Clap for carers

All things Rugby
Keith

Clap for carers

Post by Keith »

It's doing my head in. Those of us with stir crazy toddlers are trying to get them settled to sleep and you've got a street full of dicks clattering pots and pans. A gentle round of applause, fine. Leave the pans in the cupboards though, pricks.

Rant over.
backrow

Re: Clap for carers

Post by backrow »

Vuvuzela ftw
:smug:

But I too have given up on clapping every week now. Mawkish shite, and the anti boris clap types put me off now doing anything virtue signalling. My way of keyworker thanks, is giving my postie / binman/ Tesco deliver guy an ice cold Can of Coke to say thanks.
Varsity Way

Post by Varsity Way »

My two girls 9 and 5 are doing it every week. They love it. They sleep an hour longer as well :lol:
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

Keith wrote:It's doing my head in. Those of us with stir crazy toddlers are trying to get them settled to sleep and you've got a street full of dicks clattering pots and pans. A gentle round of applause, fine. Leave the pans in the cupboards though, pricks.

Rant over.
There was a couple out for a jog at that time near us. Looked like the whole street were out to cheer them along, which tickled me.

Luckily my lad goes to bed by half seven and sleeps like a log. Hasn't been an issue so far on that front.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Margin_Walker wrote:
Keith wrote:It's doing my head in. Those of us with stir crazy toddlers are trying to get them settled to sleep and you've got a street full of dicks clattering pots and pans. A gentle round of applause, fine. Leave the pans in the cupboards though, pricks.

Rant over.
There was a couple out for a jog at that time near us. Looked like the whole street were out to cheer them along, which tickled me.

Luckily my lad goes to bed by half seven and sleeps like a log. Hasn't been an issue so far on that front.
My 2 year old son is in bed by 19:15 but takes a while to drop off as he lies in his cot and sings to himself for a while. He's usually dropping off at about 20:00, just in time for the pot and pan pricks to start :x
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Condoms. Antibiotics. EOS

Why are we talking about anachronistic ailments?
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

MungoMan wrote:Condoms. Antibiotics. EOS

Why are we talking about anachronistic ailments?
Whatever the question is, Eddie O Sullivan isn’t the answer.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

backrow wrote:Vuvuzela ftw
Christ jesus don’t mention them fecking zuluvulvas.

The wendyball WC in SA coincided with my ISP providing epically shit speed. To avoid stupidly slow loading times I ended up putting a big chunk of saffer posters on ignore because so many were adorning their posts with those god-damned annoying vuvuzela gifs.

And then of course I promptly forgot doing so.

It wasn’t ‘til aaaaages later that I wondered where all the saffer posters went; until finally noticing the little rectangles marking an ignored post.

A bit embarassing, that.
Lorthern Nights

Post by Lorthern Nights »

But I too have given up on clapping every week now. Mawkish shite, and the anti boris clap types put me off now doing anything virtue signalling. My way of keyworker thanks, is giving my postie / binman/ Tesco deliver guy an ice cold Can of Coke to say thanks.
Bagpipes :smug: 8) 8)

Gives my kids another excuse to be out of the house even if it is only for a few yards.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Lorthern Nights wrote:

Gives my kids another excuse to be out of the house even if it is only for a few yards.
Do you lock the door behind them?
Lorthern Nights

MungoMan wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:

Do you lock the door behind them?
Last night i did because we did a virtual wine tasting with a big group of us on Zoom. Great fun and to be recommended as an idea for the lockdown.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Excellent idea to hand over metal surfaces. Well done.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Was this your missus?

