Andrew Cuomo's Decision on Ventilators Bites Him In The Arse

All things Rugby
Fat Albert

Andrew Cuomo's Decision on Ventilators Bites Him In The Arse

Post by Fat Albert »

Betsy McCaughey wrote:Gov. Andrew Cuomo came to a fork in the road in 2015. He could have chosen to buy more ventilators. Instead, he asked his health commissioner, Howard Zucker to assemble a task force and draft rules for rationing the ventilators they already had.
Cuomo could have purchased the additional 16,000 needed ventilators for $36,000 apiece or a total of $576 million in 2015. It's a lot of money but less than the $750 million he threw away on a boondoggle "Buffalo Billion" solar panel factory.
Article Link

Betsy McCaughey is chairman of the Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths and a former lieutenant governor of New York.
Nolanator

Re: Andrew Cuomo's Decision on Ventilators Bites Him In The

Post by Nolanator »

What are his thoughts on using random pre-existing medication on C-19 sufferers?
Saint

Post by Saint »

Or maybe you might read something a but less onesided

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trump ... -at-cuomo/
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Saint wrote:Or maybe you might read something a but less onesided

Well colour me shocked.
DOB

Post by DOB »

It’s one of those claims that sounds stupid from the start. “Cuomo could’ve got thousands of ventilators for cheap in 2015.” Who the fcuk was running around selling knock-off ventilators 5 years ago? And why would a state governor feel the need to buy 15,000 of the things to stick in a warehouse “just in case”?
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

ffs
Fat Albert

Post by Fat Albert »

I freely admit I hadn't read either Trump's comments or those justifying the committee who produced the guide lines that will, in fact, decide who lives or dies. I wish I had read more than the original article, then I wouldn't be pulling my foot out of my mouth so obviously.

Medically qualified people make these decisions all the time, I don't envy them.

It doesn't alter the fact that Cuomo spent $750 million on a solar panel manufacturing stunt in the full and complete knowledge that it would make zero difference to Climate Change.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Bloody hell
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Fat Albert wrote:I freely admit I hadn't read either Trump's comments or those justifying the committee who produced the guide lines that will, in fact, decide who lives or dies. I wish I had read more than the original article, then I wouldn't be pulling my foot out of my mouth so obviously.

Medically qualified people make these decisions all the time, I don't envy them.
Good post :thumbup:
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

Had forgotten about FA's climate change and renewable energy are hoaxes schtick.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

So the ventilator claim is a straight up lie?
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

JM2K6 wrote:
Fat Albert wrote:I freely admit I hadn't read either Trump's comments or those justifying the committee who produced the guide lines that will, in fact, decide who lives or dies. I wish I had read more than the original article, then I wouldn't be pulling my foot out of my mouth so obviously.

Good post :thumbup:
:thumbup: bravo.
DOB

Post by DOB »

earl the beaver wrote:Had forgotten about FA's climate change and renewable energy are hoaxes schtick.
Impressive that he managed to find an angle on the whole Coronavirus that helps his argument, when most people are finding that the reduction in car traffic is improving air quality in cities around the world.
Petej

Post by Petej »

DOB wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:Had forgotten about FA's climate change and renewable energy are hoaxes schtick.
Impressive that he managed to find an angle on the whole Coronavirus that helps his argument, when most people are finding that the reduction in car traffic is improving air quality in cities around the world.
Kind of hoping this makes more govs grow a pair and discourage car use. Though more people working from home where possible would help.
earl the beaver

Petej wrote:
DOB wrote:
Kind of hoping this makes more govs grow a pair and discourage car use. Though more people working from home where possible would help.
While I do think the post covid-19 working practices will be a lot more flexible for working from home for a lot of jobs an office environment is much more productive with face to face to meetings. There's all sorts of uncertainty around car use, not least a public fear of disease transmission and what impact that could have on public transport (with bus patronage in the UK already falling and rail fares increasing in the background anyway).
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Gavin Duffy wrote:

Well colour me shocked.
Never fails
Trump “obviously didn’t read the document he’s citing,” Dani Lever, a spokeswoman for Cuomo, said in a statement to The Hill.
Fat Albert

Post by Fat Albert »

DOB wrote:
And the reduction in particle pollution is improving the efficiency of solar energy transfer to the earth's surface, thus increasing temperatures...

Global Dimming anyone?

The climate has always changed and will always change. There is negligible scientific doubt that increasing atmospheric CO2 is a forcing on global temperature.

All evidence based estimates of ECS (equilibrium climate sensivity) to the forcing of a doubling of CO2 in the atmosphere indicate a global temperature rise in the range 1-2°C.

All climate model projections of ECS which result in a threat to mankind require the use of the IPCC's RCP 8.5 scenario, which in turn estimates ECS at 4.9°C. RCP 8.5, designated 'business as usual' by the IPCC requires, for example, the coal industry to be 7 times bigger than 2019 by 2100. How likely do you think that is?

