NRL announces the re-start of their season May 28

All things Rugby
Davedj77

Re: NRL announces the re-start of their season May 28

Post by Davedj77 »

I knew NRL players(well many anyway) were dumb as fuck plums but this takes the fucking cake. Bad enough breaking isolation but to allow pics to be put on social media? That's Trump like levels of stupidity. Glad I stopped watching this dumb arse excuse for a competition years ago.
blackblackblack

Post by blackblackblack »

Unlicensed possession of a firearm is no small beans as a criminal charge.

https://www.armstronglegal.com.au/crimi ... nlicensed/
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

blackblackblack wrote:Unlicensed possession of a firearm is no small beans as a criminal charge.

There will be a court process, but given the current sensitivities around everything, and the outcry from some corners that the NRL is being afforded too much favouritism, I expect the game to throw the book at these two blokes. Lengthy suspensions for both if found guilty.
blackblackblack

Ali's Choice wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:Unlicensed possession of a firearm is no small beans as a criminal charge.

There will be a court process, but given the current sensitivities around everything, and the outcry from some corners that the NRL is being afforded too much favouritism, I expect the game to throw the book at these two blokes. Lengthy suspensions for both if found guilty.
I would think current circumstances to be an aggravating factor when it comes to sentencing. A suspension won't matter much if they are on Home Detention.
wamberal99

Post by wamberal99 »

Ali's Choice wrote:Latrell Mitchell and Ado-Carr are facing court over firearm charges.

Their total lack of any awareness just boggles the mind. I mean, had they just kept it all quiet it would probably been okay. Dear oh bloody dear.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

NRL confirms a 20 round season starting May 28 with an Oct 25th Grand Final.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/04/28/nrl ... orkContent
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Ali's Choice wrote:NRL confirms a 20 round season starting May 28 with an Oct 25th Grand Final.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/04/28/nrl ... orkContent
I have a bunch of very annoying shit to do tomorrow but I shall attempt to squeeze in drafting letters to the Qld Premier and Health Minister.

The gist of those will be that it would be a mistake to waive any Qld restrictions in place before or after May 28 for personnel involved in the planned NRL restart.
Demilich

Post by Demilich »

I'm not one to defend a scum-bag Cleary, but in fairness to Nathan, you'd have to have at least 5 girls on rotation to be able to maintain the muscle structure of a jaw that large.
blackblackblack

Demilich wrote:I'm not one to defend a scum-bag Cleary, but in fairness to Nathan, you'd have to have at least 5 girls on rotation to be able to maintain the muscle structure of a jaw that large.
Clear(l)y a lot of meat in that head.
grievous

Post by grievous »

So NRL suspends fines and confirms there is no chance of delaying start yet everyone up to the Premier has criticized them. So a few people might be exposed and die, at least the greatest game of all is playing!
Nothing but grubs.
naki

Post by naki »

I assumed that when they announced the restart they'd already been given the green light by govt authorities etc?
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Demilich wrote:I'm not one to defend a scum-bag Cleary, but in fairness to Nathan, you'd have to have at least 5 girls on rotation to be able to maintain the muscle structure of a jaw that large.
What have you got against the Cleary's? (Or is this just in relation to this incident?)
Kahu

Post by Kahu »

Cleary it's a wordplay Matua. With jaw muscles like that it wouldn't surprise me if he played for both teams.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

naki wrote:I assumed that when they announced the restart they'd already been given the green light by govt authorities etc?
lol no
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Players revolt against NRL's return to training on Monday
By Michael Chammas
April 30, 2020 — 11.30am

NRL players are set to revolt against the code's plans to return to training on Monday, uniting in support of the Warriors' pledge not to leave New Zealand until a pay deal is agreed.

The NRL is expecting federal and NSW government exemptions on Friday that would allow the Warriors to enter the country and be based in Tamworth ahead of a competition restart on May 28. However, it may be a moot point if the code does not finalise its broadcast deal with Nine Entertainment Co and Foxtel in the next 24 hours.