BlackMac

Post by BlackMac »

Yesterday one of my neighbours came round to speak to my wife, with the request that she actually go out into the street to accept the applause. I pointed out she was at work and would not be in till 2100. At 2100, bang on time for her driving into the street, all the neighbours came out again and clapped her along the street to the house. She was fecking mortified. :lol:
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

BlackMac wrote:Yesterday one of my neighbours came round to speak to my wife, with the request that she actually go out into the street to accept the applause. I pointed out she was at work and would not be in till 2100. At 2100, bang on time for her driving into the street, all the neighbours came out again and clapped her along the street to the house. She was fecking mortified. :lol:

That’s very good neighbours though.
BlackMac

Post by BlackMac »

bimboman wrote:
BlackMac wrote:Yesterday one of my neighbours came round to speak to my wife, with the request that she actually go out into the street to accept the applause. I pointed out she was at work and would not be in till 2100. At 2100, bang on time for her driving into the street, all the neighbours came out again and clapped her along the street to the house. She was fecking mortified. :lol:

That’s very good neighbours though.
Yeah, in general they are quality. The guy that came around is the organiser in chief who is already circulating emails for a BBQ/pissup at the end of all this shite.
backrow

Post by backrow »

happyhooker wrote:

Excellent idea to hand over metal surfaces. Well done.
Nice try - I realise you love to pick holes in what i write, but let me clairify - I have pallets of the stuff , and have left a (sealed in its own plastic) tray by the gate for them to take. True there might be some lurgy on the plastic but basically , I’ve not touched anything they will touch. Please don’t be a dick about someone , even me, trying to be nice to people working when it’s hot and sunny. Tray has finished now so I won’t put any more out for them just to put your mind at ease.

True the binman will have touched the bins I’ve put out , but he will just have to live on the edge.
backrow

Post by backrow »

fatcat wrote:

Was this your missus?

Bimboman’s gaff tbf
Keith

Post by Keith »

The pan pricks were out in force again. Get fucked, one and all :thumbup:
Wyndham Upalot

Post by Wyndham Upalot »

oops, forgot.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Some idiots have tried the same thing here. They get all righteous and shitty when I say we should be clapping for the supermarket workers as they are the only ones flat out here.

Carers (apart from the one in Christchurch) have never had it so easy
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Wyndham Upalot wrote:oops, forgot.
I managed to put dinner on the table at 7.59.30.

Lukewarm vongole is not that pleasant
Wyndham Upalot

Post by Wyndham Upalot »

happyhooker wrote:

'Pataks' look to the heavens here.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

That’s harsh wishing clap on the careers.
Wyndham Upalot

Post by Wyndham Upalot »

Gave a couple of quid to that wonderful Army Capt. :thumbup:
TB63

Post by TB63 »

Wyndham Upalot wrote:Gave a couple of quid to that wonderful Army Capt. :thumbup:

Yup, 20 squids off me..

Plus clapped tonight, 95% for the NHS, 5% to piss off Keith..
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Keith wrote:The pan pricks were out in force again. Get fucked, one and all :thumbup:
I gave it socks. I brought the old rattle from football terrace days . Made sure everybody could hear it. Went for 10 mins flat.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

Enzedder wrote:Some idiots have tried the same thing here. They get all righteous and shitty when I say we should be clapping for the supermarket workers as they are the only ones flat out here.

Carers (apart from the one in Christchurch) have never had it so easy
Might need to rebrand certain supermarkets to "Clap N Save".
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

happyhooker wrote:

Jeez, how long were you clapping for? :shock:
Keith

Post by Keith »

iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:The pan pricks were out in force again. Get fucked, one and all :thumbup:
I gave it socks. I brought the old rattle from football terrace days . Made sure everybody could hear it. Went for 10 mins flat.
Proven to be a wrong 'un
Lorthern Nights

TB63 wrote:
Wyndham Upalot wrote:Gave a couple of quid to that wonderful Army Capt. :thumbup:

Yup, 20 squids off me..

Aye, cash into to the Captain's thing this morning and did a run this morning so gave to the young lassie from Edinburgh's charity too
Keith

Post by Keith »

TB63 wrote:

Yup, 20 squids off me..

I've no problem with the clapping. The whooping and rattling pans, however....

Which means you only gave 95% effort. Poor form.