Justice for unseenwork

All things Rugby
Uncle Fester

Re: Justice for unseenwork

Post by Uncle Fester »

blindcider wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
New guy wrote:Would the guys who think it's not ban worthy have been ok with somebody saying "good riddance" when Jo Cox got shot?
I don't agree with banning people for holding or expressing unpleasant, offensive or even hateful views. Short of bans necessary for complying with the law, I wouldn't ban anyone.

Far better to have their opinions aired so they can be discussed, debated and ridiculed.
I am more of the view that allowing to much "hate speech" masquerading under the banner of "free speech" normalises extreme views too much. Look at the general state of the internet where people comfortable in anonymity feel free to give death threats to people. Also with freedom of speech comes the obligation to self-censor - free speech does not give you the right to go out of your way to deliberately offend or upset people.

Also why should planet rugby allow their forum to be a vehicle for people to spread their manure to their audience?
"Hate speech"?
:lol:
C69

Post by C69 »

Fecking snowflakes :lol:
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

A Derbyshire mayor has been expelled from the Labour party after she suggested that Boris Johnson deserves to have coronavirus.

Heanor mayor Sheila Oakes's comments sparked controversy online.

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2020-0 ... -comments/
blindcider

Post by blindcider »

Uncle Fester wrote:
blindcider wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
New guy wrote:Would the guys who think it's not ban worthy have been ok with somebody saying "good riddance" when Jo Cox got shot?
I don't agree with banning people for holding or expressing unpleasant, offensive or even hateful views. Short of bans necessary for complying with the law, I wouldn't ban anyone.

Far better to have their opinions aired so they can be discussed, debated and ridiculed.
I am more of the view that allowing to much "hate speech" masquerading under the banner of "free speech" normalises extreme views too much. Look at the general state of the internet where people comfortable in anonymity feel free to give death threats to people. Also with freedom of speech comes the obligation to self-censor - free speech does not give you the right to go out of your way to deliberately offend or upset people.

Also why should planet rugby allow their forum to be a vehicle for people to spread their manure to their audience?
"Hate speech"?
It was a general point rather than about whatever Unseenwork said - i haven't bothered to search for whatever has sent you fruitloops into a frenzy again. You all get far to invested in this stuff when whether you can post on a rugby forum for a couple of weeks is really not important in the great scheme of things.
C69

Post by C69 »

Sandstorm wrote:
A Derbyshire mayor has been expelled from the Labour party after she suggested that Boris Johnson deserves to have coronavirus.

Good twats like that should not be in office.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

c69 wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

Good twats like that should not be in office.
This from her apology :lol:
Mayor Gooooooooooone wrote:I have every sympathy for the Prime Minister’s family who are suffering considerably at this time.

It must be very difficult for them, and I hope his partner and the baby are well.

I hope that he makes a recovery and does not suffer any long-term ill effects.

I do regret it, and I should not have said it.

I apologise unreservedly for it. We all make mistakes, including Boris Johnson, and it will not happen again.”
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

alliswell wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
alliswell wrote:Every time someone famous dies we're snowed under with shit puns and some edgy arsehole posts fhhd but when Boris looks like he's in trouble it's all clappy-clappy, banny-banny. Telling.
Were there loads of people reporting her? I don't even know if anyone reported her. Are you assuming people who are saying she was being off means they reported her or wanted her banned ?
You're assuming that I'm assuming. I make no assumptions and offer no opinions
No I'm not assuming that you are assuming. If I was assuming you were assuming I wouldn't have asked you if you were assuming. You really shouldn't assume such things.
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

Anonymous. wrote:
alliswell wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
alliswell wrote:Every time someone famous dies we're snowed under with shit puns and some edgy arsehole posts fhhd but when Boris looks like he's in trouble it's all clappy-clappy, banny-banny. Telling.
Were there loads of people reporting her? I don't even know if anyone reported her. Are you assuming people who are saying she was being off means they reported her or wanted her banned ?
You're assuming that I'm assuming. I make no assumptions and offer no opinions
No I'm not assuming that you are assuming. If I was assuming you were assuming I wouldn't have asked you if you were assuming. You really shouldn't assume such things.
I see you've played knifey-assumey before
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

blindcider wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
blindcider wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:

"Hate speech"?
It was a general point rather than about whatever Unseenwork said - i haven't bothered to search for whatever has sent you fruitloops into a frenzy again. You all get far to invested in this stuff when whether you can post on a rugby forum for a couple of weeks is really not important in the great scheme of things.
Yup, it's me who is in a frenzy.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

Fester is a disgusting apologist and should be banned and forced to isolate with Mullet and one small fridge.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Sefton wrote:Fester is a disgusting apologist and should be banned and forced to isolate with Mullet and one small fridge.
The small fridge is a thoughtful addition. If Mullet can’t eat Fester in one sitting, it would be a shame to see the remainder spoil.
wreckthehouse

Post by wreckthehouse »

fishfoodie wrote:
Humbug !
Boris Johnson has been branded a disgrace for dismissing pleas from Labour MPs to stop using inflammatory language in light of the murder of Jo Cox, telling one that it was “humbug” and another that the best way to honour her was to “get Brexit done”.
So if it's okay for he himself; to describe pleas to tone down inflammatory language, as "Humbug"; how is it justified to ban someone from speaking freely, allbeit, using inflammatory language; about him ?
He didn't use, "inflammatory language", though did he.