The Warriors are waiting to hear whether they will be allowed to train as a group upon their return to Australia.
The Warriors are waiting to hear whether they will be allowed to train as a group upon their return to Australia.CREDIT:AAP

The Herald can reveal some of the game's most senior figures, including Melbourne captain Cameron Smith, backed the Warriors' stance in an emotion-charged phone hook-up between the players on Wednesday night, preparing not to show for Monday's mandatory biosecurity and protocols briefing.

It was agreed in the meeting of RLPA club delegates that no players would return before the NRL announced how much the players would be paid for the rest of the year, a decision that the players had agreed to keep from their clubs.

When contacted by the Herald on Thursday morning, one club chief executive said he was unaware of the proposed boycott. Clubs are also waiting for the NRL to finalise the broadcast deal for their own plans.

RLPA boss Clint Newton was expecting a financial proposal to put to the players on Wednesday, but indications from head office now point towards a broadcast deal being struck next week.

Warriors players Blake Green, Adam Blair and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck spoke on behalf of their teammates when they reiterated that they wouldn't leave New Zealand, even with an exemption to enter Australia, until the pay structure was agreed.

The Warriors have spent the past month in lockdown under New Zealand government restrictions, and aren't willing to take a chance on having to spend 14 days in isolation if the NRL is unable to strike a deal. That would leave them in limbo, away from their families, facing another 14 days of strict isolation back in New Zealand if the competition is delayed.

While the NRL is confident it will get the necessary approvals to start the 20-round season on May 28, the Warriors will not leave it to chance. As reported by the Herald on Thursday morning, Channel Nine has indicated to the NRL it wants to pay $90 million of the $118 million it is contracted to pay in 2020.

The game is bracing for a combined $60 million shortfall between Nine and Fox Sports, and the players are demanding to know how much of an impact that will have on their salaries before they consider leaving their families for the next five months.

Nine is the owner of this masthead.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

More charges likely for Nathan Clearly, as videos emerge of him doing tik tok dancing with another groups of young blondes. Apparently he didn't inform the NRL integrity commission of these events "because they didn't ask" :lol:

How are these guys going to handle living under strict NRL quarantine conditions when they can't even stay at home under the more relaxed community restrictions?
Wignu

Post by Wignu »

What's the deal with the players not letting their clubs know that decision, seems to be a division between players, clubs and the NRL worthy of the RA.
blackblackblack

Ali's Choice wrote:More charges likely for Nathan Clearly, as videos emerge of him doing tik tok dancing with another groups of young blondes. Apparently he didn't inform the NRL integrity commission of these events "because they didn't ask" :lol:

How are these guys going to handle living under strict NRL quarantine conditions when they can't even stay at home under the more relaxed community restrictions?
The simple answer is that they're not going to. If they all end up in the same location I see some surreal lord of the flies shit going down. Reality TV won't have diddly on this.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

blackblackblack wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:More charges likely for Nathan Clearly, as videos emerge of him doing tik tok dancing with another groups of young blondes. Apparently he didn't inform the NRL integrity commission of these events "because they didn't ask" :lol:

The simple answer is that they're not going to. If they all end up in the same location I see some surreal lord of the flies shit going down. Reality TV won't have diddly on this.
Maybe the reality tv angle is how V'landys is going to make up for the shortfall in 2020 TV revenue? Stranger things have happened.
Demilich

Post by Demilich »

UncleFB wrote:
What have you got against the Cleary's? (Or is this just in relation to this incident?)
Ivan f**ked the Tigers up the arse, brutally, sans-lube. And Nathan looks like him, so I invoke Sins of the Father on him and his enormous chin.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

What is the point of a Suspended fine?

So he's only fined $4000?

:|
The 22-year-old was fined $10,000, 60 per cent of which is suspended, and also hit with a suspended one-game ban by the NRL on Thursday. The NRL integrity unit continues to investigate the incident.
Demilich

Post by Demilich »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:What is the point of a Suspended fine?

So he's only fined $4000?

