Modern vacuum cleaners Suck! Or rather, they don’t....

All things Rugby
YOYO

Re: Modern vacuum cleaners Suck! Or rather, they don’t....

Post by YOYO »

Ali's Choice wrote:My wife brought us a fancy stick dyson for Christmas. It cost over a grand and it's pretty poor, struggles with suction on certain surfaces. Waste of freakin $.
She must have got the model next one up above mine. The one with the built in efficiency mode and digital battery display. I didn’t see the point paying another €150 for that functionality.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Couch wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:My wife brought us a fancy stick dyson for Christmas. It cost over a grand and it's pretty poor, struggles with suction on certain surfaces. Waste of freakin $.
I remember there was a facebook group for mums that raved about a Kmart vacuum that was a tenth of the price of a Dyson that out performed it.
I suspect Kmart spend a ton on paid media content.

The sheer number of columns and segments along the lines of "Look at this cheap as shit Kmart product that outperforms much more expensive competitors" cannot be a coincidence.
Couch

Post by Couch »

jdogscoop wrote:
Couch wrote:
I remember there was a facebook group for mums that raved about a Kmart vacuum that was a tenth of the price of a Dyson that out performed it.
I suspect Kmart spend a ton on paid media content.

The sheer number of columns and segments along the lines of "Look at this cheap as shit Kmart product that outperforms much more expensive competitors" cannot be a coincidence.
Dyson doesn't do the same shit for the high end market?
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Saint wrote:I don't get it. I've owned two Dyson over the last 19 years and they've been flawless. The only reason it's two us that the other half accidently spilled water all over the plug socket if the old machine.
Same here. We are on our second Dyson stick cleaner in 20 years and the filters only need cleaning once every 3 months or so.
Spyglass

Post by Spyglass »

Whole house system is the best vacuum with the minor complication being that you have to install the piping when you build the house