Weight Gain/Loss during lockdown so far?

All things Rugby

How good/bad has it been?

5+kg
11%
4kg
4%
3kg
9%
2kg
12%
1kg
7%
Holding steady
25%
-1kg
12%
-2kg
11%
-3kg
11%
Henson
No votes

Total votes: 57

matta25

Re: Weight Gain/Loss during lockdown so far?

Post by matta25 »

105kg a month ago. 108 now :blush:

Not my fault no salad but plenty of ice cream.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

easyray wrote:Down 5kg since lock down. Normally I work away from home so I ate in the hotel/restaurants most evenings, supplemented by 3 - 5 beers a night. Home is a veggie diet and no booze, so lifestyle has changed completely.
Yeah working away from home is recipe for weight gain
Inevitably you end up eating out, I just sit at the bar as I got sad asking for table for one please
Sit at bar means beer
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Started my weight loss diet 5 weeks ago and am now down 5.5kgs.

The lockdown is quite good as we have only stocked essential so the only snacking is carrots and raw cauliflower, which is really bloody nice.

Smaller plate and lots of water
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Winnie wrote:
easyray wrote:Down 5kg since lock down. Normally I work away from home so I ate in the hotel/restaurants most evenings, supplemented by 3 - 5 beers a night. Home is a veggie diet and no booze, so lifestyle has changed completely.
Yeah working away from home is recipe for weight gain
Inevitably you end up eating out, I just sit at the bar as I got sad asking for table for one please
Sit at bar means beer
My daughter was very excited a couple of years ago when she started flying around the US on business trips. I let her find out herself how mind numbingly boring it could be because I didn’t have the heart to tell her myself. The magic was gone after two trips.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Lost weight in first couple of weeks of WFH but that was mainly due to being sick, last week and a bit I've gone crazy on Easter Eggs so weight is climbing back up.

After this weekend I'll stop eating Easter Eggs so should drop back down again.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Probably 1-2 kg up. I'm still going for my beachfront runs, which I now cherish, but I'm simply not moving as much as I normally do.
freewheelan

Post by freewheelan »

I have a home gym that I've built up over the years. Mainly free weights, a chin-up/dip station, hyperextension gizmo, bands, and a bench and rack. Just before the lockdown, I started messing around with a theory called nucleus overload. I have no idea if it works but basically you do daily full-body workouts. After years of doing bro splits it's a lot of fun doing something else. The workouts generally go for 90 minutes and are pretty exhausting early on. I've lost 4kg on the scales, put on some muscle, and lost 10cm around my waist.
sockwithaticket

Post by sockwithaticket »

On the scales i've gained weight, but my jeans are looser.

More and better quality sleep, less attempting to maintain wakefulness with sugary snacks from the vending machine, better workouts.
Stevus55 wrote:Was actively trying to cut fat so weight was trending down anyway, but muscle has fallen off me lately as I’ve lost access to proper weights. Pushups only go so far :(
There are so many variations of pushup you can do, not to mention the huge range of other bodyweight exercises. It depends on what your were doing in the gym weight wise, but it's possible to stay pretty big and strong without equipment.
freewheelan

Post by freewheelan »

sockwithaticket wrote:On the scales i've gained weight, but my jeans are looser.

More and better quality sleep, less attempting to maintain wakefulness with sugary snacks from the vending machine, better workouts.
Stevus55 wrote:Was actively trying to cut fat so weight was trending down anyway, but muscle has fallen off me lately as I’ve lost access to proper weights. Pushups only go so far :(
There are so many variations of pushup you can do, not to mention the huge range of other bodyweight exercises. It depends on what your were doing in the gym weight wise, but it's possible to stay pretty big and strong without equipment.
If you have the time go for high volume if you can't do heavy weights. A lot of youtube fitness folks are posting home workout routines if you need some ideas.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

I'm starting to look like NZ Cricket commentator Ian Smith which is ironic. I may require appetite suppressants otherwise I won't fit into my pre-lockdown clothes when the lockdown is over.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

It’s been quite a few weeks since I last went to the gym where I’d weigh myself after every workout, and I’ve done not enough exercise since I started feeling decidedly shit near the end of last month. Consequently I feared I’d put on a bit given I was / am a bit tired and headachey rather than nauseous and so haven’t lost my appetite.

This thread inspired me to hop on the home scales, something I’d studiously doing avoided lest the results disappoint me. Turns out there is no material change: i.e. the reading is maybe a kilo lower, but that’s well within the bounds being an artefact of inaccurate old domestic scales.

So holding steady, then.

If / when my usual energy levels return, I’ll be upping my home weights work with a view to putting on a few kilos of muscle.
Nieghorn

Post by Nieghorn »

Checked in on my 82-year old gran the other day and she started telling me all about her exercise routine... I've been doing okay, but thought I should ramp up the body weight stuff in addition to the walk / bike. :lol:

Anyone got a good resource?
freewheelan

Post by freewheelan »

Nieghorn wrote:Checked in on my 82-year old gran the other day and she started telling me all about her exercise routine... I've been doing okay, but thought I should ramp up the body weight stuff in addition to the walk / bike. :lol:

Anyone got a good resource?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKlK17aS2T4
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

I arrived back from the US so lost weight immediately.

Daily walks with the dog which break into trots going well - I'm looking at slow and long weight loss
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:I arrived back from the US so lost weight immediately.

Daily walks with the dog which break into trots going well - I'm looking at slow and long weight loss
About time.