:|
The 22-year-old was fined $10,000, 60 per cent of which is suspended, and also hit with a suspended one-game ban by the NRL on Thursday. The NRL integrity unit continues to investigate the incident.
I guess it's like a good-behaviour bond? I don't really get the point either - just fine them more next time they screw-up - I assume sports-bodies do it just to make it appear like a harsher punishment. The suspended one-game ban seems even more stupid.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Exactly - it's a piss-take
grievous

Post by grievous »

Lip service.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

grievous wrote:Lip service.
I wager that's what Cleary got
bravo

Post by bravo »

What an absolute shitshow (and a hilarious one at that).

First they staunchly announce a May 28 relaunch date, then their shoddy broadcaster relationships are made public, then they desperately attempt to renegotiate broadcaster dollars and terms..and THEN senior players go up in arms over the potential likelihood that they won't be receiving a proper wage :lol:

Forgot to throw in there somewhere that they kicked out their CEO amongst this, that a handful of their star names are still acting like d*ckheads AND that their submitted relaunch proposal to state government mentioned that the likelihood of a major outbreak if a player were infected is very much possible.

Does anyone working at executive level for the NRL have a mirror or any actual professional dignity? ..how insanely embarrassing..
Last edited by bravo on Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
I would of
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

grievous wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
I would of
Cleary? :shock:
grievous

Post by grievous »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
grievous wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
I would of
Cleary? :shock:
Clearly
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

bravo wrote:What an absolute shitshow (and a hilarious one at that).

First they staunchly announce a May 28 relaunch date, then their shoddy broadcaster relationships are made public, then they desperately attempt to renegotiate broadcaster dollars and terms..and THEN senior players go up in arms over the potential likelihood that they won't be receiving a proper wage :lol:

Forgot to throw in there somewhere that they kicked out their CEO amongst this, that a handful of their star names are still acting like d*ckheads AND that their submitted relaunch proposal to state government mentioned that the likelihood of a major outbreak if a player were infected is very much possible.

Does anyone working at executive level for the NRL have a mirror or any actual professional dignity? ..how insanely embarrassing..
Seems to me like the NRL's administrators are fighting as hard as they can for their game. Sure, ultimately their efforts may prove futile but at least they're trying really hard. In start contrast Rugby Australia has spent its time and energies on bloody coups and messy power struggles. Does RA even have a CEO?
bravo

Post by bravo »

Seems to me like the NRL's administrators are fighting as hard as they can for their game. Sure, ultimately their efforts may prove futile but at least they're trying really hard. In start contrast Rugby Australia has spent its time and energies on bloody coups and messy power struggles. Does RA even have a CEO?
Valid point, though Rugby Australia is an altogether very different steaming pile a mess of sh*t right now itself, not sure one can compare.

I'm just blown away that the NRL are this self-absorbed and self-motivated that they seem to be completely disregarding, borderline oblivious of the fact every other sporting code on the planet (not to mention the planet itself) has been shutdown indefinitely because of this pandemic..
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

bravo wrote:I'm just blown away that the NRL are this self-absorbed and self-motivated that they seem to be completely disregarding, borderline oblivious of the fact every other sporting code on the planet (not to mention the planet itself) has been shutdown indefinitely because of this pandemic..
I'm comfortable with a sports governing body being self-motivated and even self absorbed. My gripe with the NRL is that they appear to be delusional and completely tone-deaf to the challenges and restrictions that other organisations and businesses currently face. They are coming across as being very arrogant, and look to be bullying state governments into compliance. In saying that, the NSW state government is fawning over the NRL like a besotted schoolgirl.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Ali's Choice wrote:
bravo wrote:I'm just blown away that the NRL are this self-absorbed and self-motivated that they seem to be completely disregarding, borderline oblivious of the fact every other sporting code on the planet (not to mention the planet itself) has been shutdown indefinitely because of this pandemic..
I'm comfortable with a sports governing body being self-motivated and even self absorbed. My gripe with the NRL is that they appear to be delusional and completely tone-deaf to the challenges and restrictions that other organisations and businesses currently face. They are coming across as being very arrogant, and look to be bullying state governments into compliance. In saying that, the NSW state government is fawning over the NRL like a besotted schoolgirl.
You're starting to get it, finally.
shanky

Post by shanky »

I genuinely wonder whether Latrell is going to go through life blaming 'racism' for every thing that happens to him while he's being a cock.