It's the deliberately wildly exaggerated consequences of a doubling of CO2 by climate activists that is the hoax. The removal of the prospect of the improvement in the quality of life of the poorest on the planet is their hypocrisy.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

oh jesus christ
earl the beaver

Yeah anthropogenic climate change is a hoax :uhoh:
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Bean counters do but this brings to mind a consultant in London last week urging people to stay at home because soon he was going to have to make these decisions for the first time in his life.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Been a while since we had a right wing look at me thread.
puku

Post by puku »

Fat Albert wrote:
Betsy McCaughey wrote:Gov. Andrew Cuomo came to a fork in the road in 2015. He could have chosen to buy more ventilators. Instead, he asked his health commissioner, Howard Zucker to assemble a task force and draft rules for rationing the ventilators they already had.
Cuomo could have purchased the additional 16,000 needed ventilators for $36,000 apiece or a total of $576 million in 2015. It's a lot of money but less than the $750 million he threw away on a boondoggle "Buffalo Billion" solar panel factory.
Article Link

Betsy McCaughey is chairman of the Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths and a former lieutenant governor of New York.
I mean, who doesn't stockpile ventilators?

Maybe Cuomo should have passed his crystal ball onto Trump.
Saint

Post by Saint »

6.Jones wrote:

Well.....

Cuomo was definitely told that NY would have a shortfall of ventilators if it needed to deal with a 1918 Spanish flu scale epidemic. I think at that point if he'd suggested that he was going to purchase 15,000 of the things and stick them in a warehouse in case there was a pandemic of that scale just round the corner he would have been roundly denounced by pretty much everyone.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Saint wrote:
6.Jones wrote:

Well.....

Cuomo was definitely told that NY would have a shortfall of ventilators if it needed to deal with a 1918 Spanish flu scale epidemic. I think at that point if he'd suggested that he was going to purchase 15,000 of the things and stick them in a warehouse in case there was a pandemic of that scale just round the corner he would have been roundly denounced by pretty much everyone.
The answer to the question is yes.
DragonKhan

Post by DragonKhan »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnEAl4QEtjU&t=1130s

He is just like the rest of them, a lying POS. He is CURRENTLY trying to cut medicaid
tiddle

Post by tiddle »

anything to protect our dear leader
The Man Without Fear

Post by The Man Without Fear »

JM2K6 wrote:oh jesus christ
Leave it JMK, it's Fat Albert Town.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

DragonKhan wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnEAl4QEtjU&t=1130s

He is just like the rest of them, a lying POS. He is CURRENTLY trying to cut medicaid
That may or may not be true but we're back to using bonkers people as sources again, holy cow

Youtube lunatics are not a valid source of information
The Optimist

Post by The Optimist »

I tend to not trust people who lie continuously. I tend not to believe psychopaths. I take medical advice from a doctor and I don't do reality stars with massive egos killing the public, because he is not prepared, cannot think rationally, and has been hoarding sun tanning beds and eye protection for decades.
Newsome

Post by Newsome »

You know a guy's lost the plot when even bimboman and zzzz can't even be bothered to turn up.
DragonKhan

Post by DragonKhan »

JM2K6 wrote:

That may or may not be true but we're back to using bonkers people as sources again, holy cow

The quotes are all from https://www.jacobinmag.com/2020/03/andr ... oronavirus

Also Jimmy Dore is not a lunatic
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

DragonKhan wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

The quotes are all from https://www.jacobinmag.com/2020/03/andr ... oronavirus

Also Jimmy Dore is not a lunatic
Jimmy Dore is a conspiracy theorist.

I don't particularly trust Jacobin given some of the hilarious garbage they've written over the years, but I accept they're a better source.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Intercept need shot of Greenwald etc. to regain some dignity.

Jimmy Dore is a failed comedian hack who spreads literal conspiracy theories.
Horseshoe alex jones.
lexpat

Post by lexpat »

Cuomo is one of best Governors that we have.

Mod, this OP is a big lie and a defamation, this thread should be blocked.
Last edited by lexpat on Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

The hubris of Fat Albert that he thinks his bit of googling gives him the authority to overturn the consensus of thousands of scientists and researchers who have dedicated their professional lives to investigating climate change.
puku

Post by puku »

JM2K6 wrote:

That is Jimmy Dore? I was expecting a twenty something guy with a coherent argument. What I saw was a middle aged smarmy bloke with a smug look.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Sefton wrote:The hubris of Fat Albert that he thinks his bit of googling gives him the authority to overturn the consensus of thousands of scientists and researchers who have dedicated their professional lives to investigating climate change.
Well it is a little chilly today.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Sandstorm wrote:
Sefton wrote:The hubris of Fat Albert that he thinks his bit of googling gives him the authority to overturn the consensus of thousands of scientists and researchers who have dedicated their professional lives to investigating climate change.
Well it is a little chilly today.
Yea, but it was 4°warmer than yesterday. That's a 50% rise in the earth's temperature in a SINGLE DAY
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Fat Albert wrote:
Article Link

What a holier than thou bitch she is. We've all got 20/20 hindsight but name me ONE government that stockpiled ventilators 5 years ago
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Enzedder wrote:
Fat Albert wrote:
Article Link

What a holier than thou bitch she is. We've all got 20/20 hindsight but name me ONE government that stockpiled ventilators 5 years ago
Fat albert doesn't care about that