Are Looters Bad?

All things Rugby
Catman

Are Looters Bad?

Post by Catman »

Seeing as apparently the Bad Cops thread is only to vent about how bad the police are, this is the place to air your views on whether opportunistic shopping is a good thing or not.

If you are very, very, VERY angry about something, is it OK to then destroy someone else's business and steal their property? Even if that person had nothing to do with the reason for being very, very , very angry.

Personally, I cant see this stopping anytime soon. These protests and riots will soon move to focus on unemployment, esp among the sector most devastated by CV19 (which also happens to be mostly black). It will devastate inner cities as businesses close for good and owners leave, taking their capital with them. Business that survives wont last long with boarded-up shops adjacent that never get filled. Rents and local tax collection will plummet. Places like Harlem and the Bronx, will go back to being crime-ridden slums.

The long term effects will lead to even worse racial inequality, crime and poverty in Americas inner cities.
Big Nipper

Re: Are Looters Bad?

Post by Big Nipper »

Ah, the good old "Private property is more valuable than the lives of human beings" argument. Worked beautifully for the Apartheid government

:uhoh:
ScarfaceClaw

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

Big Nipper wrote:Ah, the good old "Private property is more valuable than the lives of human beings" argument. Worked beautifully for the Apartheid government

Yep. Smashing the fuck out of old people protecting their shops and nicking everything you can get your hands on is what George would have wanted.
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:Ah, the good old "Private property is more valuable than the lives of human beings" argument. Worked beautifully for the Apartheid government

Yep. Smashing the fuck out of old people protecting their shops and nicking everything you can get your hands on is what George would have wanted.
Have you seen the videos of cops smashing the fudge out of peaceful protesters?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Catman wrote: Are Looters Bad?
Looters have souls too
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Over-insure the fudge out of your business and send out the invites - dead stock gone in seconds and paid at full replacement value.

Hint - don't get in the bloody way.
kiwinoz

Post by kiwinoz »

Enzedder wrote:Over-insure the fudge out of your business and send out the invites - dead stock gone in seconds and paid at full replacement value.

Hint - don't get in the bloody way.
Commit insurance fraud as well? How about you invite a burglar into your home? Hint dont get in the way. But as long as it is happening to someone else...
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

:lol: Nice work Cartman, nice honest thread you’ve started here.
jamesfreeman

Post by jamesfreeman »

Yes looters, peaceful protesters definitely not bad. You are on the moral low ground if you defend looters as far as I am concerned also if you defend assaults on others during riots if they unprovoked. Also just because looting is a bad thing doesnt mean we should tolerate cops beating up peaceful protesters...

Post by 4071 »

Big Nipper wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

Wrong thread.
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

#looterslivesmatter

Post by 4071 »

Anyway, the correct answer is yes. Looters are bad. Generally.

However, there may be exceptions.

Thinking of natural disasters engulfing cities, leaving people homeless and unable to look after their families. Or thinking of a zombie apocalypse. The looting of abandoned supermarkets for supplies may well be morally justified, even if it is theoretically a crime.
Catman

Post by Catman »

Big Nipper wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

You have your own thread for that ! Uncle FB has specifically barred us from conflating these subjects :x

(but yes I have seen the vids. Still doesnt make me want to destroy and steal random unrelated peoples property)
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

#notalllooters
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Catman wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

You have your own thread for that ! Uncle FB has specifically barred us from conflating these subjects :x

(but yes I have seen the vids. Still doesnt make me want to destroy and steal random unrelated peoples property)
Is this an admission that you go round to your aunties house and steal her undies
backrow

Post by backrow »

I hate looters
sonic_attack

Post by sonic_attack »

Violence is never too far away in the human condition, neither is theft. Does anyone really think we didn't behave the same all the way through our evolution?
Catman

Post by Catman »

Anonymous. wrote:
Catman wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

Is this an admission that you go round to your aunties house and steal her undies
Whoa!! ZING!
Catman

Post by Catman »

sonic_attack wrote:Violence is never too far away in the human condition, neither is theft. Does anyone really think we didn't behave the same all the way through our evolution?
:uhoh: :uhoh:

what you getting at here bub? I would tread very carefully around bringing up evolution.. . :shock:
Catman

Post by Catman »