It was emotionally manipulative nonsense from labour backbenchers to use Jo Cox as a means of political point scoring, as her husband made very clear at the time.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

wreckthehouse wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
Humbug !
Boris Johnson has been branded a disgrace for dismissing pleas from Labour MPs to stop using inflammatory language in light of the murder of Jo Cox, telling one that it was “humbug” and another that the best way to honour her was to “get Brexit done”.
So if it's okay for he himself; to describe pleas to tone down inflammatory language, as "Humbug"; how is it justified to ban someone from speaking freely, allbeit, using inflammatory language; about him ?
He didn't use, "inflammatory language", though did he.

It was emotionally manipulative nonsense from labour backbenchers to use Jo Cox as a means of political point scoring, as her husband made very clear at the time.
It was a pretty bizarre episode.
Peaches

Post by Peaches »

Just because you want her unbanned doesn't mean she'll have sex with you :thumbdown:
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Sefton wrote:Fester is a disgusting apologist and should be banned and forced to isolate with Mullet and one small fridge.

Sure that's a death sentence for Fester? He just can't compete with Mullet in those circumstances.
Lobby

Post by Lobby »

i see that, deprived of the opportunity to post on PR, unseenwork has been out and about in her local area

C69

Post by C69 »

Lobby wrote:i see that, deprived of the opportunity to post on PR, unseenwork has been out and about in her local area

I am sure she would not use the word pray.
What with religion being the Opium of the masses and all that.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

eldanielfire wrote:

Sure that's a death sentence for Fester? He just can't compete with Mullet in those circumstances.
The fridge is stocked with craft beer. I'll be grand.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Uncle Fester wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

He'll eat you so.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

eldanielfire wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Bit of a difference between some puns and good natured dark jokes than wishing someone harm or dead.

I also think in this case the context of the situation is why people are sympathetic, thousands are dying and that includes peoples loved ones.
So boris is a "loved one"?
To his kids, pregnant lover and Openside, yes!
Can anyone tell me precisely how many people that is?
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

happyhooker wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Bit of a difference between some puns and good natured dark jokes than wishing someone harm or dead.

I also think in this case the context of the situation is why people are sympathetic, thousands are dying and that includes peoples loved ones.
Even Boris can't tell you that.
Fangle

Post by Fangle »

I have to say that I am sorry for usw in the same way that I was sorry for Refry. They must have no happiness in their lives that they only get pleasure from others suffering. Unban the poor sod.
Hong Kong

Post by Hong Kong »

Fangle wrote:I have to say that I am sorry for usw in the same way that I was sorry for Refry. They must have no happiness in their lives that they only get pleasure from others suffering. Unban the poor sod.
FFS, peeps, she got a week....🤦🏻‍♂️

Pretty sure I gave her two, unless you've soft and reduced it.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Hong Kong wrote:
Fangle wrote:I have to say that I am sorry for usw in the same way that I was sorry for Refry. They must have no happiness in their lives that they only get pleasure from others suffering. Unban the poor sod.
The poor girl. She deserves help not punishment.
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

Hong Kong wrote:
A week is a long time in politics, you know.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Hong Kong wrote:
Captain Funwrecker always strikes when you least expect it!
Openside

Post by Openside »

eldanielfire wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Us poshoes have to stick together, someone has to hold back the waves of nannyism and I’m offended’ pansies.
henry

Post by henry »

Weren’t the nannying I’msooffended crew the reason for the banning?
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

henry wrote:Weren’t the nannying I’msooffended crew the reason for the banning?

Nope - some of the posts/threads are sometimes seen by people who don't normally frequent the bored. But, it was a scummy post anyway.
Openside

Post by Openside »

I was talking about Boris and I not the Mods.

In proper times USW wouldn’t have been a problem as she would have spent her whole life ‘below stairs’ and we wouldn’t have had been subjected to her Trotskyist ideology ;)
henry

Post by henry »

Openside wrote:

In proper times USW wouldn’t have been a problem as she would have spent her whole life ‘below stairs’ and we wouldn’t have had been subjected to her Trotskyist ideology ;)
It’s all fun, games and freedom of speech when Boris and co are talking bum boys, letter boxes, collaborating, surrendering and the mawkish sentimentality of the perennially mourning scousers but as soon as someone says something ‘scummy’ about Bojo himself, it’s a step too far.

Softcockery abounds.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

henry wrote:
Openside wrote:

It’s all fun, games and freedom of speech when Boris and co are talking bum boys, letter boxes, collaborating, surrendering and the mawkish sentimentality of the perennially mourning scousers but as soon as someone says something ‘scummy’ about Bojo himself, it’s a step too far.

Softcockery abounds.
Isn’t that just so.

It’s all jests, wizard japes and harmless buffoonery until someone non-U says something mean about The Right Sort of Chap.
Openside

Post by Openside »

MungoMan wrote:
henry wrote:
Openside wrote:

Softcockery abounds.
Isn’t that just so.

It’s all jests, wizard japes and harmless buffoonery until someone non-U says something mean about The Right Sort of Chap.
Quite, Plebs are like children they should be seen and not heard...
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Openside wrote:
MungoMan wrote:
henry wrote:
Openside wrote:

Softcockery abounds.
Isn’t that just so.

Quite, Plebs are like children they should be seen and not heard...
Obscene and not heard is the preferred formulation in respect of the distaff members, so I understand.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Uncle Fester wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

SO even less food for Mullet then? Don't see him holding out for long.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

happyhooker wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

Not even Boris can do that.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

How original eldaniel 🤔