Otherwise, given your recent status as potential Typhoid Mary and as well as your girth, we shall rename you Hazmat the KindaFat.

Also, do not breathe on the dog. Or fall on it.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

MungoMan wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:I arrived back from the US so lost weight immediately.

About time.

Otherwise, given your recent status as potential Typhoid Mary and as well as your girth, we shall rename you Hazmat the KindaFat.

Also, do not breathe on the dog. Or fall on it.
:lol: :lol:
Fenman

Post by Fenman »

Using the pedometer app on my phone to remind me I need to get in plenty of exercise since retirement in late December. I see that I am averaging about 10km per day over the last six months. The consequence is that the waist line has tightened up nicely.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Was about 98kg near to the start. Started doing more exercise again (still carrying an injury, so some things are tough). Also started the 5:2 diet, which at least visually, seems to be working.
Rumham

Post by Rumham »

This is not going well although I did go for my first run today. It's not pretty though.
Theflier

Post by Theflier »

Always had a lean frame, the day I left university I was 6' 0.5 and 12st 4. 3 months into my first job I was nigh on 14st. Thats been 4 years now. Gone in heavy with supplements and enzyme blockers, and clocked in under 13st for the first time since I was 23 yesterday.

The fat enzyme blockers and the lack of fast food/delivery/eating out has done wonders.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

sockwithaticket wrote:On the scales i've gained weight, but my jeans are looser.

Big, yes. Strong, no. Strength is a specific skill which needs specific stimulus to maintain it and progress it.

Obviously doing high rep work and maintaining size will starve off the worst of the loss of strength, but doing multiple sets of pushups for multiples of tens of reps won't make your bench improve, if you were starting from a non-novice starting point.
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

I need to revise myself down to -1kg.
Been doing about 200km a week cycling with 2km of climbing, so been enjoying that.
I’ve naturally cut down on the Easter eggs but still on 3 beers a day.
Saint

Post by Saint »

I'm now down over half a stone. Much less pub time, many fewer takeaways and no eating out. My exercise is actually lower as I'm currently working harder and have much less spare time, and my alcohol consumption may actually be up overalk, but much more wine and much less beer
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

I've gone from 94 to 89Kg. Fuck knows how. Maybe I've got the Covid...
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

mr bungle wrote:I've gone from 94 to 89Kg. Fuck knows how. Maybe I've got the Covid...
I went down initially, but I've started going back up in the last week, I think I'm just doing more exercise, but I'm eating more because I'm doing more exercise.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

I've done nothing special on the diet. Except for a few beers just before going on furlough, I have been dry since New Years Day. I didn't lose weight before lockdown, but since then the weather has been great. I have done a lot of cycling in the last 5 weeks, and have lost at least 2 inches around the waist.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

I've lost a few Kgs as I was in America for a week before we went into lockdown.

Walking the dog several times a day but still eating well and drinking every day.

It shows you that the food that looks "healthy" when you buy lunch at work is chock full of sugar, etc.

I'm cooking up a storm but with fresh ingredients and my waistline is showing the difference with the fresh food
Beaver_Shark

Post by Beaver_Shark »

I've gained a kilo in a month generally due to the decreased exercise and my wife's increased baking output.

It could have been a lot worse though, but the lack of beer and takeaways during the lockdown has given me a fighting chance.
Salanya

Post by Salanya »

Lost a few pounds before Easter with the lovely weather and making the most of the exercise.

Then Easter (chocolate) came, and the pounds are back on :(

But working hours will be reduced soon, as will hopefully the nice weather.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Wignu wrote:
backrow wrote:
Wignu wrote:
backrow wrote:So , I mentioned this on the drinking thread - normally I’m 96-98 kg and usually bounce around that sort of mark. Been quaffing spirits pretty much daily for a few weeks and saw on my scales I was over 105kg !
A week now of ‘no booze unless with a meal’ and I’m already back to 103kg so quite hopeful another few weeks of running after the kids and I will be back to my normal buff ness.
How tall are you?
1.93m
Jaysus I'm f**ked!
Back to 101kg
Clearly , drinking lots of spirits every day, is not good for me ! :lol:
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Beaver_Shark wrote:I've gained a kilo in a month generally due to the decreased exercise and my wife's increased baking output.

It could have been a lot worse though, but the lack of beer and takeaways during the lockdown has given me a fighting chance.
I fluctuate by a couple of kg day to day. 1kg is nothing. What you've eaten in the last 24 hours, hydration, time of day, how recently you've taken a dump will cause fluctuations bigger than that "increase".
croyals

Post by croyals »

One of the working away crowd so my beer/burger/expenses routine is over for a bit. Still drinking plenty but getting a good amount of exercise and haven't had any junk food at all. Down a few.
The Man Without Fear

Post by The Man Without Fear »

Lost 3kg

No takeaways
No work birthdays and half a ton of cake to eat
No business development piss ups or big lunches or bacon sandwich breakfasts
My wife is doing the food shopping now so no more soft fat cheese and an entire pig's worth of cured meat to eat in one sitting
No sneaking out to buy a packet of crisps or some sweets at lunchtime
Daily walks
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Gained 2kg. Bloody red wine
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

2 to 3 kgs to an already weighty frame. Barely moving about, I suppose like most people.
Fat Albert

Post by Fat Albert »

No change

However, 30 mins of pilates/aerobic everyday plus 5k walk or 10k+ bike alternative days has, after 6 weeks, resulted in me being fitter than for the last 20 years at least, sleeping better, eating better, shitting better.

Probably need to consider retiring so I can continue this regime for the forseeable