Thomas wrote:#notalllooters
#neversaidtheywere
Openside

Post by Openside »

They just need to shoot a few that is normally how looting is dealt with. :nod:
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Catman wrote:
sonic_attack wrote:Violence is never too far away in the human condition, neither is theft. Does anyone really think we didn't behave the same all the way through our evolution?
:uhoh: :uhoh:

what you getting at here bub? I would tread very carefully around bringing up evolution.. . :shock:
Are you an expat Saffer?
AnkleTap

Post by AnkleTap »

Looters are not bad and some skills where shown. However until they over run an Amazon warehouse I am withholding any high scores.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Openside wrote:They just need to shoot a few that is normally how looting is dealt with. :nod:
Only the nasty white ones though
Catman

Post by Catman »

I missed this gem. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DragonKhan

Post by DragonKhan »

Openside wrote:They just need to shoot a few that is normally how looting is dealt with. :nod:
Like the ones on the ground, unarmed and shot through the police windowshield?
Catman

Post by Catman »

DragonKhan wrote:
I didnt think they were looting though? So this one may belong on the Bad Cops thread. Uncle FB will not be pleased :x
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Catman wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:
I didnt think they were looting though? So this one may belong on the Bad Cops thread. Uncle FB will not be pleased :x
Yeah come on DragonKahn, get that to the correct thread - this is the "looting" thread, where apparently all looters are very, very, VERY angry about something. Nope, I know what you're going to suggest, but no, they're not opportunistic wankers taking advantage of a crap situation, not at all.
Lemoentjie

Post by Lemoentjie »

Normally I would agree, but people have their livelihoods in those businesses and properties. 1 life already ended, why damage more?
Catman

Post by Catman »

UncleFB wrote:
Catman wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:
Yeah come on DragonKahn, get that to the correct thread - this is the "looting" thread, where apparently all looters are very, very, VERY angry about something. Nope, I know what you're going to suggest, but no, they're not opportunistic wankers taking advantage of a crap situation, not at all.
So you agree they bad? or just wankers up for some jolly japes ? high jinks ? Naughty little minx's?

They dont really harm anyone. Its only property apparently. Which is replaceable.
Openside

Post by Openside »

Has anyone posted this yet?

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MYGNklYaYZJw
ScarfaceClaw

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

Big Nipper wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

Is that justification for looting a few shops? I need 10 big screen TVs and a rack of random clothes because there was a cop beating someone up 30 blocks over last night. Fair point. Wanna give that bystander a whack on the way back to the car? I’m sure they’ll understand when you tell them about that policeman.
ScarfaceClaw

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

backrow wrote:
The one thing we’ve learned from this is that all white people are nasty. As it turns out there is no such thing as a good white person.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

4071 wrote:Anyway, the correct answer is yes. Looters are bad. Generally.

However, there may be exceptions.

Thinking of natural disasters engulfing cities, leaving people homeless and unable to look after their families. Or thinking of a zombie apocalypse. The looting of abandoned supermarkets for supplies may well be morally justified, even if it is theoretically a crime.
4071 is Rick Grimes and I claim my fiver
backrow

Post by backrow »

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
backrow wrote:
The one thing we’ve learned from this is that all white people are nasty. As it turns out there is no such thing as a good white person.
Yup. Except the ones also not busy in work who can go and loot and graffiti productively
Nieghorn

Post by Nieghorn »

Are short ones okay?
assfly

Post by assfly »

Nieghorn wrote:
Are short ones okay?
:lol:
shereblue

Post by shereblue »

Looters are bad.

It was never more prevalent than in the pre-mass immigration days of WW2 in London, famed for its blitz spirit. Never mind supermarkets, dead bodies and properties of the deceased were prime targets. Scum.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instan ... front.html
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

shereblue wrote:Looters are bad.

It was never more prevalent than in the pre-mass immigration days of WW2 in London, famed for its blitz spirit. Never mind supermarkets, dead bodies and properties of the deceased were prime targets. Scum.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instan ... front.html

It’s one of the things we celebrate most.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

I had the understanding that the "Rights to bear arms" was because of the Americans distrust of government. I think what's happening (aggressive protest met with restrainted resistance), was a scenario predicted to happen by the forefathers of the USA.