Jesus.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

grievous wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Dumb post, even for you. My views on the NRL, and their hasty May 28 proposal, have never changed. I support the North QLD Cowboys and enjoy watching them play, but that doesn't mean I can't see negative issues associated with the NRL when they arise. Unlike you I am able to enjoy engaging with more than one sport at a time.
Vuaka

Post by Vuaka »

The NSW state government fawning over the NRL is partly because of the blotched stadiums redevelopment. Promises were made about having the stadiums rebuilt/refurbished and meeting GF deadlines.

However we still have a hole in the ground at Moore Park and it is doubtful when the Olympic Park refurb will commence, if ever this decade. NSW is shit scared that the GF will go to Brisvegas... and when it's a raging success there, it's going to be more lost dollars for NSW.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

From Annastacia Palaszczuk's facebook page these evening. Looks like the NRL will restart on May 28th. I can hear grievous's hysterical screams, as he simultaneously cries and shame-wanks, from up here in QLD.
BREAKING: We’ve cleared the way for the NRL to restart their 2020 season.

In a telephone hook up this afternoon, I told NRL Chairman Peter V’Landys and the CEOs of the Broncos, Cowboys and Titans that they could resume training for a season re-opener on May 28.

I’ve always said I’m as keen as anyone else to see the NRL return – the only condition was that it did not put our excellent work containing the spread of COVID-19 at risk and the Chief Health Officer advises that the NRL plan is workable.

Following examples of players breaking restrictions this week, I’ve demanded further assurances about enforcing home-quarantine measures that are a cornerstone of the NRL’s plan.

The NRL and Queensland Chief Health Officer will have further discussions on those measures.

The decision gives clubs permission to travel across the Queensland border to play because they are working and are in quarantine.

Importantly, it also allows Queensland players to remain in the state with their families.

First round games will be played in Queensland and, of course, I put in a bid for a local grand final and we all look forward to hosting the State of Origin.

#NRL
grievous

Post by grievous »

Ali's Choice wrote:
grievous wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Dumb post, even for you. My views on the NRL, and their hasty May 28 proposal, have never changed. I support the North QLD Cowboys and enjoy watching them play, but that doesn't mean I can't see negative issues associated with the NRL when they arise. Unlike you I am able to enjoy engaging with more than one sport at a time.
Oh I see, you just have a hissy fit when others criticise NRL and go def con defensive mode :uhoh:
I follow a number of other sports. If it upsets you I dont follow your brainless sport then win win.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Ali's Choice wrote:From Annastacia Palaszczuk's facebook page these evening. Looks like the NRL will restart on May 28th. I can hear grievous's hysterical screams, as he simultaneously cries and shame-wanks, from up here in QLD.

In a telephone hook up this afternoon, I told NRL Chairman Peter V’Landys and the CEOs of the Broncos, Cowboys and Titans that they could resume training for a season re-opener on May 28.

I’ve always said I’m as keen as anyone else to see the NRL return – the only condition was that it did not put our excellent work containing the spread of COVID-19 at risk and the Chief Health Officer advises that the NRL plan is workable.

Following examples of players breaking restrictions this week, I’ve demanded further assurances about enforcing home-quarantine measures that are a cornerstone of the NRL’s plan.

The NRL and Queensland Chief Health Officer will have further discussions on those measures.

The decision gives clubs permission to travel across the Queensland border to play because they are working and are in quarantine.

Importantly, it also allows Queensland players to remain in the state with their families.

First round games will be played in Queensland and, of course, I put in a bid for a local grand final and we all look forward to hosting the State of Origin.

#NRL
shame wanks? Youre a fvcking weirdo, how does the education system let you among children up there? How on earth did you clear a working with children check?
Demilich

Post by Demilich »

Ali's Choice wrote:From Annastacia Palaszczuk's facebook page these evening. Looks like the NRL will restart on May 28th. I can hear grievous's hysterical screams, as he simultaneously cries and shame-wanks, from up here in QLD.

#NRL
I believe that is known as a "Crank" - a wank lubricated by ones own tears.