Most disturbing movie scenes.

All things Rugby
rageagainstthemachine

Most disturbing movie scenes.

Post by rageagainstthemachine »

I stupidly watched the pianist today. Ive seen it before of course. God damn, how depressing. Specifically, im talking about the scene where they fire the grandad in the wheelchair off the balcony. It ruined my day. Luckily beer perks me up a bit.

What else off the top of ye're heads?
C69

Re: Most disturbing movie scenes.

Post by C69 »

A Serbian...
:uhoh: x(
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

All the bits in White Men Can't Jump where Rosie Perez is speaking.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

The baby in Trainspotting.
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

Buffalo hacking in Apocalypse Now.
rageagainstthemachine

Bimboc69 wrote:A Serbian...
After a quick google, i wont be watching that one. I should have put mainstream in the title.
SamShark

Post by SamShark »

This is a really odd memory but one night - assume I was off my head in some way - I woke up and the telly was on and there was a movie scene where someone grabbed someone's head and smashed their teeth into a mantle piece.

Dunno what the film was but it was freaky.

Other films that have f**ked me up:

- As a kid watcing Robocop where the gang members shoot the policeman dude and blow his hand off. f**ked me up.

- Again as a kid there was a BBC drama about the Falklands war called Tumbledown and a soldier stabbed another soldier to death with a bayonet. Again f**ked me up.
Inch high hogs eye

Post by Inch high hogs eye »

SamShark wrote:This is a really odd memory but one night - assume I was off my head in some way - I woke up and the telly was on and there was a movie scene where someone grabbed someone's head and smashed their teeth into a mantle piece.

Dario Argento’s “Deep Red” possibly? Disturbing scenes were his oeuvre to be fair...
https://youtu.be/qbPDLv33B7M
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

JB1981 wrote:The baby in Trainspotting.
Yeah good call

Also what was the other druggie film of that era - requiem for a dream?
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Duff Paddy wrote:
JB1981 wrote:The baby in Trainspotting.
Yeah good call

Also what was the other druggie film of that era - requiem for a dream?
RFAD had the lesbian boxing ring scene thing going on iirc.
rageagainstthemachine

SamShark wrote:This is a really odd memory but one night - assume I was off my head in some way - I woke up and the telly was on and there was a movie scene where someone grabbed someone's head and smashed their teeth into a mantle piece.

- As a kid watcing Robocop where the gang members shoot the policeman dude and blow his hand off. f**ked me up.

- Again as a kid there was a BBC drama about the Falklands war called Tumbledown and a soldier stabbed another soldier to death with a bayonet. Again f**ked me up.
Robocop, seriously, Im talking in adultworld here. I get it was scary as a kid. Bet you didnt watch the pianist as a kid. You would watch robocop anyday of the week if you had seen that as a kid. Would be like spongebob squarepants.
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

The most disturbing baby scene that sticks in my mind is one from Under the Skin, and there's no violence or horror elements whatsoever. Think my boy was a toddler at the time, so especially freaky.
Liathroidigloine

Post by Liathroidigloine »

Straw Dogs.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

The Pianist is some heavy shit. One of those movies I'm glad to have seen, but probably won't be in a hurry to re-watch.
SamShark

Post by SamShark »

Inch high hogs eye wrote:

Dario Argento’s “Deep Red” possibly? Disturbing scenes were his oeuvre to be fair...
https://youtu.be/qbPDLv33B7M
:lol:

f**king hell - that must be it. Quite funny seeing it now.

That is quite odd. I never thought I'd see that again. The scene is a disturbing but it's great to know didn't imagine it.
Last edited by SamShark on Fri May 08, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davedj77

Post by Davedj77 »

The "squeal like a pig" scene from Deliverance.
Nieghorn

Post by Nieghorn »

Hacksaw Ridge, using a human torso as a shield ... not just sickening (war is often sickening), but also the gall to include it in a 'factual movie' given that he lifts it up like a pillow and shoots the BAR like it's a cap gun.

(If someone has a real account of it happening, I'd still be inclined to call BS. Even if the subject were a skinny 120lb depression era wee-man - and just re-watched it, it was a fellow American he picks up - the torso is over 50% of one's body weight.)
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Irreversible kinda takes the cake.
Nieghorn

Post by Nieghorn »

"Bite the curb" also makes me ill to think, on several levels, and it didn't even have to show the gore (from memory, I might have blocked it all out! :lol: x( )
nuffsaid

Post by nuffsaid »

There have been several but I think the first that got to me was the baby on the sabre in Soldier Blue.
Lacrobat

Post by Lacrobat »

The final montage from Requiem for a Dream.

