunate situation given we have an agreement in place for the interim period while the game navigates the COVID-19 situation.

“We want the players to remain in Australia and honour their contracts with the Reds and Rugby Australia. We are aware they are looking at their legal position, but we hope this can be resolved with the players as soon as possible and we will keep an open dialogue with them.”

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:34 am 

Their agent is the notorious Anthony Picone, who the Reds refused to continue dealing with last year...

Quote:
The strained relationship between powerful player agent Anthony Picone and the Queensland Rugby Union has finally reached breaking point, with the QRU deciding to negotiate contracts directly with his players, excluding him from all talks.

The decision of Picone-managed Samu Kerevi to join Japanese club Suntory Sungoliaths on a three-year contract following the World Cup, a deal the QRU and Rugby Australia felt they had little opportunity to counter, is understood to have been the straw that broke the camel’s back.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/ ... 8d3ede6af3

Quote:
It is not the first time that Piccone-managed players have acted in apparent contradiction of their own best interests and those of the country. Former Reds centre Campbell Magnay chose to go to Japan in 2017, despite a virtual assurance from then Wallabies coach Michael Cheika that he would be taken on the spring tour that year. He has never subsequently played for Australia.

Similarly, Samu Kerevi looked deeply uncomfortable last year any time his decision to go to Japan was raised. He now is spending 14 days in isolation in a Sydney hostel after making a decision to return to Australia.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/ ... f816a00f3a

Last edited by Slim 293 on Mon May 18, 2020 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:41 am 

Fun fact: Anthony Picone got into player management after doing a uni assignment at Griffith Uni with one of my good mates. They had to start up a business as a project and were mates with some rugby and aussie rules players so decided on a player management company. The rest is history.

:?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:43 am 

Apparently all three are off to Japan...

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:45 am 

Slim 293 wrote:

I have a question.

How?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:07 am 

Thomas wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:

I have a question.

How?

I'd be interested in that as everything I've heard about travel is that all overseas (Bar NZ) travel will be off the charts until at least next year.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:59 am 

There's a flight tonight - just after 8 from Sydney to Tokyo. I assume the question is can you get back in (assuming mandatory isolation).

Good news that Kerevi is returning

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 4:18 am 

kiwigreg369 wrote:
There's a flight tonight - just after 8 from Sydney to Tokyo. I assume the question is can you get back in (assuming mandatory isolation).

Good news that Kerevi is returning

I don’t think he’s returning... just training back in Australia.

But yeah, I assume that those players who have signed o/s contracts will eventually be fine to fly over prior to the seasons recommencing as they plan on living over there.

Until then I hope they know a trade, because they’re not getting paid in the meantime.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:59 am 

RandomNavigat0r wrote:
Thomas wrote:
RandomNavigat0r wrote:

Give yourself an uppercut. We all know how it affects Foxtel, but this still doesnt change the fact that Optus had a shit offer that was exclusively a streaming srrvice that would have killed rugby as a TV product in Australia.

No argument from me, dickhead. I don't want Optus getting the rights. I am, afterall, a Foxtel subscriber.

Quote:
Lets be honest how many people would have obtained optus subscriptions just for Rugby Union, I doubt many, hence there poor offer, this is a service that couldnt even get the Fifa world cup running correctly.

Correct.

Quote:
Just because you are anti newscorp foxtel doesnt change the facts that Optus had a garbage offer. There has been absolitely no evidence provided at all in this thread that suggested Optus had a better offer than foxtel. Not a single one. But we are apprently meant to believe the word of the RA shills dominating this thread like yourself and slim and all the other antinewscorp apologists. We are also meant to take the word of some failed journalist hacks writing for G&GR becaise it suits your antifoxtel agenda.

I honestly don't know what the fudge you are banging on about. I was just pointing out that grievous' continued spamming of shitty hacky articles from Newscorp sources is just doing their work for them. Are you confusing me with someone else?

Quote:
And who the fudge is Noddy, his username doesnt check out in a search, do you have an alternate alias so I can tell that ass clown to his face he writes like shit and his website completely sucks? Let me know and I'll let you know how I go.

Tell you what, you let us know who you are or what your previous handle was and we'll go from there.

Well you all seem to think I use to have that stupid fu'cking name Bazzamacca. I wouldnt be caught dead with such a shithouse alias, but if it makes you sleep at night then fine, think what you want. I'm not sure whats worse, having the handle Noddy or Bazzamacca, both names are terrible

RandomNavigat0r, on the other hand, is an absolute winner!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 7:09 am 

I wouldnt be caught dead with a username like Noddy.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:11 pm 

Any word on a starting date for domestic pro Rugby in Australia, or what the format of the comp might look like?

Our two biggest competitors are well and truly preparing to restart. The NRL starts on May 28th and the AFL on June 11th.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:35 pm 

Ali's Choice wrote:
Any word on a starting date for domestic pro Rugby in Australia, or what the format of the comp might look like?

Only an indefinite "sometime in July", perhaps mid-to-late.

Indefinite floated format involving (perhaps) 4-6 teams.

Issues include whether a broadcaster (e.g. Foxtel) will pay and how much. Then the costs and logistics of where games will be played, given differing internal domestic Covid-19 restrictions.

One contention raised w.r.t. broadcasting is that Sanzaar (as it still exists in 2020) would look to package all of the interim 2020 offerings from NZL, RSA, AUS, et al., into one job lot.

In other words, IF TRUE, it would mean that to screen the NZ games a network must also buy the rights to the rest.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:15 pm 

kiap wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Only an indefinite "sometime in July", perhaps mid-to-late.

Indefinite floated format involving (perhaps) 4-6 teams.

Issues include whether a broadcaster (e.g. Foxtel) will pay and how much. Then the costs and logistics of where games will be played, given differing internal domestic Covid-19 restrictions.

One contention raised w.r.t. broadcasting is that Sanzaar (as it still exists in 2020) would look to package all of the interim 2020 offerings from NZL, RSA, AUS, et al., into one job lot.

In other words, IF TRUE, it would mean that to screen the NZ games a network must also buy the rights to the rest.

That could be a good thing as overall as it provides more overall content, even if no-one wants to watch 1am and 3am matches in S. Africa.

This year will be a make shift/stop gap year regardless, but I hope it's not a year wasted. A decent Aussie domestic comp in 2020, featuring entertaining local derbies, would be an ideal segue into a Tran Tasman comp in 2021. Australia would be mad not to seek to partner with NZ next year, and NZR would be crazy not to link with Australia. Australian broadcasters still have an immense amount of money put aside for sports content, and NZ needs to tap into this. The NRL is about to announce a record (for RL) $2 billion TV rights deal in the middle of a global pandemic, ffs. There is still lots of money in sports.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next