The "Van Gogh" scene from Reservoir Dogs.

The rape and murder scene from Strange Days.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Bindi wrote:Buffalo hacking in Apocalypse Now.
Just about every scene in Apocalypse Now.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

What happens to the character Maggie in the movie 'Million Dollar Baby' comes to mind.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Invictus
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Mr Mike wrote:Invictus
I watched the winning drop goal scene on YouTube but wasn’t prepared to post it here.
New guy

Post by New guy »

Bimboc69 wrote:A Serbian...
Ha, was going to say that. Its almost too ridiculous to be shocking though.

I saw Salo on a dodgy online stream and thoroughly regretted that decision. Hated it, made me feel sick.
New guy

Post by New guy »

Speaking of BBC dramas, have you ever seen threads? That sticks with you. Definitely worth a watch.
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

I always found the medic dying in saving Private Ryan quite heavy. Particularly as he starts crying out for his mother (and when you remember his comments about his mum from earlier in the movie).

I should qualify that this isn’t too disturbing visually. It’s just a death that affected me more than most.
dinsdale

Post by dinsdale »

Vampire at the window in Salem's Lot.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Wilderbeast wrote:I always found the medic dying in saving Private Ryan quite heavy. Particularly as he starts crying out for his mother (and when you remember his comments about his mum from earlier in the movie).

I should qualify that this isn’t too disturbing visually. It’s just a death that affected me more than most.
Common occurrence, I understand. Dying men crying for their mother in battle :((

I found the German saying “ssssh, ssssh it will be over soon” as he buried the knife far more disturbing.
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

JB1981 wrote:
I watched the winning drop goal scene on YouTube but wasn’t prepared to post it here.
Dammit, knew someone would beat me to it.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

dinsdale wrote:Vampire at the window in Salem's Lot.
Yeah, I remember being spooked by that as a kid. I'm not sure if it would have the same effect on me now though.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Nieghorn wrote:"Bite the curb" also makes me ill to think, on several levels, and it didn't even have to show the gore (from memory, I might have blocked it all out! :lol: x( )
The "bite the curb" scene in American X was the first to spring to mind, foillowed by the "Strange Days" rape and murder. Then it was the scene in "Rosemary's Baby" when Mia Farrow had made it back to her apartment and thought she was safe, only for us to see the hidden connecting door opening in the background and members of the coven file into her apartment. Though that might be more related to the fact that it was a midnight showing and we were as high as fudge.
Dark

Post by Dark »

There is a fair few in the original "I spit on your grave"
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

mr bungle wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:I always found the medic dying in saving Private Ryan quite heavy. Particularly as he starts crying out for his mother (and when you remember his comments about his mum from earlier in the movie).

Common occurrence, I understand. Dying men crying for their mother in battle :((

I found the German saying “ssssh, ssssh it will be over soon” as he buried the knife far more disturbing.
I can’t believe I forgot about that. I think the medic came to me first because I always found it sad but it wasn’t until a later rewatch that I drew the connection between his earlier comments showing how close he was to his mother but also how he had some weird issues due to her working schedule.

All that said, I think you’re right. The ssshhh scene is particularly painful.
Red Revolution

Post by Red Revolution »

mr bungle wrote:

I was hopping onto the thread just to single out that German with the knife. :(

I'll go with the final scene from Brazil with Sam Lowry's "escape" as a fallback.
Lobby

Post by Lobby »

The torture scene in Audition, when she whispers "Kiri-kiri-kiri" as she sticks needles in the main character’s eyes and saws his leg off.

The scene is almost unwatchable, not just because of the physical detail of the scene, but also because of the way the tension has ratcheted up throughout the film leading up to this point.
rageagainstthemachine

Some serious shit on here. Horror movies. I don't go near them. A massive genre if you go into any of the dodgy streaming sites.
puku

Post by puku »

:lol:

Well yes.
puku

Post by puku »

Blood and gore is not disturbing guys.

Denis Hopper in his most disturbing best. Mommy scene in Blue Velvet